Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
82,501 - 82,520 of 114,410 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Then link your evidence.

Come on this is not the 20th century any longer. Your information is out on the internet somewhere.
http://carm.org/how-long-was-jesus-dead-tomb
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
KJV, you lose by going to a dictionary when debating scientific terms.

That is the mark of a pure loser.

I will find some article that back up my claims.

Meanwhile let's seem some real Biblical scholars that claim that Jesus died on a Wednesday afternoon and arose early Saturday evening.
Oh yea I forgot science doesn't like being lock down to facts.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Ooh, an article aimed at KJV:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-sta...

Probably still to difficult for him. As I said not all scientists think that the universe had to start at the Big Bang. Brane theory, which is part of string theory, states that it the Big Bang could have been the product of two Membranes colliding. Don't ask me, I don't know. All I do know is that the Big Bang may not be the start of everything. It was the start of our universe as we know it.

Right now string theory and all of its derivatives are not proper theories. At best they are untested hypotheses. Of course many scientific ideas when they first appeared were untested hypotheses. Even Galileo's work with gravity was an untested hypothesis until he ran his first experiments.
Tell me what you believe.

Does the Universe (the word universe as known to the English speaking world)
have an age? You know a beginning?
Or do you believe it was alway there?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Friday afternoon"
Ooops look like you've not done your research.
"Matthew 12:40 and discover the true story. Jesus said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Now turn to John 11:9 and read this rhetorical question by Jesus, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight?" By putting these two verses together we see Jesus establishes he would spend in the heart of the earth 36 hours (3x12) for day and 36 hours (3x12) for night. Therefore, we know the three days and three nights he spoke of in Matthew 12 would have to equal 72 hours. In John 19:31 we read, "Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath…"
Continued.....
No, just no.

The prophesy says 3 days and 3 three nights.

No amount of playing will change the fact that 3 days and 3 nights is 72 hours, not 36 hours.

So wrong. Try again.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Ooh, an article aimed at KJV:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-sta...

Probably still to difficult for him. As I said not all scientists think that the universe had to start at the Big Bang. Brane theory, which is part of string theory, states that it the Big Bang could have been the product of two Membranes colliding. Don't ask me, I don't know. All I do know is that the Big Bang may not be the start of everything. It was the start of our universe as we know it.

Right now string theory and all of its derivatives are not proper theories. At best they are untested hypotheses. Of course many scientific ideas when they first appeared were untested hypotheses. Even Galileo's work with gravity was an untested hypothesis until he ran his first experiments.
I'm not talking about the BB.
I'm talking about the start of the universe. I couldn't care less if the BB doesn't try and explain the very beginning of the universe. So lets start over, how old is the universe? Or did it always exist?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, just no.

The prophesy says 3 days and 3 three nights.

No amount of playing will change the fact that 3 days and 3 nights is 72 hours, not 36 hours.

So wrong. Try again.
So you can't read. I see

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what you believe.
Does the Universe (the word universe as known to the English speaking world)
have an age? You know a beginning?
Or do you believe it was alway there?
What is wrong with me saying that as far as we can tell the Big Bang was the start of the universe?

That is precise enough and allows for the fact that we cannot be one hundred percent sure when everything began. Perhaps in the future we will know more, but it is rank foolishness to say that the Big Bang was the ultimate start of the universe. True scientists will always admit that something may have happened before it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't read. I see
No, I CAN read, that is the problem. I even quoted the prophesy, I don't remember if I linked it. He clearly states "3 days AND 3 nights" (emphasis mine). That is 72 hours. Would you like to try again?

And of course this is only one of many failed prophesies in the Bible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the BB.
I'm talking about the start of the universe. I couldn't care less if the BB doesn't try and explain the very beginning of the universe. So lets start over, how old is the universe? Or did it always exist?
The universe is at least 13.55 billion years old. Right now that is all we can say for sure, right now.

Why do you ask foolish questions? Oh, yes, because you are a fool.
Why

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

What

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and we did not import oil from Africa as our nation developed. even now with 50%+ increase in African oil imports, in the last decade, they make up 1/10th of our imports so less than 1/20th of our oil use.
sorry chuck you just openly lied again and when shown the facts, you deny the truth in front of your face...again...
In addition, their marketability status can never be compared to that of Africa. Period.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Your God is made up just like all the others...and just like Satan.

God you guys are gullible.

UFO's are not a almost daily concern or such a part of life to many people.

I don't give a crap if some nut thinks he's been abducted.

I DO give a crap if some religious nuts try to replace science with religion in our public schools.

