Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87300 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Chippy often overestiamtes his facility with rational thought...
he never overestimates his ability to deny the truth in front of his face...his cult has taught him well in that regard.
Delusion and confusion, all in one.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87301 Apr 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Because it does not belongs to you or any one else here. It belongs to the English( people of England).
Not any more Chuckles.

Why do you keep saying this when you know it isn't so.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87302 Apr 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more Chuckles.
Why do you keep saying this when you know it isn't so.
Do you want to bring back the old wounds?
You have been beating several times, and still expecting more.
English had its origin, no where but England.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#87303 Apr 22, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more;
"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-
Mark I had to delete some of your stuff here so I could have some room to reply

Gosh Mark, I don’t even know where to start on your reply to my post.
I guess I’ll just wade right in. First off you are totally wrong in your assessment of where archaeology stands today….ALL of your references are very outdated, and so much has happened in archaeology and DNA science since those authors where quoted.
You write:
“Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more; “
Of course it’s anti-Bible. If someone says Adam and Eve never existed, you can bet on it being Anti-Bible.
Last I heard no one has found Sodom and Gomorrah or 100K burned skeletons, and Zoar was never affected by anything. Also I found no reference to Abraham or Lot in the data about Ebla. What are your sources??
You write:
“"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-“
Well let’s see now….archaeology and Paleoanthropology has found and confirmed with bone and DNA evidence that humans (Homo-sapiens) have been roaming the earth for 200,000 years. DNA has confirmed that most people on earth (except sub-Saharan Africans) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood. This is the result of humans and Neanderthals mating and producing viable & fertile offspring (45 to 60 thousand years ago). Since Neanderthals died out about 30,000 years ago this is another confirming bit of information that humans have been around far more than 6,000 years.
Anyway this confirmation that humans and Neanderthals successfully mated makes our human connection to earlier Homo specimens, some that roamed around as far back as a million plus years ago. Homo-habilis, Homo-ergaster, Homo-erectus, Homo-heidelbergensis, etc have long been thought to be pre-cursors to Homo-sapiens. Now we know they are.
Beside the tie-in to the ancient Homo species that DNA has confirmed, it has also shown us that the human genome has NEVER been down to 1 mating pair (or 4 for Noah believers).

Continued--

Level 9

Iquique

#87304 Apr 22, 2013
For Mark---continuation from thewordofme.

Continued--
So there is one thing from your Biblical history that we know for a fact is wrong. There was never an Adam and Eve couple that was the mother and father of the human race some 6,000 years ago. One thing
We know the earth is WAY older than 6,000 years old….so is the universe. Two things
We know for a fact there was never a time in earth’s history, except MAYBE over 2 billion years ago, that the earth was totally covered in water. There is a total lack of data to back up a Flood. Ask any competent geologists near you. Three things.
From archaeology we know for a fact that there was never a Tower of Babel incident where God came down and changed our common language. Because we know for a fact that humans were spread ALL over the earth (except Antarctica) by 15,000 years ago…possibly earlier. They were not grunting at each other, they were speaking. Four things
From archaeology we find that after looking and re-looking for over a hundred years archaeologists have been unable to find EVEN ONE bit of evidence to support the Exodus of Moses and the Hebrew people from Egypt. There is nothing at all to be found in the Sinai desert to support 1 mullion + people crossing and re-crossing it for 40 years. There are two ISRAELI archaeologists (Finkelstein and Herzog) who have done the latest surveys and they concur. Five things.
Those same two Israeli archaeologists have also concurred with Kathleen Kenyon’s (and others) earlier findings that Jericho was uninhabited at the time of Joshua. So was Ai and most of the other ‘conquests’ of the Hebrews. Six things
Oh, by the way, it wasn’t archaeologists, but Biblical scholars who have determined that Moses did not write the Pentateuch. He may have never existed. If you would check with mainline Biblical scholars you will find that they think the Pentateuch was written somewhere around the Babylonian Exile by pious anonymous authors. Seven things.
Just one more thing here….if Adam and Eve never existed (and they really didn’t) of what use was Jesus???
You write:
“"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-“
Continued--

Level 9

Iquique

#87305 Apr 22, 2013
Continued--

For Mark

See all of my words above here. A thing to consider is that we know the Bible describes people and some places accurately, but it also describes happenings that we KNOW for a fact are not true.

You write:
“"The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. The Bible can stand for itself." - Dr. William F. Albright –“

Ah, good ol’ Dr. Albright. He was a kinda’ good archaeologist and a kinda’ good scientist. He had a serious problem though. He did not use the scientific method properly and he thereby contaminated most of his work.

In archaeology, or any other science, you DO NOT make the conclusion first and then try to find evidence to back you up. You DO NOT say,“OK we ‘know’ there was a flood so let’s see if we can find evidence to back it up.” Much of his work is under review. Look him up in Google.

