Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

bohart

White Pine, TN

#87748 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds more plausible than a creator that we know doesn't exist...
Yeah sure it does ha,ha,ha.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87749 Apr 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we have our fingers crossed..:-)
Which proves my point, you have everything tied up in this belief because your worldview is at stake, you HAVE to have it be true. Not because any evidence has lead you there
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87750 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds more plausible than a creator that we know doesn't exist...
You have to believe in it, not because of any evidence that leads you to, but because it supports your beliefs.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87751 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure it does ha,ha,ha.
you are saying a proven myth is plausible? really?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#87752 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, the buddy system. Perhaps you can provide the links or post numbers to his proof since you are claiming they are real also.
I posted answers to your question twice. You saw them. As predicted by the LAW of Fundy Dishonesty, you ignored them rather than addressing them.

Imagine my shock.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#87753 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>see what i mean? proven.
Yep.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#87754 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that randomly scattered elements can self assemble into the proper proportions, at the proper time and place and then erupt into life?
Out of all the technology today, the one thing that has always fascinated me was the television. How, back in the early 30s man had the intelligence to transfer radio waves into moving images on the screen. The way they were able to actually aim and control a stream of electrons with such precision, exciting each individual pixel into a calculated glow to project an image on a screen. Truly an amazing feat. Yet, we have this feat due to the evolution of our own intelligence. Television, although quite miraculous, was not given to us by God. It was a feat achieved by an evolving man, who over time moved from the sludge to a single cell to man, from whacking two stones together to walking on the moon. Man has evolved over this time to bring us these feats, not God. Granted God may be part of the big picture as a higher force which is part of the universal fabric, bbut he can not be the sole motive of who we are today. We are who we are because of evolution.

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#87755 Apr 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm! Infinity falls under which context?
Fundie I presume?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#87756 Apr 26, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie I presume?
Oooh yeah.

Rabid.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87757 Apr 26, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie I presume?
oh...that doesn't even begin to explain chuckie's problems...

he'd need to climb back up to the edge of sanity and take a day's hike to get back to just being a fundie...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87758 Apr 26, 2013
Mark wrote:
On the other point, establishment can be entirely in error.
Pity it's WAY beyond your ability to demonstrate.(shrug)
Mark wrote:
Yes I have presuppositions, but complexity doesn't arise in a mindless, self-driven system
False.

Of course you WERE given examples MONTHS ago. You couldn't deal with it then, you can't now. You won't in the future.

I'm afraid your incredulity and lack of education doth not an argument against science make.
Mark wrote:
Fantastic complexity, the closed system of the cell, proof of the Biblical major geologic events (like the Great Unconformity), history, archeology evidence, its all there and fits, outside of my faith.
There is ZERO evidence of your global flood. Unless you have solid objective scientific evidence that Sol is a binary system?

Didn't think so.
Mark wrote:
If my faith was empty
It is. That's why you ignore everything inconvenient and constantly lie for Jesus.

That's your problem bub.
Mark wrote:
And yes, Adam and Eve were real people, because the Bible states so in many places. As more clues come in, who know's what can happen next? Eve in the mDNA made some headlines, what will you say if Adam turns up, will your side change position again?
Adam has ALREADY turned up. Separated from Eve by THOUSANDS of years.

Not that the ACTUAL science that disproves you will stop you from trotting out a well known fundie lie.
Mark wrote:
Interesting that you use the term "paleoanthropologists " I remember not long ago Johansson was hoping one day it could be a "science", as all they had was bones to cover a pool table for all the transitionals, but now they have 1 1/2 tables and you are asking me to throw away my Bible. Sorry, no deal.
Actually we have the ENTIRE GEOLOGICAL COLUMN.

You have an old book that says that lizards and donkeys talk and the world is flat. Except the world isn't flat because the Bible is "literally" true except when it's not.

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC Mark?

Thought so.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87759 Apr 26, 2013
Mark wrote:
anything that makes logical sense that accident-and-chance-mutations
Keep beating up that straw-man Mark. Your avoidance of reality is why you fail.
Mark wrote:
NO, thats your presupposition.
Not a presupposition - it's tested.
Mark wrote:
No part can be left out or we die and yes it's complex - again.
That's nice. How is complexity measured/quantified in an objective manner via the scientific method and how was the demarcation line between designed and non-designed determined?
Mark wrote:
If all these "fundies" you speak of can't explain something because it's complex? I don't get your point, are you hopeful the process can't be explained because it's too complex?
You don't get my point because you don't get education.
Mark wrote:
I need to call this off for now, more later - and yes i do spend time answering your rebuttals, dont see too many questions however.
All we need to know is what is the "scientific theory" of IDC. Instead all you do is repeat long rebutted creationist fallacies. I asked plenty of questions months ago and pointed out many of your flaws, yet you didn't actually spend a single second answering any of them. I see you are only continuing your tradition here of ignoring reality and further lying for Jesus so there is no reason to expect much of anything constructive from you.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87760 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, the "Great Unconformity" is not all that great. It is a big unconformity in Britain. It is an unconformity of only 80 million years. In Colorado there is a "Great unconformity" too, but it is a different unconformity and is a gap of over a billion years.
When it comes to science the last thing you should do is to trust creationist sources.
He doesn't. He just spams them.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87761 Apr 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us things are made by patterns.
Hi Mikey. Still don't care.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87762 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do you have to compliment your theory.
Again, why are you asking for something you have absolutely positively no interest in at all whatsoever? Not even a ickle tiny widdle bit?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87763 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You continually lying she bitch,..( can chemical reactions eventually lead to the formation of living organisms? yes) all you have for that opinion is your delusions, no evidence, not observed , not tested and not repeated,just a belief system that you must support.So much for science,ha,ha,.
Oh, so you're not made up of chemicals? Are you an alien?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87764 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Which proves my point, you have everything tied up in this belief because your worldview is at stake, you HAVE to have it be true. Not because any evidence has lead you there
Gee, Bo. You love being wrong all the time, don'cha?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87765 Apr 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm! Infinity falls under which context?
Brazil owns English!!!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#87766 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, I was just kidding around. It is you and your fellow creatards who need the Bible to be completely true or it destroys your bedrock belief. In your world the Bible is the product of God. and He is not allowed to be wrong--ever.

Us atheist however, know that the Bible is a fully man-made product and we expect it to have problems, and it does. I know it has enough problems to destroy the religion, and it is my goal to bring these problems to everyone attention
Mary Magdalena

United States

#87768 Apr 26, 2013
Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Exodus 22:19
“Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.

Leviticus 18:15-24
You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are relatives; it is depravity. And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.“You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanness....

Romans 1:26
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min CJ Rocker 224,312
News Overturned semi rig spills 56,000 pounds of app... 3 min Suezanne 1
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 min Rider on the Storm 6,382
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 9 min Suezanne 2,572
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 14 min Suezanne 9,506
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 15 min Bovenzi13 4,103
Why Do White People Start Stuff They Cant Fini... 19 min Suezanne 6
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 19 min dragoon 28,767
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 5 hr Boinkface 2,504
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 5 hr Boinkface 530