Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88383 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be young and defenseless, but the death penalty for murderers in prison is cruel and unusual punishment.
Cruel? That is debatable. Unusual? Hardly. It used to be extremely common. It is even called for in the Bible.

Personally I am not in favor of it because if you execute the wrong person there is no taking it back. But if there was a way of being one hundred percent sure that a person did kill someone else, coldly and cruelly I would not be opposed to it at all.
bohart

Newport, TN

#88384 Apr 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL morality is made up. It's all arbitrary. So if their morality is BS then so is yours.
Then don't be like KK and whine about evil because there isn't any, there's only needs and wants. One mans evil is anothers good fortune.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88385 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
It is far better to follow one's own morals than to follow those handed to them by another human. You are correct, I did choose my own morals, but you are so lazy you follow some morals another human decided on instead of actually thinking about things yourself. Lazy bum.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88386 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't be like KK and whine about evil because there isn't any, there's only needs and wants. One mans evil is anothers good fortune.
"Evil" is also subjective.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88387 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.
The Incans thought it was right, and blessed, to kill and eat any strangers for most of their history, to them, it was not wrong.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88388 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
That's about as wrong as you can be.
Rape resulting in a pregnancy that results in a child .....
Is criminal genes being passed on. Not necessarily stronger better or anything other than genes passed due to a criminal act.

Genocide is murder another criminal act, natural selection encompasses far more reasons than a criminal act that forces it's selection, which BTW is FORCED SELECTION. Or an unnatural selection.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88390 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I know, but the free clinic can treat you for it, if you are lucky. Remember; herpes is forever.
Eeewwww!

I just hope I don't catch AIDS again!!

Thanks to the men who committed beastieality and brought this blight on mankind.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88393 Apr 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know? since you openly lie without regret, and do so repeatedly so you have no thought to stop this action, you certainly don't fall into that christian category you claim.

in fact, didn't you claim to not follow any religion? another lie? a lie about your own faith?

is anything you say true at all? even one thing?
I don't belong to any organized religion. But I follow God and his word. Do you have issues with that?

.\\
=====\\===
\\
=======\\=
\\
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88394 Apr 30, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wrote:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I'm scared!

KJV wrote:
"I don't believe you. You're far too arrogant to believe you could be wrong."

You're not supposed to believe me.
I was being sarcastic.

>>>Pride one of the seven deadly sins.

You must be Catholic.
As I recall, the Bible doesn't talk about the seven deadly sins.
Seven deadly sins. Ever hear of Hollywood?

It was a pretty good movie.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88395 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know that if an atheist disagrees with something they think it's officially debunked. LOL
They also believe in the Big Three.
(Myths: Big Bang, the goo pool life starter, evolution of goo to space explores)
no, when they show you verifiable facts that you cannot counter, it is debunked, as has happened with all your silly bible stories and religious cult myths.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88396 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeewwww!
Thanks to the men who committed beastieality and brought this blight on mankind.
Halfwit.

AIDS is a zoonotic virus, almost certainly transmitted originally my handling bush meat. Specifically, monkey meat.

PAY ATTENTION!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88397 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeewwww!
Are you calling women beasts? Or just animals?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88398 Apr 30, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
>>>Just because a person doesn't understand a supreme God - doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

When did anyone on this thread ever say God doesn't exist?
All I say is that you are claiming that God exists, so I challenge you to prove it.

Show me where anyone else said that God DOESN'T exist, and I will challenge that person to prove it.

>>>Just as I can't "understand" the concept of a gabazillion dollars in my hand. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Nope - it just means "I" can't grasp the enormity of it.

One thing I could never understand:
People accredit God with infinite wisdom, and they admit that God is invisible, but they decide which religion God belongs to.
Just because a religion makes the most sense to you, how does that prove that it makes the most sense to God?

>>>God isn't complicated - and His rules for us are very simple. We either obey them - or we don't - that is each of our own choice to make.

Nothing is complicated if you are a victim of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I'm reminded of the camp song "Tell me why the stars do shine, Tell me why the ivy twines, Tell me why the sky's so blue." Why, God did it, of course!

>>>However - as when we were children, and our parents set out rules for us, we understood that if those rules were broken, there would be consequences to our choices.

Yes, just like some other parents have told their children to throw rotten eggs and rotten tomatos at Jews.

>>>What is so hard to understand that about God - our Heavenly Father.

A lot of things.
For a starter, why would an all-powerful and all-wise God expect to make his existence known to us, and then allow countless religions to develop, and leave us to decide which is the right religion, and with nothing to go on but luck?

>>>Would you raise your kids with no rules or boundries - just turn 'em loose and tell them to do what feels good?

No. Why? Is that the only alternative to raising children on religion and mythology?
And is that what Evolutionists advocate?
Then how do you explain animal behavior studies which show animal society to be every bit as orderly as ours--and conducted, furthermore, by noted Evolutionist scientists such as Konrad Lorenz and Irenaus Eibl-Eibesfeldt?

>>>So why do you guys expect God to do that.

When did anyone on this thread expect God to raise us with no rules or boundaries?
What I don't understand is why we need God's guidance when we established an orderly society millions of years before organized religion was established.
"When did anyone on this thread ever say God doesn't exist?"

Really? You can read can't you?

Wow talk about denial. Oh never mind you're an atheist that's kind of stupidity is to be expected.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88399 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You've summed it up nicely.
Pfft.

You: "God".

Me: "Really? Kewl! Show me."

You: LIAR! BLASPHEMER!
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88400 Apr 30, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
damn.......... the last time I posted in this thread I had people checking thier pants for lumps.

lol
Not with jokes like that.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88401 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belong to any organized religion. But I follow God and his word. Do you have issues with that?
.\\
=====\\===
\\
=======\\=
\\
That IS a religion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88402 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeewwww!
How do you know it wasn't women?

There have been some pretty sick women over the ages. And it could have been from a bite that involved no sex at all.

And Mary, if you had AIDS, unless you are a miracle of medicine you have AiDS.

St. Croix valley

#88403 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeewwww!
one more example of you talking about things you have no idea of...

where did you get this bestiality idea about aids?

St. Croix valley

#88404 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"When did anyone on this thread ever say God doesn't exist?"
Really? You can read can't you?
Wow talk about denial. Oh never mind you're an atheist that's kind of stupidity is to be expected.
your god is proven myth...as have the other religious cult gods.

there maybe a real god out there, but as yet there is not one shred of evidence for such.

another example of you not understanding what people say...

St. Croix valley

#88405 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it wasn't women?
There have been some pretty sick women over the ages. And it could have been from a bite that involved no sex at all.
And Mary, if you had AIDS, unless you are a miracle of medicine you have AiDS.
most likely it was just from the blood of an infected animal... very popular meat in that area.

most epidemiologists think that is how it got into the human bloodstream...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min I Am No One_ 161,339
News Michael Jackson went to great lengths for stran... 16 min An NFL Fan 3
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 19 min I Am No One_ 745
Bill & Hillary ( Haiti Earthquake ) 33 min Mega Monster 6
News Manure trade show's slogan contest produces pil... 37 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9
Now she's really gone and done it! 40 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7
News College's goat- and sheep-guarding donkey has s... 40 min DILF 1
motorcycle traveling stories 42 min Mega Monster 622
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 59 min Mega Monster 77
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Stupid Bill 18,183
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr DILF 66
More from around the web