Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#87091 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If one would "examine" scripture instead of just running through it, they would see things much more clearly.Eph 3:3-4, plaily states if one were to read it they can understand it, and also confirms its validity
Yes, all part and parcel of the "Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so!" policy, as laid down in the Bible. A trick which pretty much every religion (save perhaps Buddhism) has used to keep its followers in line. Baseless simplistic propaganda at its most primitive, and 21st century fundies today are STILL that gullible.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#87092 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>A few examples are Heb 1:1-2, 2 Pet 1:19-21, Titus 1:2-3, there are plenty more
Using the source of the claims as verification of the claims is known as _______?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87093 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could only show one instance where i have denied reality. i have for you...
You have been denying reality to date.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87094 Apr 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have been denying reality to date.
Good one Chuckie!! Projection at its best!!
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87095 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but for that to be true all scripture would have to be true, do you believe that?
ALL scripture(some translations state EVERY scripture, but both mean same thing)is given by inspiration OF GOD.2 Tim 2:15-17. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit was given to the apostles and they wrote down what we have as the New Testament,

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87096 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Another of my favorite cart/treadmill videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oTMRviy-5zYXX
You can see the cart from start up of the treadmill. By the way, due to internal losses these carts need a minimum wind velocity before they can go faster than the wind. If the treadmill is going to slow it will not produce enough thrust and it will fall off of the back.
Since you see this one at start up the wind speed, which is also the treadmill speed starts very slow and the cart goes backwards at first. It does not pull forward until the "wind speed" is high enough.
Oops, I posted this on the wrong thread.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87097 Apr 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Using the source of the claims as verification of the claims is known as _______?
IF GOD is the source of a claim you can most certainly "take it to the bank"
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87098 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>IF GOD is the source of a claim you can most certainly "take it to the bank"
So asserts your cult.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87099 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>ALL scripture(some translations state EVERY scripture, but both mean same thing)is given by inspiration OF GOD.2 Tim 2:15-17. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit was given to the apostles and they wrote down what we have as the New Testament,
So asserts your cult.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87100 Apr 19, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Good one Chuckie!! Projection at its best!!
Your habit( comparative advantage).

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87101 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>ALL scripture(some translations state EVERY scripture, but both mean same thing)is given by inspiration OF GOD.2 Tim 2:15-17. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit was given to the apostles and they wrote down what we have as the New Testament,
So if we found a clear error in the Bible, say a prophesy that clearly failed what would that mean?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#87102 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If one would "examine" scripture instead of just running through it, they would see things much more clearly.Eph 3:3-4, plaily states if one were to read it they can understand it, and also confirms its validity
My left pinky finger plainly states that if you look at it long enough, you will see the true god.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#87103 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>IF GOD is the source of a claim you can most certainly "take it to the bank"
That's the problem. All evidence points to the Bible being written by people. Not God. So all you got really is just one really big IF.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#87104 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Sure... now you just have to demonstrate that your "god' is actually the source of the claim. Good luuck with that
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87105 Apr 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your habit( comparative advantage).
Swing and a miss......
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87106 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all part and parcel of the "Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so!" policy, as laid down in the Bible. A trick which pretty much every religion (save perhaps Buddhism) has used to keep its followers in line. Baseless simplistic propaganda at its most primitive, and 21st century fundies today are STILL that gullible.
One thing to consider, if one thinks about Budda or Mahommed, they are in the grave. But for christians our leader is not in a grave, he is alive unlike Mahommed,Joseph Smith or Budda.We can "boast" of an empty tomb.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87107 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So if we found a clear error in the Bible, say a prophesy that clearly failed what would that mean?
In the OT and NT there were and were warnings of false prophets. In the epistle of 1 JOhn he gives a test to determine whether the spirt is of God or antiChrist
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87108 Apr 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Sure... now you just have to demonstrate that your "god' is actually the source of the claim. Good luuck with that
I will let you prove that it is NOT from God.Even better luck on that one friend.
KJV

United States

#87109 Apr 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>...and for those of you just joining us that are keeping score, "Infantile Force" here does not believe in the Theory of Evolution.

Just sayin.
He not the only one, just saying.
KJV

United States

#87110 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I should make more of an effort to be abducted by aliens so I can become a universal ambassador and help solve problems like the suffering of the lizard people of Rigel XII

Infinite Force wrote, "If you know and speak in absolute truths why would you care what other people think about you? What are you afraid of?"

I'm not worried at all, I come here for fun. You appear to be more worried than I am as you seem rather emotional. Perhaps you could ask your alien buddies for some relaxation pills or something.
They don't want apes. So you're out.

"relaxation pills "
Benny and the Jets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min Judy 123 30,391
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 min Denny CranesPlace 17,549
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 13 min DILF 639
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 14 min Judy 123 77,714
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 14 min DILF 29
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Judy 123 55,333
Myths made reality bizarre claims made for anci... 17 min Jai Prakesh Maan 42
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Analog man 7,865
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min black shuck 152,934
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 44 min Denny CranesPlace 37,808