Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
80,641 - 80,660 of 113,006 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You can't show it to me, or you don't want to show me tour evidence?

I would think that if a Christian had proof of God they would gladly share this proof.

After all, I would gladly convert if I was shown incontrovertible proof....its only logical
I can show you but what good would it really do? You're a bright person. The answers are out there. "Seek and he shall find!"

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing to consider Mary is that Adam and Eve never existed; therefore there wasn't any 'Original Sin' that needed to be expiated by a human blood sacrifice. There was no need for Jesus.
I always thought the Dogma of original sin was stupid anyway. This is using the meme that one couples 'Sin' is spread to all mankind and there are places in the Bible were God says that the son does not carry the 'Sins' of the father.
So, no Adam and Eve equals no need for Jesus....at least according to St. Paul
hence the cults need to perpetuate the original sin myth....

this is how cults work..they lie to the people who souls they promise to guide.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, your mythical god has cleaned up nothing...because he is a myth.
Probably worth asking how that clean-up' working out.

Mary seems to think that was screwed up a bit, too.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Probably worth asking how that clean-up' working out.
Mary seems to think that was screwed up a bit, too.
that would fit his usual posting style...say one thing, then say the opposite, then deny doing it...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show you but what good would it really do? You're a bright person. The answers are out there. "Seek and he shall find!"
no, no you can't show it. you have never been able to do anything but lie about it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you claiming Jesus never exist?
Here is what some pretty intelligent people say about that-----
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told regardless of what is right.

Donald Akenson, Professor of Irish Studies in the department of history at Queen's University has argued that, with very few exceptions, the historians of Yeshua have not followed sound historical practices. He has stated that there is an unhealthy reliance on consensus, for propositions which should otherwise be based on primary sources, or rigorous interpretation. He also holds that some of the criteria being used are faulty.

He says that the overwhelming majority of biblical scholars are employed in institutions whose roots are in religious beliefs. Because of this, he maintains that, more than any other group in present day academia, biblical historians are under immense pressure to theologize their historical work and that it is only through considerable individual heroism that many biblical historians have managed to maintain the scholarly integrity of their work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theo...

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, I have 'seeked' for over 50 years. I have found nothing but lies, untruths, mythologies, misdirection, and in general, nothing at ALL that proves a God or a Jesus...nothing even close my friend.

And on top of all that, science is eating away at the foundation of ALL religions. The very foundational myths are going away to the trash heap.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who did such a piss-poor job of it that he had to erase the whole mess and start over.
Yeah, and how did that work out??

:-)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahah the Arabs did? You mean Mohammed, writing (actually reciting) 600 years later, garbling the various old biblical stories well known in his time and place, is now a SOURCE of EVIDENCE that Jesus existed? He is no more a source of evidence than you are. 2000 years, 600 years, makes no difference.
You are really grasping at straws now!
What about the Assyrians and other ancient tribes that lived during Jesus time?
Like i said, there were Jewish conspiracies in collaboration with the Romans to silence Jesus stories, but like i said, the truth can never be silenced.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, isn't it funny that GOD let more than half of the old Roman, Christian Empire fall to the Muslim infidels in a few short years, turning millions of Christians into Muslims which by your belief system means they should be on their way to hell instead of heaven.
Muslims of course interpret their rapid takeover of Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria, Morocco and even Spain, then Turkey, Greece, and the Balkins, as obvious evidence that GOD was on their side, not the Christians. And there are only a few Christians left in Egypt - instead of NONE - because they were tolerant of Christians, though they encourage them still to understand the truth of the Quran.
Why do you think GOD let all those millions get condemned to a religion of hell?
You mean the Balkans. Greece today, is predominantly Christian nation.
God speak to us daily using prophets to tell us the way forward, but the problem with us, is that we normally pay a deaf ears to that. What can God do in that regard?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, isn't it funny that GOD let more than half of the old Roman, Christian Empire fall to the Muslim infidels in a few short years, turning millions of Christians into Muslims which by your belief system means they should be on their way to hell instead of heaven.
Muslims of course interpret their rapid takeover of Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria, Morocco and even Spain, then Turkey, Greece, and the Balkins, as obvious evidence that GOD was on their side, not the Christians. And there are only a few Christians left in Egypt - instead of NONE - because they were tolerant of Christians, though they encourage them still to understand the truth of the Quran.
Why do you think GOD let all those millions get condemned to a religion of hell?
And lastly, one of them concerning your last paragraph, is ignorance and lust for fame.
Many people had/ has been using that to gain fame or favour, but God quietly is just watching them, because their disasters are forth coming.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, God's will then.
A religion that is solely concerned or interested in blood shed (jihad), is never(not) the will of God.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability to choose(foundation to morality) does not vary from person to person and society to society. In fact this is how all humans man\woman on planet earth is created equal so there for we can formulate a governmental law on a universal scale to protect every man/woman ability to choose with no exceptions.
<quoted text>
Yes, that biological mechanism in all human brain (innate behavior) governs the information (reality), you take in which leads to thoughts and eventually actions (moral behavior).
This is the mechanism (lead to moral behavior) nature governs NOT MAN!
Civil laws made by governments that contradict this natural law leads to chaos!
Morality is a human construct.. nothing more. Which is why it varies.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How does us not knowing something prove that God exists? Utterly silly, as always Charles.
A simple premise definitely will give a simple conclusion and vice versa.
Since science does not know every thing, it is possible that they don't know truly that, the Almighty really exist. Think!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
we also have no evidence countering the existence of
Zeus (well except for Liam Neeson)
Apollo
Jupiter
Mars
Ares
Pluto
Hades (well except for Ralph Fiennes)
Odin
Thor
Isis
Santa Claus
Frodo
your brain
Orisis
Go on and on, but the fact is that, no one can counter the existence of the Almighty. Those listed by you are gods, goddesses and human imaginations.
Can you compare God and gods?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously dude, where do you pull these historical facts out of????
From idol worshipping to Christianity and finally from Christianity to Islam.
Thank God for the Copts.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do not belong to a cult.
Liar!

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you claiming Jesus never exist?
Here is what some pretty intelligent people say about that-----
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

Today the majority of biblical scholars accept the theory that the Torah does not have a single author, and that its composition took place over centuries. From the late 19th century there was a general consensus around the documentary hypothesis, which suggests that the five books were created c. 450 BCE by combining four originally independent sources, known as the Jahwist, or J (c. 900 BCE), the Elohist, or E (c. 800 BCE), the Deuteronomist, or D,(c. 600 BCE), and the Priestly source, or P (c. 500 BCE).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_authorshi...

In other words it was NOT written by Moses. Another Biblical story down the tubes.nothing but myth.

“Well Insolated”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

I still can't believe we aere all monkeys at one point in time. I don't care how much factual evidance is thrown at me. Just my opinion on this, until I hear and see real solid evidence we were chimps. And i don't believe we came from out of the sea either. Again just my opinion.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

_Lizz_ wrote:
I still can't believe we aere all monkeys at one point in time. I don't care how much factual evidance is thrown at me. Just my opinion on this, until I hear and see real solid evidence we were chimps. And i don't believe we came from out of the sea either. Again just my opinion.
Do you even know what "real solid evidence" is?

We have real solid evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••