Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,183)

Showing posts 83,641 - 83,660 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it wasn't women?
There have been some pretty sick women over the ages. And it could have been from a bite that involved no sex at all.
And Mary, if you had AIDS, unless you are a miracle of medicine you have AiDS.
most likely it was just from the blood of an infected animal... very popular meat in that area.

most epidemiologists think that is how it got into the human bloodstream...
Mary Magdalena

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Here's another question I've been wondering about:

Paleontologists say that they have hauled in:

0 Mesozoic cavemen
2100 Mesozoic dinosaurs
4000 Cenozoic cavemen
0 Cenozoic dinosaurs

They tell us that the age of the dinosaurs lasted about 160 million years and that the age of the cavemen lasted about 3 million years.

Yet the Bible says that all mankind and all the animals were created at the very beginning.
I shall be agreeable and say that the Creation took place at the beginning of the Mesozoic age.
If you wish to say that all the deeper fossils were laid there by the Flood, I shall agree with you for the time being.
Furthermore, you may say that the Bible talks about dinosaurs, and that the leviathan and the behemoth were nothing more than alternate names for dinosaurs.

Okay. But that doesn't settle the problem of how paleontologists only report dinosaurs in deeper soil and cavemen in more shallow soil.
If humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together, then the tally should be something like:

3926 Mesozoic cavemen
2061 Mesozoic dinosaurs
74 Cenozoic cavemen
39 Cenozoic dinosaurs

VD, you say that Evolutionary theory is all Satan's idea.
How did Satan get involved here?
Did Satan move all the fossils to the positions in which the paleontologists found them?
Is Satan hiding all the Mesozoic cavemen and Cenozoic dinosaurs so that the paleontologists can't find them?
Or are paleontologists really finding Mesozoic cavemen and Cenozoic dinosaurs, but Satan is compelling them to hide them from us?
D
"Okay. But that doesn't settle the problem of how paleontologists only report dinosaurs in deeper soil and cavemen in more shallow soil.
If humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together, then the tally should be something like: "

Couple of things here

In the after math of a huge flood the heaviest animal would settle to the bottom first.

Second, men and dinosaurs foot tracks in the same ledge rock in many places around the world.

Men named the different layers of mud not God. Christians know that a layer of mud does not mean millions of years of dust settling. Animals have to be buried fast in order to be fossilized. You always hear of huge mixes of fossilized dinosaurs bones, like what a flood might leave behind.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>most likely it was just from the blood of an infected animal... very popular meat in that area.
most epidemiologists think that is how it got into the human bloodstream...
Personally I am beginning to believe it was Mary who jumped into a time machine and did it with a chimp.

The "lady" doth protest too much.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"Okay. But that doesn't settle the problem of how paleontologists only report dinosaurs in deeper soil and cavemen in more shallow soil.
If humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together, then the tally should be something like: "
Couple of things here
In the after math of a huge flood the heaviest animal would settle to the bottom first.
Second, men and dinosaurs foot tracks in the same ledge rock in many places around the world.
Men named the different layers of mud not God. Christians know that a layer of mud does not mean millions of years of dust settling. Animals have to be buried fast in order to be fossilized. You always hear of huge mixes of fossilized dinosaurs bones, like what a flood might leave behind.
Sorry, there are no men and dinosaur footprints in the same place. There are dinosaur footprints and fraudulent men's footprints in the same place.

And your other idea fails very quickly when you look more closely at the fossil record. Especially when you look at microscopic index fossils.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I am beginning to believe it was Mary who jumped into a time machine and did it with a chimp.
seriously? even chimps have standards...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of things here
you don't even know that you just contradicted yourself, do you?

if fossils need to be buried quickly, then the humans and the dinosaurs would be together.

logic is not something you should attempt without a spotter...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belong to any organized religion. But I follow God and his word. Do you have issues with that?
.\\
=====\\===
\\
=======\\=
\\
why do you continually lie about that? isn't lying about your cult frowned upon?

every single thing you think you know about your mythical god you got from your cult.

you spew bible crap like you have diarrhea of the brain...

sad that you have to lie about yourself so much...
blackiethecat

Buenos Aires, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

PROFESSOR X wrote:
Atheistic Scientists were Humiliated As Their Junk DNA Evolution Paradigm recently Collapsed
Anti-theistic scientists, Ken Miller, Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents made failed observations about DNA, such that their Darwinian evolution paradigm has collapsed. Not that long ago, junk DNA was being defended as an important element of the Darwinian evolution paradigm ... The question now seems to be whether Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents will continue to defend junk DNA, whatever they call it?- Rob Crowther,PhD
Evolutionary Biologist Richard Sternberg discusses modern genomics and the collapse of evolutionists junk DNA theory.
http://www.cross.tv/66770
Doubt Atheism & Question Darwinism
http://www.evolutionfacts.blogspot.com
LOL pal. And the whale swallowed Jonah, Noah put all the world's animals on a large boat and the earth is only about 6,000 or so years old. ROFLMAO

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Free Servant, what was God's plan in putting claws on ostrich wings?
What was God's plan in endowing whales with tiny leg bones?
What was God's in putting whale embryos through a stage in which they resemble land mammals?
Mary Magdalena

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That IS a religion.
Damn that symbol didn't turn out at all

Please note the word "organized"
In my post. Idiot.
Mary Magdalena

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.

