Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87898 Apr 27, 2013
Sometimes ones bestiality can become public against the wishes of the practitioner. This story was big time news in my state several years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_s...

It turns out what he did was not illegal at that time.

No one had thought that you would ever have to make a law about a horse doing somebody from behind, in the behind.
michael godwills

Thornhill, Canada

#87899 Apr 27, 2013
Evolution is a theory therefore scientists can retract their statements and modify them if newfound evidence contradicts their first findings. However all evidence found supports the idea of evolution so there need not be any hastily covered up lies. However religion has a set way of things meaning that today is the same as tomorrow until the end of time. We know this is not true by the fact that we can observe evolution in front of our own eyes an example being mans best friend the dog who was once a wolf.
KJV

United States

#87900 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually merely disagreeing with your position is not the same as lying. I know you can't help but think otherwise but that's not my problem.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "Atheist spending day after day posting there is no God. Why?
Think about it. Why? Why do you do this. There are other boards where people debate many known items. You choose to spend your time screaming there is no God. No proof to your claim but you insist on spending your free time claiming something you can't prove.
It really shows your underlining beliefs doesn't it.
M&M "

Well not really since your above statement dishonestly misrepresents my position. I have never argued for or against the possibility of a God. The reason being is that the concept is a non-falsifiable non-verifiable non-scientific concept. What I DO argue for is the validity of currently accepted science when faced with creationist religious apologetics. Which, contrary to your beliefs, is NOT the same as atheism.

If you want a "fundamentalist there definitely is no God atheist" then I suggest you seek Skippy the 'Skeptic' in the atheist forum. I am not that guy. Sorry.(shrug)
So dude you're not an atheist?
KJV

United States

#87901 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Burning witches wasn't about burning witches because they burned their kids or did anything wrong.
Burning witches was about taking advantage of senile old ladies and
poor people because you could them confiscate their land and property, It was quite profitable. And mighty christian of them to do so. So define evil here, it may exist where you least suspect it.
Lie
KJV

United States

#87902 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you are the one who is stupid by making a claim you cannot back up. YOU are the one arguing that Hitler had LOTS of books burned EXCEPT Darwin's because he secretly KEPT them all because he (allegedly) based the ENTIRE Nazi regime on it while simultaneously acting in a manner TOTALLY OPPOSITE to the premise of what Darwinian evolution entails - something he would have KNOWN if he really DID keep the book and read it properly. And of course EVERYTHING he said was obviously a lie because he was a guy who was IN CHARGE and therefore had NO REASON to lie, because he could say what he liked and anyone who didn't like it he could have had SHOT or GASSED TO DEATH, just like he DID with the holocaust. Of course if EVERYTHING he did/said was a lie then he would (by your same rules) would ALSO have been lying if he claimed he was motivated by evolution. So QUITE CLEARLY Hitler's problem had NOTHING to do with evolution but in actual fact his outright schizophrenia.

So yes. You ARE stupid. You don't even understand WHAT the heck it is you are even saying.
No dude you're lying again. She said while Hitler burnt the books on evolution with one hand he practiced it with his other hand. I didn't see anywhere that she claim he hid the books.
Please point it out if I'm wrong.
KJV

United States

#87903 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I can only go by what you post. Don't blame others when you're incapable of understanding the logical consequences of your own posts.(shrug)
dude I can follow the postings to understand what is being discussed why can't you? Is it to much for you to handle? Reading the whole post then the posted response?

Not very tough to do.
KJV

United States

#87904 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You are avoiding my question and pointing to alleged depravities of a peoples you do not even know ever existed and actions you do not even know they perpetrated other than the Bible saying so. What I'M saying is that the Bible claims witches existed. You know, people with magical powers to turn people into frogs and newts and stuff, fly around on broomsticks, whatever. Bear in mind that there is little magic involved in sacrificing children, or where their methods magical in nature?

