Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86082 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Spirits, angels, demons, witches, wizards and the likes. They are all spiritual forces whether good or bad that associates with humans, knowingly or un-knowingly.
Are you saying Kaitlyn is immortal?
Wizards are fantasy as are spirits, angels, and demons.
Witches really do exist , but they are not immortal.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86083 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Spirits, angels, demons, witches, wizards and the likes. They are all spiritual forces whether good or bad that associates with humans, knowingly or un-knowingly.
yet those don't exist. at least there is not one shred of evidence to suggest they do.

myths are not evidence.

St. Croix valley

#86084 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I can see, spiritual matters are truly or really not your strong suit.
as there is not factual base to your spiritual matters, they are no-one's strong suit, except for the charlatans and cult leaders that live of the lie of them.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86085 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can you see immortals with your naked eyes ? No!
But they really do exist, some of the evidence to that/ this are, dreams, revelations, prophecies, trance, etc.
You may not understand the things of the spirits.
Under this premise , I need only to close my eyes and profess anything...and it's true. How terribly clever, this is how religions work though.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86086 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the universe is not a living being.
That depends on how you look at it.

You see part of it is.

Since the part of it that is alive, is in no way separate from it.
Then it too is alive, or at least part of it is.

St. Croix valley

#86087 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That depends on how you look at it.
You see part of it is.
Since the part of it that is alive, is in no way separate from it.
Then it too is alive, or at least part of it is.
i would say there are living organisms in the universe, but the universe itself is not a living being.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86088 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would say there are living organisms in the universe, but the universe itself is not a living being.
How could you tell?
I'm not the only one who thinks it is.

St. Croix valley

#86089 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> How could you tell?
I'm not the only one who thinks it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6jIeHsefCPkXX
i know people who think the Earth is a living organism, it doesn't mean they are correct.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86090 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know people who think the Earth is a living organism, it doesn't mean they are correct.
Are you implying the biosphere is not alive?
KJV

United States

#86091 Apr 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You write:
“Your science and you claim that the universes is 13.7 billion or 14 billion or 15 billion years old give or take. The exact date is not important at all.
The fact is you and your science agree on one very important item. That item is the universe had a start, A beginning.“

You are right the exact date is not important; in fact the exact date is impossible to determine. As far as the beginning goes, we ‘think’ it had a beginning 14+- billion years ago

You write:
“The word universe means all matter and space and energy, not that is known but ALL matter, space & energy that would include Multi verses.”

I don’t know that this is true, and I don’t believe you do either. Are you a physicist like Stephen Hawking?

You write:
“So we have a date that science and you agree that the Universe (ALL matter, Space & energy) started. Before the start of the universe there was no matter or space or energy because if there was then there would have been the universe and hence no beginning date that science and you claim was about 14 billion years ago ( give or take a few billion ). So this brings us to the same point that you laugh at Theist about. Your universe model sprang fourth from nothingness.”

Yes, this is the data that those scientists in the field hold. It sprang from essentially nothing, or a miniscule point of energy. I’m not a physicist so you need to go easy on me here..:-)

I do see where you’re going with this.

You write:
“Nothing then poof everything.
But in your case there is nothing or no reason for this magic to have happened.”

I think it is entirely possible that sometime in the future a genius physicist may solve the problem, so we’ll just have to wait for that moment.

I think your God and our universe are inscrutable. Actually at this time I think your God is not real. We understand that the universe is true because we live in it and can see millions/billions of various points of data in it. We know we humans are made of star stuff, as we have a small bit of knowledge about how the universe works.

Your God is a real mystery. He has never shown himself, or done anything at all to prove his existence. His book, the Bible, is being shown to be nothing but myth/stories with some little connections to historical characters and places. ALL the foundational stories that set ‘Him’ up as the creator of our world and us humans are being proven wrong. It’s going to be interesting to follow what happens in the coming years.
"I don’t know that this is true, and I don’t believe you do either. Are you a physicist like Stephen Hawking?"

Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had. Of course the new line of science does seem to want to play with the correct meaning of the word because of the Multi dimensions ideas.
There really is no need for them to change the definition of the word. what science really need to do when they are talking about our universe and only this dimension the they should have a new word meaning that rather then changing words meaning. The word universe was first coined to mean all space, matter and energy. Not all that is known at the time for if that was the case Hubble would be looking at other universes.

"Your God is a real mystery. He has never shown himself".

In modern times you are correct. However God has shown himself many times in the past. Have you never seen the movie Monty Pythons "Quest for the Holy Grail"? Proofs right there.

St. Croix valley

#86092 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying the biosphere is not alive?
I am saying the planet is not a living being. there are living organisms on it.

