Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#87493 Apr 23, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is rain falling on rocks creating spontaneous self generating life.
Yeah, yeah, very funny..:-)

You believe in magic and supernatural stuff--true?

You think there is some magical thing in the sky that 'thinks' physical things into existence, who made life on one planet, of one star, out of trillions.

You think this magical 'being' or 'thing' interferes in human affairs—is a ‘personal’ God; going so far as to proclaim that menstruating women must be segregated from the male population for a certain time, thereby falling right into line with what ancient men wanted. Amazing that all the 'God given' laws were simply human men desires.

It's just simply stupid that this God also wanted humans to own slaves that you could do anything too---except kill. Think sex slaves.

Another really stupid thing in the Bible is 2 Kings 22:11-13 all about that list of laws that the Hebrews supposedly ‘overlooked’ or ‘lost.’ Oh Really….God lets a list of laws that he is particularly ‘Hot’ on go missing. Sounds to me like the priests are making up stuff in their spare time….something else to keep the people under their jackboots….in the name of ‘God’

It just never ceases to amaze me that people are so stupid and clueless that they can’t see through the things that have gone on, and are going on, in religion.

They’ll buy the dumbest things if only it seems to come from the Bible.

Men made from dirt, women made from ribs, world-wide floods, 4 couples restocking the earth’s entire population in a few years, God scattering language, sending a million+ people into a desert for 40 years, extracting water from rocks and raining down manna and quails for food, knocking down city walls with Bugles, a savior, who is actually God (but we didn't know this for another 400+years or so), born of a virgin. There’s more; there’s much more, but my bullsh!t meter is about to blow me over.

I think only the Hindu religion is stupider than Christianity
bohart

Newport, TN

#87494 Apr 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are still learning. Abiogenesis is still in the hypothetical stage. You are of course a complete idiot who seems to believe that if we do not understand something we should not try to understand it. That attitude would have kept us in the caves.
Abiogenesis has been tested many times. Many of those tests have been successful. You being a complete idiot do not understand those tests or how there were successes.
You don't test a god. You accept a god idiotically and blindly, like Christians do. In fact there are even verses in the Bible praising this idiotic behavior. People studying abiogenesis will not be happy until they have found an answer. That is the difference between science and faith.
You are a perfect example of what G.K. Chesterton said: when men cease to believe in God , its not that they believe in nothing, they will believe in anything.

Your hatred of God and any who believe it is an all consuming fire with you, and burns out any and all objectivity, your posts reek of this hate. This hatred has resulted in a religious zeal in you that latches on to any theory that even vaguely attempts to explain life without a creator, furthermore these theories require no proof for you, because you will believe any or all instead of the idea of a creator which you find unthinkable and detestable.
bohart

Newport, TN

#87495 Apr 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not for you anyway, but the women like me.
So you see there is a observable
(you better not be peeking either) repeatable, testable
(That little strip turned blue) say that again repeatable ahh
"natural" event that leads to life.
doofus
You can't be that dumb, there's just no way, you can't be comparing being pregnant to the first life arising from natural means . Well I guess you are.
bohart

Newport, TN

#87496 Apr 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And your proof of this is...???
My proof of this?....There is no proof !

But, you already knew that

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87497 Apr 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of what G.K. Chesterton said: when men cease to believe in God , its not that they believe in nothing, they will believe in anything.
Your hatred of God and any who believe it is an all consuming fire with you, and burns out any and all objectivity, your posts reek of this hate. This hatred has resulted in a religious zeal in you that latches on to any theory that even vaguely attempts to explain life without a creator, furthermore these theories require no proof for you, because you will believe any or all instead of the idea of a creator which you find unthinkable and detestable.
Please try to be consistent bohart. How can somebody hate something that does not exist?

