Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85757 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>God is not limited to the same "restrictions" like we are possessed with.
Neither is Superman. Prove that Superman does not exist.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85758 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Nope I meant what I originally stated.
I sure you do, however it is still an assertion by your flesh eating blood drinking death cult.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85759 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>God is not limited to the same "restrictions" like we are possessed with.
Neither is Harry Potter, Santa, The Tooth Fairy, Thor etc etc ad nauseum.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85760 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Romans fought the Romans. Some believed in Jesus, some believed in Zeus. The new Christian Roman emperor was Christian because Christianity was rising in popularity. He managed to get into power via the usual political dealings and that was it. But then he was deposed and replaced by another emperor who brought back the old theology. Then he was deposed himself by yet another Christian emperor.
And if you think all this was done by swapping apple pies, teddy bears and cuddles then you are seriously deluded.
By the way, what "atheist" were you referring to?
Delusion!
Dreaming again, Ducky.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85761 Apr 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe Jesus was resurrected say Jesus founded it,
which would be true if the resurrection was.
Sorry Charlie, nobody ever came back from dead, and if they did...
you would run away as fast as you could.
To last or second paragraph, there is nothing too hard or difficult for God to do.
Ofcourse Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith, even Paul stated that in all his epistles.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85762 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>My dear fellow read Christ's "narrative" in Luke 16:19-31.
Not interested in what you can regurgitate. Only interested in what you can demonstrate. Which is apparently not much:
Patriot wrote:
God is not limited to the same "restrictions" like we are possessed with.
Indeed. The Flying Spaghetti Monster reigns. RAMEN!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85763 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Delusion!
Dreaming again, Ducky.
You can't help it.(shrug)

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#85764 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They do have a chance, God does not want anyone to perish( 1 Tim 2:4 and 2 Pet 3:9) but each one of us have a choice. But we must repent unless we likewise perish Luke 13:3.Seems like 2 Thess 1:7-9 would be a wake up call for anyone.
Since God Himself lacks free will I think its a bit arrogant of you to assume you do.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85765 Apr 11, 2013
have free will, I mean.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85766 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Woodtick, nowhere does it say God will kill people who do not believe in him.
According to your silly myths, He already did, several times.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85767 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Christianity was and is founded by Jesus, he called his twelve disciples and apostles, that propagated the gospel of Christ.
Word games, yes yes.

The point the other poster was making in the first place that what YOU call Christianity, the form it took, was largely the design of Paul, not of the original Jesus. There may have been a Jesus who spouted Buddha and Socratic style platitudes and got into some trouble for that, but as for the miracles and resurrection etc... these stories were written long after the purported facts, and are unreliable and inconsistent, so just about everything you THINK you know about Jesus through the lens of this concoction called Christianity is questionable.

You have NO evidence. NO reliable witness accounts. Just the structure created most of all by Paul and a few others, decades later.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85768 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No! You are wrong.
Still ducking the real question I asked you Charlie.

You have no answer, obviously.

A God who knows the future can have no Free Will, because He already knows every decision He will ever make forever and cannot change it one bit.

What makes you think you have free will? Merely the fact that unlike God, you are not sure of your own future choices? Does that make you more free than God Himself?

Come on, don't run away. Answer the questions.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85769 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No! You are wrong.
IN other words, after being unable to provide any reliable sources for the existence of Jesus, let alone claims that he performed miracles and is really God on Earth...

...you cannot even provide any reliable evidence that the Romans fed Christians to the lions? Perhaps its just more "noble persecution" propaganda you guys use to inflate yourselves? The self gratifying notion that you are on the same team as people who would sit there serenely waiting for a lion to eat them, because their faith that heaven was just a quick meal away?

You know, I have never really questioned the notion before. I assumed that the lions really did get to feast on Christians. But now I question even that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85770 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying, I leave that to you. Merely disagreeing with your baseless claims is not lying.
<quoted text>
Christianity had gradually grew in popularity over the centuries. It was inevitable that someone with political power would be Christian. One of those was managed to become emperor.
Then it swapped back.
Then it swapped back again.
Meaning either your first divine intervention wasn't good enough the first time so God needed to intervene again, or he only intervened once but it took a number of years before it finally took hold.
Then as we know, Rome eventually collapsed.
This is how weak you're making your god look.
I for one don't have a problem.(shrug)
No. This is not true. How did the persecuted Christians over powered the Roman power?

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#85771 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To last or second paragraph, there is nothing too hard or difficult for God to do.
Ofcourse Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith, even Paul stated that in all his epistles.
Except change His mind.

If God is omniscient about the future, He can never do that.

God has no Free Will.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#85772 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nicely put, sir! Permission to steal bits, with attribution?
Although I usually am armed...
Go for it macumazahn

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#85773 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Neither is Wyle E. Coyote
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85774 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. This is not true. How did the persecuted Christians over powered the Roman power?
Constantine raised an Army and defeated Emperor Licinius in battle. Licinius surrendered.

Then Emperor Constantine hanged him a year later, breaking his promise to him that his life would be spared if he surrendered.

Onward Christian soldiers!

Level 9

Iquique

#85775 Apr 11, 2013
Tyler in Elsewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are astoundingly progressive for a creationist. However, it is indeed the creationist argument that Adam and Eve were "genetically perfect."
As I've heard it, the running hypothesis/delusion is that because of their perfect genes (presumably from being directly created by God, I suppose), they and their children were able to inbreed without any adverse effects. After the Fall, the genome started degrading, and has been 'devolving' into random noise ever since.
If that sounded like nonsense to you, then your BS radar might still be functioning.
The so-called Adam and Eve may have been genetically perfect, but they were also non-existent.

According to archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA science there was NO Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. To use them in explanations about Christianity and Christian dogma is bogus. They are total fiction.

Level 9

Iquique

#85776 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Romans 3: 28
So Jesus said to them,“Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain,‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17: 20
+++
Thank IANS :D
Men of faith have repeatedly tried to move mountains and have NEVER been able to do so.

Jesus lied....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Laura french 147,741
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 37 min Trouser Cough 29,550
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 40 min Trouser Cough 40,330
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 42 min Trouser Cough 54,695
A six word game (Dec '08) 43 min Trouser Cough 17,626
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 59 min Heres lookin at y... 6,419
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 1 hr Michael 458
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 33
Ebola in America 2 hr Just TLC 38
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr ---Word Woman--- 21,395