Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,147)

Showing posts 82,921 - 82,940 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your god is a proven myth and his "son" is just a re-hashed myth from previous cults...
rational people understand this just fine. the people that have been shown these facts and can openly deny them like you are the ones that should be wondered about...
If people want to know the truth, I am going to tell it as best I can. I don't really care if people like me or not, at least they won't perish for lack of knowing it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no evidence despite your 2 outta 3 aint bad bullshit
Well unfortunately for you , you have to be smart enough to distinguish what is in fact evidence for it to sink in what you are looking at. Of course you can also just ignore it , maybe close your eyes and wish it will go away. But it wont change the facts of what it is. It took quite some time for the idea of fingerprints to sink in , as to exactly what they were. The same is true for the evidence
of the formation of life on Earth. We have found some natural finger prints to the formation of life. It will take some time to figure out exactly what that means. But knowing the building blocks of life are formed abundantly in space is a gargantuan clue, and IS evidence.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

I should have said they will not perish for lack of knowledge, in my last post.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
If god exists, why doesn't he just reveal himself. It makes absolutely no sense, why would you create people with minds based on logic and proof, and then condemn them all to hell for not beliecing in sonething, because god won't just price tgat he exists and save billions of souls. why would got create people with minds that make it inpissible for them to believe something without any proof at all, and then send them to hell just for being how he created them
Great point. And why was he hanging out with his peeps until about 2000 years ago then *POOF* he's gone with no forwarding address.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Naomi wrote:
Having background information on both evolution and creation I know both are pretty solid theories, or as a few will say, facts. However I will say that evolution has some arguments against it that I believe are a good reason to say that human beings did not evolve from the ape like Darwin states. I believe evolution took place, but it did not form a human. Based on what I learned in biology class, there are missing links. I understand that when 1 and 3 is given, you can assume there was 2 but it shouldn't be taken as a fact. Missing links should not be acceptable and it is a big reason why I disagree with the theory of evolution. Even though I am not religious.
I hardly believe a word you are saying here.

No. 1 is that evolution is proven and there is NO doubt about it AT ALL in the worlds scientific communities. You are just beating a dead horse here.

There are NO missing links anymore. If you were to go back to your biology classes they will tell you that DNA has proven that humans (Homo-sapiens) did mate with Neanderthals and that all but sub-Saharan Africans today carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood.

This establishes the link to other older Homo species such as: Homo-habilis, Homo-ergaster, Homo-erectus, Homo-heidelbergensis, etc.

Since the Neanderthals died out roughly 30,000 years ago this is also showing that humans have been around for a LONG time. The DNA says the mating happened around 50,000+ years ago.

I'll bet you are religious. I believe you are just trying a different approach to getting your message out.

Until you open your mind to learn about what is going on in science today you will remain an old fossil

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

What's with all these people showing up here from Egypt??

New cult or something??

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Naomi wrote:
Having background information on both evolution and creation I know both are pretty solid theories...
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing as the above demonstrated that you have no background information on the matter at all. The rest of your post was merely further proof.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Naomi wrote:
Having background information on both evolution and creation I know both are pretty solid theories, or as a few will say, facts. However I will say that evolution has some arguments against it that I believe are a good reason to say that human beings did not evolve from the ape like Darwin states. I believe evolution took place, but it did not form a human. Based on what I learned in biology class, there are missing links. I understand that when 1 and 3 is given, you can assume there was 2 but it shouldn't be taken as a fact. Missing links should not be acceptable and it is a big reason why I disagree with the theory of evolution. Even though I am not religious.
I Dream of Jeanie is a solid theory to you?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i can, and since i have, the proof that i can is right there for you to peruse at your leisure.
Please list away

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If people want to know the truth, I am going to tell it as best I can. I don't really care if people like me or not, at least they won't perish for lack of knowing it.
So .... when do you start telling the truth>

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list away
Already have, and you have read them...

what evidence do you have for any god, gods or goddesses? not one teensy shred yet? none? in all the eons of the universe not even one shred?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>We don't know that there was a 'before time." We simply don't know many things about 14+-billion years ago.

However we DO know there is no sign of a 'God' at any time.

Sam Harris' little homily abides
Allow me to rephrase the question.

