Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#86124 Apr 13, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve didn't start out as children they had Adult bodies
You understand that Adam and Eve NEVER existed....don't you???

Level 9

Patagonia

#86125 Apr 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and in the same book Egypt was supposed to be defeated too:
"Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years."
And what is the hang up with the ancient Jews and the number 40?
Jesus also prophesized the wrong amount of time that he would be dead and buried. Or else his disciples got anxious and raided the tomb early.
From what I understand of Hebrews the number 40 just means 'a lot of years' Nice of them to be so precise, don't you think?.:-)

Level 9

Patagonia

#86126 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don’t know that this is true, and I don’t believe you do either. Are you a physicist like Stephen Hawking?"
Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had. Of course the new line of science does seem to want to play with the correct meaning of the word because of the Multi dimensions ideas.
There really is no need for them to change the definition of the word. what science really need to do when they are talking about our universe and only this dimension the they should have a new word meaning that rather then changing words meaning. The word universe was first coined to mean all space, matter and energy. Not all that is known at the time for if that was the case Hubble would be looking at other universes.
"Your God is a real mystery. He has never shown himself".
In modern times you are correct. However God has shown himself many times in the past. Have you never seen the movie Monty Pythons "Quest for the Holy Grail"? Proofs right there.
You write:
"Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had."

So what you are saying is that basically you have no schooling at all in the subject....you are just tapping into discussions on creationist junkscience websites. Right??
KJV

United States

#86128 Apr 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You write:
"Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had."

So what you are saying is that basically you have no schooling at all in the subject....you are just tapping into discussions on creationist junkscience websites. Right??
Ha ha ha

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86129 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, yes it does. the Earth is not a living entity. no planet is. the Earth just harbors life. more accurately, life developed on Earth.
Can you definitively and decisively say with evidence to support your hypothesis that Earth did not uniquely develop this life in a singular fashion within this solar system? Because as it stands to reason , the very reason there is life on Earth, is directly related to the fact that it IS Earth. Now I will listen to the reasoning that Earth is not the reason life developed, but think you will have a very hard time in finding supportive evidence that life did not

*in fact need Earth^^ to develop.

In fact I (like the Eye in FBI) look forward to your evidence life doesn't need Earth at all. To thrive in this...universe.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86131 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet those don't exist. at least there is not one shred of evidence to suggest they do.
myths are not evidence.
Then i will be forced to say once again that, you are ignorant.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86132 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as there is not factual base to your spiritual matters, they are no-one's strong suit, except for the charlatans and cult leaders that live of the lie of them.
If that is what your cult is feeding with, let me start by telling you that, they are all pack of lies.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86133 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Under this premise , I need only to close my eyes and profess anything...and it's true. How terribly clever, this is how religions work though.
Then i must confess that, you need an education on Demonology and Spiritual matters, these forces do( truly) exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86134 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.
That is it!
People can not agree on every thing, hence the belief systems or faith will comes in.
Beliefs do differ.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#86135 Apr 13, 2013
Life on earth is what it is because of kinds. Life on earth must require diversified types of things which peform within given outlined areas of skill or characteristicly suitable locations for each kind to work to be fruitful and to multiply.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86136 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is everywhere on it and in it.
Microbes are found as much as 3 miles below the surface of land.
It certainly appears that the Earth itself is what made life possible, it is a fact that it is alive, but whether it is conscious
is a larger question. Since the biosphere is what made biogenesis possible and is unique to Earth , I don't think we can say it is not alive, it is the only thing we know to be alive.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2013/03/06/1735...
That is where your lack of understanding comes in, God is the creator of life and the universe. Until you guys understand that, arguments will never come to an end.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86137 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.
OH, oh!
I thought science are un-limited. Where science stops, God starts.
God made that to be possible. You guys should accept that.
Jethro

Butler, PA

#86138 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Can you definitively and decisively say with evidence to support your hypothesis that Earth did not uniquely develop this life in a singular fashion within this solar system? Because as it stands to reason , the very reason there is life on Earth, is directly related to the fact that it IS Earth. Now I will listen to the reasoning that Earth is not the reason life developed, but think you will have a very hard time in finding supportive evidence that life did not
*in fact need Earth^^ to develop.
In fact I (like the Eye in FBI) look forward to your evidence life doesn't need Earth at all. To thrive in this...universe.
Even I can figure out that this is one load of horse manure outta auntie!

Level 2

Location hidden

#86139 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>none of that changes the fact that the Earth is not a living organism.
you think this is the only place in the universe that has life? really?
Now Boogie Wood, could you please name one other planet that sustains life apart from planet earth?
I am waiting!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#86140 Apr 13, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Life on earth is what it is because of kinds. Life on earth must require diversified types of things which peform within given outlined areas of skill or characteristicly suitable locations for each kind to work to be fruitful and to multiply.
Did that make sense in the writing?

Only it didn't in the reading.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86141 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no they do not. you do not have one teensy shred of evidence to even suggest that they might possibly be considered to be real. not one shred.
people who believe in them are not dealing with reality.
That is where the blindness comes in.
Don't give a blind eye to reality. Things are happening.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#86142 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now Boogie Wood, could you please name one other planet that sustains life apart from planet earth?
I am waiting!
I cannot.

I, too, am waiting - but I suspect that our emotional states are quite different.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86143 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you're like Steven Wright. he plans to live forever. so far, so good...
Wake up!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86144 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then i must confess that, you need an education on Demonology and Spiritual matters, these forces do( truly) exist.
Ugh huh and so does tarzan.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86145 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a strange fellow, witches are people who belong to a coven or order of paganistic practices. Mostly people with a holistic or natural approach to medicines and life using apothecary techniques with natural substances. I guess you don't know who Kaitlyn is as she is a real witch irl of the Strega variety.
Other than that , disembodiment and spirits are good for scary movies, but they aren't real cuz. Wake the fuck up , you're dreaming!
No!
Witch Doctors or hunters are what you are referring to.
Two spirits thrives on this earth, they are: forces of good and evil.
Witches are under the categories of evil, that possesses physical women or girls, who were never born witches.
Witches are possessed and inherited spirits. Wake up, Aura.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min CJ Rocker 149,001
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 19 min Rose of Tralee 24,573
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 20 min Enzo49 143
If you could live in a book ~ 28 min Emerald 4
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 30 min Princess Hey 6,239
Cops: Woman Tries to Break Into Ex's House, Get... 39 min wichita-rick 7
You know it's over when... (Aug '12) 1 hr CJ Rocker 1,394
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 2 hr beatlesinthebog 38
True or False Game 2 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 3 hr SLY WEST 32