Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
80,961 - 80,980 of 112,915 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Seems like atheist don't like any definition of words that can hurt their cause.
Irony meter go boom.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't say something you don't even know about.
It makes you always look like a liar and loser.
Sound advice. Unfortunately you can't stop yourself.(shrug)
Charles Idemi wrote:
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was a divine intervention.
Sorry, but there had been no record of divine intervention for centuries before the Christians controlled Rome. And even they were hearsay written at minimum decades later. However that isn't the point, since there was another Roman coup to counter the sudden Christian "empire", which was then countered by a counter-coup by Christians turning Rome Christian once again, until Rome eventually collapsed under Christian rule.

Must have been Divine Intervention.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I like apples. I don't care much for god and religion, but I like apples.
NO! You're not supposed to eat the apples! Ignore the talking lizard! Feast ye not of the tree of knowledge and remaineth an ignorant slave for all time!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.
After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.
As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.
Bub, assuming you're not lying about being a miner all you know is how to dig a hole using modern equipment. Oh, and don't forget that all your lying for Jesus is completely undercut by your "scientific premise" of GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC! Oh, and your constant lying for Jesus.

You uh, DID remember this didn't you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa clause IS based on a real person.
No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.
A cool thing he did;
From wikipedia -
"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]
One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"
Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.
As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!
Are you SURE about that...?

http://www.examiner.com/article/lake-okanagan...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is a God of time and freewill.
Really? I thought your god was a god of infinity and eternal slavery?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? Is it trade resume time? You figure you've got me beat because I've only spent time on 4 continents? Pretty weak crap, pal.
If you want to maintain that the RATE study was an honest endeavor, have at it. I know better. And so should you.
And he does. He just keeps lying anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Vanity
Yes, that is ultimately the fundie problem.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Creator is the God of the Bible and he did send his beloved only begotten Son to suffer and die for you and me. To think we are something as compared to God, is high conceit.
Yes, that is ultimately the fundie problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I stopped trying to have an intelligent conversation with these atheists
Yes you did. Which is why you are unable to learn.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Ergo you're part of a cult that wastes life worshipping death.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

What happened to Curtis anyway? The UFO's take him on another trip again? I wanted to see how many more times he could contradict the law of non-contradiction!
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you and I believe they have a chance, as long as they are living. God is not willing that any should perish and go to that place that is prepared for the Devil and his angels. I feel sadness for them. God Bless.
People live very good lives without being members of your cult. Why is it such a hard concept for you fundies to grasp?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>True, the Christians never fought the Romans.
Nor did the Ainu.
"Divine"? WTF are you failing to express?
If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bog is a Bog of bacon and cheese.
Were you trying to say something?
In a more simplified way, God is slow to wrath and anger, that is why people like you can say any thing negative.
But surely the end shall tell.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has said that.
As far as I know.
Then you are not sincere( in-sincere).

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You have not answered the question at all. Just avoided it because it screws you completely.
You say God has free will. Yet God cannot do something today that he did not already know he was going to do today. He has known forever what His future decisions and actions would be, because He knows everything about everything, past present and future.
Therefore God cannot make any new choices. God cannot change his mind and surprise himself with a decision he did not already know he would make since the beginning of time.
God has NO FREE WILL!
Do you?
God is infinite, no doubt about that.
But why some people thinks he is not in existence because he is slow to anger and wrath.
God is perfect and he has his own plan and purpose of achieving the desired ends.
Man proposes but God disposes.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Best to watch your step in this one first. Or your preparation time may be cut short. Most of us think that choosing to make living
in THIS LIFE better for everyone is a far more noble deed , and the key to winning in life. After its over, well plenty of time for after life in the grave. But it's much better above ground, count your blessings.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).
You mean the rein of the psychopathic Romans finally came to an end.
It was belief in a imaginary god that helped this happen, I will give you that much. But the Renaissance happened because our brains started to work for a change. Some of us (you for one) need this imaginary big brother to function correctly, whilst the others
need no such imaginary friends to understand why we should do the right things.

It's just that simple.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You have not answered the question at all. Just avoided it because it screws you completely.
You say God has free will. Yet God cannot do something today that he did not already know he was going to do today. He has known forever what His future decisions and actions would be, because He knows everything about everything, past present and future.
Therefore God cannot make any new choices. God cannot change his mind and surprise himself with a decision he did not already know he would make since the beginning of time.
God has NO FREE WILL!
Do you?
And again, answer just this few questions.
Why are we not perfect when perfection are looking at us?
Why do we make a choice only to end up at times in disappointment?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).
Hmm. God divinely intervened for the christians?

When was that again, and what did he do?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 7 min Parden Pard 17,239
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min Parden Pard 39,915
Name something women do better then men .... 15 min Enzo49 37
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 15 min Parden Pard 2,973
How Did You Find TOPIX? (Mar '13) 34 min Enzo49 56
First contacts on offbeat (May '12) 35 min Mister_ E 757
Calif. 911 Dispatchers Get Wacky Calls (Aug '06) 38 min Donny B 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,384
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mister_ E 15,087