Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#87554 Apr 24, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Gillette , If you do the math using the hebrew and roman method of telling time the hours do correspond. A good example of the Hebrews system see Acts 2:11-15. The third hour of the day(which to them started @6AM)was 9 AM.
You MORON!

NOT talking about ours of the day or Roman vs. Jewish times.

It's DAY OF THE WEEK. DIFFERENT. CONTRADICTORY.

Your shallow, thoughtless boast earlier in the thread is REBUTTED.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87555 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We know all humans can make mistakes and Jesus doesn't. The BIble was closely guarded against error and I can not say if any mistakes were made, but yes it was copied by scribes and not written by the direct hand of God or Jesus.
no, the bible is full of error. divine inspiration is just another proven myth of your cult, both in the writing and interpreting of the bible. thus, it is not the word of any god. it is the word of humans, nothing more.
Anonymous

UK

#87556 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The hand of God is at work and the Bible is truly his divine will that we should know it.
If god exists, why doesn't he just reveal himself. It makes absolutely no sense, why would you create people with minds based on logic and proof, and then condemn them all to hell for not beliecing in sonething, because god won't just price tgat he exists and save billions of souls. why would got create people with minds that make it inpissible for them to believe something without any proof at all, and then send them to hell just for being how he created them

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87557 Apr 24, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
You MORON!
NOT talking about ours of the day or Roman vs. Jewish times.
It's DAY OF THE WEEK. DIFFERENT. CONTRADICTORY.
Your shallow, thoughtless boast earlier in the thread is REBUTTED.
Fundies are invulnerable to logic. But it is fun to watch them try to do mental gymnastics to avoid the inevitable answer that reason gives them.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#87558 Apr 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the bible is full of error. divine inspiration is just another proven myth of your cult, both in the writing and interpreting of the bible. thus, it is not the word of any god. it is the word of humans, nothing more.
I see that you must be one of those who has said in your heart there is no God. I will not try to covince you, but I will say that I hope you come to your senses and repent before you die.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#87559 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you must be one of those who has said in your heart there is no God. I will not try to covince you, but I will say that I hope you come to your senses and repent before you die.
Why, because then your "loving God" will have NO OTHER OPTION but to burn and torture him forever and ever?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#87560 Apr 24, 2013
Still waiting on the "Cleansing of the Temple."

Also, the two accounts of the death of Judas do not agree.

Does Judas "hang himself" (Matthew 27:3-10)?

Or does he fall headlong so his guts and bowels burst out (Acts 1: 18-19)?

Who purchased the field -- the priests (Matthew) or Judas himself (Acts)?

Why was the field called the Field of Blood -- because it was purchased with blood money (Matthew) or because Judas bled all over it (Acts)?

St. Croix valley

#87561 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you must be one of those who has said in your heart there is no God. I will not try to covince you, but I will say that I hope you come to your senses and repent before you die.
why? there is no soul to live on or be judged by your mythical god...

i have said in my mind that the facts show your cult and the god they created to be myths. these are just facts. it has nothing to do with my wishes or beliefs. just the facts of the real world.

it really would be great if there were a god (not the vindictive prick of a god in the bible, that asshole would be in jail in today's world...) but a real god; but there just is no evidence to start that assumption yet.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#87562 Apr 24, 2013
Here is an excerpt from Bible scholar Bart Ehrman's "Jesus Interrupted," page 155:

In the Gospel of John, Chapter 3, Jesus has a famous conversation with Nicodemus in which He says, "You must be born again." The Greek word translated "born" actually has two meanings: it can mean not only "a second time" but also "from above." Whenever it is used elsewhere in John, it means "from above" (John 19:11,23). That is what Jesus appears to mean in John 3 when he speaks with Nicodemus: a person must be born from above in order to have eternal life in heaven above.

Nicodemus misunderstands, though, and thinks Jesus intends the other meaning of the word, that he has to be born a second time. "How I crawl back into my mother's womb?" he asks, out of some frustration. Jesus corrects him: he is not talking about a second physical birth, but a heavenly birth, from above.

This conversation with Nicodemus is predicated on the circumstance that a certain Greek word has two meanings (a double entendre). Absent the double entendre, the conversation makes little sense. The problem is this: Jesus and this Jewish leader in Jerusalem would not have been speaking Greek, but Aramaic.

But the Aramaic word for "from above" does not also mean "a second time." This is a double entendre that works only in Greek.

So it looks as though this conversation could not have happened at least not as described in the Gospel of John.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#87563 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
So what is it a sin now to not believe in god?
Are you saying he will go to hell for not believing.
Sounds alot like terror tactics to mr.
Anonymous

UK

#87564 Apr 24, 2013
If god would just prove that he exists, he would save billions of souls, it is absurd that the Christian god would allow the world to be massive majority non Christian, with Islam and atheism dominating, thereby instantly condemning billions of souls to hell, it doesn't make much sense does it. Why would a god create people with the logic minds that we have, and then demand, in some old, unreliable collection of stories written by goat herders, that we believe in it, with absolutely no proof, or burn in hell for all aternity, knowing full well that it is impossible for people to believe in something that has no proof and is totally inconsistent, it doesn't make much sense does it. A man born in Saudi Arabia in the twelth century, for example, would obviously be a Muslim, he and his family and community would have been raised as Muslims, they would never of been outside the Muslim world, and they would never of heard of Christianity or the bible, but, according to the bible, they will still all burn in hell for not believing in a christian god that they have never even heard of, how can you believe in something that you havnt even heard of, what kind of a god would condemn billions of people to hell for not believing in something that they have never even learned about, it doesn't make much sense does it. Even people that do know about Christianity, they are still humans, with human minds that work the way they do, with logic and reasoning, just as god created them, but they too will burn in hell for not believing in something with no evidence, just for being how god made them, it doesnt make much sense does it

