Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223360 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86315 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you see that here all the time. irrefutable evidence that there was no global flood in humn's time, for example, yet the cult mentality is to just start repeating the mantra...
cult deprogrammers run into this all the time. the cult members , when faced with clear, provable facts that they have been lied to by their cult, retreat into repeating the cult mantra over and over. it is all they have when they are that brainwashed...
Irony.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#86316 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Because it befits you.
*sigh*

"I do not think it means what you think it means."
bohart

White Pine, TN

#86317 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we do not believe that happens based upon chance. I have referred you to sources in the past that explains this to you but you either could not understand them or ignored them.
Considering your intelligence the problem was that you did not understand them.
Tell that to your fellow cultist woodtick, you faith driven idiot.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#86318 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You deny the miracle working power of our Creator, so how can I try to explain?
Magic again?

Level 2

Location hidden

#86319 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Suiciders can determine their demise down to the second.
Please, explain clearly and vividly.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86320 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, belief in Demons and spirits is one of the clues that your (and all others) religion is just a false belief. Demons, spirits, and Gods all depend on magic being true. When the Bible was written people believed magic was real.
We now KNOW it is not. Just like we KNOW there is no such thing as witches.
No. But sincerely speaking you have just gave your side of the coin( opinion).
Opinions are always welcomed, whether false or true.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#86321 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"" "" The Bible Code """"" """"" "
"It is absolutely, completely, and totally impossible to mathematically disprove theomatics. The overall validity of this discovery ~ the fact that God did it ~ is unimpeachable. Theomatics will never be disproven. In fact, no one will even come close to it. The evidence is so thoroughly convincing and so absolutely conclusive, that those who examine it carefully, their knees will buckle and they will quite literally fall to the ground ~ they will not be able to stand up against it."
http://www.biblecode.com/proof.html
The primary objection advanced against Bible codes is that information theory does not prohibit "noise" from appearing to be sometimes meaningful. Thus, if data chosen for ELS experiments are intentionally or unintentionally "cooked" before the experiment is defined, similar patterns can be found in texts other than the Torah. Although the probability of an ELS in a random place being a meaningful word is small, there are so many possible starting points and skip patterns that many such words can be expected to appear, depending on the details chosen for the experiment, and that it is possible to "tune" an ELS experiment to achieve a result which appears to exhibit patterns that overcome the level of noise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86322 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Please, explain clearly and vividly.
Gun to temple...eyes on clock second hand...fire when ready..:-)

Level 2

Location hidden

#86323 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are right about the Wicca type witches. They don't have magical powers I was talking about the mythical witches that the Church seems to believe in...the ones they think have actual magical witchly powers.
Get your dictionary and find out the meaning of witch, witches and witch craft.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86324 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Another word that you don't know the meaning of.
Show me a lie by an evolutionist and I will find you two by deniers.
Foul!
You are a born liar, no denial. Lol

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86325 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. But sincerely speaking you have just gave your side of the coin( opinion).
Opinions are always welcomed, whether false or true.
Not quite opinion. It is conclusion based on searching the literature for over 50 years now for ANY evidence that magic or supernatural or religion is true....and never finding ONE thing to attest to magic, supernatural, or Gods.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86326 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
"I do not think it means what you think it means."
Ofcourse. It is normal. A born liar will always call another, a liar. Irony in disguise.
(Shrug)

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86327 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"" "" The Bible Code """"" """"" "
"It is absolutely, completely, and totally impossible to mathematically disprove theomatics. The overall validity of this discovery ~ the fact that God did it ~ is unimpeachable. Theomatics will never be disproven. In fact, no one will even come close to it. The evidence is so thoroughly convincing and so absolutely conclusive, that those who examine it carefully, their knees will buckle and they will quite literally fall to the ground ~ they will not be able to stand up against it."
http://www.biblecode.com/proof.html
After reviewing the Wikipedia page on 'Bible Code' I withdraw any conditional acceptance at all

Level 2

Location hidden

#86328 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun to temple...eyes on clock second hand...fire when ready..:-)
More of your idioms. Case closed!

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86329 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More of your idioms. Case closed!
I'm sorry. did you not understand what I wrote?

Level 2

Location hidden

#86330 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite opinion. It is conclusion based on searching the literature for over 50 years now for ANY evidence that magic or supernatural or religion is true....and never finding ONE thing to attest to magic, supernatural, or Gods.
Why are you so hard hearted in this/ that?
You can never rule out the existence of the Almighty and other spiritual forces, never!

Level 2

Location hidden

#86331 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. did you not understand what I wrote?
I understood, you meant that, death is un-avoidable( in-evitable). This is true, but we all knew, no well to do or comfortable humans, will actually wants to die.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#86332 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse. It is normal. A born liar will always call another, a liar. Irony in disguise.
(Shrug)
No.

I never called you a liar, that I can recall.

I suggest merely that you unfamiliarity with the language might have led you into error.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86333 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
I suggest merely that you unfamiliarity with the language might have led you into error.
Poof!
I was born with the language. You have again, lied.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86334 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Dull!
Go through your post once again and see your error.
No one is perfect, not even the English.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 2 min quilterqueen 4,294
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 7 min quilterqueen 14,449
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min wichita-rick 228,415
Are you a morning person or a night person? (Jul '09) 24 min brooke 29
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 48,141
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr -TheExam- 39,224
News Drunk Men Were 'Hopelessly Locked Together' Wit... 1 hr brooke 6
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr aka Deja Blue 151,123
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Politico Incorrecto 34,769
More from around the web