Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88032 Apr 27, 2013
Hey - if Brian Welch of Korn can be saved, then anyone can.
:)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88033 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
All of us are sinners - me, you, our neighbors, congress, celebrities, etc - NONE of us will ever be perfect until Jesus comes back. And then those who chose to pick up the Cross and follow Him, will be free of all worldly sin and evil - but the ones who chose not to pick up that Cross - well, their fate will be sealed, I'm afraid.
That's not what "I" say - but what God says. I think God is looking for commitment - not perfection since none of us can ever achieve that in our earthly bodies. But we can't just live in an "anything goes" kind of world and expect to be rewarded with Heaven. It just doesn't work that way.
Typical snake oil sales pitch, you cannot live without this magical elixir, so buy it before it's too late.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88034 Apr 27, 2013
Andddddd.......... Alice Cooper now says he is a Christian.

ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88035 Apr 27, 2013
Ex BLACK SABBATH singer JEFF FENHOLT - also now a Christian - wow.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88036 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" don't - but you might.
There are people who claim to be Christians who commit all sorts of evil out in this world. Does that mean they are Christian and are following God and His Word? Apparently not - not if they have chosen to commit an evil act(s).
There are preachers out here that kill their wives - are they following God and His Word? Of course not.
Told you - satan is extremely deceptive.
So you like using the no true Scotsman fallacy. You are way too easy to bring your ignorance to light, way too easy. Are you new to the internet?
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88037 Apr 27, 2013
Megadeth's (and founder of Metallica)Dave Mustaine talks witchcraft & satanism in music and becoming Christian -

:O

ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88038 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical snake oil sales pitch, you cannot live without this magical elixir, so buy it before it's too late.
Like I always tell people I talk to - choose wisely - and make sure it's a decision that you can live - and die - with.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88039 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with who "I" like or don't like. It has to do with if the person follows God and His Word. If he does, he's a true Christian.
If he doesn't, then he is not.
I judge (yes, "judge") by God's standards - not my likes or dislikes.
i.e. The Bible tells us to judge 'righteously" - that is another part of the Bible that is used out of context continually - the notion that we aren't supposed to judge. The Bible says that His people (Christians) will judge the angels in Heaven.
You don't really know God's standards. According to the Bible even Hitler could be in heaven. He never denied God. He always claimed to be a Catholic, which last time I heard was still a sect of Christianity. All he had to do was sincerely repent sometime before he died. Do you think he might have regretted his actions just a little bit while hiding in that bunker?

You might not like it, but Hitler was one of yours. He was never an atheist.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88040 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like using the no true Scotsman fallacy. You are way too easy to bring your ignorance to light, way too easy. Are you new to the internet?
lol no - I've been online since 97. I just try to understand that all of us - ALL of us - are all struggling to get through this life and to try to find answers as we go. I see so many people who are being misled by satan - and it breaks my heart. I was misled for about 35 years - until God opened my eyeballs to the Truth - His truth. And trust me when I say that it will change your life.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88041 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Megadeth's (and founder of Metallica)Dave Mustaine talks witchcraft & satanism in music and becoming Christian -
:O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wvAo7FifNy4XX
Yes, lots of band members have taken lots of drugs and have lost LOTS of brain cells.

So what is your point?

And what does this have to do with the fallacy of creationism?

Worldwide most Christians probably believe the theory of evolution. The sickness of creationism is strongest in Muslim countries and the U.S.A.. That should make you think.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88042 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't really know God's standards. According to the Bible even Hitler could be in heaven. He never denied God. He always claimed to be a Catholic, which last time I heard was still a sect of Christianity. All he had to do was sincerely repent sometime before he died. Do you think he might have regretted his actions just a little bit while hiding in that bunker?
You might not like it, but Hitler was one of yours. He was never an atheist.
Hitler was one of us - mankind's. And he was just one more sad soul who allowed evil to infiltrate his heart and mind - along with pride - that caused him to want to obtain as much power as he could. He isn't the first - and won't be the last - that have allowed evil to overtake his better senses.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88043 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, lots of band members have taken lots of drugs and have lost LOTS of brain cells.
So what is your point?
And what does this have to do with the fallacy of creationism?
Worldwide most Christians probably believe the theory of evolution. The sickness of creationism is strongest in Muslim countries and the U.S.A.. That should make you think.
I have to agree with you on that - there are Christians out there who claim there is no hell or satan. That doesn't make it so - it just makes them appear gullible to satan.

There are alot of band members who have converted from their sinful lifestyles - to God. That should help us all to understand that even the most wicked of souls can be saved by God's Grace.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88044 Apr 27, 2013
Lots of Christians have been deceived with Christmas, Easter and Halloween. They are guilty
of following "family tradition" - their parents celebrated those days, their grandparents celebrated those days, and so forth.

But in reality? All three of those days have pagan origins - but there are ALOT of them now who know the truth and STILL choose to continue to celebrate those days.

I've quit celebrating them - for God. Yep I was raised to celebrate them, but now I can see that my parents/grandparents/etc were deceived - by guess who - satan.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88045 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I always tell people I talk to - choose wisely - and make sure it's a decision that you can live - and die - with.
Aah, a veiled reference to the failed Pascal's Wager. As long as you are going to fail you should at least fail in the correct manner. Since all gods are equally improbable if you are going to believe in one you should believe in the one that has the best heaven.

rAmen.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88046 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was one of us - mankind's. And he was just one more sad soul who allowed evil to infiltrate his heart and mind - along with pride - that caused him to want to obtain as much power as he could. He isn't the first - and won't be the last - that have allowed evil to overtake his better senses.
No, he was a Christian. He was not an atheist.

Not that there was never a bad atheist. It seems there are fewer bad atheists than bad Christians, that is if U.S. prison populations are any indicator.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88047 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, Satanists are Christian, too...
Yeah one likes heads, the other likes tails. But maybe we should call them Snaitsirhc ?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88048 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Lots of Christians have been deceived with Christmas, Easter and Halloween. They are guilty
of following "family tradition" - their parents celebrated those days, their grandparents celebrated those days, and so forth.
But in reality? All three of those days have pagan origins - but there are ALOT of them now who know the truth and STILL choose to continue to celebrate those days.
I've quit celebrating them - for God. Yep I was raised to celebrate them, but now I can see that my parents/grandparents/etc were deceived - by guess who - satan.
Are you a child?

Seriously, you can't blame the Devil for everything. When Christianity spread they simply replaced existing holidays with Christian names, that does not make them evil.

In fact there is nothing any more evil about pagan religions than there is of the Christian one. The only evil comes from applying those religions.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88049 Apr 27, 2013
To each his own on his or her beliefs. I stick to mine as I believe them.

It's really that simple - no need to complicate things. It comes down to God vs satan. And we all have to choose who we are going to follow.

ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88050 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was a Christian. He was not an atheist.
Not that there was never a bad atheist. It seems there are fewer bad atheists than bad Christians, that is if U.S. prison populations are any indicator.
He may have "claimed" to be a Christian - that doesn't necessarily make him one, though.

He ended up choosing to serve satan - that much is obvious.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88051 Apr 27, 2013
I gots to go, guys - it's been nice debating with all of you. There is a good PBS show on "The Dust Bowl" - and I want to finish watching it.

I'll remember you guys in my prayers tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 9 min dandylioness 7,187
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min whatimeisit 7,381
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 12 min Old Sam 3,809
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min Old Sam 2,733
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 15 min analyst 444
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min Old Sam 26,457
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Old Sam 6,786
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 33 min -Lea- 24,051
Internal Server Errors 2 hr Dr Wu 37
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Yes lts Me 151,186