Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
82,481 - 82,500 of 115,247 Comments Last updated 32 min ago
KJV

United States

#87255 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
KJV, I see that you still did not read your own Bible.

Jesus said specifically that he would be dead three days and three nights.

Let's do the math. Crucifixion is supposed to be a slow death, but they rushed it a bit for Jesus probably because there was a high holiday coming up. So instead of taking a day or two it was done in only one afternoon. So dead late Friday afternoon, let's say 5:00 PM, though it could have been later. It is very doubtful that it would be much earlier.

So we start the clock. 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM Saturday is close enough to call one night. 5:00 Am Saturday to 5:00 PM Saturday and now we are at one night and one day. 5:00 PM Saturday until 5:00 AM Sunday morning and we have Two nights and one day. That is close enough to the latest he would have risen by since we know that the first women arrived at just about sunrise, none of the Gospels is sure whether it was before or after sunrise, but at any rate Jesus was up and gone by then. Sine he definitely would have to have undergone the three S's first 5:00 AM is a perfectly reasonable time.

So Jesus was dead two nights and one day. And yet he predicted he would be dead a full 3 nights and 3 days.

What happened? Are you saying that Jesus can't count? Are you saying that the apostles panicked and robbed the grave too soon?

At any rate Jesus did not follow his own prophesy.
"Therefore, we see that the Sabbath in John 19:31 is not the regular Saturday Sabbath observed on non-festival weeks, but rather a special Passover Sabbath, which commenced on Wednesday at sunset, rather than Friday at sunset. Not only did it start on Wednesday at sunset... but it continued on through three days until Saturday at sunset when the Passover celebration ended. "

More......

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87256 Apr 21, 2013
Ooh, an article aimed at KJV:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-sta...

Probably still to difficult for him. As I said not all scientists think that the universe had to start at the Big Bang. Brane theory, which is part of string theory, states that it the Big Bang could have been the product of two Membranes colliding. Don't ask me, I don't know. All I do know is that the Big Bang may not be the start of everything. It was the start of our universe as we know it.

Right now string theory and all of its derivatives are not proper theories. At best they are untested hypotheses. Of course many scientific ideas when they first appeared were untested hypotheses. Even Galileo's work with gravity was an untested hypothesis until he ran his first experiments.
KJV

United States

#87257 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

"This is why you read about the women returning to Jesus' tomb early on the first day of the week (Sunday). This is because the special 3 day Sabbath had ended and they were very eager to get back to the tomb to add more spices to his body. So now that we see Jesus was crucified on Wednesday, let's go to Luke 23: 44-46 to pinpoint the time he died. "It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour… Jesus called out with a loud voice, Father into your hands I commit
my spirit. When he had said this, he breathed his last." When it says the ninth hour, it means the ninth hour since the break of day. In other words, it was about three o'clock in the afternoon when Jesus died. Then after obtaining permission from Pilate,(which could have easily taken 1-2 hours) Jesus was taken down from the cross and hurriedly buried just before sundown, probably sometime around 6:00 p.m. Remember that Jewish Sabbath days begins at sundown on one day and end at sundown the next. In Leviticus 23:32, God stated, "From the evening… until the following evening you are to observe your Sabbath." So if you count 72 hours from late Wednesday afternoon at around 5-6:00 p.m., you will see that Jesus would have risen and left his tomb at around 5-6:00 p.m. on Saturday. Therefore, a Sunday resurrection is not what the Bible reveals to us at all. We do read in Luke 24: 1-3, "On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus." Clearly, those who arrived at the tomb early Sunday morning discovered an empty tomb, not Jesus rising from the dead in front of them. So to answer your question… "How did Jesus die on Friday and rise on Sunday and is said to have been dead for 3 days?" He didn't die on Friday… being the Son of God, his divine spirit departed his human body while on the cross Wednesday afternoon, his earthly body was then placed in a tomb near sunset that same day. His spirit returned to his body at sunset on Saturday to resurrect as a glorified earthly body.His body was soon discovered missing from the tomb early Sunday morning by his followers.
Which begs the question - where did his spirit go for those three days? Many bible verses are involved, but the summary is this... he went to Paradise (in the heart of the earth) and took all there to heaven. "

More....
KJV

United States

#87258 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Let's do the math. Crucifixion is supposed to be a slow death, but they rushed it a bit for Jesus probably because there was a high holiday coming up. So instead of taking a day or two it was done in only one afternoon. So dead late Friday afternoon, let's say 5:00 PM, though it could have been later. It is very doubtful that it would be much earlier.

So we start the clock. 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM Saturday is close enough to call one night. 5:00 Am Saturday to 5:00 PM Saturday and now we are at one night and one day. 5:00 PM Saturday until 5:00 AM Sunday morning and we have Two nights and one day. That is close enough to the latest he would have risen by since we know that the first women arrived at just about sunrise, none of the Gospels is sure whether it was before or after sunrise, but at any rate Jesus was up and gone by then. Sine he definitely would have to have undergone the three S's first 5:00 AM is a perfectly reasonable time.

So Jesus was dead two nights and one day. And yet he predicted he would be dead a full 3 nights and 3 days.

What happened? Are you saying that Jesus can't count? Are you saying that the apostles panicked and robbed the grave too soon?

