Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#88347 Apr 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, your hatred of God apparently stems from your hidden homosexuality which generates enormous guilt that must be dealt with by denying the authority that says its wrong. It spews out of you regularly with phrases like:
Liar for Jesus
Creatard
goddidit with magic
your ignorant
flying spaghetti monster
fundie ,etc,etc
All the while you and your bretheren praise your selves for your intelligence, what a narcisistic bunch.
This thing about God is really misunderstood by creationists. You see people on this side of the isle don't believe there is a God, so we don't hate something that doesn't exist.

You know I have yet to run across a homosexual atheist. I'm sure there are some out there, but they're apparently hiding from me..:-)

The thing about intelligence and bashing creatards comes about because about 90 percent of them come on here and start repeating crap they got from various religious institutes such as AiG and CRI. Always the same crap even though ALL of it has been refuted a thousand times.

I've had to educate most of them.
Know-It-All

Watseka, IL

#88348 Apr 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe if they lie about it enough, it will come true I think.
The gawd answers prayers stuff. Funny thing is it sure seems it hasn't worked so good for Jr. yet, even after 2,000 years of lying about how he came back and is coming back. He is still invisible.
"Faith" is just another word for "deliberate self-delusion".

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#88349 Apr 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh! The Duke of Dude has proclaimed God as evil! the same God that doesn't exist!Ha,Ha,Ha. How dare the Lord God run the universe in a way contrary to the mammoth knowledge, wisdom and will of the Duke of sludge. Strike ole Dude! release thy pus filled venom that your putrid bile's stench my reach the nostrils of the creator. Hold not back, sling thy verbal excrement toward heaven that you may defile the holy one and take your rightful place as the master of the universe, a homosexual Skeletor, to rule in his place and administer true justice as deemed by natural selection and chance.The true judge of right and wrong.
Is this what they call a dissociative fugue state?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Zhengzhou, China

#88350 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
"You appear to be, like most atheists,"

Mike F wrote:
"I have never claimed to be an atheist."

ViaDolorosa, do you see what I mean about your conflating Evolution with atheism?

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

#88351 Apr 29, 2013
Even if the Lady Hope story is true, how does that prove Creationism?
If a person converts from one camp to another, does that prove the superiority of the second camp?
I've heard of people who converted from Creationism to Evolution, and I've heard of people who converted from Evolution to Creationism.

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

#88352 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It_all wrote:
"BTW, didn't early Christian Eusebius push the idea that it was OK to lie like hell in the name of religion?"

I don't know, but Martin Luther once made a statement to that effect.

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

#88353 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
"Doesn't matter if Darwin endorsed eugenics or not. He never practiced it true however the idea of does come from his belief in natural selection. If natural selection was true then speeding it up is also possible.
You can't have eugenics with out
Evolution of the species by natural selection."

Two can play this game as easily as one.
You can't have religious persecution without religion.
So how is religion any less responsible for religious persecution?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88354 Apr 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh! The Duke of Dude has proclaimed God as evil! the same God that doesn't exist!Ha,Ha,Ha. How dare the Lord God run the universe in a way contrary to the mammoth knowledge, wisdom and will of the Duke of sludge. Strike ole Dude! release thy pus filled venom that your putrid bile's stench my reach the nostrils of the creator. Hold not back, sling thy verbal excrement toward heaven that you may defile the holy one and take your rightful place as the master of the universe, a homosexual Skeletor, to rule in his place and administer true justice as deemed by natural selection and chance.The true judge of right and wrong.
So you don't think committing genocide, rape, or murder makes someone evil. Yeah, you're sane.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#88355 Apr 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think committing genocide, rape, or murder makes someone evil. Yeah, you're sane.
It is not what you do it is why you do it. That is why Obama gets a free pass.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88356 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It is not what you do it is why you do it. That is why Obama gets a free pass.
Correction, that's why all the presidents get a free pass for all their stupid.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88357 Apr 30, 2013
Most Darwinists argue that nature and all of our universe is unguided by any purposeful design. We have given examples here on these forums of experiments and methods that explain how patterned systems can be arrranged to show how nature in historical and modern times is observed to work to cycly produce a result. The fact that patterns guide things in nature should give everyone here a clue that Darwin was off the mark and Intelligent Design is spot on. Systems, Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design theory (SCPID) attempts to bring this concept to light.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

#88358 Apr 30, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Most Darwinists argue that nature and all of our universe is unguided by any purposeful design. We have given examples here on these forums of experiments and methods that explain how patterned systems can be arrranged to show how nature in historical and modern times is observed to work to cycly produce a result. The fact that patterns guide things in nature should give everyone here a clue that Darwin was off the mark and Intelligent Design is spot on. Systems, Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design theory (SCPID) attempts to bring this concept to light.
There are no patterns or cycles in the big.. I mean really big picture. Everything is random chaos.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/storie...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Spirals do not count as a pattern.. wait , what?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88359 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There are no patterns or cycles in the big.. I mean really big picture. Everything is random chaos.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/storie...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Spirals do not count as a pattern.. wait , what?
Patterns throughout the cosmos are a motif to beauty and it doesn't matter what we think we see or don't see, but the fact is, purposeful design is what it is. We have historical accounts in the scriptures of our Creator showing PATTERNS...

