Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85573 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
In away yes you are correct. God cannot stand the ugliness of sin. Everyone has sinned.
There is only one way to be with God and that is to lose your sins. This can only be done only oneway. And it's FREE!
How about them apples?
I like apples. I don't care much for god and religion, but I like apples.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85574 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't say something you don't even know about.
It makes you always look like a liar and loser.
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was a divine intervention.
they sure fought about everyone else on the planet...even themselves!

shows the inherent divisivness of religious cults.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85575 Apr 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ came to set all men free.
By enslaving them?

How does that work again?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#85576 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are a liar.
Your ignorance of history makes him a liar?

Okay...
Mark

Portland, OR

#85577 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Long refuted. You show your lack of knowledge.
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.

After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.

As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#85578 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Science claim the universe has an age?
A date that the universe started?
By universe I do mean universe as per the definition of the word.
Roughly 14+- billion years.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85579 Apr 9, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.
After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.
As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.
You'd take the word of a guy that purposefully used equipment that couldn't date the samples he had accurately to try and create a hoax? why would you do that? that is not logical.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#85580 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the Balkans. Greece today, is predominantly Christian nation.
God speak to us daily using prophets to tell us the way forward, but the problem with us, is that we normally pay a deaf ears to that. What can God do in that regard?
Well, since he's supposed to be omnipresent and omnipotent, he could have a private conversation with each and every person that has ever lived at the same time.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85581 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the story of Santa Clause and the Loch ness monster also have gone far. everyone loves a good myth...
Santa clause IS based on a real person.

No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.

A cool thing he did;

From wikipedia -

"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]

One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"

Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.

As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#85582 Apr 9, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa clause IS based on a real person.
No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.
A cool thing he did;
From wikipedia -
"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]
One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"
Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.
As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!
And the story of Jesus may be based upon a real person too.

He may have preached and found a following and even may have been crucified. Miracles and rising from the dead are on the same order as Santa and his sled.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#85584 Apr 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's not much of an argument for or against anything. It must be way past your bedtime? Try again tomorrow, wimp.
Actually, it is. The printing press was a problem for the Catholic church. Spread of information for people to read for themselves instead of someone telling them what to think.

Likewise, the internet has not been a good thing for religion. At one time, a doubter could only talk to people in their local area. Now, they can talk to the world. Ostracizing the doubter is much harder.

And what happened to you? You used to put up at least a decent argument at one time. Now you just resort to tossing insults?

Level 7

Nehwon

#85585 Apr 9, 2013
I said on your reply:
True educated Christians, eh?
Almost sounds like the "No True Scotsman" fallacy needs to be renamed.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok!
Back to the question. Are Atheist the only educated in the earth?
Or is it only Atheist that goes to school?
Trying sleight of hand for misdirection on the internet is not a good idea. Your words are recorded.

My reply there was pointing out your phrase "True educated Christians" that leaves you lots of wiggle room.

And here you are trying to pick a pocket with your left hand but gesticulating wildly with your right to divert everyone's attention away from your left.

But you did succeed in one thing - I forgot the original argument and can't be bothered to research it. But that's what you are counting on.

On the downside, I can start to disregard your arguments just from your username now. It's not really an ad hominem fallacy when you've demonstrated yourself to be a charlatan.

Level 7

Nehwon

#85586 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, Air, water as well as the universe.
Now answer the question?
The question is... You like to use science for your own ends when it suits you. And disregard it when it doesn't.

That pretty much sums up how you use the Bible, doesn't it?

Level 7

Nehwon

#85587 Apr 9, 2013
Holy cow. I just noticed this...

Showing posts 78,461 - 78,480 of 81,258

Too much for this kid. Y'all have fun storming the castle!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85588 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they sure fought about everyone else on the planet...even themselves!
shows the inherent divisivness of religious cults.
Did they fought the Romans, Liar?
Lying is a crime.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85589 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance of history makes him a liar?
Okay...
No Mac, your ignorance.
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was all a divine thing.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85590 Apr 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since he's supposed to be omnipresent and omnipotent, he could have a private conversation with each and every person that has ever lived at the same time.
God is a God of time and freewill.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85591 Apr 9, 2013
greymouser wrote:
I said on your reply:
True educated Christians, eh?
Almost sounds like the "No True Scotsman" fallacy needs to be renamed.
<quoted text>
Trying sleight of hand for misdirection on the internet is not a good idea. Your words are recorded.
My reply there was pointing out your phrase "True educated Christians" that leaves you lots of wiggle room.
And here you are trying to pick a pocket with your left hand but gesticulating wildly with your right to divert everyone's attention away from your left.
But you did succeed in one thing - I forgot the original argument and can't be bothered to research it. But that's what you are counting on.
On the downside, I can start to disregard your arguments just from your username now. It's not really an ad hominem fallacy when you've demonstrated yourself to be a charlatan.
Are you a charlatan?
No one can conclusively say, atheist or liars are the only educated in the universe. Not even you, Grey.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85592 Apr 9, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is... You like to use science for your own ends when it suits you. And disregard it when it doesn't.
That pretty much sums up how you use the Bible, doesn't it?
Likewise.
Next?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#85593 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you confused!!
Switching on or off genes is mutation
Mutating would fall under growing gills something our kind doesn't have at all.
Pointed ears or brown eyes is not a mutation. Time to go back to school.
Mutation 101, the fantastic four. X-Men
No, you are confused. A mutation is any change in the nucleotaides of the DNA molecule. It can be as small as a simple point change or as large as a whole chromosome duplication.

Most mutations have no effect at all. Some have a small positive or negative effects, and a very few have a lethal effect.

Mutating = man growing gills in a single generation is just nonsense. You clearly have no more idea of the real science of Mutation 101 than the fantasy writers of X-men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 2 min toad4754 2,140
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 4 min -CatCiao- 247
Food List (Aug '13) 4 min toad4754 1,338
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min toad4754 2,866
True or False Game 12 min -CatCiao- 1,254
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 13 min Flower-Child 24,103
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 13 min toad4754 1,079
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Jennifer Renee 7,558
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Sarah 152,470
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 48 min Princess Hey 264