At any rate Jesus did not follow his own prophesy.
"Paradise was a temporal place for believers of the "Coming Messiah" from the Garden of Eden to The Cross. The last person to enter Paradise was one of the criminals who hung on the cross next to Jesus. The reason believers of the "Coming Messiah" could not enter heaven upon their death, was due to the fact that Jesus had to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind - past, present and
future so they could obtain right standing with God through the substitutionary atonement of His death on the cross. Jesus rightfully so... went straight to Paradise to bring the Old Testament believers to heaven, as they now had right standing with God. In Paradise were famous believers like Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Daniel, Jeremiah, and many others too numerous to list. As well as the throngs of nameless believers of the Old Testament. Therefore, Jesus was quite busy those three days with moving multitudes of believers from Paradise to Heaven, and getting them settled into their new mansion homes in heaven. What a glorious time that must have been! Three days later, he returned to his human body on earth, rose from the dead, and remained on earth for an additional forty days. He performed many important tasks during this time, with the most important being to prepare the disciples for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, ten days after his ascension, on the Day of Pentecost. "

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#87259 Apr 21, 2013
Must be the reason they call it apologetics .
Long long apology and excuses why the math doesn't add up and such by stretching the truth and lying about it.
KJV

United States

#87260 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
LOL, I missed the post where KJV is trying to upset 2,000 years of Christian tradition by claiming that Jesus was crucified on Wednesday and rose Saturday afternoon. It was such an embarrassing claim he forgot to source it. In other words even KJV knows that it is a pathetic lie.
http://carm.org/how-long-was-jesus-dead-tomb
KJV

United States

#87261 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Then link your evidence.

Come on this is not the 20th century any longer. Your information is out on the internet somewhere.
http://carm.org/how-long-was-jesus-dead-tomb
KJV

United States

#87262 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
KJV, you lose by going to a dictionary when debating scientific terms.

That is the mark of a pure loser.

I will find some article that back up my claims.

Meanwhile let's seem some real Biblical scholars that claim that Jesus died on a Wednesday afternoon and arose early Saturday evening.
Oh yea I forgot science doesn't like being lock down to facts.
KJV

United States

#87263 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Probably still to difficult for him. As I said not all scientists think that the universe had to start at the Big Bang. Brane theory, which is part of string theory, states that it the Big Bang could have been the product of two Membranes colliding. Don't ask me, I don't know. All I do know is that the Big Bang may not be the start of everything. It was the start of our universe as we know it.

Right now string theory and all of its derivatives are not proper theories. At best they are untested hypotheses. Of course many scientific ideas when they first appeared were untested hypotheses. Even Galileo's work with gravity was an untested hypothesis until he ran his first experiments.
Tell me what you believe.

Does the Universe (the word universe as known to the English speaking world)
have an age? You know a beginning?
Or do you believe it was alway there?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87264 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Friday afternoon"
Ooops look like you've not done your research.
"Matthew 12:40 and discover the true story. Jesus said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Now turn to John 11:9 and read this rhetorical question by Jesus, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight?" By putting these two verses together we see Jesus establishes he would spend in the heart of the earth 36 hours (3x12) for day and 36 hours (3x12) for night. Therefore, we know the three days and three nights he spoke of in Matthew 12 would have to equal 72 hours. In John 19:31 we read, "Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath…"
Continued.....
No, just no.

The prophesy says 3 days and 3 three nights.

No amount of playing will change the fact that 3 days and 3 nights is 72 hours, not 36 hours.

So wrong. Try again.
KJV

United States

#87265 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

I'm not talking about the BB.
I'm talking about the start of the universe. I couldn't care less if the BB doesn't try and explain the very beginning of the universe. So lets start over, how old is the universe? Or did it always exist?
KJV

United States

#87266 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, just no.

The prophesy says 3 days and 3 three nights.

No amount of playing will change the fact that 3 days and 3 nights is 72 hours, not 36 hours.

So wrong. Try again.
So you can't read. I see

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87267 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what you believe.
Does the Universe (the word universe as known to the English speaking world)
have an age? You know a beginning?
Or do you believe it was alway there?
What is wrong with me saying that as far as we can tell the Big Bang was the start of the universe?

That is precise enough and allows for the fact that we cannot be one hundred percent sure when everything began. Perhaps in the future we will know more, but it is rank foolishness to say that the Big Bang was the ultimate start of the universe. True scientists will always admit that something may have happened before it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87268 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't read. I see
No, I CAN read, that is the problem. I even quoted the prophesy, I don't remember if I linked it. He clearly states "3 days AND 3 nights" (emphasis mine). That is 72 hours. Would you like to try again?

And of course this is only one of many failed prophesies in the Bible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87269 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the BB.
I'm talking about the start of the universe. I couldn't care less if the BB doesn't try and explain the very beginning of the universe. So lets start over, how old is the universe? Or did it always exist?
The universe is at least 13.55 billion years old. Right now that is all we can say for sure, right now.

Why do you ask foolish questions? Oh, yes, because you are a fool.
Why

Saint Louis, MO

#87270 Apr 21, 2013
What

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87271 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and we did not import oil from Africa as our nation developed. even now with 50%+ increase in African oil imports, in the last decade, they make up 1/10th of our imports so less than 1/20th of our oil use.
sorry chuck you just openly lied again and when shown the facts, you deny the truth in front of your face...again...
In addition, their marketability status can never be compared to that of Africa. Period.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#87272 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Your God is made up just like all the others...and just like Satan.

God you guys are gullible.

UFO's are not a almost daily concern or such a part of life to many people.

I don't give a crap if some nut thinks he's been abducted.

I DO give a crap if some religious nuts try to replace science with religion in our public schools.

I am happy to contribute my part to disprove religion.

Level 9

Tenerife

#87273 Apr 21, 2013
Why wrote:
What
When

Level 9

Tenerife

#87274 Apr 21, 2013
Why wrote:
What
Where

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's BLUE! (Oct '11) 3 min Princess Hey 275
Big dawg 6 min Princess Hey 408
Fergson Police Dept. 8 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 394
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Tom2Tone 145,261
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 26 min Petal Power 28,508
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min mr goodwrench 137,495
What's your tip for the day? 29 min Petal Power 810
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,991
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 48 min Spirit67_ 18,594
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••