Do witches exist and should they be killed?
You are trying to mix your believe on what a witch is in today's TV programs with the witch that is referred to in the Bible. Nice try

If you're going to quote the bible as you did on stoning witches then YOU need to understand exactly what the Bible means when it's talking about witches 3 or 4 thousands years ago. Those witches killed the own children by burning them to death. Yes those needed to be killed for their crimes.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87905 Apr 27, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude you're lying again. She said while Hitler burnt the books on evolution with one hand he practiced it with his other hand. I didn't see anywhere that she claim he hid the books.
Please point it out if I'm wrong.
Hitler never "practiced" evolution. This foolish statement of yours only shows that you do not understand the theory.
KJV

United States

#87906 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>How can I like something which does not exist?

Remember that the above is not referring to the sacrifice of children specifically, but also other acts - divination, sorcery, omen interpreting and witchcraft. Even if they have not sacrificed any children but engaged in any of those other acts they should also be put to death.

Should anyone who interprets omens be put to death? Should anyone who engages in sorcery be put to death?

Deuteronomy also calls for the stoning of disobedient sons. Should we do what the Bible says?

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/when...
"How can I like something which does not exist"

Is it your claim that witches and witchcraft do not exist?
KJV

United States

#87907 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Because it goads you morons into betraying how stupid and ignorant you are so as to help break the god delusion in the populace. Pretty simple really, we just give you the gun, you do the rest.
So your goal is to get us to stop believing in the Bible and God and become more like you?

Bawhaahaahaa
Bawhahahahaha
Bawhahahahaha
KJV

United States

#87908 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Rope, give them rope ,we cannot trust a fundie with a gun!:)
Not the rope you've been smoking.
KJV

United States

#87909 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No way, I was wrong and someone smarter than me caught it. Oh well, maybe I should just buy their delusion to feel better.:P
Please don't

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87910 Apr 27, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"How can I like something which does not exist"
Is it your claim that witches and witchcraft do not exist?
not the kind that can do magic or are aligned with the mythical satan. no, they do not exist.
KJV

United States

#87911 Apr 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Creationists, in their disregard for the Ninth Commandment, are quite fond of pretending that any and every Evolutionist endorses eugenics and Social Darwinism.
However, Darwin himself never endorsed eugenics, despite Galton's attempts to convince him.
Nor did he ever endorse Social Darwinism, despite Spencer's attempts to convince him.
Creationists don't want us to know this, but Darwin never appreciated the Social Darwinists' use of his name.
Doesn't matter if Darwin endorsed eugenics or not. He never practiced it true however the idea of does come from his belief in natural selection. If natural selection was true then speeding it up is also possible.
You can't have eugenics with out
Evolution of the species by natural selection.
KJV

United States

#87912 Apr 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Mary Magdalena wrote, "there is not one shred of evidence against God."

So the burden of proof is on our side?
There is not one shred of evidence against the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Or the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
Or the dragon in Carl Sagan's garage.
Or vampires, werewolves, and leprechauns.
Shall we assign Mary Magdalena the task of proving that none of these entities exist?
Presented earlier by MM
I love this!

The FSM Prayer:

Our spaghetti who are on the stove
Great be your aroma, The sauce is coming, my meal be done, On the stove as it is in the dinning room, Give us some garlic bread and forgive the extra Parmesan as we add more, and lead us not to the bathroom and deliver us from Gods word, I'm not a man.
KJV

United States

#87913 Apr 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have given you the evidence that is known that proves your god is a myth. many times.

where is your first shred of evidence for any god?
You have posted this many times
"i have given you the evidence that is known that proves your god is a myth. many times."

The real fact is You have no proof.
KJV

United States

#87914 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Sounds like you've bought into satan's lie(s), my friend.

It is not a Christian's responsibility to prove to *you* that God exists. True Christians already know this by their faith and their choice to follow His Son, Jesus.

Christians are only trying to steer people like you in the right direction - instead of the path to hell that you currently appear to be on.

The Bible tells us that there will more in Hell than in Heaven.

A subtle reminder - satan himself is not even an atheist - he fully believes in God - but has chosen to defy Him. And he is being given free reign to take as many souls as he can with him into hell.

