Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168613 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88373 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So murder is ok in some cases?
In the mind of the murderer obviously YES. Probably not in your mind or mine.

Morality is RELATIVE. Another way to say it is "It depends completely on the mind that is thinking those moral thoughts."

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#88374 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
In the mind of the murderer obviously YES. Probably not in your mind or mine.
Morality is RELATIVE. Another way to say it is "It depends completely on the mind that is thinking those moral thoughts."
Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#88375 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>As far as you can tell...
My powers of perception are immense.

Cotton candy is my secret.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88376 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.
No, war is justified murder. State execution is justified murder.

Do you think that the people hit by drone strikes do not think of their attackers as muderers?

War is justified murder, if your side wins all is forgiven. If your side loses there may be a big price to pay.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88377 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.
Nonsense. You project your own Christian BS on other people and assume they must look at it like you do.

The world is full of murderers (by our standards) and even NATIONS that murder as a matter of policy. Obviously not every9one thinks murder is wrong.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88378 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, even your Bible says so. And I agree with it on this point.
Sometimes nations need to go to war against other nations. Sometimes the death penalty is a good thing, though it looks like we may finally not need it any more.
Nice spin. You will have to show me where it states that in the Bible. It does however state just the opposite. Thou Shall Not Do Murder.

Level 2

Location hidden

#88379 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You project your own Christian BS on other people and assume they must look at it like you do.
The world is full of murderers (by our standards) and even NATIONS that murder as a matter of policy. Obviously not every9one thinks murder is wrong.
There is no need to get upset and have a tantrum, we are not trying to force you to believe anything, however you are trying to instill in us not to believe. Funny little poster.

Level 2

Location hidden

#88380 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Don't bother answering, it was rhetorical. I already know under what circumstances you find it acceptable.
They have to be young and defenseless, but the death penalty for murderers in prison is cruel and unusual punishment.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88381 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>There is no need to get upset and have a tantrum, we are not trying to force you to believe anything, however you are trying to instill in us not to believe. Funny little poster.
No one is having a tantrum or even "upset."

You aren't smart enough to evoke that kind of reaction in any of us. LOL

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88382 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Nice spin. You will have to show me where it states that in the Bible. It does however state just the opposite. Thou Shall Not Do Murder.
And yet the Old Testament condones murder thousands of times over.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88383 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be young and defenseless, but the death penalty for murderers in prison is cruel and unusual punishment.
Cruel? That is debatable. Unusual? Hardly. It used to be extremely common. It is even called for in the Bible.

Personally I am not in favor of it because if you execute the wrong person there is no taking it back. But if there was a way of being one hundred percent sure that a person did kill someone else, coldly and cruelly I would not be opposed to it at all.
bohart

Newport, TN

#88384 Apr 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL morality is made up. It's all arbitrary. So if their morality is BS then so is yours.
Then don't be like KK and whine about evil because there isn't any, there's only needs and wants. One mans evil is anothers good fortune.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88385 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
It is far better to follow one's own morals than to follow those handed to them by another human. You are correct, I did choose my own morals, but you are so lazy you follow some morals another human decided on instead of actually thinking about things yourself. Lazy bum.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88386 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't be like KK and whine about evil because there isn't any, there's only needs and wants. One mans evil is anothers good fortune.
"Evil" is also subjective.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#88387 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
The Incans thought it was right, and blessed, to kill and eat any strangers for most of their history, to them, it was not wrong.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#88388 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
That's about as wrong as you can be.
Rape resulting in a pregnancy that results in a child .....
Is criminal genes being passed on. Not necessarily stronger better or anything other than genes passed due to a criminal act.

Genocide is murder another criminal act, natural selection encompasses far more reasons than a criminal act that forces it's selection, which BTW is FORCED SELECTION. Or an unnatural selection.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88390 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I know, but the free clinic can treat you for it, if you are lucky. Remember; herpes is forever.
Eeewwww!

I just hope I don't catch AIDS again!!

Thanks to the men who committed beastieality and brought this blight on mankind.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88393 Apr 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know? since you openly lie without regret, and do so repeatedly so you have no thought to stop this action, you certainly don't fall into that christian category you claim.

in fact, didn't you claim to not follow any religion? another lie? a lie about your own faith?

is anything you say true at all? even one thing?
I don't belong to any organized religion. But I follow God and his word. Do you have issues with that?

.\\
=====\\===
\\
=======\\=
\\
Mary Magdalena

United States

#88394 Apr 30, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wrote:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I'm scared!

KJV wrote:
"I don't believe you. You're far too arrogant to believe you could be wrong."

You're not supposed to believe me.
I was being sarcastic.

>>>Pride one of the seven deadly sins.

You must be Catholic.
As I recall, the Bible doesn't talk about the seven deadly sins.
Seven deadly sins. Ever hear of Hollywood?

It was a pretty good movie.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88395 Apr 30, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know that if an atheist disagrees with something they think it's officially debunked. LOL
They also believe in the Big Three.
(Myths: Big Bang, the goo pool life starter, evolution of goo to space explores)
no, when they show you verifiable facts that you cannot counter, it is debunked, as has happened with all your silly bible stories and religious cult myths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words that are Masculine 3 min andet1987 186
Carly Fiorina 7 min greymouser 3
What Can Be Checked? 12 min Brandiiiiiiii 41
Answer a question with a question 13 min Cyan in CA 224
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 14 min ritedownthemiddle 4,784
News Man Survives Passing Out With Head In Museum Noose (Sep '10) 16 min greymouser 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min wichita-rick 165,157
News Heads Roll After Pilots Let Playmate Fly a Plane 1 hr andet1987 8
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 1 hr Fundie Concernd B... 11
News Fight over gumbo spices leads to fatal stabbing... 2 hr snow 41
More from around the web