Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222265 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88313 Apr 29, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying the last 6000 years there has been no evolution.

Actually I said the complete opposite.

[QUOTE who="My Portal"]Funny how thing become extinct..........instead of evolve.
Actually both happens.

Though if we go with your scenario, funny how God keeps magically poofing new species in and out of existence constantly over Earth's biological history in a manner that just so happens to make it LOOK like evolution occurred. And even funnier when you consider the fact the Bible said ALL life just magically poofed near the beginning and that's it. Which is totally at odds with the fossil record. Oh well.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88314 Apr 29, 2013
Just to make it clear:
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying the last 6000 years there has been no evolution.
No I didn't. I said the complete opposite.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88315 Apr 29, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>That would be true if gravity only worked sometimes.
Oh good. In which case then you should have no problem in explaining the mechanism of intelligence behind "Intelligent Falling theory". Forget Newton, Einstein, Heisenberg, now we got Oscar and IFT! YAY!!!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88316 Apr 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You've caught syphillis from your monkey, and it's infected your already dubious thought processes, which explains why you think with your ass.
I notice that you are only able to respond with ad-hom instead of a reasoned rational response. If you're just gonna insult people at least work on that and make it real good abuse.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#88317 Apr 29, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying the last 6000 years there has been no evolution. Funny how thing become extinct..........instead of evolve.
Evolution is defined by the change in species, while the parent species does not have to die out to make the distinction that evolution has occurred, it is usually the case. Where it isn't it becomes known as an Lazarus taxon.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88319 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude you're lying again.
I leave lying to creationists. That's your JOB.
KJV wrote:
She said while Hitler burnt the books on evolution with one hand he practiced it with his other hand.
Actually she said this:
Mary Magdalena wrote:
So what you're saying is you believe everything Hitler said as apposed to what he did.
Here I'll put a coin in my right hand now you stare at my left hand and I'll make the coin disappear.
KJV wrote:
I didn't see anywhere that she claim he hid the books.
Magicians performing a disappearing coin trick to con their audience do so to make us think it has magically poofed elsewhere or out of existence. He then keeps the coin so he can spend it later. Hence why her post heavily implies he did not burn the books despite the evidence he did. She claimed Hitler lied about doing God's work despite the fact Hitler specifically stated otherwise numerous times in print and in speeches. Not forgetting also the phrase 'Gott Mitt Uns'(God is with us) embossed on Nazi belt-buckles. So even though Hitler was in charge and didn't NEED to lie she claims (baselessly) he did anyway. If so then we can also claim Stalin lied when he said he was an atheist, a man also in a similar position as Hitler, lots of power and little need to lie about his motives. So it is VERY possible that Hitler was being exceedingly honest and her beef with his claims of Christianity is simply because she disagrees over what a "True Christian" is. But then her claims of Christianity are no more valid that Hitler's, because neither person holds more theological authority than the other. And to top that off I can also point out that creationists have a nasty habit of flagrantly violating the 9th Commandment, which would appear to be somewhat unChristian. Of course my theological authority is no better either, so while I can't claim who really is a "True" Christian and who is not, I CAN point out that creationists are massively big huge hypocrites.(shrug)

Back to the subject of Hitler's (alleged) use of evolution it has been pointed out already that even IF he was motivated by evolution (and IMHO to a limited extent I believe he was) we have already pointed out that he was doing it wrong. Because he, like you, do not understand the concept. And still too, just because someone accepts (or says they accept) scientific theories does not make those theories "evil" if that person happened to be evil. Hitler also believed in gravity, making GREAT use of it via artillery and bombs, but his opinions or acceptance of it did not invalidate Newton - it would be an absurd argument to make, but it is EXACTLY the same one you fundies use against evolution. Ad hom, because you are simply incapable of dealing with reality.
KJV wrote:
Please point it out if I'm wrong.
People have been pointing out your fallacies for years but it doesn't matter. You couldn't give a fig about science or reality, your only interest is promoting political power for your ancient superstitious cult. Because you are a theocrat who hates freedom and hates America. That is why you fight education and democracy like there's no tomorrow. Because you're REALLY stupid enough to thing Jesus is gonna come back from the dead any day now.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88320 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to mix your believe on what a witch is in today's TV programs with the witch that is referred to in the Bible. Nice try
If you're going to quote the bible as you did on stoning witches then YOU need to understand exactly what the Bible means when it's talking about witches 3 or 4 thousands years ago. Those witches killed the own children by burning them to death. Yes those needed to be killed for their crimes.
I DO understand exactly what it means. Remember that the Bible is not ONLY referring to the sacrifice of children specifically, but also OTHER acts too - divination, sorcery, omen interpreting and witchcraft. Even if they have not sacrificed any children but engaged in any of those other acts they should also be put to death.

God outlawed magic. Well, for everyone except himself that is. Should anyone who interprets omens be put to death? Should anyone who engages in sorcery be put to death?

