Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
81,421 - 81,440 of 113,153 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86116
Apr 13, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
As none of what you said can prove it isn't.
Life could be elsewhere I think it's probable.
But apparently it will have to have something like Earth to be so.
And right now
*it is the only place in the universe we know it exists.
Efforts to discover it , have led us to believe the Earth is rare, very rare, our galaxy system is unique, our solar system is unique, our planet is unique. It seems galaxies and systems as well as planets are all like snowflakes, no two are the same.
\ We just differ on opinion of what life on Earth is.
If we destroy Earth we destroy life , Earth could exist devoid of live. But it would no longer be Earth , it would just be some planet with no one to even realize it.
yes, yes it does. the Earth is not a living entity. no planet is. the Earth just harbors life. more accurately, life developed on Earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86117
Apr 13, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Damascus was prophesied to be wiped out forever also
Yup, and in the same book Egypt was supposed to be defeated too:

"Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years."

And what is the hang up with the ancient Jews and the number 40?

Jesus also prophesized the wrong amount of time that he would be dead and buried. Or else his disciples got anxious and raided the tomb early.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86118
Apr 13, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
As none of what you said can prove it isn't.
Life could be elsewhere I think it's probable.
But apparently it will have to have something like Earth to be so.
And right now
*it is the only place in the universe we know it exists.
Efforts to discover it , have led us to believe the Earth is rare, very rare, our galaxy system is unique, our solar system is unique, our planet is unique. It seems galaxies and systems as well as planets are all like snowflakes, no two are the same.
\ We just differ on opinion of what life on Earth is.
If we destroy Earth we destroy life , Earth could exist devoid of live. But it would no longer be Earth , it would just be some planet with no one to even realize it.
So if life once existed on mars when it had atmosphere and water, is it not now Mars?

your statement makes no sense. a planet is not a living entity.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86119
Apr 13, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
Witches are evil spirits that possesses women or girls. For men, they are called wizard. Spirits, whether good or bad, do exist.
You are a strange fellow, witches are people who belong to a coven or order of paganistic practices. Mostly people with a holistic or natural approach to medicines and life using apothecary techniques with natural substances. I guess you don't know who Kaitlyn is as she is a real witch irl of the Strega variety.

Other than that , disembodiment and spirits are good for scary movies, but they aren't real cuz. Wake the fuck up , you're dreaming!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86120
Apr 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So if life once existed on mars when it had atmosphere and water, is it not now Mars?
your statement makes no sense. a planet is not a living entity.
No but we would call it a "*dead planet". But so far no indicator that even microbial life ever existed there.
Which is a shame, I had hope they would find it.

A totally dead planet doesn't even have geophysical changes going on.
But a living planet, now define that.
The Truth

Adamsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86121
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sick of Stupid wrote:
In high school science there should be no talk of creationism. It is not science. Evolution, believe it or not is science. Creationism is a Christian MYTH. Creationism should be taught is high school. In history class, along with all the other mythology attached to other religions.
The story of Adam and Eve is no different than the stories of Greek mythology.
The Holy Bible, especially the Old Testament is a collection of Myths.
Moses parting the Red Sea...Myth
Noah and the Ark...Myth
Sodom and Gamora...Myth
Adam and Eve...Myth
Etc, Etc...
That is not to say the Bible is all myths, there are of course the gospels of the disiples, eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus, andthe same can be said for most other religions practiced today, mostly myth, and some historical accuracy.
Christian Mythology does not belong in a science class.
Well mythology means it isn't true.... But if you were to have studied the bible at all you'd notice that there are a lot of facts historical wise in the new testament.. Science and The Bible go hand in hand if you look closely. Why think that god did everything with a snap of his finger ... Mary being a virgin and having a baby sounds a lot like artificial insemination.. Sodom and Gomorrah sounds like it was destroyed by a nuclear weapon since it vaporized lot's wife.... God is the father of everything it mentions in the bible that humans couldn't even bare to comprehend what God knows.... THE FATHER OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY... I believe... Obviously hean is either light years away or in a completely other dimension... For all we know when the Earth was made it could've existed with age already.... Adam and Eve didn't start out as children they had Adult bodies

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86122
Apr 13, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are already dying many thousand times before your real death. Now listen Chimes, God is a God of patience that is very slow to anger, he has his own time of dealing with us all, so you are very free to make any form of noises you deem it fit.
God like our parents has given us all free wills to choose between good or bad, " Atheism ", or " Theism ".
You still avoid the core question.

