Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 159,689
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
KJV

United States

#85548 Apr 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I do indeed no the fable of Christ.
I know that you don't "no" Christ.
KJV

United States

#85549 Apr 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
...know the fable of Christ. Coffee hasn't take effect.
Ok

I know you don't "know" Christ.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#85550 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
Well, considering he's a mythical being, you can't know him anymore than you can know Santa.
KJV

United States

#85551 Apr 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>KJV wrote, "<quoted text>
Doesn't matter they're right. "

No they aren't. They disagree with each other.
It's all just a big ruse to throw atheist off that's all.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85552 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Say what?
The needles I was referring to was your average dope needle. Like the ones you use. After all you did say that you were on pins and needles.
YAWN......
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85553 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you don't "no" Christ.
I know the fable of Jesus quite well.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85554 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't do it can you?
You know, come up with something original, something worth wide to discuss. No that would take too much effort because you would have do some research and actually learn something.
No for you the pot shots is all you got.
What's to discuss? we know for a fact that the creation of the religious cults didn't happen.

evolution wins!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85555 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
I know the fable of Jesus quite well. You really are quite stupid.
KJV

United States

#85556 Apr 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually when it comes to labels, I'm afraid that IS the case. Because they're arbitrary.

If we all decide that vehicles with four wheels are "apples" and green fruit that grown on trees are "cars" then what those people say IS true because that's what they decided. It's an arbitrary label.

Just as humans being apes is an arbitrary label, agreed upon centuries before you were born. Before Darwin was even. Humans are apes, period. Because that's what scientists have labelled those particular animals.

KJV wrote, "By the way it's time to catch up:
The earth is not the center of the universe either.
"

Oh I know that. It was YOU boys who threatened to hang Galileo for opposing religious dogma which stated otherwise, remember?
Apple and car could not care what they were being called, labeled. Humans are not apples in case you didn't realize that. Human who are Christians know they were created as a human whole no mutations required. You and your buddies calling Christians apes because you believe they are is no difference then Charles Darwin calling blacks the inferior race, which he truly believed.

Christians are not apes and we don't in general care for your name calling belief that makes you think you are free to call anyone an ape and that's ok to do so.

Now on the count of three try exhaling and farting at the same time that just might help you pull your head out of your azz......

One, Two, Three!

Damn I was hoping that would work.
KJV

United States

#85557 Apr 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Or extra DNA where there used to be none.

KJV wrote, "Mutations 101: see Aqua man."

Fundie caricatures are irrelevant to reality.

KJV wrote, "I do have SCIENTIFIC evidence."

GREAT! You're the first fundie ever to have this. In this case you should have no problem in explaining how Goddidit with magic passes the scientific method. Take it away, KJV:

KJV wrote, "Dude you left your brains in the bathroom this morning.
You see by definition matter can't
Exist outside the universe.

(skipped previous cut & paste for space and redundancy) "

By definition humans are apes. But you reject definitions for theological reasons, so what the heck are you now bringing up definitions up for anyway?(shrug)

Now, it is possible that our universe MAY be part of a larger much greater multi-verse. In which case there are lots of other universes potentially with matter in them. Unless you want your definition of universe to include the multi-verse as being **inside** that greater universe, in which case matter cannot exist outside the universe because there IS no outside. Because ALL EXISTENCE is INSIDE. This would also include your god, if any such being or beings exist. So if there is no outside it makes little sense to ask if matter can exist outside in the first place.
"Now, it is possible that our universe MAY be part of a larger much greater multi-verse. In which case there are lots of other universes potentially with matter in them. Unless you want your definition of universe to include the multi-verse as being **inside** that greater universe, in which case matter cannot exist outside the universe because there IS no outside. Because ALL EXISTENCE is INSIDE. This would also include your god, if any such being or beings exist. So if there is no outside it makes little sense to ask if matter can exist outside in the first place."

There maybe multiverse however they would still be inside of the UNIverse.
Because the universe includes all (not some) yes ALL matter and energy.

Do try and keep up. By the way how's the air in there?
KJV

United States

#85558 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so true leaders should have followed your god's lead and kept slavery?

you see...you keep forgetting that, first, your bible is a myth. and second, it is a piss-poor moral guide...
The mouth of babble.
KJV

United States

#85559 Apr 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Is thirty years "many"?
It can be.
KJV

United States

#85560 Apr 9, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Read all of the posts made by all of the different christians and you will have your answer. god hates EVERYBODY.
In away yes you are correct. God cannot stand the ugliness of sin. Everyone has sinned.

There is only one way to be with God and that is to lose your sins. This can only be done only oneway. And it's FREE!

How about them apples?
KJV

United States

#85561 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not relying on a proven myth it doesn't

reality: game, set, match.

your cult: never made it to the court...
Lets us see your proof.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85562 Apr 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The mouth of babble.
just the world of rational people...we don't 'do' cults....
KJV

United States

#85563 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Still nothing? Even liars attempt to cover their asses. You can't even manage that.

Hurt me? You make me laugh.
"You make me laugh."

Well that's nice to hear. To many atheist on hear are just fuming mad. It's nice to see one laugh.
KJV

United States

#85564 Apr 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The definition of universe is wrong.
LOL

Seems like atheist don't like any definition of words that can hurt their cause. KK you're way to predictable.

The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)

universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary

http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...

universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe

Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>
KJV

United States

#85565 Apr 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, considering he's a mythical being, you can't know him anymore than you can know Santa.
Of course you're wrong on all counts

Nothing new about that however, is there?
KJV

United States

#85566 Apr 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I know the fable of Jesus quite well.
I'm sure you don't
KJV

United States

#85567 Apr 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What's to discuss? we know for a fact that the creation of the religious cults didn't happen.

evolution wins!
Ok then you have no reason to stick around then do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle traveling stories 2 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 360
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,905
Word Association (Mar '10) 11 min Mega Monster 16,955
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 11 min _FLATLINE-------- 3,091
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 12 min Judy 123 56,514
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min Judy 123 41,474
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 21 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,759
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 59 min Denny CranesPlace 18,127
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 8,288
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,143