Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88456 May 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! natural selection does NOT decide what is a crime that is a moral choice ! Two apes fight and one kills the other is not murder, according to the evolutionists we are apes right?
yet apes and wolves and other social animals do ostracize pack members for behavior they do not condone...seems they do have crimes and punishment.(and they can't even read Dostoyevsky!)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88457 May 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet apes and wolves and other social animals do ostracize pack members for behavior they do not condone...seems they do have crimes and punishment.(and they can't even read Dostoyevsky!)
Or the bible.

;-)

St. Croix valley

#88459 May 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the bible.
;-)
they never invented cults like humans did...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88461 May 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>42. no wait...damn, where's my towel? i'm panicking!!!
Just suck on the end with the antidepressants.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88463 May 2, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
If all rules are ,...just made up...then there is no right and wrong, only someones opinion, therefore rape ,incest and genocide may be perfectly okay in someones view and is equal to your view. Unless you are appealing to some standard, are you?
What standard? You don't even have a standard.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88464 May 2, 2013
bohart wrote:
If all rules are ,...just made up...then there is no right and wrong, only someones opinion, therefore rape ,incest and genocide may be perfectly okay in someones view and is equal to your view.
Bingo. There are only choices and consequences. Therefore over time people invented rules to help both individuals and society as a whole deal with those choices and consequences.
bohart wrote:
Unless you are appealing to some standard, are you?
On the contrary I am not appealing to any common standard at all. That's the point. Fundies claim to appeal to a common standard which comes from the divine. Only problem is that their common standard is also arbitrary, since the religion was made up by people making up arbitrary rules. And even if the rules really were laid down by a divine being then that was God being just as arbitrary, hence why he keeps changing his mind on what he likes and doesn't like. Plus many of his acts in the book make all the worst tyrants in the world look like a bunch of little girls making daisy-chains. These acts are either ignored by fundies for convenience or called "good", not because of any virtue of the act but because who was ultimately behind them.

This makes fundies incapable of moral choices because they have no idea how to do so. All they can do is refer to the Bible and claim something is "good" because the invisible magic wizard says so. Other than that their only genuine motivations to do "good" is either fear of eternal hell or desire for eternal paradise. They are completely amoral and incapable of true charity.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88465 May 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What standard? You don't even have a standard.
Well, in our experience of most fundies on here, the standard seems to be if they lie a lot they are doing "good" for the Lord.(shrug)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88466 May 2, 2013
Moses was raised in the privilage of knowing the truth about our Creator and he became the law giver, The scriptures tell us how God gave guidance through Moses and the prophets. Now the comandments and precepts are all fufilled in the words of Jesus and he said that we were to love God and also love our neighbor as much as we love our ownselves. Jesus gave a commandment to love and forgive and this is pleasing to God.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88467 May 2, 2013
Nimrod/Marduk was responsible for the false religion beginning in Babylon and throughout the world and his chosen priest lineage were the privilaged in his kingdom which spread abroad. Moses knew the true God and he was raised in the priests house of the Pharoah ruler in Egypt.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#88470 May 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
What standard .. You don't even have a standard
really .. like KK would have any clue as to what a "standard" is

St. Croix valley

#88474 May 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Moses was raised in the privilage of knowing the truth about our Creator and he became the law giver, The scriptures tell us how God gave guidance through Moses and the prophets. Now the comandments and precepts are all fufilled in the words of Jesus and he said that we were to love God and also love our neighbor as much as we love our ownselves. Jesus gave a commandment to love and forgive and this is pleasing to God.
yeah, remember? that was when your fictitious god told us through Moses that slavery was good. that stoning gays to death was good...that witches were real...

yeah. Moses sure had some divine guidance there, huh? and yu worship this made up god with such poor morals...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88475 May 2, 2013
His-truth wrote:
New York Times: "We are Sarcopterygian Fish,"
.......... If You Ignore Contrary Data
You HAVE no contrary data. You have a bunch of apologists who deny reality while lying for Jesus. We know this since (for one thing) they claimed to have toppled Tiktaalik despite the fact it was a resounding successful scientific prediction that they could never have made, and apologetics from your side denying that appeared before they had even been near the specimen itself.

They still haven't.(shrug)

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88477 May 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruel? That is debatable. Unusual? Hardly. It used to be extremely common. It is even called for in the Bible.
Personally I am not in favor of it because if you execute the wrong person there is no taking it back. But if there was a way of being one hundred percent sure that a person did kill someone else, coldly and cruelly I would not be opposed to it at all.
I was speaking of the liberal point of view, which does not include the Bible, so it is a moot point.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88478 May 2, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I was speaking of the liberal point of view, which does not include the Bible, so it is a moot point.
Wow. So how approximately how much of the US population are liberal and how many are conservative? As a vague guess I thought it was roughly 50/50-ish myself, give or take.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#88479 May 2, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. So how approximately how much of the US population are liberal and how many are conservative? As a vague guess I thought it was roughly 50/50-ish myself, give or take.
These days the definitions of those terms seems rather more plastic than they ever have. I do not buy that liberals don't follow the Bible as a rule. It seems to be a myth established by the highly vocal, but in reality small subset of fundamentalist, revanchist conservatives. They seem to like myths over facts and reality.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88486 May 2, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"How do you know it wasn't women?"
Because men are sick bastards.
"And Mary, if you had AIDS, unless you are a miracle of medicine you have AiDS."
Oh, I didn't know that!
(Subrain really can't get jokes can he?)
Hmm.

You perhaps need to meet a better class of men.

Sorry your experiences to date have been so negative.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88488 May 2, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"your god is proven myth" this is proof that you're a lier.
Okay, "proven" might be a bit of an overstatement - but the fact is that there's no evidence of any deity.

Therefore no reason to believe in one.

So I, for one, don't.

St. Croix valley

#88491 May 2, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"your god is proven myth" this is proof that you're a lier.
nope, an infallible god would not make the mistakes in his own account like yours did.

your god is a proven myth.

your cult lied to you...again...

St. Croix valley

#88494 May 2, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it. Wonder boy
oh, i have done far better than that.

again, you talking about shit you don't know anything about.

St. Croix valley

#88496 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, "proven" might be a bit of an overstatement - but the fact is that there's no evidence of any deity.
Therefore no reason to believe in one.
So I, for one, don't.
No it is not an overstatement. the god of the bible is a proven myth.

there may be some god out there, but as you saay, there is absolutely no evidence for such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Detective Joe Kenda 25,625
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min DILF 6,857
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 5 min DILF 77,653
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min DILF 7,544
ChANge "2" letter ChANgLE 7 min DILF 56
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 7 min DILF 412
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 14 min dragoon70056 40
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 35 min Princess Hey 200
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr mr goodwrench 125
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Tom2Tone 152,438
More from around the web