Do you believe God has free will?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86123
Apr 13, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
Witches are evil spirits that possesses women or girls. For men, they are called wizard. Spirits, whether good or bad, do exist.
Charles, you DO understand that these things are just myth or folklore, and NOT REAL things....don't you???

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86124
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve didn't start out as children they had Adult bodies
You understand that Adam and Eve NEVER existed....don't you???

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86125
Apr 13, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and in the same book Egypt was supposed to be defeated too:
"Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years."
And what is the hang up with the ancient Jews and the number 40?
Jesus also prophesized the wrong amount of time that he would be dead and buried. Or else his disciples got anxious and raided the tomb early.
From what I understand of Hebrews the number 40 just means 'a lot of years' Nice of them to be so precise, don't you think?.:-)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86126
Apr 13, 2013
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don’t know that this is true, and I don’t believe you do either. Are you a physicist like Stephen Hawking?"
Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had. Of course the new line of science does seem to want to play with the correct meaning of the word because of the Multi dimensions ideas.
There really is no need for them to change the definition of the word. what science really need to do when they are talking about our universe and only this dimension the they should have a new word meaning that rather then changing words meaning. The word universe was first coined to mean all space, matter and energy. Not all that is known at the time for if that was the case Hubble would be looking at other universes.
"Your God is a real mystery. He has never shown himself".
In modern times you are correct. However God has shown himself many times in the past. Have you never seen the movie Monty Pythons "Quest for the Holy Grail"? Proofs right there.
You write:
"Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had."

So what you are saying is that basically you have no schooling at all in the subject....you are just tapping into discussions on creationist junkscience websites. Right??
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86128
Apr 13, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You write:
"Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had."

So what you are saying is that basically you have no schooling at all in the subject....you are just tapping into discussions on creationist junkscience websites. Right??
Ha ha ha

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86129
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, yes it does. the Earth is not a living entity. no planet is. the Earth just harbors life. more accurately, life developed on Earth.
Can you definitively and decisively say with evidence to support your hypothesis that Earth did not uniquely develop this life in a singular fashion within this solar system? Because as it stands to reason , the very reason there is life on Earth, is directly related to the fact that it IS Earth. Now I will listen to the reasoning that Earth is not the reason life developed, but think you will have a very hard time in finding supportive evidence that life did not

*in fact need Earth^^ to develop.

In fact I (like the Eye in FBI) look forward to your evidence life doesn't need Earth at all. To thrive in this...universe.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86131
Apr 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet those don't exist. at least there is not one shred of evidence to suggest they do.
myths are not evidence.
Then i will be forced to say once again that, you are ignorant.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86132
Apr 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as there is not factual base to your spiritual matters, they are no-one's strong suit, except for the charlatans and cult leaders that live of the lie of them.
If that is what your cult is feeding with, let me start by telling you that, they are all pack of lies.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86133
Apr 13, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Under this premise , I need only to close my eyes and profess anything...and it's true. How terribly clever, this is how religions work though.
Then i must confess that, you need an education on Demonology and Spiritual matters, these forces do( truly) exist.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86134
Apr 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.
That is it!
People can not agree on every thing, hence the belief systems or faith will comes in.
Beliefs do differ.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86135
Apr 13, 2013
 
Life on earth is what it is because of kinds. Life on earth must require diversified types of things which peform within given outlined areas of skill or characteristicly suitable locations for each kind to work to be fruitful and to multiply.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86136
Apr 13, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is everywhere on it and in it.
Microbes are found as much as 3 miles below the surface of land.
It certainly appears that the Earth itself is what made life possible, it is a fact that it is alive, but whether it is conscious
is a larger question. Since the biosphere is what made biogenesis possible and is unique to Earth , I don't think we can say it is not alive, it is the only thing we know to be alive.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2013/03/06/1735...
That is where your lack of understanding comes in, God is the creator of life and the universe. Until you guys understand that, arguments will never come to an end.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86137
Apr 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.
OH, oh!
I thought science are un-limited. Where science stops, God starts.
God made that to be possible. You guys should accept that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••