I can assure you that I hate God no more than I hate the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Godzila.
bohart

Newport, TN

#87498 Apr 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try to be consistent bohart. How can somebody hate something that does not exist?
I can assure you that I hate God no more than I hate the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Godzila.
Denial is also so predictable from you.
Mark

United States

#87499 Apr 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you of course. My understanding is that the first 5 chapters of the Bible are almost purely myth, and Mark will never know because of fundamentalist brainwashing.
Actually I got interested in finding who it was that spoke back to me one night out of fuel, in a storm, in the mtns with a partial panel plus part of my landing gear gone 100nm N of Kotz. Also the extra 10 gals of gas was nice. As I said before, I was a perfect evo until then, cockpit conversion so to speak. I searched and I found. That's not a brainwashing. I was holding an egg this evening and thinking how much work it would be for you folks to explain the evo of that process, and who is really being fooled here! God is proven to exist by what has been made, what you can feel, see, hear, smell and taste. Even the eyes you use to read this comment are a wonderful gift, not formed by blind chance.

Jesus said "If you don't believe what Moses wrote, you will never believe what I say". One thing Moses didn't write was - "In Six Days". So when you tell us Moses is discredited what are you calling Christ? You are braver than I my friend.

I thought exactly like you guys, that people who "believe" were nice, a little stupid and certainly unscientific. I tell you what, if you say you folks are objective, scientific and fair minded, open to argument and sound logic, then I challenge you to read Denton and Behe then come back and tell me I'm the fool to my face and I will buy dinner.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#87500 Apr 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be that dumb, there's just no way, you can't be comparing being pregnant to the first life arising from natural means . Well I guess you are.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"There ARE NO observable , testable , and repeatable natural events that led to life. To say otherwise is to lie."

You didn't say the first living thing, maybe that's what you meant.
But unless you put that part in , you get the answer to the specific question.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87501 Apr 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is also so predictable from you.
Yeah, you're right. I don't really like the Easter Bunny all that much.

Tard.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#87502 Apr 23, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I got interested in finding who it was that spoke back to me one night out of fuel, in a storm, in the mtns with a partial panel plus part of my landing gear gone 100nm N of Kotz. Also the extra 10 gals of gas was nice. As I said before, I was a perfect evo until then, cockpit conversion so to speak. I searched and I found. That's not a brainwashing. I was holding an egg this evening and thinking how much work it would be for you folks to explain the evo of that process, and who is really being fooled here! God is proven to exist by what has been made, what you can feel, see, hear, smell and taste. Even the eyes you use to read this comment are a wonderful gift, not formed by blind chance.
Jesus said "If you don't believe what Moses wrote, you will never believe what I say". One thing Moses didn't write was - "In Six Days". So when you tell us Moses is discredited what are you calling Christ? You are braver than I my friend.
I thought exactly like you guys, that people who "believe" were nice, a little stupid and certainly unscientific. I tell you what, if you say you folks are objective, scientific and fair minded, open to argument and sound logic, then I challenge you to read Denton and Behe then come back and tell me I'm the fool to my face and I will buy dinner.
Jesus, of course, knew about Moses and Adam and Eve and all the OT characters because he was a teacher/rabbi and had access to the Torah/Tanakh/Nevi'im, what-have-you in the Jewish world.

However speaking of Jesus lets back up a bit. We know that Adam and Eve as written in the Bible did not exist....they are simply mythical characters.

We know this from archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA.

So if they did not exist, there would not be that 'original sin' that Paul writes about---would there??

No 'original sin' equals no need for Jesus.

So, basically you can apologize and double-speak all you want, but we KNOW what REALLY happened

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#87503 Apr 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because "god" is nothing more than the super ego.
Freud was a fraud.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#87504 Apr 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"There ARE NO observable , testable , and repeatable natural events that led to life. To say otherwise is to lie."

If we change this wording to....

"There ARE NO observable , testable , and repeatable natural events that led to the first living organisms . To say otherwise is to lie."

It's still incorrect.

There is observable evidence that it maybe possible life arose from natural events .
Such as...

The geological history of Earth itself.
The evolution of DNA itself.
The finding of complex organic compounds, that are the precursors of DNA itself exist in space.

