Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173332 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87284 Apr 21, 2013
An interesting article from a believer who shows that no day fits all of the verses in the Bible. It shows why it could have been Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. The problem is that all of the days are inconsistent with some other part of the Bible:

http://www.gotquestions.org/three-days.html

In other words the Bible contradicts itself even over the most important event in Christianity.

But then we knew that already. The Gospels have four different versions of who went to see Jesus, when they went to see him, what they saw at the tomb, and who they talked to afterwards.
KJV

United States

#87285 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Theists like you live and dream words written long ago, your life has no meaning for you except in these ancient texts. And you look back, to find these words to keep going into the future.

Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
us loving life and willing that it will continue.
Will find the way by looking forward.

When we pass , in the street you will know who we are , for we are the ones looking where we are going....and not where we been.
"Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
Will find the way by looking forward."

Then why are you on these atheist boards attacking Theist?

Really makes no sense "us loving life"
And "us hating theist"

Me thinks you lie.

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#87287 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure it can. it can just be. and then evolve.
you have a very limited mind. open up your imagination and think beyond your cult indoctrination...you can do it...you are better than those that try to control you. i have FAITH in your brain!
have faith that both do not mutally exlude one another.

both are true.

The question is what came first?
The Dancer or the dance?

“The Edge”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#87288 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
And "us hating theist"
Me thinks you lie.
Atheist boards? Attacking theists? Are you on drugs?

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#87289 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
Never became a priest, I couldn't, I'm not a pedophile.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87290 Apr 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In addition, their marketability status can never be compared to that of Africa. Period.
if only that had made a lick of sense...

face it Chaz, you made a stupid statement that was absolutely incorrect, and i clearly showed you how and why....man up to it.

St. Croix valley

#87291 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist boards? Attacking theists? Are you on drugs?
he's not very bright..he can[t figure out that this is also on other forums, like the US politics one I only post on.

you have to remember with KLV...you are dealing with the intellect of a child. a cult mentality that cannot think for itself.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

butler, pa

#87292 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And "us hating theist"
Me thinks you lie.
Aura has to keep posting and preaching athiesm like jimmy swaggart while complaining about anything and everything.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87293 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if only that had made a lick of sense...
face it Chaz, you made a stupid statement that was absolutely incorrect, and i clearly showed you how and why....man up to it.
Chaz occasionally overestimates his facility with the English language.

St. Croix valley

#87294 Apr 21, 2013
Tooth4U wrote:
<quoted text>
have faith that both do not mutally exlude one another.
both are true.
The question is what came first?
The Dancer or the dance?
what are not mutually exclusive?

the dancer came first. dance was not just there, the human dancer thought it up.

St. Croix valley

#87295 Apr 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Chaz occasionally overestimates his facility with the English language.
Chippy often overestiamtes his facility with rational thought...

he never overestimates his ability to deny the truth in front of his face...his cult has taught him well in that regard.
Historian

Robbinsville, NC

#87296 Apr 21, 2013
The relative modern Christian lacks the capacity to understand the divergence between righteousness and self righteousness.

Let us,PLEASE,just get along with one another.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87297 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Chippy often overestiamtes his facility with rational thought...
he never overestimates his ability to deny the truth in front of his face...his cult has taught him well in that regard.
Hehehe.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87298 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if only that had made a lick of sense...
They have oils. Is it marketable, yes or no?
Are they importing instead of exporting?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87299 Apr 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Chaz occasionally overestimates his facility with the English language.
Because it does not belongs to you or any one else here. It belongs to the English( people of England).

Level 2

Location hidden

#87300 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Chippy often overestiamtes his facility with rational thought...
Delusion and confusion, all in one.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87301 Apr 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Because it does not belongs to you or any one else here. It belongs to the English( people of England).
Not any more Chuckles.