Deuteronomy also calls for the stoning of disobedient sons. Should we do what the Bible says?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88321 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"How can I like something which does not exist"
Is it your claim that witches and witchcraft do not exist?
It is my claim that there are people who may claim to be witches and may even perform witchcraft, however I can pretty much guarantee you that no matter how many hexes or curses such people may throw in your direction there is virtually no chance that you will be magically turned into a newt.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88322 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter if Darwin endorsed eugenics or not. He never practiced it true however the idea of does come from his belief in natural selection. If natural selection was true then speeding it up is also possible.
You can't have eugenics with out
Evolution of the species by natural selection.
And since eugenics WORKS...

woof woof.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88323 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect and lying every time you say we have no evidence of there being a God. We do have evidence of God being real.
She claimed otherwise. Oh well.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88324 Apr 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So can you tell the difference between TV witches and the witches that practice in the occult?
Yeah. The magic the TV witches use actually work.(shrug)

Seriously, I saw Willow turn Amy into a rat. Twice.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88325 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Mankind is evil by nature - only by the Grace of God are we forgiven and saved.
Hitler - like most other lovers of self - are so puffed up with pride that they end up cutting their nose off to spite their face.
Plastic surgery may help you.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88326 Apr 29, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have been to several which apparently none of you have, other than a web tour. By the way, the youngest isotope dated rocks in the G canyon are down there, the oldest are overhanging the rim using your infallible dating methods,(they are backwards). I have a sample of a Great Unconformity contact in my briefcase, along with some Jerusalem stone. Being in the presence of the G.U is a fearful thing, granite mountain ranges eroded and sheared off flat, thousands of feet of sedimentary overburden full dead things above it,in NO geologic column order, just missing layers.(I will say more about the pre-cam sedimentaries there later,- the Adam Rocks).
The J. Stone I got from one of the stones from the Temple. The block was thrown off the Temple Mount by the Romans in AD 70, you know, the place where Jesus said "not one stone would be left upon another" - and no one would believe Him then either, but the Rocks Don' Lie!
Course can you sit by and blindly accept what the skeptics say about these things and be content, deceived, but content.. This is like a conversation with a hair dresser that thinks she is an astronaut, after reading a flight manual, lack of knowledge is screaming to me, I read nothing but dogma from you folks, pick another subject.
Yes, lack of knowledge is screaming to you because of your lack of knowledge.(shrug) The only stuff in your posts that's NOT filled with bog-standard pseudo-scientific YEC apologetics and flat out lying consists of unverifiable personal anecdotes. So not surprisingly you're not taken very seriously.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88327 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Seems that non believers are so full of anger - and just pure meanness. That is a sad way to live, guys.
I do know that sin can make you angry though - because inside you really hate your life and self - and the anger stems from that.
I wouldn't want to live that way - just sayin'.
You DO live that way. That's why you spout bigotry from a non-existent high-horse of self-involved self-righteousness.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88328 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before - a person can "claim" to be a Christian all they want - but murdering a baby like that - is against God's Word. Therefore, they are not a true Christian.
Might be against "His word" but it certainly wasn't against his actions. He's killed more than anyone else. It says so in the Bible.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88329 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't evil - it is us/mankind that is evil - but He will, does and will again - bring His wrath against those who go against Him. Since it's His house, it's His house rules.:)
Since your god's alleged actions have been more heinous than all human tyrants put together then that means your god is evil or them not evil. But hey, god can do whatever he wants because it's his rules.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88330 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
And on the contrary - satan is extremely clever. He's got millions and millions, probably billions? wrapped around his lit'l finger.
He has society today so confused - and once he gets people confused, half of his battle is won.
Yup, he's got you wrapped around his little finger. Without the all the Christian churches he subverted you would have no knowledge of god.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88331 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
God has already dealt with satan - and sentenced him. But He is allowing him to test us to see who is going to follow him -and who is going to follow Him/God.
No need. God already knows. Told ya he was a sick mofo.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#88332 Apr 29, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, Woodtick - I don't belong to any "cult" nor do I belong to any secular church. I don't follow any "man" - only God.
No you don't. You just think you do. Satan has deceived you.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#88333 Apr 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that you are only able to respond with ad-hom instead of a reasoned rational response. If you're just gonna insult people at least work on that and make it real good abuse.
Alright, your hatred of God apparently stems from your hidden homosexuality which generates enormous guilt that must be dealt with by denying the authority that says its wrong. It spews out of you regularly with phrases like:

Liar for Jesus
Creatard
goddidit with magic
your ignorant
flying spaghetti monster
fundie ,etc,etc

All the while you and your bretheren praise your selves for your intelligence, what a narcisistic bunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 2 min Bovenzi13 6,855
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 4 min Bovenzi13 17,328
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min Bovenzi13 11,036
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 39 min Alyssa76 13,639
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 46 min Alyssa76 7,218
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 52 min Alyssa76 5,480
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min wichita-rick 222,162
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Bovenzi13 5,496
True False Game (Jun '11) 2 hr Bovenzi13 15,338
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 3 hr Crazy Jae 1,290