Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168957 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#85353 Apr 8, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed out the narcissism of some scientists. What 150 years out of date. Today we have "scientists" that think everyone should believe everything that comes out of thier mouths as fact.
We've always had a few scientists like that. Happily, they don't rule the scientific community.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85354 Apr 8, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
So you flunked out of that too. Again an atheist that would not be a good candidate for the atomic micro scope scan looking for an atheist brain.
M&M
M&M
How very Christ like of you. No I did not "flunk out" as you so eloquently out it. I saw what "god" was all about, a man made concept to control the hearts and minds of the weak willed and superstitious.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85355 Apr 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously dude, where do you pull these historical facts out of????
His arse.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85356 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go on and on, but the fact is that, no one can counter the existence of the Almighty. Those listed by you are gods, goddesses and human imaginations.
Can you compare God and gods?
i can counter the existence of YOUR almighty. proven myth....
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85357 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A cult is nothing more then a religion
Atheism is a religion therefore a cult.
ATHEISM IS A RELIGION as deemed by the courts.
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent design proponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
Good thing I put my coffecup down!! What a knee slapper!!! You fundies sure know how to tickle the old funny bone! What a mitzvah!

St. Croix valley

#85358 Apr 8, 2013
_Lizz_ wrote:
I still can't believe we aere all monkeys at one point in time. I don't care how much factual evidance is thrown at me. Just my opinion on this, until I hear and see real solid evidence we were chimps. And i don't believe we came from out of the sea either. Again just my opinion.
you would deny factual evidence in front ofyou? how is that different than the real solid evidence you say it would take to make you acknowledge the truth?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85359 Apr 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i can counter the existence of YOUR almighty. proven myth....
Dreaming again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85360 Apr 8, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go ahead and pat yourse3lf on the back again. This is like in the wizard of oz, "you dare question the geat oz?"? When we dare question "science" the answer is the same. Pointing out checks and balances and peer review. Is that why it took so long to invalidate piltdown man?
No, it was the Brits fault it took so long to invalidate Piltdown. The reason?

They AVOIDED the peer-review process. For decades.

Not sure why you think Piltdown ever was invalidated though, since you reject the science used to invalidate it.

It's not that "no-one dare" question science. It's just that no fundie has been able to come up with a scientifically valid criticism yet.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85361 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
I'm not asking for the date of the start down to the day. Does science claim there is a start to the universe?
It claims a start to the current expansion phase. Whether or not there was a "before" is not yet determined.
KJV wrote:
"It is not known if anything exists "outside" the universe."
Well it is known God exist outside of the universe
No it ain't.
KJV wrote:
but I was talking of matter.
Matter cannot exist outside the universe. For where there is matter there is our universe.
Actually science has no idea yet whether matter can exist elsewhere or not. So if they don't know, you certainly don't know.

In short, you know jack. And that's about it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85362 Apr 8, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The research is compelling enough; something has happened that sped up the decay rates because several other non-isotope measurements don't concur, and they point to a far younger age. One is wrong and one is right, that's what has raised eyebrows over this, the slip is the only constant! Besides, the 4 major isochron techniques don't even concur within the same sample, missing by hundreds of MYr is not horseshoes, handgranades or reality, neither is picking and choosing data that fits a model; that's not honest science, it's blind dogma! If the geologic features of this planet can be worn flat in <20MY by published uniform rates, how can you find such old rocks in the mtns? I posted this logic to more than one geologist and it just left them scratching their heads. They love to quote methods with 1/2 lives of a bilY but refuse to acknowledge PO214 with a 1/2 life measured in seconds, found in crystalline granites which they tell us took hundreds of MY to form!
Uniformist's tell us the Western US Coast line is receding 10-18"/year. I challenged them, I told them this coast should be in Idaho by now, so how can you date these rocks in hand in MY?? Gee, the math is not working for evo, and you can't have it both ways - again. Time, time the magic maker, the answer for every evolutionary question! Evolutionists should have a picture of a clock on every textbook cover with a caption that reads - OUR MAKER - Bow in Reverence, that's the lie. And I may add, constantly reverting to kindergarten school-yard name calling is really not helping your case Dude, I am way too mature to go to that childish level with you.
If you WERE really as mature as you claim you would not be blatantly lying for Jesus every time you posted your case. You would have actually entered debate and addressed other people's posts with something other than rhetoric and constant appeals to authority - which in your case is mostly your own. Of course even after a whole month of you being here I'm STILL waiting for you to address a whole shedload of problems with your position which were pointed out a month ago, and all the time since. I'm STILL waiting for you to address your opposition honestly, instead of constantly knocking down a caricature. I don't CARE what your opinion of me is because quite frankly you do not matter. At all. Not one bit. Despite what your ego tells you, you are simply NOT that important. I have no intention of converting fundies because they are too ignorant to be converted and they only thing they care about is being ignorant. All I need do every time you show up is point out where you lie and why you fail. And each and every time you will not address it because we BOTH know your position is shitt so you'll move onto something else.

