Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88131 Apr 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
He is. He has apparently already convinced you to ignore all of the evidence in the universe left for us to discover in favor of lining Rev Billy Bob's pockets. One tricky dude, he is.
Again- I continue to hear the word "evidence" from all of you guys - but so far, no one has provided any.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#88132 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your god is evil."
Because he will judge everyone?
no, because he is made up of the worst parts of humanity...
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88133 Apr 28, 2013
Just because a person doesn't understand a supreme God - doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

Just as I can't "understand" the concept of a gabazillion dollars in my hand. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Nope - it just means "I" can't grasp the enormity of it.

God isn't complicated - and His rules for us are very simple. We either obey them - or we don't - that is each of our own choice to make.
However - as when we were children, and our parents set out rules for us, we understood that if those rules were broken, there would be consequences to our choices.
What is so hard to understand that about God - our Heavenly Father.
Would you raise your kids with no rules or boundries - just turn 'em loose and tell them to do what feels good?
Of course not.
So why do you guys expect God to do that.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88134 Apr 28, 2013
Evolution has not one iota of evidence - none, zilch, nadda.

It would take more faith to believe in evolution than God - if you guys would just stop and think about it.

Minnesota's North Coast

#88135 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
It would take more faith to believe in evolution than God - if you guys would just stop and think about it.
in fact, most people have thought about it and the facts are in...tons of them.

studies show people learn best when they read it for themselves...

http://lmgtfy.com/...

Minnesota's North Coast

#88136 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Just because a person doesn't understand a supreme God - doesn't mean He doesn't exist.
Just as I can't "understand" the concept of a gabazillion dollars in my hand. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Nope - it just means "I" can't grasp the enormity of it.
God isn't complicated - and His rules for us are very simple. We either obey them - or we don't - that is each of our own choice to make.
However - as when we were children, and our parents set out rules for us, we understood that if those rules were broken, there would be consequences to our choices.
Would you raise your kids with no rules or boundries - just turn 'em loose and tell them to do what feels good?
Of course not.
yet the god of your cult is explained to you, and that explanation is what shows he is a myth.

would you raise your kids to think slavery is OK? your mythical god did...according to your cult.

your cult lied to you....again....

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88138 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
You really mean, god makes sense..if you stop thinking about it.
KJV

United States

#88139 Apr 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>It's always funny when you people claim it's the "end of days," yet, ironically, all of the "signs" of this time are ... not happening. Tell us, what "signs" are actually coming true without the force of christian believers acting on them?
The Bible gives many clues of the end times. The Bible also warns that like peaks of a distance mountain range the signs of the end time may seem close together while in fact there are great distances between the peaks.

One signs is Israel will become a nation again. That happened in 1948.

For the second coming to happen Israel must be at peace with all of its neighbors.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88140 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, most people have thought about it and the facts are in...tons of them.
studies show people learn best when they read it for themselves...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
lol cute webpage entry -

However - all of these links appear to be simply baseless "theories" from secular men who are attempting to explain away God.

The Bible, on the other hand, is a time tested historical account of mankind's history throughout the centuries - BC and AD.
It's also worth noting that the Bible has yet to be wrong regarding prophetic events written in those pages. Do you realize just how many prophecies have already been fulfilled? So many it goes beyond mere coincidence - and He's not done fulfilling them either.

Actually? You guys are mentioned in prophecy - it talks all through the Bible about non believers - and how they will be running to and fro in the end days with their unbeliefs and mocking of Him and His Word. And, it talks, in pretty clear detail, about how God will destroy them at the end.