The finding of the the first formations of life on Earth, along with it's record of evolutionary history.
The finding of extremophiles that could exist in the hostile environment of the early Earth.

So you see

There have also been repeatable experiments performed that tested natural events that could have possibly led to the first life.
Miller/Urey specifically amongst others such as ..
The successful creation of RNA that replicates itself.

But you are correct that we haven't been able to repeat the creation of life yet, though we ARE closing in on "how".

So 2 of the 3 prove that saying it maybe possible that life could have arisen by natural causes,
is not a lie.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87505 Apr 24, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>and no one comes to the Father but by(through) him.
Yes.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#87506 Apr 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! Maybe that's why I never posted there was no Spider-Man.
So you admit Spiderman is real.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87507 Apr 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>now when you say truth, do you mean the truth like your Africa statement truth?
Define the term, " truth" ? Africa as a continent, influenced the US, no doubt about that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87508 Apr 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your head.
Oops.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#87509 Apr 24, 2013
I have not read anywhere that there was anything before the Creation that is given in the Bible. I read of a beginning of this heaven and earth which includes all things in our universe and I read of an end to this heaven and earth at some point.

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#87510 Apr 24, 2013
Creation + Evolution = Us All

Luv Lu

(((*()*)))

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#87511 Apr 24, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Such a scenario isn’t as crazy as it sounds. Our universe is expanding and becoming increasingly dilute, and the high-entropy future will be one in which space is essentially empty. But quantum mechanics assures us that empty space is not a quiet, boring place; it’s alive and bubbling with quantum fluctuations—ephemeral, virtual particles flitting in and out of existence. According to a theory known as the “inflationary universe scenario,” all we need is for a tiny patch of space to be filled with a very high density of dark energy—energy that is inherent in the fabric of space itself. That dark energy will fuel a spontaneous, super-accelerated expansion, stretching the infinitesimal patch to universal proportions.
Empty space, in which omnipresent quantum fields are jiggling back and forth, is a natural, high-entropy state for the universe. Eventually (and we’re talking about a really, really big eventually) the fluctuations will conspire in just the right way to fill a tiny patch of space with dark energy, setting off the ultra-fast expansion. To any forms of life arising afterward, such as us, the inflation would look like a giant explosion from which the universe originated, and the quiescent background—the other universes—would be completely unobservable. Such an occurrence would look exactly like the Big Bang and the universe we experience.
The most appealing aspect of this idea, Chen and I have argued, is that over the vast scale of the entire universe, time is actually symmetric and the laws truly don’t care about which direction it is moving. In our patch of the cosmos, time just so happens to be moving forward because of its initial low entropy, but there are others where this is not the case. The far past and the far future are filled with these other baby universes, and they would each think that the other had its arrow of time backwards. Time’s arrow isn’t a basic aspect of the universe as a whole, just a hallmark of the little bit we see. Over a long enough period of time, a baby universe such as ours would have been birthed into existence naturally. Our observable universe and its hundred billion galaxies is just one of those things that happens every once in a while, and its arrow of time is just a quirk of chance due to its beginnings amid a sea of universes.
Interesting that kjv is posting evidence that the universe is 14 billion years old and Genesis is wrong.

Well done.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#87512 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The Jews (supposedly) slaughtered the Canaanites and blamed it on god. The Nazi claimed "Gott mit uns" while they slaughtered the Jews.

Blowhard is one of those who are incapable of understanding that hating what humans have done in the name of their god(s) is not the same as hating god(s). If he/she/it even exists. And, if not, there is nothing to hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 25 min Trouser Cough 30,298
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min andet1987 7,521
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 30 min Trouser Cough 55,257
I Like..... (Mar '14) 30 min andet1987 476
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 32 min Trouser Cough 40,715
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 34 min Wolftracks 4,319
A six word game (Dec '08) 36 min Trouser Cough 18,035
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Roy 152,427
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr poopie 116
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Dr Wu 77