Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216668 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#87272 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Your God is made up just like all the others...and just like Satan.

God you guys are gullible.

UFO's are not a almost daily concern or such a part of life to many people.

I don't give a crap if some nut thinks he's been abducted.

I DO give a crap if some religious nuts try to replace science with religion in our public schools.

I am happy to contribute my part to disprove religion.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#87273 Apr 21, 2013
Why wrote:
What
When

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#87274 Apr 21, 2013
Why wrote:
What
Where
Mark

United States

#87275 Apr 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
In the Biblical sense Adam and Eve did not exist. The story of men and women living on this earth far transcends the petty story found in the Bible. Adam and Eve were not the beginning of the human race; they are nothing more than a footnote in a fictive mythological story written by some of our ancestors. The story of humans goes back many hundreds of thousands of years and is spread over the whole earth. We did not come from two progenitors 6000+- years ago.
We humans also have sciences now that can read the ancient stories entwined in our blood. The stories that are told there….are not the stories of the Bible. We did not spread out all over the earth from “East of Eden” 6000 years ago.
Well, I don' agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated as anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more;

"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-

"The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. The Bible can stand for itself." - Dr. William F. Albright -

"On the whole, however, archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine....Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. It has shown, in a number of instances, that these views rest on false assumptions and unreal, artificial schemes of historical development." - Millar Burrows, Professor of Archaeology at Yale University, What Mean These Stones?, Meridian Books, New York, NY, 1956, p. 1 -

"It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value..- Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.

The Dead Sea Scrolls had portions of nearly every Old Testament book and the entire volume of Issiah - the book that had the most prophecies concerning Christ. Nice museum in Jerusalem built around the find - Dome of the Book

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87276 Apr 21, 2013
Mark, where are your links that support these claims?

Creationists have been shown to be liars many many times in the past. For that reason any claims must be supported by links.

And quoting an ignorant or biased archaeologist really does not support your case too much.
Mark

United States

#87277 Apr 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
In the Biblical sense Adam and Eve did not exist. The story of men and women living on this earth far transcends the petty story found in the Bible. Adam and Eve were not the beginning of the human race; they are nothing more than a footnote in a fictive mythological story written by some of our ancestors. The story of humans goes back many hundreds of thousands of years and is spread over the whole earth. We did not come from two progenitors 6000+- years ago. Our footprints, handprints, tools, habitats, art, and handiwork have been found all over the globe going back a hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, and many more years.
We humans have a history that is told in archaeological artifacts and human bones and pottery and stunning artwork on cave walls. We find finely crafted spearheads in animals that have not walked the earth for over 10,000 years, we find Homo sapiens skeletons superimposed with Neanderthal bones in Israeli caves from 50,000 years ago, we find 10,000 year old graveyards in the middle of the Sahara desert…relics from a time when the Sahara was green and home to ancient animals and human societies.
The stories that are told there….are not the stories of the Bible. We did not spread out all over the earth from “East of Eden” 6000 years ago.
Well, I don't agree, what you have presented here is post-modern history, generated from sources who have anti-Biblical bias that is easily exposed. Even without current findings like Ebla (where Abraham and Lot's names show up on tablets), the estimated 100K plus burned human remains unearthed where Sodom, Gomorrah and Zoar existed, the bread loafs found in the ovens of Jericho to name 3 of hundreds more being unearthed yearly;

"I know of no finding in archaeology that’s properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen." - Dr Clifford Wilson, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology -(The archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery)-

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries." - Dr. Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert,(New York: Farrar, Strous and Cudahy, 1959), 136.-

"The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. The Bible can stand for itself." - Dr. William F. Albright

"On the whole, however, archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine....Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. It has shown, in a number of instances, that these views rest on false assumptions and unreal, artificial schemes of historical development." - Millar Burrows, Professor of Archaeology at Yale University, What Mean These Stones?, Meridian Books, New York, NY, 1956, p. 1 -

"It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value..- Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.

Again we are back to socially accepted dogma, truth to you, error to me. Nice museum in Jerusalem built around the Old Testament - Dome of the Book
Mark

United States

#87278 Apr 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Mark, where are your links that support these claims?
Creationists have been shown to be liars many many times in the past. For that reason any claims must be supported by links.
And quoting an ignorant or biased archaeologist really does not support your case too much.
The references are there. Look up the Dome, the entire book of Issiah with all those messianic prophesies surviving complete since Christ's time. Real people doing their life-work that upsets the secular bias. As long as students in this field never see their work all is fine for your side. I have heard all this stuff from the new school, its baseless. Too bad for them, the Knesset started a big Bible study this year!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87279 Apr 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The references are there. Look up the Dome, the entire book of Issiah with all those messianic prophesies surviving complete since Christ's time. Real people doing their life-work that upsets the secular bias. As long as students in this field never see their work all is fine for your side. I have heard all this stuff from the new school, its baseless. Too bad for them, the Knesset started a big Bible study this year!
I am not doing your homework for you.

