Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,164)

Showing posts 83,261 - 83,280 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

KJV.....still waiting on that proof you said there was that your God is real.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>While I think on't, who believes in the Antichrist? Apart from Christians, I mean?
Well if it was devil worshipers they would have made her a princess, so.......

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
Found it elsewhere - the cult burned the child because they thought she was the Antichrist...
Religitards. Hi Mac :-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well if it was devil worshipers they would have made her a princess, so.......
Technically, Satanists are Christian, too...
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have heard the doctor who was at the head of that abortion clinic is a murderer. He did go to far. Yet there is nothing in the Bible against abortion and the one time it is mentioned the penalty for it was a fine. A fine in the time of an eye for an eye. Having sex out of marriage was a death penalty offense but an assault that caused a women to abort was punishable by a fine. It sure seems that the god of the Old Testament was not anti-abortion.
The Bible doesn't come out and use the word abortion - or even describe the procedure - but it does touch on the subject of children - and babies.
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.- Jeremiah 1:5
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.- Matthew 18:6
And then the "Thou shalt not murder" sums it up -
....... And then the "eye for an eye" part is always taken out of context by people. The exact verse says:
"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
So no, we aren't supposed to live "an eye for an eye" - but just the opposite.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Religitards. Hi Mac :-)
Hiya, Ash.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you guys get to decide who is Christian or not??
Nope - God knows all of our hearts. But He does tell us to "test the spirit" to determine if they are of God or not.

And there are millions of "Christians" who are Christians in name only. Sort of like the RINO - Republican in Name Only.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, people are lucky every day. Many more aren't. The ones that aren't make very short news stories and are quickly forgotten.
This is not even confirmation bias, it is much worse on your part. You looked for someone who was lucky and are implying that you god decided to save him. If you want to believe that then to be fair you have to believe the converse and that everybody, good or bad that died in an accident were killed by your god. You can't have it both ways.
Why is your god so evil so much of the time?
God isn't evil - it is us/mankind that is evil - but He will, does and will again - bring His wrath against those who go against Him. Since it's His house, it's His house rules.:)
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. That is the no true Scotsmen fallacy.
You are simply denying that people you don't like are Christians. You have to go by what they claim to be. Which is why Hitler was a Christian. He always claimed to be one.
It has nothing to do with who "I" like or don't like. It has to do with if the person follows God and His Word. If he does, he's a true Christian.

If he doesn't, then he is not.

I judge (yes, "judge") by God's standards - not my likes or dislikes.

i.e. The Bible tells us to judge 'righteously" - that is another part of the Bible that is used out of context continually - the notion that we aren't supposed to judge. The Bible says that His people (Christians) will judge the angels in Heaven.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- How many Christians are there?
Dunno how many they are - or have been - or will be. But I do know that the Bible says that there will be more of us going to hell than to Heaven. It says that the path to hell is wide - but the gate to Heaven is narrow and to choose the narrow gate.

Not all "Christians" will be going to Heaven - the Bible tells us that even satan believes in Jesus - and trembles at His Word. So it's not enough for people to "just" believe in God - they have to, as they Bible says, pick up the cross and follow Him.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you were brainwashed by the preachers so well that you cannot even face the possibility of your delusion being detrimental to you and those around you.
No - what is detrimental is going to be the end days, like we are now in - and Jesus returning and millions and millions and millions of non believers, and self professed Christians (in name only) who are going to be devastated to learn they are out of time.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>While I think on't, who believes in the Antichrist? Apart from Christians, I mean?
catholics, mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.

I think the islamic "religion" also believes in an antichrist? I think - not sure.
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, they weren't murdering a child. They were killing a demon. Ask them. I can assure you that is what they believed they were doing.
Why do you think that God fearing Christians would kill a baby?
Satan. He is the reason behind all of the confusion and evil in the world - just as he has always been.

Like the parents who withhold doctors care from their children - for their "religion".
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Careful Though - It Can Become An Obsession...

http://sacrilegioussunday.com/wp-content/uplo...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno how many they are - or have been - or will be. But I do know that the Bible says that there will be more of us going to hell than to Heaven. It says that the path to hell is wide - but the gate to Heaven is narrow and to choose the narrow gate.
Not all "Christians" will be going to Heaven - the Bible tells us that even satan believes in Jesus - and trembles at His Word. So it's not enough for people to "just" believe in God - they have to, as they Bible says, pick up the cross and follow Him.
So, Satan is dumber than a equivalent mass of falling masonry - seems he hasn't read the end of the book.

And that's the Great Adversary?

Doesn't say much about the wit of your deity, does it?

Sherlock Holmes had Moriarty - you've got Howdy Doody.

Oh, how many Christians in the world today?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't evil - it is us/mankind that is evil - but He will, does and will again - bring His wrath against those who go against Him. Since it's His house, it's His house rules.:)
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah.(emphasis mine, for the underliterate.)
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Satan is dumber than a equivalent mass of falling masonry - seems he hasn't read the end of the book.
And that's the Great Adversary?
Doesn't say much about the wit of your deity, does it?
Sherlock Holmes had Moriarty - you've got Howdy Doody.
Oh, how many Christians in the world today?
God has already dealt with satan - and sentenced him. But He is allowing him to test us to see who is going to follow him -and who is going to follow Him/God.
How many Christians are in the world? I have no idea - I never counted them.:)
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

And on the contrary - satan is extremely clever. He's got millions and millions, probably billions? wrapped around his lit'l finger.

He has society today so confused - and once he gets people confused, half of his battle is won.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
catholics, mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.
I think the islamic "religion" also believes in an antichrist? I think - not sure.
Aaand you don't see the commonality?

Really?
ViaDolorosa

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah.(emphasis mine, for the underliterate.)
That isn't to say He is an "evil" God - but He can create "evil" if and when He so chooses. i.e to deal with evil on this earth - and also, He uses mankind's evil to His good and glory.

And - His ways are not our ways - lest we should brag.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,261 - 83,280 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

150 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 140,497
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min curiouslu 53,747
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Princess Hey 5,530
nascar.... 6 min Spirit67_ 221
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min Princess Hey 8,821
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 7 min xxxooxxx 18,615
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 8 min Spirit67_ 1,570
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 32 min Spirit67_ 14,127
•••