Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221445 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Patriot

Nashville, TN

#87106 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all part and parcel of the "Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so!" policy, as laid down in the Bible. A trick which pretty much every religion (save perhaps Buddhism) has used to keep its followers in line. Baseless simplistic propaganda at its most primitive, and 21st century fundies today are STILL that gullible.
One thing to consider, if one thinks about Budda or Mahommed, they are in the grave. But for christians our leader is not in a grave, he is alive unlike Mahommed,Joseph Smith or Budda.We can "boast" of an empty tomb.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#87107 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So if we found a clear error in the Bible, say a prophesy that clearly failed what would that mean?
In the OT and NT there were and were warnings of false prophets. In the epistle of 1 JOhn he gives a test to determine whether the spirt is of God or antiChrist
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#87108 Apr 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Sure... now you just have to demonstrate that your "god' is actually the source of the claim. Good luuck with that
I will let you prove that it is NOT from God.Even better luck on that one friend.
KJV

United States

#87109 Apr 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>...and for those of you just joining us that are keeping score, "Infantile Force" here does not believe in the Theory of Evolution.

Just sayin.
He not the only one, just saying.
KJV

United States

#87110 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I should make more of an effort to be abducted by aliens so I can become a universal ambassador and help solve problems like the suffering of the lizard people of Rigel XII

Infinite Force wrote, "If you know and speak in absolute truths why would you care what other people think about you? What are you afraid of?"

I'm not worried at all, I come here for fun. You appear to be more worried than I am as you seem rather emotional. Perhaps you could ask your alien buddies for some relaxation pills or something.
They don't want apes. So you're out.

"relaxation pills "
Benny and the Jets.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87111 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>In the OT and NT there were and were warnings of false prophets. In the epistle of 1 JOhn he gives a test to determine whether the spirt is of God or antiChrist
would a god that condones slavery be a false prophet? most rational people would say yes!

St. Croix valley

#87112 Apr 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have answered the question- whether you like it or hate it.
yes, i answered it correctly. you lied about it.

St. Croix valley

#87114 Apr 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have been denying reality to date.
again, just one example...

St. Croix valley

#87115 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>ALL scripture(some translations state EVERY scripture, but both mean same thing)is given by inspiration OF GOD.2 Tim 2:15-17. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit was given to the apostles and they wrote down what we have as the New Testament,
then why did they get stuff wrong? guess there is no divine inspiration. none at all, just myths...

St. Croix valley

#87117 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>One thing to consider, if one thinks about Budda or Mahommed, they are in the grave. But for christians our leader is not in a grave, he is alive unlike Mahommed,Joseph Smith or Budda.We can "boast" of an empty tomb.
you forgot to look back at previous religious cults whose saviors "rose from the dead"...

it never happened, either a hoax or no-one cared enough to look after his carcass...
KJV

United States

#87118 Apr 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Do you speak English?
Why ask? English is a language you have yet to master.
KJV

United States

#87119 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Actually blasphemy is a threat to religion. If it is pointed out how laughably silly the claims of priests are it would take very little time for many people to drop their beliefs. That is why priests made blasphemy an unforgivable sin against "god". Actually it was a sin against them and their way of life.
blasphemy is not an unforgivable sin.

Blasphemy of the Hole Spirt is the only Unforgivable sin. Ask MikeF about that sin.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#87120 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>ALL scripture(some translations state EVERY scripture, but both mean same thing)is given by inspiration OF GOD.2 Tim 2:15-17. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit was given to the apostles and they wrote down what we have as the New Testament,
... And you know this because....
KJV

United States

#87121 Apr 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>No, you questioned humans about God's laws. God didn't get angry at you , people did.
Woody is just a stir stick. He adds nothing but dribble. He's job in life is to try and piss off Theist. His knowledge is equal to that of a earth worm.
Pay him no heed.

St. Croix valley

#87122 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
blasphemy is not an unforgivable sin.
Blasphemy of the Hole Spirt is the only Unforgivable sin. Ask MikeF about that sin.
which holy spirit? humans have created thousands of those things.

St. Croix valley

#87123 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody is just a stir stick. He adds nothing but dribble. He's job in life is to try and piss off Theist. His knowledge is equal to that of a earth worm.
Pay him no heed.
no, I bring logic to shred your stories apart... an it makes you angry, doesn't it?

try harder, dear.

St. Croix valley

#87124 Apr 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you questioned humans about God's laws. God didn't get angry at you , people did.
no, I questioned holes in the made up story of god, no one got angry. they just made it clear that questioning this was not condoned. bad people don't 'just believe'...

pretty sad...even an 8 year old can see the problem there.
KJV

United States

#87125 Apr 19, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing I don't worship this god. All hail J.R."Bob"Dobbs!!
Yes good thing. Do you worship the gods of Easter island? Or the gods of the Greeks? Or The FSM?
KJV

United States

#87126 Apr 19, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I was 6 when I started to figure out that something was wrong.
So woodtick has admitted that at the age of 8 he made his choice to become an atheist and you at age 6.

This explains a lot.

St. Croix valley

#87127 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So woodtick has admitted that at the age of 8 he made his choice to become an atheist and you at age 6.
This explains a lot.
not a choice and that was just the begining...may have been nine doesn't really matter.

yes, you still are not as smart as i was at that age!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The one item I don't want to be without....... 5 min Interesting 226
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min Gaystalker Finny ... 75,214
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Boink face 217,048
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 18 min Boink face 7,088
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 20 min Boink face 17,188
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 21 min Boink face 4,053
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 23 min Boink face 2,539
News Sea lion grabs girl, pulls her into water 13 hr Beautiful Black M... 26
More from around the web