Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KJV

United States

#85568 Apr 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I know the fable of Jesus quite well. You really are quite stupid.
Yes I know you don't know him.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85569 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then you have no reason to stick around then do you?
i gotta keep proving what bullhshit the stuff you post is.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85570 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Seems like atheist don't like any definition of words that can hurt their cause. KK you're way to predictable.
The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe
Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.
Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)
universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary
http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...
universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe
Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>
The whole problem is you try to impose limitation and define what is quite beyond your ability. But in the other hand limit what could be known because you have an ace card.

We all know what those tactics are....utter bull shit.
You brought nothing but a brain washed fundie to protest, realize we have identified this fundie who protests science. He goes by the handle "KJV".

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#85571 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"You make me laugh."
Well that's nice to hear. To many atheist on hear are just fuming mad. It's nice to see one laugh.
I'm glad you're glad.

BTW, I don't consider myself to be an atheist (in the common understanding of the term).

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85572 Apr 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have rather gigantic gaps in your knowledge doesn't mean I am a liar. It just means you know diddly squat.
Remember Chuck, it's YOU who has to constantly resort to dishonest practices and moving the goalposts whenever you get caught out because you know diddly squat.
Don't say something you don't even know about.
It makes you always look like a liar and loser.
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was a divine intervention.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85573 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
In away yes you are correct. God cannot stand the ugliness of sin. Everyone has sinned.
There is only one way to be with God and that is to lose your sins. This can only be done only oneway. And it's FREE!
How about them apples?
I like apples. I don't care much for god and religion, but I like apples.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85574 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't say something you don't even know about.
It makes you always look like a liar and loser.
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was a divine intervention.
they sure fought about everyone else on the planet...even themselves!

shows the inherent divisivness of religious cults.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85575 Apr 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ came to set all men free.
By enslaving them?

How does that work again?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85576 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are a liar.
Your ignorance of history makes him a liar?

Okay...
Mark

Portland, OR

#85577 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Long refuted. You show your lack of knowledge.
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.

After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.

As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#85578 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Science claim the universe has an age?
A date that the universe started?
By universe I do mean universe as per the definition of the word.
Roughly 14+- billion years.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85579 Apr 9, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.
After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.
As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.
You'd take the word of a guy that purposefully used equipment that couldn't date the samples he had accurately to try and create a hoax? why would you do that? that is not logical.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#85580 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the Balkans. Greece today, is predominantly Christian nation.
God speak to us daily using prophets to tell us the way forward, but the problem with us, is that we normally pay a deaf ears to that. What can God do in that regard?
Well, since he's supposed to be omnipresent and omnipotent, he could have a private conversation with each and every person that has ever lived at the same time.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85581 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the story of Santa Clause and the Loch ness monster also have gone far. everyone loves a good myth...
Santa clause IS based on a real person.

No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.

A cool thing he did;

From wikipedia -

"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]

One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"

Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.

As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85582 Apr 9, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa clause IS based on a real person.
No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.
A cool thing he did;
From wikipedia -
"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]
One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"
Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.
As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!
And the story of Jesus may be based upon a real person too.

He may have preached and found a following and even may have been crucified. Miracles and rising from the dead are on the same order as Santa and his sled.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#85584 Apr 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's not much of an argument for or against anything. It must be way past your bedtime? Try again tomorrow, wimp.
Actually, it is. The printing press was a problem for the Catholic church. Spread of information for people to read for themselves instead of someone telling them what to think.

Likewise, the internet has not been a good thing for religion. At one time, a doubter could only talk to people in their local area. Now, they can talk to the world. Ostracizing the doubter is much harder.

And what happened to you? You used to put up at least a decent argument at one time. Now you just resort to tossing insults?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#85585 Apr 9, 2013
I said on your reply:
True educated Christians, eh?
Almost sounds like the "No True Scotsman" fallacy needs to be renamed.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok!
Back to the question. Are Atheist the only educated in the earth?
Or is it only Atheist that goes to school?
Trying sleight of hand for misdirection on the internet is not a good idea. Your words are recorded.

My reply there was pointing out your phrase "True educated Christians" that leaves you lots of wiggle room.

And here you are trying to pick a pocket with your left hand but gesticulating wildly with your right to divert everyone's attention away from your left.

But you did succeed in one thing - I forgot the original argument and can't be bothered to research it. But that's what you are counting on.

On the downside, I can start to disregard your arguments just from your username now. It's not really an ad hominem fallacy when you've demonstrated yourself to be a charlatan.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#85586 Apr 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, Air, water as well as the universe.
Now answer the question?
The question is... You like to use science for your own ends when it suits you. And disregard it when it doesn't.

That pretty much sums up how you use the Bible, doesn't it?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#85587 Apr 9, 2013
Holy cow. I just noticed this...

Showing posts 78,461 - 78,480 of 81,258

Too much for this kid. Y'all have fun storming the castle!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85588 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they sure fought about everyone else on the planet...even themselves!
shows the inherent divisivness of religious cults.
Did they fought the Romans, Liar?
Lying is a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 2 min Crazy Jae 27,306
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 2 min Nobody 2 Special 2,009
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 3 min Crazy Jae 1,464
Poll Who Is Trapper John MD? 5 min Trapper John MD 0
Word association (Jun '07) 5 min Crazy Jae 2,844
WORDS with Words in'm 7 min Crazy Jae 272
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Sublime1 161,459
motorcycle traveling stories 39 min LMCLTAO 564
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 109
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr rosa 28,865
Things that make life eaiser... 3 hr rosa 114
More from around the web