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

#88360 Apr 30, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Patterns throughout the cosmos are a motif to beauty and it doesn't matter what we think we see or don't see, but the fact is, purposeful design is what it is. We have historical accounts in the scriptures of our Creator showing PATTERNS...
The only patterns are the ones that you percieve they do not actually exist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88361 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
Ahh! The Duke of Dude has proclaimed God as evil!
Ah, I see the point (as usual) goes way over your head. Lemme try and clear things up a little for your tiny creationist brain:

The Bible is wrong. Period. Always has been, always will be, and this has been known for centuries.

The character invented for the stories of the OT is a twisted evil f ck, very much like many other primitive god ideas of the time. This character is still worshipped by creationists today and the 21st century, and the call all its evil acts "good". Hence while some creationists are gullible enough to buy the rose-tinted version as preached in many churches because they don't know any better, there are others who are quite aware of their god's grumpiness and base their life on it. This leaves them with a moral conduct which is quite twisted to say the least.
bohart wrote:
the same God that doesn't exist!
There may or may not be an intelligent creator of the universe. Your problem however is that it's not scientifically verifiable. Therefore it is equally likely that the FSM exists, or Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog or we could all be living in the Matrix.
bohart wrote:
Ha,Ha,Ha. How dare the Lord God run the universe in a way contrary to the mammoth knowledge, wisdom and will of the Duke of sludge.
IF such a thing exists it could run the universe(s) in any way it sees fit. Despite this you fundies keep insisting it does what YOU say it should. I don't. I merely describe reality. Therefore God used evolution, or God is a liar. Or it doesn't exist. I'm cool with all three.
bohart wrote:
Strike ole Dude! release thy pus filled venom that your putrid bile's stench my reach the nostrils of the creator. Hold not back, sling thy verbal excrement toward heaven that you may defile the holy one and take your rightful place as the master of the universe
Again it's not "God" I have a problem with. It's fundies who insist their baseless opinions be pushed onto other people's kids and ruining public school education in the process.
bohart wrote:
a homosexual Skeletor, to rule in his place and administer true justice as deemed by natural selection and chance.The true judge of right and wrong.
Look, I know you want d ck. I'm not interested. But I'm not gonna stop you from going out and getting some. Just accept your gay obsession and go for it. Don't let the other fundies grind you down and stop you from taking part in gay pride parade.
bohart

Newport, TN

#88363 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....

unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88364 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
ALL morality is made up. It's all arbitrary. So if their morality is BS then so is yours.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88365 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn;t saying that at all. just that we are unlikely to see speciation events (i.e. totally new species) in large complex mammals like man, tigers, etc. in that short a timespan.
Speciation in 6000 years has been seen in other, much smaller creatures, as well as in bacteria.
<quoted text>
That's a good question for your JESUS, isn't it -- Why have 99% of all the species that have ever lived on earth already gone extinct?
Well that explains it. Well at least after the second coming, I will be able to see if there is evolution, on the other hand 6000 years from now you people will not exist. We win.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88366 Apr 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see the point (as usual) goes way over your head. Lemme try and clear things up a little for your tiny creationist brain:
The Bible is wrong. Period. Always has been, always will be, and this has been known for centuries.
The character invented for the stories of the OT is a twisted evil f ck, very much like many other primitive god ideas of the time. This character is still worshipped by creationists today and the 21st century, and the call all its evil acts "good". Hence while some creationists are gullible enough to buy the rose-tinted version as preached in many churches because they don't know any better, there are others who are quite aware of their god's grumpiness and base their life on it. This leaves them with a moral conduct which is quite twisted to say the least.
<quoted text>
There may or may not be an intelligent creator of the universe. Your problem however is that it's not scientifically verifiable. Therefore it is equally likely that the FSM exists, or Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog or we could all be living in the Matrix.
<quoted text>
IF such a thing exists it could run the universe(s) in any way it sees fit. Despite this you fundies keep insisting it does what YOU say it should. I don't. I merely describe reality. Therefore God used evolution, or God is a liar. Or it doesn't exist. I'm cool with all three.
<quoted text>
Again it's not "God" I have a problem with. It's fundies who insist their baseless opinions be pushed onto other people's kids and ruining public school education in the process.
<quoted text>
Look, I know you want d ck. I'm not interested. But I'm not gonna stop you from going out and getting some. Just accept your gay obsession and go for it. Don't let the other fundies grind you down and stop you from taking part in gay pride parade.
I guess you could have used a lot less words and just said you don't know what your are talking about and surly can't prove such a stupid opinion.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88367 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you could have used a lot less words and just said you don't know what your are talking about and surly can't prove such a stupid opinion.
How dare you BLASPHEME against the FSM! You are surly going to boil in the Marinara Sauce of Hell. FSM boiled for your sins!! May all be blessed by his/her noodley appendage!! rAmen!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 149,644
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 min tyan 26,365
"Poetry in Motion" (Sep '13) 36 min wichita-rick 136
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 1 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 956
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 22,553
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,756
True or False Game 1 hr Princess Hey 637
Reports: Google fined $2,000 for catching woman... 5 hr Fundiementally ill 3
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 8 hr DILF 195

Weird People Search