Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205045 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#88524 May 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Mary, but you might have done a monkey in the past, I doubt if any human would want to do you.
As badly as you want to think of men that was not the cause. Bush meat makes much more sense than bestiality.
Maybe Mary got it at the zoo when she jumped in the gorilla exhibit?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88525 May 2, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
really .. like KK would have any clue as to what a "standard" is
I write code, I prefer Java, we live by standards that you could never follow.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#88526 May 2, 2013
BREAKTIME... Get your red hot doggies right here.. Wash it down with a Pepsi!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88527 May 3, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice article. It does bring up good point.
"why aren't adults of each species found in lower strata than juveniles of the same species?"
It really is simple. Dead carcasses of the same species have the same density so the settle in the mud the same.
"This factor predicts that the largest animals should be found on the bottom"
It's density not size that determines the settling of the carcasses.
Good article though. Unlike flushing bob.
Sorry Mags, but you've already tripped yourself up on this one. First you claimed man and dino walked together because of fossil evidence and then you claimed that man and dinos aren't found together because of "density sorting". You can't have it both ways. And if you have evidence that tiny little fish and trilobites are heavier than massive dinosaurs, and evidence of 1 ton turtles that are lighter than tiny dinosaurs I'd love to hear it.

Of course even you know that evidence is irrelevant when your position is Goddidit with magic. Because as far as you're concerned it doesn't matter what the evidence looks like, whether it swings right or left, up or down - Goddidit with magic no matter what.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88528 May 3, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You would then have to find a preserved one then wouldn't you?
Turtle were in little danger from the flood. They did not die in mass numbers from the flood. So you will not find them with the dinosaurs.
Why not? We have sea-dwelling dinosaurs that apparently have undergone the same "density-sorting" as the rest. Same with fish and trilobites. Plus turtles die of natural causes anyway, so their carcasses would have been "sorted" with everything else.

Of course EVERYTHING would have been in danger from the flood. Even Noah. You propose that TRILLIONS of tons of mass was all moving simultaneously world-wide very violently non-stop for a minimum of 40 days and nights.

How do you like your Ark? Boiled or fried?

“Dancing with the devil”

Level 2

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#88529 May 3, 2013
*grabs some popcorn*

I love watching Creationists attempt to prove evolution wrong...it's comical really :3

When I see how bad Creationists lose in these types of arguments I always find myself wondering how amusing it'd be to see them try to debate Richard Dawkins :3
EVERYMORNING
#88530 May 3, 2013
( ;3) )$ funny

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Zhengzhou, China

#88531 May 3, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:

"How can you spot an atheist?

He's the one that knuckles are dragging on the ground when he walks."

Good idea. Let's have a jokefest.

Why did the Creationist cross the road?
He didn't. His mommy wasn't there to hold his hand.

How many Creationists does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. Creationists use candles.

Why are Creationists afraid to travel?
They might fall off the end of the world.

What's round, has a circle around its nose, and looks like Richard Dawkins?
A dartboard advertised on the Answers in Genesis site.
EVERYMORNING
#88533 May 3, 2013
Don't let the fungus among us(:3&#8364; )

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#88534 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> UK? England for real. Tell your self that word, " learn the meaninh the words ".
That my dear little moron is a phrase, not a word, the difference is that a phrase consists of 2 or more words with spaces between.

When you learn the difference between a word and a phrase you will have learned something.

Level 6

#88535 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are very stupid and ignorant for denying reality. All
nations that takes English as official, lingua franca, native, does so
because of England's influence.
WTF has this to do with the origin of the English language? Oh I know, you are once again trying to obfuscate the issue.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that those countries were once colonised by English speaking peoples.

Level 6

#88536 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are indeed stupid.
Since when has been offering FACT and telling the truth been stupid – Hang on, let me think for a moment… Is it perhaps that you are christian and you see anything that shows you to be foolish as stupid?

Level 6

#88537 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Damn! You or any one else can not deny reality. Challenge what i said!
The very post you reply to was more than challenge it was complete refutation of
what you said. You are simply too ignorant to see that.

Level 6

#88538 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>That is what your mythical theory told you.
You made a statement and I challenged it and all you can do is attempt to slight me personally. You are pathetic.

Level 6

#88539 May 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Still dreaming in ignorance. English was first spoken in England.
Your grasp of history is abysmal and you still have NOT clarified which question you want answering or whether you will change the question again when it is answered.

Some (SOME) English words were first spoken in England some in what is now France, some in Germany, Some in the low countries, some in Italy. Some of those words were first spoken in the Middle East. I have given you several examples to show my point and you ignore them because in your dreams you believe only you can be right.