Why do you keep saying this when you know it isn't so.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87302 Apr 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more Chuckles.
Why do you keep saying this when you know it isn't so.
Do you want to bring back the old wounds?
You have been beating several times, and still expecting more.
English had its origin, no where but England.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#87303 Apr 22, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more;
"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-
Mark I had to delete some of your stuff here so I could have some room to reply

Gosh Mark, I don’t even know where to start on your reply to my post.
I guess I’ll just wade right in. First off you are totally wrong in your assessment of where archaeology stands today….ALL of your references are very outdated, and so much has happened in archaeology and DNA science since those authors where quoted.
You write:
“Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more; “
Of course it’s anti-Bible. If someone says Adam and Eve never existed, you can bet on it being Anti-Bible.
Last I heard no one has found Sodom and Gomorrah or 100K burned skeletons, and Zoar was never affected by anything. Also I found no reference to Abraham or Lot in the data about Ebla. What are your sources??
You write:
“"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-“
Well let’s see now….archaeology and Paleoanthropology has found and confirmed with bone and DNA evidence that humans (Homo-sapiens) have been roaming the earth for 200,000 years. DNA has confirmed that most people on earth (except sub-Saharan Africans) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood. This is the result of humans and Neanderthals mating and producing viable & fertile offspring (45 to 60 thousand years ago). Since Neanderthals died out about 30,000 years ago this is another confirming bit of information that humans have been around far more than 6,000 years.
Anyway this confirmation that humans and Neanderthals successfully mated makes our human connection to earlier Homo specimens, some that roamed around as far back as a million plus years ago. Homo-habilis, Homo-ergaster, Homo-erectus, Homo-heidelbergensis, etc have long been thought to be pre-cursors to Homo-sapiens. Now we know they are.
Beside the tie-in to the ancient Homo species that DNA has confirmed, it has also shown us that the human genome has NEVER been down to 1 mating pair (or 4 for Noah believers).

Continued--

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#87304 Apr 22, 2013
For Mark---continuation from thewordofme.

Continued--
So there is one thing from your Biblical history that we know for a fact is wrong. There was never an Adam and Eve couple that was the mother and father of the human race some 6,000 years ago. One thing
We know the earth is WAY older than 6,000 years old….so is the universe. Two things
We know for a fact there was never a time in earth’s history, except MAYBE over 2 billion years ago, that the earth was totally covered in water. There is a total lack of data to back up a Flood. Ask any competent geologists near you. Three things.
From archaeology we know for a fact that there was never a Tower of Babel incident where God came down and changed our common language. Because we know for a fact that humans were spread ALL over the earth (except Antarctica) by 15,000 years ago…possibly earlier. They were not grunting at each other, they were speaking. Four things
From archaeology we find that after looking and re-looking for over a hundred years archaeologists have been unable to find EVEN ONE bit of evidence to support the Exodus of Moses and the Hebrew people from Egypt. There is nothing at all to be found in the Sinai desert to support 1 mullion + people crossing and re-crossing it for 40 years. There are two ISRAELI archaeologists (Finkelstein and Herzog) who have done the latest surveys and they concur. Five things.
Those same two Israeli archaeologists have also concurred with Kathleen Kenyon’s (and others) earlier findings that Jericho was uninhabited at the time of Joshua. So was Ai and most of the other ‘conquests’ of the Hebrews. Six things
Oh, by the way, it wasn’t archaeologists, but Biblical scholars who have determined that Moses did not write the Pentateuch. He may have never existed. If you would check with mainline Biblical scholars you will find that they think the Pentateuch was written somewhere around the Babylonian Exile by pious anonymous authors. Seven things.
Just one more thing here….if Adam and Eve never existed (and they really didn’t) of what use was Jesus???
You write:
“"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-“
Continued--

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 20 min grace-fallen 3,051
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min wichita-rick 169,153
News Colorado Police Chief Helps Deliver Own Daughte... 34 min wichita-rick 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grandma 43,338
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 1,159
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 3,211
Words that annoy you? 1 hr simple 1
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 4 hr andet1987 591
More from around the web