Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172025 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87054 Apr 19, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not just about knowing they exists it’s about first putting up a universal law system so “all” is protected. The world governments currently have no universal law system in place to protect “all” so it would be pointless for them to reveal them-selves!
Our civil and world government laws take away “all” ability to choose and this needs to be corrected. This first starts on getting the universal law that I proposed in place on a universal scale and then we can talk about a disclosure so you can see what “all” looks like.
how are they ever going to get this universal law if people don't know they exist?

you haven't really thought you story out, have you? have you thought of contacting a good editor? that is what they do...
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87055 Apr 19, 2013
Patropt wrote:
<quoted text>I had a couple family in the pacific myself. Most of mine were in Europe, one of my Uncle's first battles was the battle of the bulge.I did not see anything that severe but I did get a few dings in my steel pot and flak jacket.
The stories they told me would curl your hair. When it was my time to join they sat me down and told me to join the Navy. Never saw combat. Was in during the 80's.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#87056 Apr 19, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>The stories they told me would curl your hair. When it was my time to join they sat me down and told me to join the Navy. Never saw combat. Was in during the 80's.
My stint was '78-'84. the 1/8 Marines was in the Beruit ordeal(it was called a peace keeping mission officially, if you were a boot on the ground it was a different story)Mid '82-Jan-Feb '84. My uncle told me a little about battle of the bulge and a good friend of mine who was on Guadacanal, Boganville and Iwo told me some hair raising things, so did a friend of mine whose first battle was Iwo Jima, he was a 19 year old Corpsman.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#87057 Apr 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Each person has free moral agency. LIberals want to think right and wrong is subjective. Just about everything is either right or wrong, very little gray area in just about everything.Right is right wrong is wrong regarless of what people want to call it.
Do you speak English?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#87058 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i understood that. but a death penalty for that
I understand the bible doesn't need to make sense, it is just myths. i don't really think there is a great turtle holding up the earth. these wee just the way very primitive people tried to explain things they did not understand , and some used that to start cults of power and wealth, like the abrahamic cults...
Taking Gods name in vain is considered a sin against Gods person which are the most deadly sins you can commit. Also blasphemy, hatred of God and ticking God off. "all who hate me love death".

St. Croix valley

#87059 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Taking Gods name in vain is considered a sin against Gods person which are the most deadly sins you can commit. Also blasphemy, hatred of God and ticking God off. "all who hate me love death".
pretty insecure and petty and vindictive god huh?

why would a god have all these human traits? oh yeah, he was invented by humans...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#87060 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Taking Gods name in vain is considered a sin against Gods person which are the most deadly sins you can commit. Also blasphemy, hatred of God and ticking God off. "all who hate me love death".
"If you don't love this snake oil, it won't work for you."

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87061 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty insecure and petty and vindictive god huh?
why would a god have all these human traits? oh yeah, he was invented by humans...
Actually blasphemy is a threat to religion. If it is pointed out how laughably silly the claims of priests are it would take very little time for many people to drop their beliefs. That is why priests made blasphemy an unforgivable sin against "god". Actually it was a sin against them and their way of life.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87062 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no chaz, that is your problem. you
have a serious problem with your perception of reality.
Likewise.

St. Croix valley

#87063 Apr 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.
if you could only show one instance where i have denied reality. i have for you...

St. Croix valley

#87064 Apr 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually blasphemy is a threat to religion. If it is pointed out how laughably silly the claims of priests are it would take very little time for many people to drop their beliefs. That is why priests made blasphemy an unforgivable sin against "god". Actually it was a sin against them and their way of life.
i learned that very quickly as a child. my parents always taught me that knowledge was the greatest thing one could attain, but in religion if you asked rational questions you were called bad names. i was about 8 when I figured they were hiding something...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#87065 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty insecure and petty and vindictive god huh?
She is also a jealous God and she has these human traits because she's human.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#87066 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i learned that very quickly as a child. my parents always taught me that knowledge was the greatest thing one could attain, but in religion if you asked rational questions you were called bad names. i was about 8 when I figured they were hiding something...
Finally, the truth behind your hatred and bitterness toward God has surfaced. PEOPLE did it to you, not God!

St. Croix valley

#87067 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>She is also a jealous God and she has these human traits because she's human.
gods are human? the bible says different.

why would a god be jealous if there were no other gods?

St. Croix valley

#87068 Apr 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, the truth behind your hatred and bitterness toward God has surfaced. PEOPLE did it to you, not God!
no, people showed me that your cult is based on proven lies.

question those lies and like in any cult, you are told that is a bad thing.

I have no hatred to any myth. i am not bitter at all.

you see that because you cannot talk about your cult rationally.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#87070 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, people showed me that your cult is based on proven lies.
question those lies and like in any cult, you are told that is a bad thing.
I have no hatred to any myth. i am not bitter at all.
you see that because you cannot talk about your cult rationally.
No, you questioned humans about God's laws. God didn't get angry at you , people did.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87071 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Good thing I don't worship this god. All hail J.R."Bob"Dobbs!!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#87072 Apr 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you questioned humans about God's laws. God didn't get angry at you , people did.
That's because "god" is nothing more than the super ego.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#87073 Apr 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i learned that very quickly as a child. my parents always taught me that knowledge was the greatest thing one could attain, but in religion if you asked rational questions you were called bad names. i was about 8 when I figured they were hiding something...
I was 6 when I started to figure out that something was wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#87074 Apr 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
And the Girasas! What about them?
Won't somebody think of the Girasas?

:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 4 min andet1987 225
News Surfer Who Punched Shark Encounters Another 12 min Spotted Girl 2
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 12 min andet1987 29,345
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 16 min Brandiiiiiiii 10,214
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min Brandiiiiiiii 12,807
Word Association (Jun '10) 17 min Brandiiiiiiii 28,499
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 18 min Brandiiiiiiii 9,176
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr 40ish 167,395
Answer a question with a question 1 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 498
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 1 hr andet1987 6,120