Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86282 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny that you would move to the country with the lowest percentage of religious believers....did you plan it that way?
I'm pretty sure the sock puppet picked that country for its isp for that very reason. and because it is often used as an example of a country that is doing so much better than the US without any religion...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#86283 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words. I also respect all peoples beliefs including evolutionists as yourself.
However I disagree that people with an education know evolution is a fact. Theres plenty of people with a good education that don't believe in evolution. Just my 2 cents. <3
the thing is my friend, it does not matter if you 'believe' evolution or not....it is still the truth of our world. It is religion that is mythical.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86284 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I used to believe in evolution but not anymore. All my life I lived around evolutionists and atheists, including my family. Most of my family is in the medical/business field and we consider ourselves smart. I always thought of myself as superior to everyone that believed in a god and looked at them as fools.
Well just a few years back I started to change my views towards how I believe life started. What got me thinking is what caused the so called "big bang." Who or what made all the universe, galaxies and millions of planets? Did dinosaurs just magically get evolved? Just looking up at the sky at night is enough for me to realize that someone had to make all of this, it couldn't just magically start evolving from magic fairy dust.
So yes i believe a superior being made all these things, known as GOD.
P.S: Pardon my english, its my third language.
What caused 'God'????

What do Dinosaurs have to do with it??

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86285 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You would have it better on the floor of the ocean than on any of those. It is a waste of money to even explore there to find a place to live.
Gathering knowledge is a waste of money??

Typical creatard.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86286 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ron Wyatt is dead c.1933-1999
No wonder he wont listen...lmao

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86287 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your two answers have loopholes.
Firstly, the answer is no, because no living or born humans can fully determines the hour of their demise.
Secondly, death or mortality can never be stopped by any humans, because that is the very power and judgement, God Almighty have against us all.
Suiciders can determine their demise down to the second.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#86288 Apr 14, 2013
Sick of Stupid wrote:
In high school science there should be no talk of creationism. It is not science. Evolution, believe it or not is science. Creationism is a Christian MYTH. Creationism should be taught is high school. In history class, along with all the other mythology attached to other religions.
The story of Adam and Eve is no different than the stories of Greek mythology.
The Holy Bible, especially the Old Testament is a collection of Myths.
Moses parting the Red Sea...Myth
Noah and the Ark...Myth
Sodom and Gamora...Myth
Adam and Eve...Myth
Etc, Etc...
That is not to say the Bible is all myths, there are of course the gospels of the disiples, eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus, andthe same can be said for most other religions practiced today, mostly myth, and some historical accuracy.
Christian Mythology does not belong in a science class.
You have been royally deceived. There is nothing in the OT that is a myth but the NT is not just myth, it is a book of lies and is the work of Satan. You apparently believe the lies and reject the historical accuracy of everything in the OT. The OT will be proven to be true and the NT totally false.

St. Croix valley

#86289 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gathering knowledge is a waste of money??
Typical creatard.
first rule of the bible..."do not seek knowledge."

typical cult, and typical cult mentality from free servant.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86290 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible account of creation is correct, it is our way of understanding that can be wrong.
Do you believe in the 'day-age' theory??

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86291 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get a clue on Demonology under Theology.
Your rants has no effects on the truth.
Charles, belief in Demons and spirits is one of the clues that your (and all others) religion is just a false belief. Demons, spirits, and Gods all depend on magic being true. When the Bible was written people believed magic was real.

We now KNOW it is not. Just like we KNOW there is no such thing as witches.

St. Croix valley

#86292 Apr 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You have been royally deceived. There is nothing in the OT that is a myth but the NT is not just myth, it is a book of lies and is the work of Satan. You apparently believe the lies and reject the historical accuracy of everything in the OT. The OT will be proven to be true and the NT totally false.
so sad...the Old testament already has many, many proven lies in it...

your cult lied to you...again...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#86293 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in the 'day-age' theory??
I believe God had the power to create it all at once. GENESIS 2:4 leads me to conclude that the heavens and the earth were created in a day. I believe he was over viewing his work in the six days to see that it was all good and on the seventh day he rested after he saw everything was very good.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86294 Apr 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You have been royally deceived. There is nothing in the OT that is a myth but the NT is not just myth, it is a book of lies and is the work of Satan. You apparently believe the lies and reject the historical accuracy of everything in the OT. The OT will be proven to be true and the NT totally false.
No, YOU have it backwards my dear, the Old Testament is almost all mythical and lies. The New Testament is not so much....Oh, wait a minute, I just reviewed the NT, and its as bad as the OT.

Carry on....:-)

Seriously Susan, the OT is full of crud. It is NOT full of truth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86295 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God had the power to create it all at once. GENESIS 2:4 leads me to conclude that the heavens and the earth were created in a day. I believe he was over viewing his work in the six days to see that it was all good and on the seventh day he rested after he saw everything was very good.
Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86296 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God had the power to create it all at once. GENESIS 2:4 leads me to conclude that the heavens and the earth were created in a day. I believe he was over viewing his work in the six days to see that it was all good and on the seventh day he rested after he saw everything was very good.
I take it you do not believe the earth is billions of years old?
KJV

United States

#86297 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?
Because Satan tricks science. And they fall for it hook line and sinker.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86298 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, belief in Demons and spirits is one of the clues that your (and all others) religion is just a false belief. Demons, spirits, and Gods all depend on magic being true. When the Bible was written people believed magic was real.
We now KNOW it is not. Just like we KNOW there is no such thing as witches.
But there are witches, they just don't fly around on brooms. They are pagan and practice holistic medicine etc.
And worship mother earth Herne the hunter the Fertility Goddess Dianna and the creative force that exists in the universe.
Ask Kaitlyn she is a Stegra Witch , slightly different than Wiccan.
But witches are actually real, just not what they were made out to be by Christianity. I seeing wiccan is actually predates Christianity by 20,000+ years.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86299 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Satan tricks science. And they fall for it hook line and sinker.
Science works, the computer you are using is proof for that.

You seem to be giving a lot of power to this Satan fellow. So Satan has the power of creation? Why does God who created Satan allow these lies to stand. Logically, by proxy, God is guilty of any of Satan's actions since he supposedly created Satan in the first place.

Is God all powerful? Is God all knowing? If so then he is to blame.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#86300 Apr 14, 2013
TIP ABSOLUTE TRUTH SEEKERS:

The unique (individual) algorithm matrix in your mind/brain called the “ability to choose” has the option to choose logical or illogical information and apply it to your day to day living. You have two opposite options to apply to your “ability to choose” called the:

1. The law of non-contradiction.
2. The law of contradiction.

The “algorithm matrix” most of you know as the “soul” is incarnated in you at birth/conception.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#86301 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?
You deny the miracle working power of our Creator, so how can I try to explain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Camilla 161,438
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,756
motorcycle traveling stories 7 min TALLYHO 8541 561
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 8 min Independent1 8,344
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min Mega Monster 17,005
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 9 min MrsGladToBeMe 850
Word association (Jun '07) 10 min Mega Monster 2,843
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr MrsGladToBeMe 110
More from around the web