Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221479 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#86363 Apr 15, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Bible Code? You are nuts.
Indeed.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/hidden_messages...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#86364 Apr 15, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your terror of death is the reason you accept all this foolishness. Face it.
The same reply you once gave to someone who claimed that they weren't afraid of death.

Location hidden

#86365 Apr 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to present any evidence that this "Christ" person is real, thus, the only logical and sane thing to do is consider it nothing but a myth. So no, I am not wrong.
Yet your simpering requests of a different deity is perfectly logical? Your "magic" is impotent.
FREE SERVANT
#86366 Apr 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I sincerely believe almost everything in the OT is true but "the simple believe every word ..." Prov. 14:15
Do you believe in a Creator and do you think everything that is material in our universe is guided?
dr fill

Medinah, IL

#86367 Apr 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still zero evidence for creationism. nada. zilch. big ol' goose egg. none. zip.
I agree,The bible was written from stories of ancient sumerian writings that were written thousands of years earlier.The bible writers changed the storys a little to make it their own.The sumerians wrote that the real creators of life on earth were aliens from the tenth planet.Our teloscopes now days cant quite focus in on it yet.It comes up as a mild blurr.Yet the sumerians called the earth the seventh planet in our solar system which would make it the third from the sun.They claimed the aliens created us for slave labor thats it, no god needing worship and praise and assss kissing just plain old labor for the gold mines in africa.There are mines in africa that were dated at 60,000 years old.Alot older than the bible says the invisible god they say created us.FYI.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#86368 Apr 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Your mind is more shallow than the depth of the planted flowers, but was glad you stopped and smelled the flower.
YAWN.......

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#86369 Apr 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny you exist, only your claims of Godhood.
I AM a supreme being rather you accept it or not and I proved this. If you don’t deny my existence then you know a supreme being exists.

>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

I am waiting for you to tell me what your definition of a supreme being is since you are projecting prerequisites on what it entails to being a GOD!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, what atheist?
YOU! Remember the law of non-contradiction I applied to your agnostic claim?! Let me refresh your memory!
Applying the law of non-contradiction I asked you two questions.
“An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved; therefore an agnostic wallows in the complexity of the existence of higher beings”.

>>>> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

You concluded two opposite answers for your conclusion!

A. GOD cannot be proven
B. GOD cannot be disproved

Proven and disproven or opposite (synonym/antonym) answers and you concluded that both of them are the answer.

You are in violation of the law of non-contradiction! You can be either/or not both!

Your response was then “I choose answer A”, and this is why I call you an atheist. Do you want to try answering this question again?! A or B?

Location hidden

#86370 Apr 15, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are right about the Wicca type witches. They don't have magical powers I was talking about the mythical witches that the Church seems to believe in...the ones they think have actual magical witchly powers.
Yeah, right. Not believing in magic is why they dress up for their holy days and practice ritualistic ceremonies....

It's Halloween in their homes at least one day in every month.

Why is it so important to you to downplay the wiccans' belief in the supernatural but not the Christians?

That was rhetorical. Don't bother replying, we know "why".
FREE SERVANT
#86371 Apr 15, 2013
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> I agree,The bible was written from stories of ancient sumerian writings that were written thousands of years earlier.The bible writers changed the storys a little to make it their own.The sumerians wrote that the real creators of life on earth were aliens from the tenth planet.Our teloscopes now days cant quite focus in on it yet.It comes up as a mild blurr.Yet the sumerians called the earth the seventh planet in our solar system which would make it the third from the sun.They claimed the aliens created us for slave labor thats it, no god needing worship and praise and assss kissing just plain old labor for the gold mines in africa.There are mines in africa that were dated at 60,000 years old.Alot older than the bible says the invisible god they say created us.FYI.
Is our universe just a chance happening in your view?

Location hidden

#86372 Apr 15, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, belief in Demons and spirits is one of the clues that your (and all others) religion is just a false belief. Demons, spirits, and Gods all depend on magic being true. When the Bible was written people believed magic was real.
We now KNOW it is not. Just like we KNOW there is no such thing as witches.
Tell that to all your creepy buddies on here who still make blood offerings to their god.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#86373 Apr 15, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aham Brahmasmi?
Is that what you are saying?
I am not into religions or faiths, BUT there are some things in Aham Brahmasmi that is similar to my post that you responded to. This is my first time ever hearing of Aham Brahmasmi. If you don't mind me asking, why did you affiliate me with this religion because I am not a person of religion or faith?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86374 Apr 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
50 years of sucessful experiments? who the hell are you Jon Lovitz? thats a lie.
You are a member of a radical 2 percent cult,and as you've just shown will tell any lie.
Hardly.