What's the "scientific theory" of creationism?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85363 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> True. Despite the conspiracies among the Jewish authorities in collaborations with the Roman power, the stories of Jesus still went far.
Truth can never be denied or killed, it must reveal it self one day.
Despite the conspiracies among the Christian authorities in collaborations with the Roman power, the stories of Mohammed still went far. Truth can never be denied or killed, it must reveal it self one day!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85364 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question posted to you and be honest for once.
Chuck, don't go NEAR that irony meter.

St. Croix valley

#85365 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming again.
no, you have been shown the proof time and time again on these pages. the god of your cult is made up of proven lies. he is a myth.

there could possibly be a god out there, it is as unprovable as the existence of the flying spaghetti monster, but there is not the god of your cult, that has been proven. you are worshiping to a lie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85366 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, the Ancient Egyptians were more of Christians than any other faiths, until the Muslims hijacked that. Thank God for the Copts( Coptic Christians).
Charles Idemi wrote:
And they were predominantly Christians, until the Muslims hijacked that.
Your historical revisionism aside, all the appeals to popularity in the world don't change the fact that the Egyptian pantheon has far more in the way of archaeological sites of significance than you do. Which was the original point you dishonestly decided to dodge.

Note how when someone else has more evidence than you you resort to logical fallacies like argumentum ad populum or claim it's all a great big Jewish/Muslim/atheist conspiracy. That's not a good show for your case Chuck.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85367 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said, there were Jewish conspiracies.
The Arabs, Assyrians and other tribes confirmed his existence. Who are you to challenge that.
I am the guy who's pointing out that Jewish conspiracies wiping out all the evidence you need is NOT our problem.(shrug)

Oh by the way, your second sentence contradicts your first. This means you're lying. But then you already know that. And so does everyone else.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85368 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol
so, a Christian managed to secure the emperor's position?
How?
Probably killed the last one.(shrug)
Charles Idemi wrote:
Just admit your ignorance.
Don't have to. I'm not the one claiming a religion's popularity equates to validity.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85369 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
Subduction Zone"]<quoted text> No, it doesn't.
(The Question was "does science date the universe?")
You really sure about that answer?
Yup. As your own linky demonstrated.

Of course since you're reality denier I guess it's unfair for us to expect you to be able to read.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85370 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have two choices.
1) the universe self started from nothing
e.g. Magic
2) there was a creator.
Actually you are totally wrong. First off, your number 2 IS magic. Second, these are the actual choices:

1 - The universe started naturally. It had no cause.

2 - The universe started naturally. It had a cause.

3 - Goddidit with magic.

4 - A currently unknown fourth option which no-one has conceived yet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85371 Apr 8, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a new idea - the idea of God being formless. If you look through the scriptures of Judaism and Christianity, you can find many places where the idea that the true form of God is beyond our understanding is brought out.
The problem is that all fundies claim to have divine knowledge that other people do not have.

Funnily enough not one fundie has ever been able to demonstrate it. Not on these threads at least.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85372 Apr 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
TIP ABSOLUTE TRUTH SEEKERS:
Since we know GOD is an absolute truth you must accept ONLY absolute truths to know GOD true nature. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You got to reach deep on this one and soon you will realize you don't need faith or any religious quotes that do not speak in absolute truths (violate the law of non-contradiction).
You must only accept absolute truths to up-hold GOD ways in this corrupted world in its way of thinking!
The problem being that only God (assuming it even exists at all) would know absolute truth. If a God does not exist, it is still possible that absolute truth exists, except the only problem is that it is unknowable.

And since you are an imperfect being and not God I reject all your claims to any such knowledge.
Infinite Force wrote:
Apply the law of non-contradiction (GOD LAW) to the constitution of the United States of America.
Now are we able to choose what we want to do without violating the “Law of non-contradiction”!
ABSOLUTE FREEDOM under the law of non-contradiction as the foundation of our constitution is what we want!
Sorry, but any "God law" violates the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. This is because it guarantees both freedom of and freedom from religion. Therefore your law can only be implemented if you hate America.

Why do you hate America, Curtis?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Gettsburg Address 3 min Sublime1 65
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 165,441
*=* Let's give 6 A'go! *=* 6 min 40ish 18
Danger!!! Chicago's Oak Street Beach has NO sa... 8 min Virtual tourist 16
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Zani Gray 41,425
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 12 min CJ Rocker 8,626
♒ ↪ Choice 3 ⇆ Lose 3 ... 13 min 40ish 10
Child Sex Offenders 32 min DondoDork 43
News Internet horrified by photo of giant 'Texas Red... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
More from around the web