Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173594 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#86332 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse. It is normal. A born liar will always call another, a liar. Irony in disguise.
(Shrug)
No.

I never called you a liar, that I can recall.

I suggest merely that you unfamiliarity with the language might have led you into error.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86333 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
I suggest merely that you unfamiliarity with the language might have led you into error.
Poof!
I was born with the language. You have again, lied.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86334 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Dull!
Go through your post once again and see your error.
No one is perfect, not even the English.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#86335 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you so hard hearted in this/ that?
You can never rule out the existence of the Almighty and other spiritual forces, never!
Sorry Charles, I don't mean to be obnoxious, but I believe what I believe just as strongly as you believe in your position.

Do you have 50 years of experience behind your beliefs as I do. I seriously considered religion when I was a child, and when I was a child I realized I was being lied to. I started to learn about religion and I have been at it for those 50+ years.

You know whats IN the Bible....I know ABOUT the Bible, and I know a tremendous amount about Christian/Biblical history.

I admire your ability to stand up for yourself in these forums, but I'm sorry to say this....you are wrong/the religion is wrong and I know this with every fiber of my being.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86336 Apr 15, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charles, I don't mean to be obnoxious, but I believe what I believe just as strongly as you believe in your position.
Do you have 50 years of experience behind your beliefs as I do. I seriously considered religion when I was a child, and when I was a child I realized I was being lied to. I started to learn about religion and I have been at it for those 50+ years.
You know whats IN the Bible....I know ABOUT the Bible, and I know a tremendous amount about Christian/Biblical history.
I admire your ability to stand up for yourself in these forums, but I'm sorry to say this....you are wrong/the religion is wrong and I know this with every fiber of my being.
Why are you giving up about God so quickly, Sir Bill?
He truly exist, please don't totally write off the Most High from your dear heart.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#86337 Apr 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you giving up about God so quickly, Sir Bill?
He truly exist, please don't totally write off the Most High from your dear heart.
I'm not answering for "TheWord", but I'm not 'writing off God', only the cartoon version of Him as presented in the Bible.

You don't know any more or any less about God than anyone else, myself included.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86338 Apr 15, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not answering for "TheWord", but I'm not 'writing off God', only the cartoon version of Him as presented in the Bible.
You don't know any more or any less about God than anyone else, myself included.
Ok, you really understood this God more than i, that is the reason why you say all manners of abusive words to him, like what you just did now.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86339 Apr 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, you really understood this God more than i, that is the reason why you say all manners of abusive words to him, like what you just did now.
Shouldn't a moral person say bad things about a god, or anyone, that condones slavery? yes, they should. so should you if you are a moral person.

Same goes for a god that condones killing people for the sole reason that they do not believe in him.

so many reason in your own cults bible to bad mouth that god they created...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#86340 Apr 15, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to actually study the crap you think you know. If you are capable of learning you might be very surprised to find out that you've been spewing lies.
And if you were capable of learning you'd be able to make a coherent rational argument for your position instead of spewing off from a bogus high horse.(shrug)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86341 Apr 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your fellow cultist woodtick, you faith driven idiot.
bohart you are projecting again.

As shown by the links that I have given my belief is not faith based. It is based upon a scientific theory that has been observed and tested for over 150 years. My belief that abiogenesis is the answer for the origin of life comes from over 50 years of successful laboratory experiments and continued advance.

You are a member of a cult that believes in magic spells. Your belief system praises faith, another word for gullibility. Lastly you have no evidence for your beliefs, you know in your heart that they are wrong, and that is why you project your flaws onto others.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#86342 Apr 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, you really understood this God more than i, that is the reason why you say all manners of abusive words to him, like what you just did now.
He didn't.

See, disagreeing or disparaging YOUR OPINION of what God is is NOT the same as insulting God.

You are not God.

You do not speak for Him.

You don't know more about God than anyone else does.

Therefore we can say whatever we like about God and if you don't like it then tough nuggies.