I pray you begin a journey down the road to truth - God's Truth.
God bless you.
KJV

United States

#87915 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Satan's lies:
Abortion
There is no God.
The Bible is wrong.
There is no hell.
Everyone who dies goes to Heaven.
Nothing wrong with music such as Marilyn Manson, Korn, Black Sabbath, etc.
If it feels good, do it.
Homosexuals will go to Heaven.
You can be your own "god".
The Cross means nothing.
Church and/or God are for losers who
need a crutch.
Marriage is for anyone/everyone.
Bestiality is a sexual orientation, too.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Don't continue to be gullible - because that is just the foothold that satan needs and will use against you in order to drag your soul to hell with him.
Nice post!
KJV

United States

#87916 Apr 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a lie, it's a fact. And no-one aborts more foetuses than God.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "There is no God."

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But the facts are you have zero evidence to back it up.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "The Bible is wrong."

There are some things the Bible gets right - King Herod, Roman occupation of the Middle East, etc.

There is much that cannot be verified - Herod ordering all the babies to be sacrificed, and basically all the magic bits.

Then there are the parts the Bible gets wrong - Lizards do not talk. Donkeys do not talk. Global Flood is a myth. The Earth is not a flat square circle at the center of the universe which revolves around it.

So yeah - the Bible is wrong.(shrug)

ViaDolorosa wrote, "There is no hell."

Of course there is. Hell is wherever the fundies are.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Everyone who dies goes to Heaven."

There is zero evidence such a place exists, or even that God would WANT any humans in heaven even if it did.

In fact heaven could exist and you could quite easily die believing you're an atheist.(shrug)

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Nothing wrong with music such as Marilyn Manson, Korn, Black Sabbath, etc."

Certainly not to everyone's taste I admit. But then as we already established, Christian Rock came straight from Satan.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "If it feels good, do it."

Probably not a good life choice in all circumstances, true.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Homosexuals will go to Heaven."

You don't choose who goes up or down, and contrary to your claims, you have no idea who will. You are not God nor His personally appointed mouthpiece nor His favourite person. You are merely just another fundie with a massive ego who thinks that anyone who DARES to disagree with YOU "must" be disagreeing with God.

In reality you're just another crazy street-corner preacher nut.(shrug)

ViaDolorosa wrote, "You can be your own "god"."

No-one can.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "The Cross means nothing."

No, the Cross means you are idolatrous for creating graven images to worship (Exodus 20:4)

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Church and/or God are for losers who
need a crutch."

Not necessarily applying to all people, but certainly applies to fundies. And ironically you have been deceived by the church and do not know it.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Marriage is for anyone/everyone."

Marriage is an out-dated legal contract involving property. Always has been. However neither of us have the right to prevent two consenting adults to marry.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Bestiality is a sexual orientation, too."

Bestiality is a bad idea for hygenic reasons. However if you WANT to shag sheep it is only fair (and always advisable) you inform other mates of your sexual history.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "Don't continue to be gullible"

Boy, just when I think there's never been such a huge irony meter explosion someone else always manages to outdo it.

ViaDolorosa wrote, "because that is just the foothold that satan needs and will use against you in order to drag your soul to hell with him."

Then by your own standards you are hellbound, for being SUPREMELY gullible.
You are incorrect and lying every time you say we have no evidence of there being a God. We do have evidence of God being real.
KJV

United States

#87917 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Sometimes ones bestiality can become public against the wishes of the practitioner. This story was big time news in my state several years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_s...

It turns out what he did was not illegal at that time.

No one had thought that you would ever have to make a law about a horse doing somebody from behind, in the behind.
I have to agree with you on this sick item.

"No one had thought that you would ever have to make a law about a horse doing somebody from behind, in the behind"

Evolution hard at work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Goku Black 27,307
True False Game (Jun '11) 7 min Geno 15,563
Things That Are Solid,... 28 min Rosa 133
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Weird 223,335
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr Humor 13,168
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 2 hr Crazy Jae 871
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 2 hr wichita-rick 2,557
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
More from around the web