Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,140)

Showing posts 82,781 - 82,800 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

I have not read anywhere that there was anything before the Creation that is given in the Bible. I read of a beginning of this heaven and earth which includes all things in our universe and I read of an end to this heaven and earth at some point.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Creation + Evolution = Us All

Luv Lu

(((*()*)))

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Such a scenario isn’t as crazy as it sounds. Our universe is expanding and becoming increasingly dilute, and the high-entropy future will be one in which space is essentially empty. But quantum mechanics assures us that empty space is not a quiet, boring place; it’s alive and bubbling with quantum fluctuations—ephemeral, virtual particles flitting in and out of existence. According to a theory known as the “inflationary universe scenario,” all we need is for a tiny patch of space to be filled with a very high density of dark energy—energy that is inherent in the fabric of space itself. That dark energy will fuel a spontaneous, super-accelerated expansion, stretching the infinitesimal patch to universal proportions.
Empty space, in which omnipresent quantum fields are jiggling back and forth, is a natural, high-entropy state for the universe. Eventually (and we’re talking about a really, really big eventually) the fluctuations will conspire in just the right way to fill a tiny patch of space with dark energy, setting off the ultra-fast expansion. To any forms of life arising afterward, such as us, the inflation would look like a giant explosion from which the universe originated, and the quiescent background—the other universes—would be completely unobservable. Such an occurrence would look exactly like the Big Bang and the universe we experience.
The most appealing aspect of this idea, Chen and I have argued, is that over the vast scale of the entire universe, time is actually symmetric and the laws truly don’t care about which direction it is moving. In our patch of the cosmos, time just so happens to be moving forward because of its initial low entropy, but there are others where this is not the case. The far past and the far future are filled with these other baby universes, and they would each think that the other had its arrow of time backwards. Time’s arrow isn’t a basic aspect of the universe as a whole, just a hallmark of the little bit we see. Over a long enough period of time, a baby universe such as ours would have been birthed into existence naturally. Our observable universe and its hundred billion galaxies is just one of those things that happens every once in a while, and its arrow of time is just a quirk of chance due to its beginnings amid a sea of universes.
Interesting that kjv is posting evidence that the universe is 14 billion years old and Genesis is wrong.

Well done.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try to be consistent bohart. How can somebody hate something that does not exist?
I can assure you that I hate God no more than I hate the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Godzila.
Exactly. The Jews (supposedly) slaughtered the Canaanites and blamed it on god. The Nazi claimed "Gott mit uns" while they slaughtered the Jews.

Blowhard is one of those who are incapable of understanding that hating what humans have done in the name of their god(s) is not the same as hating god(s). If he/she/it even exists. And, if not, there is nothing to hate.
Salma Ahmed

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Scientists everyday try to take elder scientist ideas and evolve their theories to either prove them right or false. The idea of evolution was long introduced by some ancient Greek thinkers but was long rejected in Europe as contrary to the literal interpretation of the Bible. A few years later, Lamarck proposed a theory that organisms became transformed by their efforts to respond to the demands of their environment, but he couldn't explain a mechanism for this. Lyell demonstrated that geological deposits were the cumulative product of slow processes over vast ages. This helped Darwin toward a theory of gradual evolution over a long period by the natural selection of those varieties of an organism slightly better adapted to the environment and hence more likely to produce descendants. Combined with the later discoveries of the cellular and molecular basis of genetics, Darwin's theory of evolution has, with some modification, become the dominant unifying concept of modern biology. Simply what I'm trying to say that it's a theory, and it gradually evolves, while constantly finding religious responses to it. Fact is, that wether it's a religious fact, or scientific fact, our society will never be fuffiled with enough facts to prove the true existence of evolution.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Define the term, " truth" ? Africa as a continent, influenced the US, no doubt about that.
but you stated that the US used mostly resources from africa to develop. that is not the truth. not even close. nowhere near the truth.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

