Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88090 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, Woodtick - I don't belong to any "cult" nor do I belong to any secular church. I don't follow any "man" - only God.
As I said, God isn't a 'religion'.
Actually you are even more "culty" than other Christians. A cult of one. God isn't a religion, but believing in a specific god is.

On the other hand atheism is not a religion.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88091 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you spew the bible out word for word.
yes, all the ideas you have about your mythical god you got from a religious cult. you are a cult member. a cult that is proven to be based on lies. a god that has been to proven to be a myth.
With all due respect, Woodtick, satan has you right where he wants you.

God has not been proven to be a myth. However, atheists, evolutionists and other non believers, have proven that they don't like authority or anyone telling them what they can and can't do in *their* lives.
Seems to me it's more a case of not liking authority and accountability.
You gotta honestly ask yourself -- what would believing in God, and His Bible, change in your life.
What is it that you want to do that you feel God frowns upon.

Character? Morals? Ethics? Fun? Sin?
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88092 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are either lying or uninformed. Evolution has been observed in several different ways. It has been observed in the laboratory, it has been observed in the field, it has been observed in the fossil record, it has been observed in our genes themselves.
So are you ignorant or are you just a liar?
You said there was "more than enough evidence" - I'm asking you for evidence. Any form of evidence - just evidence - as you claim there is "more than enough" of.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88093 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are even more "culty" than other Christians. A cult of one. God isn't a religion, but believing in a specific god is.
See, Sz, unlike you - and others like you - I don't have to resort to name calling and being so hateful to you in order to hold a decent and civil conversation.

Why do you feel the need to name call - isn't that what a child does when he isn't getting his way?

Just askin'.......
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88094 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire idea of "atheism" is a given response to secular 'religion'- when someone asks you what religion you are, you probably say 'atheist'. You define your non belief in God by using the term "atheist" - which would imply that you label yourself under the umbrella of a "group" of like minded people.

Religion - cult - group ...... same thing. Yet, you then accuse Christians of being a cult. Go figure.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88095 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide me with evidence that evolution is behind the creation of our planet and humans?
Aah, you are ignorant. The formation of our planet is not a subject of evolution. That would be better studied under cosmology, but yes there is evidence of that.

And I could definitely show you evidence of evolution. of man, and of other animals.

So what do you believe and why? How old do you think the Earth is? Do you believe in Adam and Eve, in Noah's flood? Scientists knew that Noah's Flood did not happen at least 50 years before Darwin came around.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88096 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
You said there was "more than enough evidence" - I'm asking you for evidence. Any form of evidence - just evidence - as you claim there is "more than enough" of.
First you have to admit that you are ignorant. And what sort of evidence do you want?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88097 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Sz, unlike you - and others like you - I don't have to resort to name calling and being so hateful to you in order to hold a decent and civil conversation.
Why do you feel the need to name call - isn't that what a child does when he isn't getting his way?
Just askin'.......
How have I name called? Name calling is putting an inappropriate label on someone. Calling a liar a liar is not name calling. Telling someone who is ignorant that he is ignorant is not name calling.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88098 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, Woodtick, satan has you right where he wants you.
God has not been proven to be a myth. However, atheists, evolutionists and other non believers, have proven that they don't like authority or anyone telling them what they can and can't do in *their* lives.
Seems to me it's more a case of not liking authority and accountability.
You gotta honestly ask yourself -- what would believing in God, and His Bible, change in your life.
What is it that you want to do that you feel God frowns upon.
Character? Morals? Ethics? Fun? Sin?
in fact, the god of the bible is a proven myth. that god just didn't happen. nor did this 'satan' that you think actually exists...

living a life of reason and rationale would change if i followed your cult. the morals of the god of your cult are not ones I would ever follow. i would prefer to be a decent human being.
KJV

United States

#88099 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>They may also worship to the same myths you have, but they are not real for them either.

no magic ever. no god of the bible, no satan...just myths. proven myths.
"no magic ever. no god of the bible, no satan."

Just where are your facts?
Why do you hide your proof?

LOL

Tell a lie laud enough and often enough and people will believe it.(Hitler)

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88100 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa, I get very impatient with creationists. Very few of them have been honest. Most are willing to "lie for Jesus". It is a strange sickness that they have where even admitting that the other side has a valid point that keeps them ignorant.

When a creationist denies evidence or performs other low acts then they are no longer mere creationists, they are creatards. Lying for Jesus cracks me up since it is against the Ten Commandments that Christians are supposed to follow.
KJV

United States

#88101 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
A May 2012 poll (Huffington Post) shows that a whopping 83% of Americans believe that God answers prayers.

That would mean that you, Woodtick, are in the minority.

Just some fun facts for you.:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/pray...
Here some more fun facts that get their dander up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.

Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.

According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...

According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."

Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population

While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...

Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:

The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%

persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,

In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:

In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
KJV

United States

#88102 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, okay - I remember that story though - they've changed/added
a bestiality law now.
People just get more and more evil it seems - skeery stuff.
That evolution hard at work. LOL
KJV

United States

#88103 Apr 28, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror when you say, that blackhearted motherfvcker.
Why? You afraid he doesn't have a reflection?
KJV

United States

#88104 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO.

If people in the U.S. came from Europe why are there still Europeans?
Why doesn't your slim keep pumping out new life forms?

Why just once did that magic work?

Kind of weird don't you think? Oh that's right you're an atheist so you don't think.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#88105 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
And also - evolution has never been, and will never be, proven by any (read: none) evidence - physical or otherwise.
Evolution is just one more tool that satan is using to steer as many as he can away from God.
It appears he's good at it, too. Sigh.

It appears religion is the tool YOU use, to keep yourself stupid.

St. Croix valley

#88106 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your slim keep pumping out new life forms?
Why just once did that magic work?
Kind of weird don't you think? Oh that's right you're an atheist so you don't think.
actually, new life forms pop up in the geological record throughout history.

your cult only talks of one creation event, in total opposition to the known facts in the matter.
KJV

United States

#88107 Apr 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>It was the church (in the Dark Ages) that decided who was a witch. Those they chose were not baby killers.

All you have to do creatards, is a little research on the interwebs.
I am aware that men commit sins with that scripture. However I don't worship men or church. When the Bible is talking about stoning witches it's talking about real practicing witches in the very real occult. Witches that burnt their children to death in sacrifices to Satan.

Your argument is like claiming stop signs should be removed because so many accident happen around them.

St. Croix valley

#88108 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"no magic ever. no god of the bible, no satan."
Just where are your facts?
Why do you hide your proof?
LOL
Tell a lie laud enough and often enough and people will believe it.(Hitler)
the proof is in the total lack of any verifiable evidence of any magic.

the proof your cult god is a myth is the impossiblity of the god your cult describes ever existing as stated. your cult even contradicts itself about it's own god. he is infallible, yret changes his mind often. he performed a creation event that didn't happen that way. he lies to his people when that god is supposedly above lying.

your cult lied to you...again...proven fact.
KJV

United States

#88109 Apr 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>I have NEVER seen ANY evidence to prove God....show me.
Nice word game! "Wordy"

Evidence does not need to be all inclusive of final proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 7 min xxxooxxx 17,212
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 13 min Fish_sticks 21,941
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 21 min KellyP in Jersey 46,730
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 24 min Rose_NoHo 37,864
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 29 min -TheExam- 3,748
Sexual Word Association Game...! (Nov '12) 29 min KellyP in Jersey 289
if there were no consequences ? 32 min Queen Doggy Sam 11
A to Z songs by title or group! 35 min xxxooxxx 1,831
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Sharlene45 217,268
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr contemplater 4,098