Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219629 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#85772 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nicely put, sir! Permission to steal bits, with attribution?
Although I usually am armed...
Go for it macumazahn

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#85773 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>God is not limited to the same "restrictions" like we are possessed with.
Neither is Wyle E. Coyote
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#85774 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. This is not true. How did the persecuted Christians over powered the Roman power?
Constantine raised an Army and defeated Emperor Licinius in battle. Licinius surrendered.

Then Emperor Constantine hanged him a year later, breaking his promise to him that his life would be spared if he surrendered.

Onward Christian soldiers!

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#85775 Apr 11, 2013
Tyler in Elsewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are astoundingly progressive for a creationist. However, it is indeed the creationist argument that Adam and Eve were "genetically perfect."
As I've heard it, the running hypothesis/delusion is that because of their perfect genes (presumably from being directly created by God, I suppose), they and their children were able to inbreed without any adverse effects. After the Fall, the genome started degrading, and has been 'devolving' into random noise ever since.
If that sounded like nonsense to you, then your BS radar might still be functioning.
The so-called Adam and Eve may have been genetically perfect, but they were also non-existent.

According to archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA science there was NO Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. To use them in explanations about Christianity and Christian dogma is bogus. They are total fiction.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#85776 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Romans 3: 28
So Jesus said to them,“Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain,‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17: 20
+++
Thank IANS :D
Men of faith have repeatedly tried to move mountains and have NEVER been able to do so.

Jesus lied....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85777 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They were only persecuted when they caused trouble. The reason Christianity grew in popularity was because they stopped pishing off the Romans. The Romans were fine with this because they were quite happy to incorporate new religions into the Roman pantheon when they conquered a new state. The only problem with the Christians was that they rejected Roman authority and refused to recognise the Emperor as such. That was why they were persecuted. Those that didn't go around shouting their mouths off were fine. And it is only because of people like that that Christianity was able to gradually grow in popularity. To the point where eventually a Roman Christian citizen grew up to be a politician. And being good at politics, managed to scheme his way to the top.
THAT's your 'divine intervention'. Politics.
And Christianity has mastered the art ever since.
BONG!
History has been rewritten( though FALSE).
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85778 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I sure you do, however it is still an assertion by your flesh eating blood drinking death cult.
I am not part of the Roman Catholic church who teaches that
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85779 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>BONG!
BOING!!! That was the irony meter exploding! LMFAO!!!
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85780 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God Himself lacks free will I think its a bit arrogant of you to assume you do.
Chimney is a good name for you, you just blow alot of smoke.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#85781 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>BONG!
So what you're saying is that it's all a big conspiracy even though you have no evidence because the big conspiracy wiped out all evidence?

So far your "divine interventions" have appeared to be less than impressive.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85782 Apr 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is Superman. Prove that Superman does not exist.
Exactly! God is just as real as Superman.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#85783 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To last or second paragraph, there is nothing too hard or difficult for God to do.
Ofcourse Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith, even Paul stated that in all his epistles.
You mean besides actually appearing thus proving it's existence?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85784 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God Himself lacks free will I think its a bit arrogant of you to assume you do.
Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85785 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
Read Harry Potter from beginning to end. He saves the Hogwarts.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85786 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not part of the Roman Catholic church who teaches that
So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85787 Apr 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! God is just as real as Superman.
Fools rush in where others fear to tread.

Luke 11:23 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever …
bible.cc/luke/11-23.htm"W hoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.... as well as those who menaced and excommunicated them for so doing:...

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85788 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
It is good to teach, but do not cast your pearls before swine.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85790 Apr 11, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Fools rush in where others fear to tread.
Luke 11:23 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever …
bible.cc/luke/11-23.htm"W hoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.... as well as those who menaced and excommunicated them for so doing:...
I can quote too:

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be."
-JLA #6, Grant Morrison

SUPERMAN: "I can only tell you what I believe, Diana: humankind has to be allowed to climb to its own destiny. We can't carry them there."
FLASH: "But that's what she's saying. What's the point? Why should they need us at all?"
SUPERMAN: "To catch them if they fall."
-JLA #4, Grant Morrison

And of course:

"This looks like a job for Superman!" Numerous sources.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85791 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.
So you want to discredit the Bible just because the apostate church perverts some of its teachings?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85792 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.
Anyone with an ounce of brains would know he was using parabolic language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 7 min Democrat 1,533
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min I liked him 71,433
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 28 min AtlantaPharts 160
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min wichita-rick 211,698
News College Football Star Arrested On Public Intoxi... 45 min StarPhartzz 2
Why Won't Men Admit They Wear Pantyhose? (Feb '10) 1 hr Mandy 344
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Ship 21,861
Who Are You Missing Today? (Feb '12) 1 hr Enzo49 413
What Turns You Off? 4 hr Brandiiiiiiii 440
More from around the web