From my understanding of Creation, I do not think time had any bearing on the miracle of it. We do have insight into the kingdom of heaven and Jesus said it began very small and it was less than all beginning and then it branched out. The Word of God caused all things and Jesus knew how it happened.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
From my understanding of Creation, I do not think time had any bearing on the miracle of it.
Fascinating how the bible can be literally correct except when you don't want it to be.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
From my understanding of Creation, I do not think time had any bearing on the miracle of it. We do have insight into the kingdom of heaven and Jesus said it began very small and it was less than all beginning and then it branched out. The Word of God caused all things and Jesus knew how it happened.
why didn't jesus correct gods mistaken account of the creation then? he corrected the other mistakes made by the infallible god...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I got interested in finding who it was that spoke back to me one night out of fuel, in a storm, in the mtns with a partial panel plus part of my landing gear gone 100nm N of Kotz. Also the extra 10 gals of gas was nice. As I said before, I was a perfect evo until then, cockpit conversion so to speak. I searched and I found. That's not a brainwashing. I was holding an egg this evening and thinking how much work it would be for you folks to explain the evo of that process, and who is really being fooled here! God is proven to exist by what has been made, what you can feel, see, hear, smell and taste. Even the eyes you use to read this comment are a wonderful gift, not formed by blind chance.
Jesus said "If you don't believe what Moses wrote, you will never believe what I say". One thing Moses didn't write was - "In Six Days". So when you tell us Moses is discredited what are you calling Christ? You are braver than I my friend.
I thought exactly like you guys, that people who "believe" were nice, a little stupid and certainly unscientific. I tell you what, if you say you folks are objective, scientific and fair minded, open to argument and sound logic, then I challenge you to read Denton and Behe then come back and tell me I'm the fool to my face and I will buy dinner.
if the existence of an egg, or our world is proof of god, then it is also proof of every other creation myth. what you really just said is there are thousands of gods proven...
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that you think circular-reasoning (i.e. The Bible is true because it says so in the Bible) is an acceptable way to argue for anything?
Stating the bible is true becasue it says so is equivilent to saying Day time is light and nighttime is dark. It is self evident.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>becasue you never seem to realize how stupid it is that people use the bible to prove the bible is true.
by your logic, anything ever written down is true, because it was written down.
The source of credibility is the author more rather than what is being written down. There are some folks if they were to write down day is light and night is dark I would still have trouble believing them.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Stating the bible is true becasue it says so is equivilent to saying Day time is light and nighttime is dark. It is self evident.
So basically anything that can be claimed in writing can be accepted as 'truth' as long as that same writing is used as support for the claim? or does that line of 'reasoning' only apply to your beliefs and all other similar claims are dismissed because they don't agree with your beliefs?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The source of credibility is the author more rather than what is being written down. There are some folks if they were to write down day is light and night is dark I would still have trouble believing them.
yet that is exactly what the bible does often, and you suck it up like a hoover.

cult mentality...

and how does the author GET credibility? by a long history of putting out true facts. your bible does not have such credibility. and the myth of divine inspiration has been proven false, so there is not one single author, but hundreds of humans putting out their personal opinions and cultural myths.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Stating the bible is true becasue it says so is equivilent to saying Day time is light and nighttime is dark. It is self evident.
no, no it is not. in fact, the lies and falsehoods in the bible have been shown to you numerous times, so you , in fact, know what you just stated is a lie.

yet you continue to lie for your cult...i bet you cannot even help it at this point in your indoctrination.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The source of credibility is the author more rather than what is being written down. There are some folks if they were to write down day is light and night is dark I would still have trouble believing them.
LOL! That's funny since very little, if any, of your bible can be attributed to anyone in particular.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Sponatanous generation of life
Really? You mean like,'poof', with a cloud of smoke? Although highly unlikely, it would be a very cool thing to see. Kinda like a rabbit being pulled out of a hat.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>So basically anything that can be claimed in writing can be accepted as 'truth' as long as that same writing is used as support for the claim? or does that line of 'reasoning' only apply to your beliefs and all other similar claims are dismissed because they don't agree with your beliefs?
You did quite a bit of work to twist what I said. Just because something is written does not make it true or false, one must consider the source from where the information comes from. Truth is truth whether agress with it or accepts it.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Historian wrote:
The relative modern Christian lacks the capacity to understand the divergence between righteousness and self righteousness.
Let us,PLEASE,just get along with one another.
The modern christian has to realize that the world, and christianity does not revolve around him.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I got interested in finding who it was that spoke back to me one night out of fuel, in a storm, in the mtns with a partial panel plus part of my landing gear gone 100nm N of Kotz. Also the extra 10 gals of gas was nice. As I said before, I was a perfect evo until then, cockpit conversion so to speak. I searched and I found. That's not a brainwashing. I was holding an egg this evening and thinking how much work it would be for you folks to explain the evo of that process, and who is really being fooled here! God is proven to exist by what has been made, what you can feel, see, hear, smell and taste. Even the eyes you use to read this comment are a wonderful gift, not formed by blind chance.
Jesus said "If you don't believe what Moses wrote, you will never believe what I say". One thing Moses didn't write was - "In Six Days". So when you tell us Moses is discredited what are you calling Christ? You are braver than I my friend.
I thought exactly like you guys, that people who "believe" were nice, a little stupid and certainly unscientific. I tell you what, if you say you folks are objective, scientific and fair minded, open to argument and sound logic, then I challenge you to read Denton and Behe then come back and tell me I'm the fool to my face and I will buy dinner.
Personally I dont disbelieve miracles Mark, in fact had an experience myself when I was young. Although I dont necessarily agree with the comment "I thought exactly like you guys" because we do not know how "you guys" think, I do in fact believe in God. But you cannot dismiss Science, and the power of evolution. In fact evolution in itself is a miracle - A miracle of nature. How God is intertwined into the fabric of nature and vice versa to me is a phenomenon that need not be explained by a book, or by facts. There are no facts, just personal beliefs on how it all ties together. And as you have eloquently pointed out, it is truly a miracle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,781 - 82,800 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••