When there was no time -(you agree time started about 13.7 billion years ago right?) so

When there was no time was there anything?

"However we DO know there is no sign of a 'God' at any time."

You state this with conviction, rather funny because you know there is plenty of evidence of God.

Is there any 2 dimension objects?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If people want to know the truth, I am going to tell it as best I can. I don't really care if people like me or not, at least they won't perish for lack of knowing it.
but you are just telling what you know are proven lies you are just spreading more lies in doing so. how can thta sit in your conscience? weren't you taught to not lie?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>There is much very interesting speculation about this unfortunately, us being bound to this space/time continuum have little ability to solve questions about out of this space/time continuum. While it is philosophically entertaining and a brain exorcise to to ponder it, it is a somewhat hollow pursuit.

But we can solve the mystery of life , as that is within human capability. I just wonder if your brain is ready for the belief challenging ramifications that will ensue , should endeavoring it's pursuit finally pay off.
I'll ask you the same question

Is there such a thing as a 2 dimensional object?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no evidence despite your 2 outta 3 aint bad bullshit
Sorry, it is a fact, you cannot recognize evidence when it is presented to you.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, yeah, very funny..:-)

You believe in magic and supernatural stuff--true?

You think there is some magical thing in the sky that 'thinks' physical things into existence, who made life on one planet, of one star, out of trillions.

You think this magical 'being' or 'thing' interferes in human affairs—is a ‘personal’ God; going so far as to proclaim that menstruating women must be segregated from the male population for a certain time, thereby falling right into line with what ancient men wanted. Amazing that all the 'God given' laws were simply human men desires.

It's just simply stupid that this God also wanted humans to own slaves that you could do anything too---except kill. Think sex slaves.

Another really stupid thing in the Bible is 2 Kings 22:11-13 all about that list of laws that the Hebrews supposedly ‘overlooked’ or ‘lost.’ Oh Really….God lets a list of laws that he is particularly ‘Hot’ on go missing. Sounds to me like the priests are making up stuff in their spare time….something else to keep the people under their jackboots….in the name of ‘God’

It just never ceases to amaze me that people are so stupid and clueless that they can’t see through the things that have gone on, and are going on, in religion.

They’ll buy the dumbest things if only it seems to come from the Bible.

Men made from dirt, women made from ribs, world-wide floods, 4 couples restocking the earth’s entire population in a few years, God scattering language, sending a million+ people into a desert for 40 years, extracting water from rocks and raining down manna and quails for food, knocking down city walls with Bugles, a savior, who is actually God (but we didn't know this for another 400+years or so), born of a virgin. There’s more; there’s much more, but my bullsh!t meter is about to blow me over.

I think only the Hindu religion is stupider than Christianity
"on one planet, of one star, out of trillions."

The Bible never said earth was the only place God placed life.

"You think this magical 'being' or 'thing' interferes in human affairs—is "

I believe he use to. He no longer does.

"Amazing that all the 'God given' laws were simply human men desires. "

You find this amazing? God created man and Gods rules and you find that man wanting to live by these God made rules amazing? Really?

Maybe you just never really though that part through.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to rephrase the question.
When there was no time -(you agree time started about 13.7 billion years ago right?) so
"However we DO know there is no sign of a 'God' at any time."
You state this with conviction, rather funny because you know there is plenty of evidence of God.
Is there any 2 dimension objects?
you can start listing that evidence anytime now...yet you never do.. not even once. why?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Naomi wrote:
There is no "theory of creation". You clearly do not know what the word theory means and you are being very dishonest. There is no reason to not believe the theory of evolution except for fundamental religious nonsense reasons.

Perhaps you had a very poor biology teacher. The terminology you use is not quite correct. Humans share a common ancestor with other apes. Biologically we are apes.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you admit Spiderman is real.
Twisting words again? That's all you got? Read this again and please point out where exactly I admit Spiderman is real.

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! Maybe that's why I never posted there was no Spider-Man.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask you the same question
Is there such a thing as a 2 dimensional object?
Time and energy requires the space/time continuum to exist.
Without the linear progression known as the arrow of time, space cannot in any dimension nor can energy can exist.
It is but as singular point, or singularity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,921 - 82,940 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••