St. Croix valley

#86093 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don’t know that this is true, and I don’t believe you do either. Are you a physicist like Stephen Hawking?"
Just using all dictionary and schooling I've had. Of course the new line of science does seem to want to play with the correct meaning of the word because of the Multi dimensions ideas.
There really is no need for them to change the definition of the word. what science really need to do when they are talking about our universe and only this dimension the they should have a new word meaning that rather then changing words meaning. The word universe was first coined to mean all space, matter and energy. Not all that is known at the time for if that was the case Hubble would be looking at other universes.
"Your God is a real mystery. He has never shown himself".
In modern times you are correct. However God has shown himself many times in the past. Have you never seen the movie Monty Pythons "Quest for the Holy Grail"? Proofs right there.
if you believe that, then you must believe that all the gods invented by man have shown themselves. there is no evidence your myth is any truer than the others.
KJV

United States

#86094 Apr 13, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Its about changes to the nucleotide sequence, large or small.

The EFFECTS of some mutations might be to change eye colour. Or lengthen a limb slightly. Or increase the bone density in the nose. etc etc etc Whether this changes the odds of survival is what determines whether such a change gets selected for or against.

But the effects of MOST mutations is exactly zero.

That is biology as understood by biologists. Not your comic book "grow a pair of gills, you pussy!" scenario.

Growing a pair of gills would be the result of a long series of small mutations, most or all of which would offer some slight benefit along the way even if that benefit is not actually "gills" until very late in the development. The earlier stages might be providing some other function or an intermediate one.
"No. Its about changes to the nucleotide sequence, large or small."

How can switching on or off an already existing switch be mutations? Evolution? The switch is all ready there!

If that is a mutation then your house mutates every time a light is turned on or off. The out come of the light being turn on is light is in the room you're in "mutation"? I think not for it was designed to be turned on and off.
The same as for genes designed to be turned on and off right from the beginning.
KJV

United States

#86095 Apr 13, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>Science is honest enough to say that before the big bang - we don't know. Nobody does, including you.

Instead of admitting it, you pretend you have an answer in "God", yet all you have done is move the question back one step.

The reality is that nobody knows why there is anything, and "God" is not an answer.
"Science is honest enough to say that before the big bang - we don't know. Nobody does, including you"

True science doesn't know. We do because we were told by the creator how and why he did it. Because science and you cover your ears and run around going La La La La. Doesn't make our claim less valid. You would rather fully believe a guess like the BB that they can't have a clue too how or why then read a book that answers all of those question.

God is the answer. Science has not and can not answer or reproduce any of it's big three myths.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86096 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science is honest enough to say that before the big bang - we don't know. Nobody does, including you"
True science doesn't know. We do because we were told by the creator how and why he did it. Because science and you cover your ears and run around going La La La La. Doesn't make our claim less valid. You would rather fully believe a guess like the BB that they can't have a clue too how or why then read a book that answers all of those question.
God is the answer. Science has not and can not answer or reproduce any of it's big three myths.
No, you have a book of myth written by bunch of bronze age sheep shaggers. Science is not based upon guesswork, it is based upon evidence.

Now we might not laugh at you so much if you had just a smidgeon evidence that supported your ridiculous claims.
KJV

United States

#86097 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you believe that, then you must believe that all the gods invented by man have shown themselves. there is no evidence your myth is any truer than the others.
Yes there is a huge difference. We have the Bible.

2500 prophecies
2000 fulfilled to a T

History recorded in the Bible that as recently as the past decade has proof been found that backs up the Bible.

Make no mistake the Bible is unique and correct.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86098 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I am saying the planet is not a living being. there are living organisms on it.
Life is everywhere on it and in it.
Microbes are found as much as 3 miles below the surface of land.
It certainly appears that the Earth itself is what made life possible, it is a fact that it is alive, but whether it is conscious
is a larger question. Since the biosphere is what made biogenesis possible and is unique to Earth , I don't think we can say it is not alive, it is the only thing we know to be alive.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2013/03/06/1735...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86099 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2500 prophecies
2000 fulfilled to a T
History recorded in the Bible that as recently as the past decade has proof been found that backs up the Bible.
Sorry, wrong.

Many of them written after the fact. No real prophecies fulfilled and many failed.

Try defending the terribly failed Tyre prophecy.

St. Croix valley

#86100 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2500 prophecies
2000 fulfilled to a T
no, they are not prophecies filled to a tee. they are vague , horoscope like predictions that are useless.

other religious cults have their stories and books also. your cult has nothing to support it being more correct or true than any other cult.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86101 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It in fact is , the timescale involved is extremely large in comparison to a human life, in fact it is extremely large in comparison to the lives of all humans combined.
But the universe itself is not exempt from the second law.
Nothing in this universe is exempt from it.
Eventually it will suffer heat death.
Quite right with the exception of the Almighty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min whatimeisit 6,980
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 5 min Gofigger 3,315
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Sublime1 20,040
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 19 min Denny CranesPlace 17
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 19 min AmyFaith 137,693
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 20 min Crazy Beautiful 5,575
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 37 min Colonel Sanders 10
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 2 hr Chester 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy Beautiful 146,959
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••