You: "God".

Me: "Really? Kewl! Show me."

You: LIAR! BLASPHEMER!
Looks like another atheist off the deep end.

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I wrote:
"When did anyone on this thread ever say God doesn't exist?"

Mary Magdalena wrote:
"Really? You can read can't you?

If this thread is so full of atheist testimonies, then it should be easy for you to find at least one.
So will you kindly answer my question?

Mary Magdalena wrote:
"Wow talk about denial. Oh never mind you're an atheist that's kind of stupidity is to be expected."

Another question:
I guess I AM stupid if I said that I was an atheist and can't remember.
When did I ever say that?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
In my post. Idiot.
you mean organized into books and chapters like the bible crap you spew? that kind of organized cult that you are a member of?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
In my post. Idiot.
Organized or not, it is what it is.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Free Servant, what was God's plan in putting claws on ostrich wings?
What was God's plan in endowing whales with tiny leg bones?
What was God's in putting whale embryos through a stage in which they resemble land mammals?
Seen this"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena has invited us to a study of Flood Geology, and I am happy to accept.

Ironically, most of the Flood Geology terminology has been coined not by its adherents but by its opponents. Saladin, Schadewald, and Kitcher have suggested names for three factors which would determine the order of the fossils deposited by the Flood. I shall use all three sets of terms.

First, we shall look at the hydraulic selection hypothesis (Saladin), hydraulic sorting (Schadewald), or hydraulic characteristics (Kitcher). Creationist writers Whitcomb & Morris speak of "decreasing density and other hydrodynamic factors tending to promote earlier and deeper sedimentation." According to this hypothesis, species which settled the quickest are found in the lower layers and those which settled the slowest are found in the higher layers.

This hypothesis can be subdivided. Whitcomb & Morris cite two factors in sedimentation denoted by Krumblein & Sloss. One is particle density. Although a log is heavier than a coin, a coin is more dense. This explains why a log floats on the water whereas a coin immediately sinks to the bottom. This also explains why endomorphs float on the water more easily than ectomorphs.
However, McGowan does not agree that this prediction comes true in the geological column. He would expect to find "a predominance of trees" in the highest layers and "the densest organisms, like corals and shells" in the lowest layers. Saladin asks why microbes appear lower than animals with hard shells.

Another factor cited by Krumblein & Sloss is particle sphericity. The more spherical an object is, the more quickly it settles. This factor explains why kites, which are designed to float in the air, are flat. It also explains why paper airplanes sail through the air better than paper wads.

Here again, Evolutionists see Creationist predictions as failing. Strahler speaks of small extinct marine creatures called graptolites. These little animals came in an assortment of designs, but all of them were almost flat. They most likely floated on the surface when they were alive, and Flood geology would predict that they would be found on the surface today. Instead, they are found in the Ordovician and Silurian strata of the Paleozoic Era. This indicates to Evolutionary geologists not that they were deposited by the Flood, but that they lived 500-400 million years ago.

Moreover, Whitcomb & Morris quickly gloss over a third factor denoted by Krumbein & Sloss: particle diameter. This factor predicts that the largest animals should be found on the bottom. McGowan makes an analogy with sediments laid on the beach, with "the largest boulders ... at the bottom, grading into pebbles, coarse gravel, sand, and then mud and clays at the top."
Instead, Evolutionists find the exact opposite. Schadewald asks why smaller trilobites are not found in higher strata than larger trilobites. Strahler also asks why giant dinosaurs and giant mammals are not found in the lowest layer. Furthermore, why aren't adults of each species found in lower strata than juveniles of the same species?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Organized or not, it is what it is.
most cult members on these threads , like Mary and KJV and Langoliers, all say they don't belong to any religion, but then immediately go one to quote religions and repeat their dogma and theology word for word, thought for thought...

i wonder why they have to lie about their cult membership so much?

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Next is the ecological zonation hypothesis (Saladin), victim habitat (Schadewald), or habitat (Kitcher). Whitcomb & Morris speak of "increasing elevation of habitat and therefore time required for the Flood to attain stages sufficient to overtake them." In other words, the lowest layers will be occupied by species with lowest habitats.
Here again, the Evolutionists see theory contradicting fact. Saladin asks why microbes are found in the lowest strata and why marine fossils are often found in higher strata than land animals and plants.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But Mary is a chimp?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeewwww!
I just hope I don't catch AIDS again!!
Thanks to the men who committed beastieality and brought this blight on mankind.
Are you completely uneducated?

It was passed to humans from monkeys, not through "sex," that's not the primary mode of infection, but by handling the blood of the monkeys. As in, when preparing them to be eaten. The HIV virus diverged from the SIV virus during this contact of blood to blood, since that's how HIV is transmitted. You cannot be cured of HIV, at least not yet, it's a lifetime infection. It is actually easier to catch the virus as a nurse who never has sex than as a promiscuous teen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,641 - 83,660 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

209 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Mister_ E 140,304
Sleeping Fan Sues ESPN, MLB For Defamation 3 min Holy Shnikies 30
What is the meaning of life? 6 min Sublime1 7
Word Association (Jun '10) 10 min Bezeer 25,769
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 10 min man in a suit 6,160
Word Assassination (Nov '13) 10 min Bezeer 857
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 11 min Sublime1 8,799
How to become Unbannable 19 min tora tora tora 58
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr CJ Rocker 14,105