Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88673 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A car fits, Corn? Really don't forget the billions and billions and billions of years yet to come. Corn would not ever come to be? Kind of sinks evolution don't you think?
Water landing on rocks in just a few millions years created life, right?
Teosinte (corn) could not evolve into corn? Really?
No it wouldn't have, no more than a chihuahua would have on it's own by wolves breeding.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88674 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok your ape. No biggy, by the way I'm man.
Then you are ape.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#88676 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The plant we know as corn is a kind of grass. Over time it was selected to serve up plump grains which are seeds. This kind is like a flowering plant, but it produces seperate male and female flowering parts and the male structure produces pollen while the silks snag the pollen from the wind. It is a flowering grass but doesn't need insect pollinators. It is what it is and it is a chosen kind.
So, considering that humans can selectively breed huge variations in living organisms, why is it so hard for you to understand that nature - specifically environmental change - can do a similar thing? And that given long enough, with enough environmental changes, that this change can easily exceed what man has done in a few centuries or millenia?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88677 May 7, 2013
It is my belief that systems in nature produce porposeful results and change can occur if needs be to produce life on earth and allow for fruitful multiplying of all kinds that will work in outlined areas or niches.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88678 May 7, 2013
I believe all kinds of living things have the tools within themselves to do work within outlined areas and patterned systems which cycle keep life going.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88679 May 7, 2013
Anything that has a pattern to cycly function has purpose.

Level 6

Location hidden

#88680 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
It is my belief that systems in nature produce porposeful results and change can occur if needs be to produce life on earth and allow for fruitful multiplying of all kinds that will work in outlined areas or niches.
Good that you said its a belief system, not an evidence based view.

How do you propose to test your idea against the current view that change is random but that some change happens to prove beneficial in some environments?

Level 6

Location hidden

#88681 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe all kinds of living things have the tools within themselves to do work within outlined areas and patterned systems which cycle keep life going.
Good that you said its a belief system, not an evidence based view.

How do you propose to test this idea against the current view which is based on evidence of random mutation, not to mention the fact that 99% of species that ever existed on the earth are now extinct? Did they lack the tools within themselves?

Level 6

Location hidden

#88682 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
So going around in circles is evidence of purpose?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88683 May 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Corn is a grass.
Genesis 1:11 (1611 King James Bible)
Viewing the 1611 King James Version. Click to switch to standard King James Version of Genesis 1:11
And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.
Bible also says the Earth is flat, geocentric and that donkeys and lizards talk.

It's wrong. Period.
KJV wrote:
Ok your ape. No biggy, by the way I'm man.
I agree, since all men are apes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88684 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Still don't care Mikey.
Libertarian

UK

#88685 May 7, 2013
The universe was sterile and you wander where the life came from.

This forum shows how little is understood. Instead of being on here you could read a book and have your questions answered. It's called education.

Life isn't different to any other chemical process. Molecules link up, create protein chains and so forth.

The right chemicals in the water reacting with each other, sunlight, or the rocks would develop into life. Don't get hung up on the cell, that wasn't the first life, far from it.

Also remember evolution does not have a purpose or goal in mind, only to survive to pass on the gene. If you think theres a goal you're still being held back by your religious ideas.

We've mapped the genome, we have the proof.

If you think science is anti-theistic you haven't even grasped what science means.

Scientific opinon is not a democracy. It doesn't matter if a million scientists disagree with one if that one has proof he is right.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88686 May 7, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
The universe was sterile and you wander where the life came from.
This forum shows how little is understood. Instead of being on here you could read a book and have your questions answered. It's called education.
Life isn't different to any other chemical process. Molecules link up, create protein chains and so forth.
The right chemicals in the water reacting with each other, sunlight, or the rocks would develop into life. Don't get hung up on the cell, that wasn't the first life, far from it.
Also remember evolution does not have a purpose or goal in mind, only to survive to pass on the gene. If you think theres a goal you're still being held back by your religious ideas.
We've mapped the genome, we have the proof.
If you think science is anti-theistic you haven't even grasped what science means.
Scientific opinon is not a democracy. It doesn't matter if a million scientists disagree with one if that one has proof he is right.
OH, there is plenty of proof for SCP theory, if they would admit it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88687 May 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OH, there is plenty of proof for SCP theory, if they would admit it.
It is fairly obvious that you do not know the meaning of either the words "proof" or "theory".

There is no "SCP theory" to start with. The word "theory" has a very precise definition in science. I am sure that your idea does not qualify.
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

#88688 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It is fairly obvious that you do not know the meaning of either the words "proof" or "theory".
There is no "SCP theory" to start with. The word "theory" has a very precise definition in science. I am sure that your idea does not qualify.
SCP is the foundation for ground breaking discoveries and Syphon Pumps are among the first.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88690 May 7, 2013
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>SCP is the foundation for ground breaking discoveries and Syphon Pumps are among the first.
Uh-huh, right. The only syphon pumps I have heard of had nonsensical over unity claims associated with them.

Links please, or admit you are lying.
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

#88691 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh, right. The only syphon pumps I have heard of had nonsensical over unity claims associated with them.
GOOGLE Syphon Pump definition.....
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88692 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOGLE " SYPHON PUMP definition"..

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88693 May 7, 2013
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>GOOGLE Syphon Pump definition.....
I am not doing your homework for you. Now if you are referring to some sort of variation on a ram pump there is nothing new there. That technology is over one hundred years old. It can be useful, but not as a major power source.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88694 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not doing your homework for you. Now if you are referring to some sort of variation on a ram pump there is nothing new there. That technology is over one hundred years old. It can be useful, but not as a major power source.
I am talking about a patterned system that can pump itself with cycles. A system that can produce a purposeful result like sytems in nature do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 10 min DondoDork 7,404
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 23 min whatimeisit 6,919
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 30 min -Lea- 26,019
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 35 min DondoDork 1,212
Is it possible to....... 36 min CJ Rocker 610
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 152,865
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 40 min DondoDork 34,999
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,786
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 6 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web