Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218774 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#88047 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, Satanists are Christian, too...
Yeah one likes heads, the other likes tails. But maybe we should call them Snaitsirhc ?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88048 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Lots of Christians have been deceived with Christmas, Easter and Halloween. They are guilty
of following "family tradition" - their parents celebrated those days, their grandparents celebrated those days, and so forth.
But in reality? All three of those days have pagan origins - but there are ALOT of them now who know the truth and STILL choose to continue to celebrate those days.
I've quit celebrating them - for God. Yep I was raised to celebrate them, but now I can see that my parents/grandparents/etc were deceived - by guess who - satan.
Are you a child?

Seriously, you can't blame the Devil for everything. When Christianity spread they simply replaced existing holidays with Christian names, that does not make them evil.

In fact there is nothing any more evil about pagan religions than there is of the Christian one. The only evil comes from applying those religions.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88049 Apr 27, 2013
To each his own on his or her beliefs. I stick to mine as I believe them.

It's really that simple - no need to complicate things. It comes down to God vs satan. And we all have to choose who we are going to follow.

:)
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88050 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was a Christian. He was not an atheist.
Not that there was never a bad atheist. It seems there are fewer bad atheists than bad Christians, that is if U.S. prison populations are any indicator.
He may have "claimed" to be a Christian - that doesn't necessarily make him one, though.

He ended up choosing to serve satan - that much is obvious.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88051 Apr 27, 2013
I gots to go, guys - it's been nice debating with all of you. There is a good PBS show on "The Dust Bowl" - and I want to finish watching it.

I'll remember you guys in my prayers tonight.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88052 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
He may have "claimed" to be a Christian - that doesn't necessarily make him one, though.
Now you are just being silly. I am sure that in his heart he thought he was doing "God's Will". That is one of the biggest problems with religion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88053 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
To each his own on his or her beliefs. I stick to mine as I believe them.
It's really that simple - no need to complicate things. It comes down to God vs satan. And we all have to choose who we are going to follow.
That is a false dichotomy. You really need to work on your thought processes.

Atheists do neither.

But then atheism is not a religion. Now that we are in the age of reason religion is one of the biggest evils on the face of the Earth.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#88054 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
God has already dealt with satan - and sentenced him. But He is allowing him to test us to see who is going to follow him -and who is going to follow Him/God.
How many Christians are in the world? I have no idea - I never counted them.:)
Did you ever just stop, stand back, and look at that story and realize how stupid it is??

Its kindergarten stuff....you know like how the people who wrote it are at level with.
AdriannaRain

Mesa, AZ

#88055 Apr 27, 2013
Evolution is a LIE!!!! Creation was admitted by the guy who created evolution to be real. That his evolution was a lie. He admitted it. No WAY God could let his Creation be thrown away like that, just by a fat, juicy lie!!!

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88056 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with who "I" like or don't like. It has to do with if the person follows God and His Word. If he does, he's a true Christian.
If he doesn't, then he is not.
I judge (yes, "judge") by God's standards - not my likes or dislikes.
i.e. The Bible tells us to judge 'righteously" - that is another part of the Bible that is used out of context continually - the notion that we aren't supposed to judge. The Bible says that His people (Christians) will judge the angels in Heaven.
So just who is it that is determining that some group is not following the proper 'protocol' and therefore is NOT a Christian??

Is it you, and if so, what do you base your evaluation on??

I happen to know that almost ALL of the fundamentalist denominations say THEY are the only true Christians.

Why do you think this is??

Surely they can't all be right.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88057 Apr 27, 2013
AdriannaRain wrote:
Evolution is a LIE!!!! Creation was admitted by the guy who created evolution to be real. That his evolution was a lie. He admitted it. No WAY God could let his Creation be thrown away like that, just by a fat, juicy lie!!!
You are such a putz...and a totally wrong putz at that.

Go get some education putz.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88058 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
And on the contrary - satan is extremely clever. He's got millions and millions, probably billions? wrapped around his lit'l finger.
He has society today so confused - and once he gets people confused, half of his battle is won.
He's sure got you confused.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88059 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
All of us are sinners - me, you, our neighbors, congress, celebrities, etc - NONE of us will ever be perfect until Jesus comes back. And then those who chose to pick up the Cross and follow Him, will be free of all worldly sin and evil - but the ones who chose not to pick up that Cross - well, their fate will be sealed, I'm afraid.
That's not what "I" say - but what God says. I think God is looking for commitment - not perfection since none of us can ever achieve that in our earthly bodies. But we can't just live in an "anything goes" kind of world and expect to be rewarded with Heaven. It just doesn't work that way.
Why would I have sin??

I am not a sinner.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#88060 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that would all depend on the view of the world from your eyes.
It is a fact that most of Germany were in fact Christians.
They themselves believed they were serving the lord in their endeavors from their perspective, just as you think you are.
What you fail to realize in understanding how Germany became the way they did, is that they were motivated by the writings of another German reformer Martin Luther. Who was very much against the Jewish people and by his writing they thought it was the will of god for them to exterminate the Jews.

On the Jews and Their Lies, 1543
by Martin Luther (1483-1546)

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showca...

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#88061 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Satan is dumber than a equivalent mass of falling masonry - seems he hasn't read the end of the book.
And that's the Great Adversary?
Doesn't say much about the wit of your deity, does it?
Sherlock Holmes had Moriarty - you've got Howdy Doody.
Oh, how many Christians in the world today?
Adversary?

LOL

*snort*

More like *spy*

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88064 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
lol no - I've been online since 97. I just try to understand that all of us - ALL of us - are all struggling to get through this life and to try to find answers as we go. I see so many people who are being misled by satan - and it breaks my heart. I was misled for about 35 years - until God opened my eyeballs to the Truth - His truth. And trust me when I say that it will change your life.
You bought a made up non-answer, sadly, one that has made you delusional.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88066 Apr 27, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Which would make you a bigger putz, since you have no rebuttal and certainly no education.
You should have said "Go get some education, putz." Commas are free, use them.
Bite me, putz,,:-)

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88067 Apr 28, 2013
Does no one have a sense of humor anymore??

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Zhengzhou, China

#88068 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
It is not a Christian's responsibility to prove to *you* that God exists. True Christians already know this by their faith and their choice to follow His Son, Jesus.
How can you do that without proving your case to us?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88069 Apr 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Does no one have a sense of humor anymore??
Oh, some of us have managed to retain one.

Many of the fundies seem to be irremediably dull, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Go Out There 209,841
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 22 min Poppyann 11,522
A to Z songs by title or group! 45 min Scarbelly Bob 613
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Mustang GT Girl 45,961
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Poppyann 21,716
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 1 hr Mustang GT Girl 1,577
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Poppyann 7,371
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Poppyann 13,519
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 4 hr Aussie Kev 6,111
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 hr Brandiiiiiiii 2,159