Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195281 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85922 Apr 12, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except change His mind.
If God is omniscient about the future, He can never do that.
God has no Free Will.
If humans knows that doing wrong will lead to disaster, we will never dare that, but yet people still find themselves daring that, why?
God has given us that free will to decide which way we want to follow.
Are you the owner of your life?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85923 Apr 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Read his quote, dummy. 150,00 square kilometers is not global. Unless you figure the world was really, really tiny back then.
Or not as mountainous. Isn't it your scientists who claim the continents shifted?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85924 Apr 12, 2013
More on Robert Ballard. He is an oceanographer by profession. He is famous for discovering shipwrecks which would hardly make him an archaeologist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ballard
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85925 Apr 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And for that Christian decency you fail to display.
Don't like me living by the rules you atheists live by? Too bad. Sorry, never was one to be under any mere human's heel.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85926 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantine raised an Army and defeated Emperor Licinius in battle. Licinius surrendered.
Then Emperor Constantine hanged him a year later, breaking his promise to him that his life would be spared if he surrendered.
Onward Christian soldiers!
HUH!
Truth is really bitter. People generally hates hearing it. From your premises, you have made us to understand the fame and reality of Christianity, that was why the Romans strongholds were divided, one for idols and the other for Christianity.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85927 Apr 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
“It probably was a bad day. At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under,” Ballard explained.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/11/no...
Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Titanic. duh!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85928 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Or not as mountainous. Isn't it your scientists who claim the continents shifted?
Again, if you're claiming such massive movements of mass less than 6,000 years ago, Noah's survival is gonna be a SERIOUS problem.

Oh wait, no problem - just say Goddidit with magic and it's all sorted.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85929 Apr 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I just Google searched it. There are quite a few interviews with him.
Why can't ceratards do their own homework.
Besides it seems he is just and explorer from the one interview I read. He is not an archaeologist according to the one I saw.
So again, links please.
Ask mike, he attached it. Both articles of the interview from different sources say the same thing. You won't like the article because it doesn't support your rhetoric, don't say I didn't warn you.....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85930 Apr 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If humans knows that doing wrong will lead to disaster, we will never dare that, but yet people still find themselves daring that, why?
God has given us that free will to decide which way we want to follow.
Are you the owner of your life?
Not according to the "God" premise.

This has already been pointed out to you numerous times over, yet you still have yet to solve this particular philosophical problem.

Don't worry though, no other fundie on the entire planet has yet either.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85931 Apr 12, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text> BOING!!! That was the irony meter exploding! LMFAO!!!
Another liar for atheist( evolution)
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85932 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So his return is "imminent" even though nobody knows when the heck that is. It could be:
2 seconds from now.
2 minutes.
2 hours.
2 days.
2 weeks.
2 years.
2 decades.
2 centuries.
2 millenia.
2 million years.
2 billion years.
Never.
NOBODY KNOWS.
But soon-ish, right?
I'm trying to think of a reason why I should take you any more seriously than Ellen G White or Harold Camping.
Who's asking you to dud? You have free will.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85933 Apr 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
More on Robert Ballard. He is an oceanographer by profession. He is famous for discovering shipwrecks which would hardly make him an archaeologist.
There's also no evidence he's a fundie. Even if he was to go as far as saying the Noah story may have been based on a real event.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85934 Apr 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Chimney is a good name for you, you just blow alot of smoke.
Lol
Smoke of False Witness and Lying.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85935 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like me living by the rules you atheists live by? Too bad. Sorry, never was one to be under any mere human's heel.
Well, except for the fact you are under the heel of mere humans.(shrug)

For everything you (think you) "know" about God comes from mere humans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#85936 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Shifting the goalposts, dear? Running away from the Ballard thing already?

Yes, continental drift has been scientifically demonstrated. By my scientists and yours. However, the amount of change over 4500 years is very minor. Nor would it stretch 150,000 square kilometers across the globe. You're really reaching now.

You do work in a technical field, do you not?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85937 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah's flood never happened.
Unless it was a local event, in which case lots of floods have happened over time.
It wasn't global though, otherwise none of us would be here to talk about it.
What part of "repopulate the earth" don't you understand?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#85938 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Titanic. duh!
You are every bit as stupid as you are hypocritical.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85939 Apr 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out the fact that if bad methods are used the date you get from radiometric dating is useless.
I am curious to know how they knew that the shellfish they dated were not contaminated. It is a big problem keeping old carbon which will give an artificially high date out of shellfish.
Applied to your highly regarded theory of evolution as well......
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85940 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Noah’s Biblical Flood Actually Happened, Says Famed Archeologist Who Found the Titanic. duh!
150,000 square kilometers of land.

Duh!!!
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85941 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence that this entity of yours even exists, your post remains nothing but a threat of yours.
An empty threat.
That's what Satan is counting on.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min gracefallen hopel... 189,161
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 6 min greymouser 31
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 6 min Princess Hey 10,813
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 7 min Princess Hey 3,771
One Word (Jan '09) 8 min Princess Hey 15,127
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 8 min Princess Hey 1,738
News Donald Trumpa s bizarre California GOP conventi... 24 min Quirky 25
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr TheJerseyDevil 5,307
More from around the web