I am happy to contribute my part to disprove religion.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Why wrote:
What
When

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Why wrote:
What
Where
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
In the Biblical sense Adam and Eve did not exist. The story of men and women living on this earth far transcends the petty story found in the Bible. Adam and Eve were not the beginning of the human race; they are nothing more than a footnote in a fictive mythological story written by some of our ancestors. The story of humans goes back many hundreds of thousands of years and is spread over the whole earth. We did not come from two progenitors 6000+- years ago.
We humans also have sciences now that can read the ancient stories entwined in our blood. The stories that are told there….are not the stories of the Bible. We did not spread out all over the earth from “East of Eden” 6000 years ago.
Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more;

"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-

"The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. The Bible can stand for itself." - Dr. William F. Albright -

"On the whole, however, archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine....Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. It has shown, in a number of instances, that these views rest on false assumptions and unreal, artificial schemes of historical development." - Millar Burrows, Professor of Archaeology at Yale University, What Mean These Stones?, Meridian Books, New York, NY, 1956, p. 1 -

"It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value..- Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.

The Dead Sea Scrolls had portions of nearly every Old Testament book and the entire volume of Issiah - the book that had the most prophecies concerning Christ. Nice museum in Jerusalem built around the find - Dome of the Book

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Mark, where are your links that support these claims?

Creationists have been shown to be liars many many times in the past. For that reason any claims must be supported by links.

And quoting an ignorant or biased archaeologist really does not support your case too much.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
In the Biblical sense Adam and Eve did not exist. The story of men and women living on this earth far transcends the petty story found in the Bible. Adam and Eve were not the beginning of the human race; they are nothing more than a footnote in a fictive mythological story written by some of our ancestors. The story of humans goes back many hundreds of thousands of years and is spread over the whole earth. We did not come from two progenitors 6000+- years ago. Our footprints, handprints, tools, habitats, art, and handiwork have been found all over the globe going back a hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, and many more years.
We humans have a history that is told in archaeological artifacts and human bones and pottery and stunning artwork on cave walls. We find finely crafted spearheads in animals that have not walked the earth for over 10,000 years, we find Homo sapiens skeletons superimposed with Neanderthal bones in Israeli caves from 50,000 years ago, we find 10,000 year old graveyards in the middle of the Sahara desert…relics from a time when the Sahara was green and home to ancient animals and human societies.
The stories that are told there….are not the stories of the Bible. We did not spread out all over the earth from “East of Eden” 6000 years ago.
Well, I don't agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated from sources who have anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more being unearthed yearly;

"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-

"The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. The Bible can stand for itself." - Dr. William F. Albright

"On the whole, however, archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine....Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. It has shown, in a number of instances, that these views rest on false assumptions and unreal, artificial schemes of historical development." - Millar Burrows, Professor of Archaeology at Yale University, What Mean These Stones?, Meridian Books, New York, NY, 1956, p. 1 -

"It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value..- Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.

Again we are back to socially accepted dogma, truth to you, error to me. Nice museum in Jerusalem built around the Old Testament - Dome of the Book
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Mark, where are your links that support these claims?
Creationists have been shown to be liars many many times in the past. For that reason any claims must be supported by links.
And quoting an ignorant or biased archaeologist really does not support your case too much.
The references are there. Look up the Dome, the entire book of Issiah with all those messianic prophesies surviving complete since Christ's time. Real people doing their life-work that upsets the secular bias. As long as students in this field never see their work all is fine for your side. I have heard all this stuff from the new school, its baseless. Too bad for them, the Knesset started a big Bible study this year!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The references are there. Look up the Dome, the entire book of Issiah with all those messianic prophesies surviving complete since Christ's time. Real people doing their life-work that upsets the secular bias. As long as students in this field never see their work all is fine for your side. I have heard all this stuff from the new school, its baseless. Too bad for them, the Knesset started a big Bible study this year!
I am not doing your homework for you.

When I make a claim about evolution I am more than happy to offer links. You are the one making a positive claim. With no evidence you claims can be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Theists like you live and dream words written long ago, your life has no meaning for you except in these ancient texts. And you look back, to find these words to keep going into the future.

Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
us loving life and willing that it will continue.
Will find the way by looking forward.

When we pass , in the street you will know who we are , for we are the ones looking where we are going....and not where we been.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

196 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Reevely: The strange rush to ban e-cigarettes 3 min HumanSpirit 3
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min tiger_-_dad 137,406
Weird sea critters invade West Coast beaches 3 min Gihgen 22
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 18,071
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Mister_ E 143,813
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 15
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 14 min beatlesinthebog 6,742
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 41 min eleanorigby 35,863
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr beatlesinthebog 500
•••
•••