You guys visit Vegas much? Because it would appear you are high risk gamblers.
KJV

United States

#88141 Apr 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Typical snake oil sales pitch, you cannot live without this magical elixir, so buy it before it's too late.
Some what right. Your name will not be recorded in the book of life with out Jesus. Nice comparison this should work well for all you Dolts.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88142 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Again- I continue to hear the word "evidence" from all of you guys - but so far, no one has provided any.
Sticking your fingers in your ears makes it a bit difficult. Consider taking a few science classes at your local community college then back to me.
KJV

United States

#88143 Apr 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you like using the no true Scotsman fallacy. You are way too easy to bring your ignorance to light, way too easy. Are you new to the internet?
Not by you. Your to stupid to find the light switch.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88144 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Of course not.
Right! If the kids misbehave, stone them! The bible says so.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88145 Apr 28, 2013
Job stated (28:26): "God made decrees [rules] for the rain. And He set a way for the lightning of the thunder:" Centuries later, scientists began to discern the "rules for the rain" that Job talked about. Rainfall is part of a process called the water cycle. Hereís how the cycle works. The sun evaporates water from the ocean. That water vapor rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, collects in streams and rivers and makes its way back to the ocean. That process repeats itself again and again.

About 300 years ago, Galileo discovered this cycle. But amazingly the Scriptures described this cycle centuries before. The prophet Amos (9:6) wrote that God "calls for the water of the sea. He pours them out on the land." How did Amos know this? He wrote as he was moved by the Spirit of God.
If you want to read more about science in the Bible... you can do so at this link:
http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....
KJV

United States

#88146 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You don't really know God's standards. According to the Bible even Hitler could be in heaven. He never denied God. He always claimed to be a Catholic, which last time I heard was still a sect of Christianity. All he had to do was sincerely repent sometime before he died. Do you think he might have regretted his actions just a little bit while hiding in that bunker?

You might not like it, but Hitler was one of yours. He was never an atheist.
" He was never an atheist"

Really?

I thought everyone was born an atheist.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88147 Apr 28, 2013
Science actually proves the Bible's (and God's) validity. From the same link as above:
Some write off the history of Job as Old Testament folklore. Whoever heard of God talking to a man! These are hand-me-down tales! However, the account of Job cannot be gainsaid. Whatever the method of communication used by God, the astonishing facts cannot be refuted. These scientific facts recorded in the book of Job concerning the Pleiades, Orion and Arcturus anticipated scientific discovery by nearly 3,000 years. Scientists only discovered these startling facts in the Twentieth Century, yet they were recorded in the book of Job nearly 3000 years ago. What an awesome confirmation of the Bible! Who can doubt the Bible is the inspired word of God? Yes, the book of Job has a powerful, exclusive lesson for modern man. Twentieth Century science has proven Godís Word, the Bible, is true.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88148 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
I have. Many times. For many years. Starting with my time in the choir and as an alter boy.

We obviously have different ideas of 'thinking'.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88149 Apr 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! If the kids misbehave, stone them! The bible says so.
And there ya go, Mike - there IS evolution - within God's creation(s).
Society has "evolved" from such harsh punishment into holding the accused accountable in courts and police stations across the world.

:)

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88150 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible gives many clues of the end times. The Bible also warns that like peaks of a distance mountain range the signs of the end time may seem close together while in fact there are great distances between the peaks.
One signs is Israel will become a nation again. That happened in 1948.
Largely a collective guilt of the Holocaust. Great plan there god!
KJV wrote:
For the second coming to happen Israel must be at peace with all of its neighbors.
Then we have plenty of time.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88151 Apr 28, 2013
A personal note to "KJV" - please don't name call these guys in your comments and responses. All that does is to create strife among the forum. All of us here, regardless of opinions and views, deserve respect, at least.

:)
Just a friendly reminder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 3 min DILF 31,542
News Councils creating 'bizarre new criminal offences' 3 min Abrahamanic Relig... 2
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Jennifer Renee 10,254
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min DILF 28,162
News Driver Who Hit Ferguson Protester Charged In Mi... 4 min Nordski 3
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min DILF 26,964
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 6 min DILF 25,690
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 11 min Sublime1 194
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Alias-Trish-MOI -... 159,886
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min Emerald 39,989
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 54 min Hitesrunprincess 46,447
More from around the web