Worldwide even most Chirstians believe in evolution, it is not my fault that the U.S. has quite a few religious hicks.

And where do you get that 2 percent figure. The number of atheists in the U.S. is much higher than that and is about 15 to 20% worldwide.

Lastly, yes, 50 years of successful experiments. You are a complete idiot and liar if you think otherwise. All of those experiments were based on trying to figure out how life may have started. You didn't expect them to get it right on the first time, did you?

Oh wait, you are an idiot. You actually did. Now that is clearly the laugh of the day.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#86375 Apr 15, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Mr. Force, I know it’s not my argument, but after reading your response I can only deduce that you are in fact, an idiot.
Explain to me why Mr/Mrs/Miss I am an idiot! Is it because I said something you don't like?! Well too bad!

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Lansdale, PA

#86376 Apr 15, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not into religions or faiths, BUT there are some things in Aham Brahmasmi that is similar to my post that you responded to. This is my first time ever hearing of Aham Brahmasmi. If you don't mind me asking, why did you affiliate me with this religion because I am not a person of religion or faith?
Did I affiliate you with anything?
All I did was ask a question whether what you are saying is "Aham Brahmasmi", I made no other assumption about you except try to understand what you were saying. "Aham Brahmasmi" is Sanskrit, and it literally means "I am God". This is Hindu philosophy in case you didn't know about it before.
You were also saying that you are God; the coincidence was uncanny, and so I just asked a question. You haven't answered yet.
FREE SERVANT
#86377 Apr 15, 2013
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> I agree,The bible was written from stories of ancient sumerian writings that were written thousands of years earlier.The bible writers changed the storys a little to make it their own.The sumerians wrote that the real creators of life on earth were aliens from the tenth planet.Our teloscopes now days cant quite focus in on it yet.It comes up as a mild blurr.Yet the sumerians called the earth the seventh planet in our solar system which would make it the third from the sun.They claimed the aliens created us for slave labor thats it, no god needing worship and praise and assss kissing just plain old labor for the gold mines in africa.There are mines in africa that were dated at 60,000 years old.Alot older than the bible says the invisible god they say created us.FYI.
You have got it backwards. Nimrod/Marduk made false writings and those you mentioned were from his time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86378 Apr 15, 2013
dr fill wrote:
the tenth planet would be one of the Kuiper belt bodies. none of them are large enough to really support any kind of intelligent life. most of them are really just comets, like Pluto.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#86379 Apr 15, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I affiliate you with anything?
Not directly!
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I did was ask a question whether what you are saying is "Aham Brahmasmi", I made no other assumption about you except try to understand what you were saying. "Aham Brahmasmi" is Sanskrit, and it literally means "I am God". This is Hindu philosophy in case you didn't know about it before.
You were also saying that you are God; the coincidence was uncanny, and so I just asked a question. You haven't answered yet.
Yes, I am a “GOD” and I believe I validated this in one of my previous post.

>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

I would not define myself as a GOD using "Aham Brahmasmi” but I can see why you saw it as a coincidence though! Does this answer your question and are you a supreme being?

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86380 Apr 15, 2013
There is no atheist in a foxhole.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#86381 Apr 15, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why Mr/Mrs/Miss I am an idiot! Is it because I said something you don't like?! Well too bad!
No Mr. Force, it's not because of any one thing you've said in particular, it's the sum of your comments. It's the way you attempt to defend your responses. It's how you grasp at what you consider logic.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86382 Apr 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
There is no atheist in a foxhole.
yes, in fact there are many. i know several that have been there.

(this would counter all the people that say it was atheists that did all the killing for mao and stalin...you folks should get your story straight...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min rainmaker2016 218,629
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 min Princess Hey 4,248
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min BRIGITTE 75,992
Word Association (Mar '10) 29 min SweLL GirL 22,248
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 32 min SweLL GirL 10,761
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 48 min Finny Ferret Got ... 22,848
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 51 min SweLL GirL 36,740
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr FinnyFerret Needs... 4,279
More from around the web