After all the months of discussion, showing you links to academic papers etc you still have not learned that language is dynamic

Even the word English is not English but a derivation of Angle

Look
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England
The area now called England was first inhabited by modern humans during the Upper Palaeolithic period, but it takes its name from the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes who settled during the 5th and 6th centuries. England became a unified state in 927 AD, and since the Age of Discovery, which began during the 15th century, has had a significant cultural and legal impact on the wider world.[8] The English language, the Anglican Church, and English law - the basis for the common law legal systems of many other countries around the world - developed in England
Endquote

Notice that the language “developed” in England

Level 6

#88540 May 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have small t's?
Ignored on the grounds that you are a moron

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#88541 May 3, 2013
I have a question that may not be exactly on topic, but it does raise a concern. Ever since I entered this topic on Topix a month ago, the ads that appear in my browser are mostly Christian related. My concern is not so much the privacy issue (although it should be, I mean really – wtf?) it is the fact that on every page I browse, there’s a big ad asking "Do you believe in God? Click here for 6 reasons to believe". Now here’s my gripe. What does whoever the owner of this ad have to gain if I believe in God? Why has this person or group, who certainly have incurred reasonable costs to be my personal number 1 ad, gone out of their way to prove to me that God exists? What do they expect to gain from this? Financial gain, or just to strengthen their following? I am truly bemused by their need to prove to me that God exists on every website that I visit. This is what I find the most repellent about some true believers. They are not happy in just their own faith, they feel the need to go out of their way to convince me that I too MUST believe. Why do they take it upon themselves to "sell" this belief to others? I am already comfortable with my own religious beliefs thank you, no need to sell me on an opinion or belief that I might not share.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#88542 May 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The very post you reply to was more than challenge it was complete refutation of
what you said. You are simply too ignorant to see that.
He's not too ignorant Christine, it's the fingers-in-the-ears-while-yell ing-"LALALALALALALALALALA LA" reaction, which is his default response to these type of facts.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88543 May 3, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
I have a question that may not be exactly on topic, but it does raise a concern. Ever since I entered this topic on Topix a month ago, the ads that appear in my browser are mostly Christian related. My concern is not so much the privacy issue (although it should be, I mean really – wtf?) it is the fact that on every page I browse, there’s a big ad asking "Do you believe in God? Click here for 6 reasons to believe". Now here’s my gripe. What does whoever the owner of this ad have to gain if I believe in God? Why has this person or group, who certainly have incurred reasonable costs to be my personal number 1 ad, gone out of their way to prove to me that God exists? What do they expect to gain from this? Financial gain, or just to strengthen their following? I am truly bemused by their need to prove to me that God exists on every website that I visit. This is what I find the most repellent about some true believers. They are not happy in just their own faith, they feel the need to go out of their way to convince me that I too MUST believe. Why do they take it upon themselves to "sell" this belief to others? I am already comfortable with my own religious beliefs thank you, no need to sell me on an opinion or belief that I might not share.
i believe the ads are not the same for everyone, they are based upon the pages here you visit and other sites that you are tracked going to.

i tend to get mainly political based ads as i only post from the US politics page...

as far as the selling of religious cults, any business that doesn't keep a growing customer base will soon be out of business. and religion is the worlds second oldest business, nothing more.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88544 May 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i believe the ads are not the same for everyone, they are based upon the pages here you visit and other sites that you are tracked going to.
i tend to get mainly political based ads as i only post from the US politics page...
as far as the selling of religious cults, any business that doesn't keep a growing customer base will soon be out of business. and religion is the worlds second oldest business, nothing more.
I get the Neanderthal ad too. I noticed that the ads were based upon what other sites you visit after I saw an ad for a portable induction cook top on late night TV. The ad of course made it look to good to be true, and you could get it for only 4 payments of $33.33! But, just for you we will lower it to 3 payments of $33.33 ( I wonder how many people could not do the math and did not see that one coming from a mile away ) plus you get another one free! <just pay shipping and handling> plus more plus more etc. Anyway, it was a neat device so I Google searched it, found out that it was real and finally contacted the company. I asked straight out how much this $100.00 for two portable induction cookers with all of the free stuff would come to when all of the shipping and handling was added. It was about $240.00

Needless to say I did not buy one from them. I did keep looking and bought one from a reputable firm, just one not tow for one, That had a first time customer discount of 30%. Their price was the same as Amazon's and I saved 30% off of that.

Ever since I went to that companies site, the so called 2 for 1, I have seen their add on this site here. They must have some very persistent cookies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Suezanne 197,617
News This Weird Galaxy Is Actually 99.99 Percent Dar... 3 min Told You So 7
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Deer Whisperer 59,848
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 5 min Old Sam 9,129
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 6 min SweLL GirL 3,724
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 13 min Spotted Girl 656
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 13 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 38
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 19 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,858
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 28 min Jennifer Renee 19,824
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,254
More from around the web