When I make a claim about evolution I am more than happy to offer links. You are the one making a positive claim. With no evidence you claims can be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#87282 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you would not be posting there is no God.
Why are there not thread after thread on UFO's where a bunch of people try and convince others that there is no such thing.
Because Satan couldn't care less if you believe in UFO's. it's God that he needs to stop people from believing in so this is where his puppets are at work.
Theists like you live and dream words written long ago, your life has no meaning for you except in these ancient texts. And you look back, to find these words to keep going into the future.

Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
us loving life and willing that it will continue.
Will find the way by looking forward.

When we pass , in the street you will know who we are , for we are the ones looking where we are going....and not where we been.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87283 Apr 21, 2013
KJV, the verse did not say that this "special Sabbath Day" occurred on a Wednesday. Where is the evidence that it occurred on a Wednesday. Not only that but the other Gospels don't even make the same claim.

And you forgot your links.

In other words, wrong try again.

No links to support your claims and you are automatically wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#87284 Apr 21, 2013
An interesting article from a believer who shows that no day fits all of the verses in the Bible. It shows why it could have been Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. The problem is that all of the days are inconsistent with some other part of the Bible:

http://www.gotquestions.org/three-days.html

In other words the Bible contradicts itself even over the most important event in Christianity.

But then we knew that already. The Gospels have four different versions of who went to see Jesus, when they went to see him, what they saw at the tomb, and who they talked to afterwards.
KJV

United States

#87285 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Theists like you live and dream words written long ago, your life has no meaning for you except in these ancient texts. And you look back, to find these words to keep going into the future.

Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
Will find the way by looking forward.

When we pass , in the street you will know who we are , for we are the ones looking where we are going....and not where we been.
"Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
Will find the way by looking forward."

Then why are you on these atheist boards attacking Theist?

Really makes no sense "us loving life"
And "us hating theist"

Me thinks you lie.

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#87287 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure it can. it can just be. and then evolve.
you have a very limited mind. open up your imagination and think beyond your cult indoctrination...you can do it...you are better than those that try to control you. i have FAITH in your brain!
have faith that both do not mutally exlude one another.

both are true.

The question is what came first?
The Dancer or the dance?

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#87288 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheists live the life now and dream the dream that the future will answer those questions,
And "us hating theist"
Me thinks you lie.
Atheist boards? Attacking theists? Are you on drugs?

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Location hidden

#87289 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
Never became a priest, I couldn't, I'm not a pedophile.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87290 Apr 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In addition, their marketability status can never be compared to that of Africa. Period.
if only that had made a lick of sense...

face it Chaz, you made a stupid statement that was absolutely incorrect, and i clearly showed you how and why....man up to it.

St. Croix valley

#87291 Apr 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist boards? Attacking theists? Are you on drugs?
he's not very bright..he can[t figure out that this is also on other forums, like the US politics one I only post on.

you have to remember with KLV...you are dealing with the intellect of a child. a cult mentality that cannot think for itself.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Location hidden

#87292 Apr 21, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And "us hating theist"
Me thinks you lie.
Aura has to keep posting and preaching athiesm like jimmy swaggart while complaining about anything and everything.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87293 Apr 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if only that had made a lick of sense...
face it Chaz, you made a stupid statement that was absolutely incorrect, and i clearly showed you how and why....man up to it.
Chaz occasionally overestimates his facility with the English language.

St. Croix valley

#87294 Apr 21, 2013
Tooth4U wrote:
<quoted text>
have faith that both do not mutally exlude one another.
both are true.
The question is what came first?
The Dancer or the dance?
what are not mutually exclusive?

the dancer came first. dance was not just there, the human dancer thought it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min Grace Nerissa 67,142
News Would you have spotted the tiny animal that thi... 16 min Go Blue Forever 3
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 19 min SweLL GirL 15,234
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 49 min Poppyann 1,435
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 52 min Poppyann 11,139
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 1 hr freedom2016 998
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr whatimeisit 5,795
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr -ZAMASU- 206,951
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 hr Poppyann 10,572
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 7 hr Right On Point 54
More from around the web