St. Croix valley

#87565 Apr 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is it a sin now to not believe in god?
Are you saying he will go to hell for not believing.
Sounds alot like terror tactics to mr.
classic cult tactics...

prey on peoples'(weak minded peoples') greatest fear...dying. tell them you have a way around it...viola! Instant Cult*.

*let sit for 5 minutes to thicken before serving....

*substitute gods my be used...see substitution table at Insta-cult.scam

St. Croix valley

#87566 Apr 24, 2013
straa wrote:
If god would just prove that he exists, he would save billions of souls, it is absurd that the Christian god would allow the world to be massive majority non Christian, with Islam and atheism dominating, thereby instantly condemning billions of souls to hell, it doesn't make much sense does it. Why would a god create people with the logic minds that we have, and then demand, in some old, unreliable collection of stories written by goat herders, that we believe in it, with absolutely no proof, or burn in hell for all aternity, knowing full well that it is impossible for people to believe in something that has no proof and is totally inconsistent, it doesn't make much sense does it. A man born in Saudi Arabia in the twelth century, for example, would obviously be a Muslim, he and his family and community would have been raised as Muslims, they would never of been outside the Muslim world, and they would never of heard of Christianity or the bible, but, according to the bible, they will still all burn in hell for not believing in a christian god that they have never even heard of, how can you believe in something that you havnt even heard of, what kind of a god would condemn billions of people to hell for not believing in something that they have never even learned about, it doesn't make much sense does it. Even people that do know about Christianity, they are still humans, with human minds that work the way they do, with logic and reasoning, just as god created them, but they too will burn in hell for not believing in something with no evidence, just for being how god made them, it doesnt make much sense does it
islam is the same god...

the Abrahamic god is the god of the jews, the christians and the muslims. all different sects of the same cult.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87567 Apr 24, 2013
Lets keep our fingers crossed and watch the game.
Naomi

Damietta, Egypt

#87568 Apr 24, 2013
Having background information on both evolution and creation I know both are pretty solid theories, or as a few will say, facts. However I will say that evolution has some arguments against it that I believe are a good reason to say that human beings did not evolve from the ape like Darwin states. I believe evolution took place, but it did not form a human. Based on what I learned in biology class, there are missing links. I understand that when 1 and 3 is given, you can assume there was 2 but it shouldn't be taken as a fact. Missing links should not be acceptable and it is a big reason why I disagree with the theory of evolution. Even though I am not religious.
Anonymous

London, UK

#87569 Apr 24, 2013
I'm going to make a tennis ball, then send it to hell for being round
Anonymous

London, UK

#87570 Apr 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>islam is the same god...
the Abrahamic god is the god of the jews, the christians and the muslims. all different sects of the same cult.
Yes, and according to the bible, all non Christians will burn in hell, so Muslims, Hindus, buhdists and atheists will all go to hell, only christians will be saved

St. Croix valley

#87571 Apr 24, 2013
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and according to the bible, all non Christians will burn in hell, so Muslims, Hindus, buhdists and atheists will all go to hell, only christians will be saved
and according to muslims the christians and jews will burn, and according to the jews....

yes, cults are fun...even when they worship the same god their inherent divisivness is made clear.

religion is the most destructive thing humans have ever created on this planet.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#87572 Apr 24, 2013
Some of you people don't understand our Creator. God has loved us so much that he has sent his only begotten Son to the cross for us, so that we can be saved from the wrath to come. It is a matter of faith and Jesus will reveal himself to whosoever will humbly ask him into their hearts and lives. God will not tolerate wickedness and this world will be judged and destroyed someday. A way has been made and anyone who rejects such a great offer of salvation, will weep when it is too late for them to repent. I will tell you how it is and whether someone likes it or not, has no real bearing on anything.

St. Croix valley

#87573 Apr 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Some of you people don't understand our Creator. God has loved us so much that he has sent his only begotten Son to the cross for us, so that we can be saved from the wrath to come. It is a matter of faith and Jesus will reveal himself to whosoever will humbly ask him into their hearts and lives. God will not tolerate wickedness and this world will be judged and destroyed someday. A way has been made and anyone who rejects such a great offer of salvation, will weep when it is too late for them to repent. I will tell you how it is and whether someone likes it or not, has no real bearing on anything.
your god is a proven myth and his "son" is just a re-hashed myth from previous cults...

rational people understand this just fine. the people that have been shown these facts and can openly deny them like you are the ones that should be wondered about...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 3 min Old Sam 3,788
True or False Game 4 min Old Sam 902
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min NotaGoth 138,155
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Old Sam 1,796
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 7 min NotaGoth 5,236
tellmealie (Dec '12) 7 min Old Sam 302
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 8 min Seriously 264
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min CJ Rocker 151,096
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 20 min David0407 8,049
Bill Cosby 26 min Xstains In Name Only 217