You write:
“On the whole, however, archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine....Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. It has shown, in a number of instances, that these views rest on false assumptions and unreal, artificial schemes of historical development." - Millar Burrows, Professor of Archaeology at Yale University, What Mean These Stones?, Meridian Books, New York, NY, 1956, p. 1 –“

You really should consider newer sources my friend. The earth sciences have undergone a renaissance in the last 25 or so years. Many, many of the old ‘truths’ are not true anymore.

You write:
“"It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value..- Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.”

Sir Frederic Kenyon was Kathleen Kenyon’s father and the daughter upset some of the professors’ work. Again, you need to keep up on what has been happening since the 1940’s and 50’s.

I have seen the Dead Sea Scrolls and have followed the story for years.--end--

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87306 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Because it does not belongs to you or any one else here. It belongs to the English( people of England).
Which has nothing to do with the fact that you're, ahem, less than proficient in its use.

Also, you're dull.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#87307 Apr 22, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
If there was no Spiderman, you would not be posting there was no Spiderman.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87309 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> They have oils. Is it marketable, yes or no?
Are they importing instead of exporting?
yes, but since they make up less than 1/20th of our oil use, you claim that most of the raw materials used for the development of the US doesn't even come close in this particular raw material, does it? not even close...

not only has it been disproven that MOST of the Raw mkaterials used to build the US came from Africa, you have yet to find even ONE category in which that is true. not even one. not one.

your big flappy mouth wrote a check you brain, and the facts, couldn't cash.

St. Croix valley

#87310 Apr 22, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Ooops!! perhaps you've missed Infinite force's posts?

wow, you can't even get the facts straight about the page you are posting on! a new record of failure...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87311 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you want to bring back the old wounds?
You have been beating several times, and still expecting more.
English had its origin, no where but England.
Chuckles, you have never beaten anyone, especially when it comes to this language that you cannot speak.

Let's see you prove that where a language started has anything to do with who "owns" it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87312 Apr 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckles, you have never beaten anyone, especially when it comes to this language that you cannot speak.
Let's see you prove that where a language started has anything to do with who "owns" it.
Pfftt. Chuck has learned (or at least been told, which is not the same thing) that English has its origins in Germanic languages, Latin, Greek, French - damned near everything.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#87314 Apr 22, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Evoution = religion/cult
You poor little man.

St. Croix valley

#87319 Apr 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok , Messiah, i think i've got your Crucifixion skitiation all figured out here...

i'm all squared off with my bookie, so the forced crucifixtion is off. i got an Indonesian factory to make about a million knockoffs of your tissue to sell and paid him back with those proceeds.( the irony of having the most muslim nation making tissues from the messiah was not lost on me...)

so take your time with your miracles and such. do some fishing with your buds, knock back a few loaves and liters...

now, lets talk marketing! i'm in talks with some HBO execs about a three part mini-series,live shoot, full manuscript control for you and Apostles Inc., shot in Vancouver with some great options for leading ladies. if we start production by early june, we can get it aired and onto discs just in time for the gift -giving season.

Call me , babe!(little smarmy thumb to pinky phone wave by the ear...)

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#87320 Apr 22, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! Maybe that's why I never posted there was no Spider-Man.
Inferring that there IS a spiderman?
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#87321 Apr 22, 2013
I don't get it.
Why are you people in here talking this point to death still?

Isn't it a moot point now that we are creating our own evolution? I think the more important question that most scientists fail to ask themselves and answer is should we do it?!

Level 2

Location hidden

#87322 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which has nothing to do with the fact that you're, ahem, less than proficient in its use.
Also, you're dull.
Likewise. Since you are not English, English language is still not your strong suit.
Celtic English is strange to English English. It is vernacullar.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87323 Apr 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but since they make up less than 1/20th of our oil use, you claim that most of the raw materials used for the development of the US doesn't even come close in this particular raw material, does it? not even close...
not only has it been disproven that MOST of the Raw mkaterials used to build the US came from Africa, you have yet to find even ONE category in which that is true. not even one. not one.
your big flappy mouth wrote a check you brain, and the facts, couldn't cash.
The US is a nation rich in many natural resources, but Africa is a continent that contributed to the development of US and more to Europe.
Now answer my question, why do you import oils instead of exporting, when you have it in abundance?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87325 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfftt. Chuck has learned (or at least been told, which is not the same thing) that English has its origins in Germanic languages, Latin, Greek, French - damned near everything.
You are the one that needs proper education on linguistics.
All languages have one or more influences from other languages, English is not the only language with that form, Latin, Greek, French, German, etc, are also part of that.
Germanic language is not German, but includes English, German, Dutch, Danish, etc.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87326 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The US is a nation rich in many natural resources, but Africa is a continent that contributed to the development of US and more to Europe.
Now answer my question, why do you import oils instead of exporting, when you have it in abundance?
That is called being smart. When others run out we will still have reserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Princess Hey 36,606
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 min AmyFaith 6,375
Ebola in America 7 min Get A Grip 8
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17
Man dies crossing street to Del. funeral home 13 min justaguess 9
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min Flower-Child 17,377
Hi there I'm Dominant woman looking for a submi... 18 min STD 2
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 32 min Spotted Girl 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Wolftracks 147,645
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 44 min Advisory Committee 21,362