Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222984 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87852 Apr 26, 2013
mary, what would count as evidence that your Bible is not perfect?

A failed prophesy or two? No problem.

Self contradictions? Again NO problem.

Poor science? Definitely no problem.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87853 Apr 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Not one shred of evidence FOR a God either.

Not one shred of evidence for or against Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog too.

Therefore that is JUST as likely.
So you're just a lier too then. Atheist spending day after day posting there is no God. Why?

Think about it. Why? Why do you do this. There are other boards where people debate many known items. You choose to spend your time screaming there is no God. No proof to your claim but you insist on spending your free time claiming something you can't prove.

It really shows your underlining beliefs doesn't it.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87854 Apr 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is that Hitler did a magic trick because you have NO evidence he made use of evolution in his regime?

Quite ironic then that you accuse others of dishonesty.

Remind us all again, do you believe in witches and should they be killed?
God are all you atheist this stupid?
Wow look at his post! Moron!

So what you're saying is you believe everything Hitler said as apposed to what he did.

Here I'll put a coin in my right hand now you stare at my left hand and I'll make the coin disappear. What a idiot.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87855 Apr 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so only Americans are Christians? And it's okay for Americans to engage in eugenics simply due to the fact that human worth is measured only in mathematics? Just trying to figure out how far the depths of your depravity goes.
Dumb dumb and dumber!

I said American Christians as that was the group that your ape buddy was talking about.

How you came about your drug induced conclusions is beyond my grasp of understanding.

You my boy are not the dude try dunce on for size it's a much better fit.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87856 Apr 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And that is all you know about history.(shrug)

What should we do with witches?
If they burn their kids to death as in the Bible that you're referring too then they should be burnt to death just as they did to their children.

Oh but you think they should not be punished, you're really sick bastard. I'd bet you would love to join their cult.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87857 Apr 26, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... do you still get stoned a lot ...
Not enough I'm afraid.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87858 Apr 26, 2013
Mary, you misunderstood The Dude's point. There is no evidence for the existence of your God. At least no one has ever made them known.

Atheists don't believe in gods because there is no evidence of gods. We are all open to scientific evidence so if you have any we would love to see it.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87859 Apr 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Right theys evul , burn them at the stake!
Yahweh likes the smell of burning flesh.
Just which witch is witch?
So you think it's ok to burn your kids to death. You're sticking up for those nut jobs. I believe that a witch burning their kids to death deserve the same treatment.

Tough if you don't like it.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87860 Apr 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And that is all you know about history.(shrug)

What should we do with witches?
Do as the Bible says!

Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,

But you like witchcraft don't you?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87861 Apr 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention Stalin and Pol Pot. They were atheists too.

Another thing you may want to check out is the History of the Christian religion years ago.

All the "witches" and blasphemers, and heretics they killed because they could.

Then there were the inquisitions--both regular and Spanish.

Said to be in the millions all told.

Then there was the religious wars....Catholics against Protestant and vice-versa.

Said to be in the millions again.

Ooh--if you only knew history.
There will be time for them.

I know History what would you like me to teach you?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#87862 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is you believe everything Hitler said as apposed to what he did.
Here I'll put a coin in my right hand now you stare at my left hand and I'll make the coin disappear. What a idiot.

How bout if we put a coin in your hand , and YOU disappear?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87863 Apr 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>M&M again you need to learn history. Learn why those"witches" were really offed.
You part of the cult too?

Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,

Go burn your kids.

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#87864 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Do as the Bible says!
But you like witchcraft don't you?
... i gotta steal me one of them bibles when im in the motel again ...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87865 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you're being cleaver?
What is the Bible really talking about?
You're damn right, anyone burning their son or daughters as sacrifices too Satan should be killed.
Actually I don't endorse people sacrificing their children.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
You seem to think (by your smug posting) that this kind of practice is allowable but then again you're an atheist.
M&M
Oh, the irony. Atheism is irrelevant. Should anyone who misuses the name of God be put to death? Should anyone who works on the Sabbath day be put to death? Should anyone who curses their parents be put to death? Should thieves be put to death? Are witches real and should they be killed?(Exodus)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87866 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
You're damn right, anyone burning their son or daughters as sacrifices too Satan should be killed.
What about stoning your son for being rebellious? Should that be allowed?

(Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87868 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a God given miracle. Every life is a God given miracle.
M&M
That it may be, but it's still due to perfectly normal natural chemical processes. Bohart claims that God is unable to perform this miracle when it comes to the very first life on Earth.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87869 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
There none. There are also no honest atheist. Surprised?
M&M
Only surprised for you to admit you are a liar.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87870 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're just a lier too then.
Actually merely disagreeing with your position is not the same as lying. I know you can't help but think otherwise but that's not my problem.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Atheist spending day after day posting there is no God. Why?
Think about it. Why? Why do you do this. There are other boards where people debate many known items. You choose to spend your time screaming there is no God. No proof to your claim but you insist on spending your free time claiming something you can't prove.
It really shows your underlining beliefs doesn't it.
M&M
Well not really since your above statement dishonestly misrepresents my position. I have never argued for or against the possibility of a God. The reason being is that the concept is a non-falsifiable non-verifiable non-scientific concept. What I DO argue for is the validity of currently accepted science when faced with creationist religious apologetics. Which, contrary to your beliefs, is NOT the same as atheism.

If you want a "fundamentalist there definitely is no God atheist" then I suggest you seek Skippy the 'Skeptic' in the atheist forum. I am not that guy. Sorry.(shrug)

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#87871 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it's ok to burn your kids to death. You're sticking up for those nut jobs. I believe that a witch burning their kids to death deserve the same treatment.
Tough if you don't like it.
M&M
Burning witches wasn't about burning witches because they burned their kids or did anything wrong.
Burning witches was about taking advantage of senile old ladies and
poor people because you could them confiscate their land and property, It was quite profitable. And mighty christian of them to do so. So define evil here, it may exist where you least suspect it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87872 Apr 26, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are the one who is stupid by making a claim you cannot back up. YOU are the one arguing that Hitler had LOTS of books burned EXCEPT Darwin's because he secretly KEPT them all because he (allegedly) based the ENTIRE Nazi regime on it while simultaneously acting in a manner TOTALLY OPPOSITE to the premise of what Darwinian evolution entails - something he would have KNOWN if he really DID keep the book and read it properly. And of course EVERYTHING he said was obviously a lie because he was a guy who was IN CHARGE and therefore had NO REASON to lie, because he could say what he liked and anyone who didn't like it he could have had SHOT or GASSED TO DEATH, just like he DID with the holocaust. Of course if EVERYTHING he did/said was a lie then he would (by your same rules) would ALSO have been lying if he claimed he was motivated by evolution. So QUITE CLEARLY Hitler's problem had NOTHING to do with evolution but in actual fact his outright schizophrenia.

So yes. You ARE stupid. You don't even understand WHAT the heck it is you are even saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oh [email protected]: Roadside defecation ends in disaster 3 min Rick Perry s Closet 19
what's your favorite animal? (May '10) 30 min -Sprocket- 334
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min -Sprocket- 150,616
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 44 min rainmaker2016 4,180
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 52 min Rose_NoHo 2,336
Word association (Jun '07) 57 min texas pete 7,101
News JonBenet Ramsey murder: Bizarre elements behind... (Sep '16) 59 min Camel Lot 47
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am Enzo - The B... 225,320
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr I Am Enzo - The B... 30,850
More from around the web