God's got an entire multiverse to deal with so my guess is that petty insults are the least of His problems anyway.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86343 Apr 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Shouldn't a moral person say bad things about a god, or anyone, that condones slavery? yes, they should. so should you if you are a moral person.
Same goes for a god that condones killing people for the sole reason that they do not believe in him.
so many reason in your own cults bible to bad mouth that god they created...
More and more Lies from your Cult.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86344 Apr 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More and more Lies from your Cult.
Really? it is a lie that your god condones slavery?

it's right there in your own cult's bible chuckie boy. do you not see how much of a cult member you are when you openly deny the facts right in front of your face? this is not a sign of a healthy mindset...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#86345 Apr 15, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God is. He decided He didn't want our DNA compromised by that of an alien race.
You're nuts.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#86346 Apr 15, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding your winnings from the IRS....nice....
And as dishonest as they come.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#86347 Apr 15, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be there?
You wish.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#86348 Apr 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This is merely your monumentally massive ego talking. You are not God. Hence you do not know what absolute truth is and I reject all your claims outright for being baseless opinions with zero evidence.
Absolute truth I am because I exist!

1.“Supreme” synonym is absolute
>>>> http://thesaurus.com/browse/supreme...

2.“Being”- 1.Existence: "the railroad brought many towns into being". 2.Living; being alive.

>>>> https://www.google.com/#output=search&scl...

"Supreme Being synonym is GOD"

>>>> http://thesaurus.com/browse/+SUPREME+BEING...
Conclusion, Supreme Being (GOD) I am and I speak and know only absolute truths! Now let me ask you a question, do you deny that I exist?!

A. Yes
B. No

You obviously do not know what a supreme being (GOD) is and the reason why is because you are an atheist!

Now explain to me what your presupposition is of GOD Mr. Atheist! I AM NOT affiliated with any documented religions, ideas or concepts that require faith and want nothing to do with them because I only know absolute truths!

DO YOU WANT TO TRY AND TELL ME WHAT I AM AND WHAT I AM NOT AGAIN?!
bohart

Newport, TN

#86349 Apr 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>bohart you are projecting again.
As shown by the links that I have given my belief is not faith based. It is based upon a scientific theory that has been observed and tested for over 150 years. My belief that abiogenesis is the answer for the origin of life comes from over 50 years of successful laboratory experiments and continued advance.
You are a member of a cult that believes in magic spells. Your belief system praises faith, another word for gullibility. Lastly you have no evidence for your beliefs, you know in your heart that they are wrong, and that is why you project your flaws onto others.
50 years of sucessful experiments? who the hell are you Jon Lovitz? thats a lie.
You are a member of a radical 2 percent cult,and as you've just shown will tell any lie.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#86350 Apr 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not rejected it, you simply have no knowledge of it.
Sure I do! It’s an absolute truth that I exist!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If that WERE the case you wouldn't be bragging about how much of a "superior being" you are.
But you can't help being a monumentally massive hypocrite.
Oh, so I suppose to deny my existence just because you can’t accept that I exist?!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Yours mean nothing to me though.(shrug)
Denial, denial, and denial you are in!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are a non-superior human being making a flawed argument. Just accept that you are a flawed human just like everyone else, you are not superior, you are not God, and thus you have no idea what absolute truth is.
My logic is not flawed, my logic is flawless! Last, I do know what absolute truth is because my existence is an absolute truth its self!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If you did you would have told me how many GI Joes I have by now.
So this is YOUR knowledge as an atheist on what GOD ought to know! Tell me Mr. Atheist, please give me the source to where you got your information on what a supreme being is and what a supreme being should hold in understanding!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the absolute truth COULD be that God doesn't exist. You have no idea.
Yeah I do! You’re the one who has NO IDEA!

>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#86351 Apr 15, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute truth I am because I exist!
1.“Supreme” synonym is absolute
>>>> http://thesaurus.com/browse/supreme...
2.“Being”- 1.Existence: "the railroad brought many towns into being". 2.Living; being alive.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#output=search&scl...
"Supreme Being synonym is GOD"
>>>> http://thesaurus.com/browse/+SUPREME+BEING...
Conclusion, Supreme Being (GOD) I am and I speak and know only absolute truths! Now let me ask you a question, do you deny that I exist?!
A. Yes
B. No
You obviously do not know what a supreme being (GOD) is and the reason why is because you are an atheist!
Now explain to me what your presupposition is of GOD Mr. Atheist! I AM NOT affiliated with any documented religions, ideas or concepts that require faith and want nothing to do with them because I only know absolute truths!
DO YOU WANT TO TRY AND TELL ME WHAT I AM AND WHAT I AM NOT AGAIN?!
I don't deny you exist, only your claims of Godhood.

By the way, what atheist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 3 min andet1987 741
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,132
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,892
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,453
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min SweLL GirL 169,390
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 37 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,716
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 39 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,887
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr PFfff 43,520
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Krypteia 29,708
More from around the web