Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88647 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Man created corn from teosinte.
But first it was transformed into maize. Maize was cross pollinated
to create corn.
and now we have GMO corn. It's alive! It's aliiiiiive!!!! a modern day Prometheus...

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88649 May 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. So how approximately how much of the US population are liberal and how many are conservative? As a vague guess I thought it was roughly 50/50-ish myself, give or take.
Based on the last poll I say, 20% admit to being liberal, and 40% conservative. The liberals pick up the ones that vote for candy and present, meaning they don't care who it is, it's just who will give them the most freebies.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88650 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people like to credit their imaginary friend with the advances of everyone else so they can feel superior.
It's only fare since you have an imaginary president.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88651 May 6, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>It's only fare since you have an imaginary president.
More tin foil for your hat is needed.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88652 May 6, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Based on the last poll I say, 20% admit to being liberal, and 40% conservative. The liberals pick up the ones that vote for candy and present, meaning they don't care who it is, it's just who will give them the most freebies.
Fundies write the funniest sh!t!!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#88653 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>She's still claiming that AIDS is a result of bestiality.
Despite all the evidence to the contrary.
What that has to do with homosexuality, I do not know.
Because the topic of the link reads "Gays are criminals, not equals"

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88654 May 6, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the topic of the link reads "Gays are criminals, not equals"
Ah.

Simple bigotry.

Gottit.

Sao Paulo

#88655 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you create corn?
Or is your simpleton brain thinking that
Breeding corn to get different types is creation?
God didn't create corn, Monsanto created corn.

Sao Paulo

#88656 May 6, 2013
But then again, Monsanto IS God. At least they are trying to be.

Sao Paulo

#88657 May 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, we use All-Clad cook ware on them. i like my non-stick pans for many everyday uses like scrambled eggs and such, and they don't work on them...
Can't recall what brand we have and we got them at some snooty cooking place in a tourist town near our cabin. think we paid over 2 bills for the both of them...so you seem to have gotten a good deal.(but seriously, we have two induction 'burners' on the Viking stove top in the kitchen and these portable ones seem to work even better.)
All Clad makes real cooks want to pleasure themselves. Cooking is my passion, and when I travel I always bring back cookware, mostly from Europe. But All Clad is one of my all-time favorites for pots and pans.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88660 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe man created corn?
create[ kree-eyt ]
verb (used with object)
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not be made by ordinary processes.
Man created autos but corn? LOL
I don't believe I know.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#88661 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said man created corn.
Did man create tulips? Orchids? Roses?
Nut job alert!!!
Many of the cultivated plant species we use today are the result of controlled breeding over the last 9,000 years and there are no known wild relatives for a good number of these crops. Corn is one good example of a plant that didn't exist until it was developed by man.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88662 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe man created corn?
create[ kree-eyt ]
verb (used with object)
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not be made by ordinary processes.
Man created autos but corn? LOL
Corn fits the definition you posted. In essence it was created by man.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88663 May 6, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
All Clad makes real cooks want to pleasure themselves. Cooking is my passion, and when I travel I always bring back cookware, mostly from Europe. But All Clad is one of my all-time favorites for pots and pans.
The ex took ours when she left. I really miss those pots and pans.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88664 May 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
Throw out all those posters and books that depict an ape evolving into a human being, says Kent State University Professor of Anthropology Dr. C. Owen Lovejoy. An internationally recognized biological anthropologist who specializes in the study of human origins, Lovejoy is one of the primary authors who revealed their research findings today on Ardipithecus ramidus, a hominid species that lived 4.4 million years ago in what is now Ethiopia. "People often think we evolved from apes, but no, apes in many ways evolved from us," Lovejoy said
You can say it. You can show it with pictures even a child or child-like mind can grasp. You can put it on the web for all to see, but idiots keep going to water on the misunderstood and erroneous notion that we evolved from apes. All that evolution has ever said, despite the misinformation and ignorance campaign is that we share a commone ancestor with apes.
KJV

United States

#88665 May 6, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>God didn't create corn, Monsanto created corn.
Ya sure! You bet ya!

Genesis 1:11 (1611 King James Bible)

Viewing the 1611 King James Version. Click to switch to standard King James Version of Genesis 1:11

And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.

Man created corn! LMAO
KJV

United States

#88666 May 6, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
But then again, Monsanto IS God. At least they are trying to be.
Agreed! they own the soybean market. And they will crush anyone that try's and stands in the way.
KJV

United States

#88667 May 6, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>All Clad makes real cooks want to pleasure themselves. Cooking is my passion, and when I travel I always bring back cookware, mostly from Europe. But All Clad is one of my all-time favorites for pots and pans.
Genesis 1:12.3
(161 BC King James Bible)

Viewing the 161 BC King James Version. Click to switch to standard King James Version of Genesis 1:12.3

And God said, Let the Earth bring forth Clad cookware, upon the earth: and it was so.
KJV

United States

#88668 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe I know.
You no.

I agree.
KJV

United States

#88669 May 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Many of the cultivated plant species we use today are the result of controlled breeding over the last 9,000 years and there are no known wild relatives for a good number of these crops. Corn is one good example of a plant that didn't exist until it was developed by man.
Corn is a grass.

Genesis 1:11 (1611 King James Bible)

Viewing the 1611 King James Version. Click to switch to standard King James Version of Genesis 1:11

And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tellmealie (Dec '12) 5 min dragoon70056 329
Is it possible to....... 6 min dragoon70056 573
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min jimmy krack korn 152,489
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 7 min Bill 13,584
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 10 min wichita-rick 605
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 13 min dragoon70056 2,871
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min Sarah 25,703
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 21 min Mega Monster 7,578
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 47 min D Valens 310
More from around the web