Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#85594 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is a God of time and freewill.
If God Knows all things in advance He must even know what decisions He will make in the Future, forever and ever, RIGHT NOW! God cannot ever surprise himself by changing His mind. If He already knew yesterday that he was going to "change his mind" - make a fresh choice - tomorrow, then its not really changing His mind! Its not really a new, fresh choice!

Therefore God has no Free Will.

Have you?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85595 Apr 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If God Knows all things in advance He must even know what decisions He will make in the Future, forever and ever, RIGHT NOW! God cannot ever surprise himself by changing His mind. If He already knew yesterday that he was going to "change his mind" - make a fresh choice - tomorrow, then its not really changing His mind! Its not really a new, fresh choice!
Therefore God has no Free Will.
Have you?
Can you as a father and parent, control the entire lives of your kids, because they came through you?
This is the same with God.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85596 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>By enslaving them?
How does that work again?
Where do you get this? Jesus said his followers can do all things through faith in him. We will have the freedom to have the things our hearts dsire in the kingdom of heaven and Jesus said with this kind of faith we can speak to mountains and they will obey.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85597 Apr 10, 2013
The devil and his angels have enslaved as many as they can. The Bible tells us there is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched and it is prepared for Satan and his fallen angels. Every person has been given a way of escape from that awful place of torment and faith in Jesus is the way to eternal life in the kingdom of heaven.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85598 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No Mac, your ignorance.
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was all a divine thing.
True, the Christians never fought the Romans.

Nor did the Ainu.

"Divine"? WTF are you failing to express?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#85599 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is a God of time and freewill.
Bog is a Bog of bacon and cheese.

Were you trying to say something?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#85600 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a charlatan?
No one can conclusively say, atheist or liars are the only educated in the universe. Not even you, Grey.
Nobody has said that.
As far as I know.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#85601 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get this? Jesus said his followers can do all things through faith in him. We will have the freedom to have the things our hearts dsire in the kingdom of heaven and Jesus said with this kind of faith we can speak to mountains and they will obey.
Ah.

The old "Pie-in-the-Sky" argument.

And have you even thought about "free servant"?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#85602 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The devil and his angels have enslaved as many as they can. The Bible tells us there is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched and it is prepared for Satan and his fallen angels. Every person has been given a way of escape from that awful place of torment and faith in Jesus is the way to eternal life in the kingdom of heaven.
Since I'm not Satan, nor one of his angels, why would I give a crap about this pit?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#85603 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Since I'm not Satan, nor one of his angels, why would I give a crap about this pit?
This is getting far too old for me. No creationist has put up a lucid point of debate in a long time. Topix seems to be falling into troll status completely. Nobody is listening to anything the opposition says. They just repeat their own lunacy and add in a bit of name calling. I'm outta here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#85604 Apr 10, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.
After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.
As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.
Oh? Is it trade resume time? You figure you've got me beat because I've only spent time on 4 continents? Pretty weak crap, pal.

If you want to maintain that the RATE study was an honest endeavor, have at it. I know better. And so should you.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#85605 Apr 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd take the word of a guy that purposefully used equipment that couldn't date the samples he had accurately to try and create a hoax? why would you do that? that is not logical.
But it is pure fundie.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85606 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Since I'm not Satan, nor one of his angels, why would I give a crap about this pit?
If you choose to follow Satan you will go with him to that awful place. Call on the name of Jesus and he can stop this.

Level 6

Location hidden

#85607 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can you as a father and parent, control the entire lives of your kids, because they came through you?
This is the same with God.
Nope. You have not answered the question at all. Just avoided it because it screws you completely.

You say God has free will. Yet God cannot do something today that he did not already know he was going to do today. He has known forever what His future decisions and actions would be, because He knows everything about everything, past present and future.

Therefore God cannot make any new choices. God cannot change his mind and surprise himself with a decision he did not already know he would make since the beginning of time.

God has NO FREE WILL!

Do you?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85608 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
" a way of escape from that awful place..."

Man, you cult really has you brainwashed...you aren't even there yet they have you convinced you have to escape it. that is some serious brainwashing!

Level 6

Location hidden

#85609 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If you choose to follow Satan you will go with him to that awful place. Call on the name of Jesus and he can stop this.
I haven't chosen to follow Jesus or Satan. In fact I do not even believe they exist.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85610 Apr 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't chosen to follow Jesus or Satan. In fact I do not even believe they exist.
They do and you will find it out.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85611 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>They do and you will find it out.
No, proven myth. your god is a proven myth.

they brainwashed you so bad you are sure you are destined to hell without your cult's help

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#85612 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>They do and you will find it out.
Don't know about Satan but Jesus does my lawn-care.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85613 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you don't
I'm sure I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min CrunchyBacon 25,972
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 7,791
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 8 min Newt G s Next Wife 22
Highs & Lows of 2014 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Those Damn Liberals 24 min Hoosier Hillbilly 12
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min TALLYHO 8541 37,773
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 59 min Roxie Darling 644
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Tom2Tone 152,832
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 10 hr andet1987 3,018
More from around the web