Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
80,541 - 80,560 of 112,945 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking for the date of the start down to the day. Does science claim there is a start to the universe?
"It is not known if anything exists "outside" the universe."
Well it is known God exist outside of the universe but I was talking of matter.
Matter cannot exist outside the universe. For where there is matter there is our universe.
And what evidence do you have of these two quite impossible to determine determinations?

"it is known God exist outside of the universe"

"Matter cannot exist outside the universe"

We simply have absolutely no way to determine these things.
Hence these are your "beliefs" , and you have nothing but "belief"
to quantify them.

It is possible this universe is within a larger one, or indeed that there are other universes. We simply cannot tell.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be absolute truths, but you and I as humans have no way of knowing with certainty when we have found one.
How did you conclude you know the boundaries and limits of my understanding first of all? You speak like all humans understanding is the same. This is your first mistake!
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree? Then tell me, Farce, how do YOU determine when you are absolutely certain that something is absolutely true?
By first observing nature! This is something that man/woman did not create! Also by accepting that reality (nature) is an absolute truth and this is not a matter of an opinion. One who searches for absolute truth must first understand what nature is and then build his/her thinking on the principles that is found in nature I call the universal constant.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have access to approximate truths and probabilities. And that is just fine. It means that with some mental effort, we can get things approximately right.
WRONG! We have access to absolute truths all around us because reality/nature is an absolute truth. You must first accept this if you want access to absolute truths. Any problem can be solved and I know this! WANNA TEST THE DEPTH OF MY UNDERSTANDING WHEN I SAY ALL PROBLEMS CAN BE SOLVED THROUGH KNOWING ABSOLUTE TRUTHS?! I WELCOME YOUR CHALLENGE BECAUSE MY UNDERSTANDING HAS NO BOUNDRIES OR LIMITS BECAUSE IT IS FOUNDED ON AN ETERNAL CONCEPT! I await your challenge!

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

NOTE: Chimney

Individual problems for personal gain or benefit I do not deal with! I am not a person of personal gain and benefit!

I solve problems on a universal scale that benefits all life!

Remember absolute truths are universal concepts that solve universal problems ONLY!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking for the date of the start down to the day. Does science claim there is a start to the universe?
"It is not known if anything exists "outside" the universe."
Well it is known God exist outside of the universe but I was talking of matter.
Matter cannot exist outside the universe. For where there is matter there is our universe.
No, it is not known that any god, gods or goddesses exist outside the known universe. that is a myth from your bible, and since your bible has zero credibility on this issue, because of its numerous lies about god throughout it, then logic would tell one to not believe the bible about that either.

and since your god has been proven to be a myth, it definitely isn't that god outside the universe.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe has a starting date per science. There is nothing outside of the universe these are scientific facts.
For the universe to spring forth then on a certain date per science out of nothing is a myth or God did it.
who said the universe sprang out of nothing?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because they in no way prove any god or gods or goddesses. i think you need to look up what the words proof and evidence mean.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i clearly made it in the post you responded to.
Foul.
wow

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

wow

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is THE ONLY honest answer.
what difference do our wishes or wants make in this matter?
Answer the question posted to you and be honest for once.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
false
Then i will be forced to conclude that, you don't know what you are talking about.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question posted to you and be honest for once.
I was totally honest and correct in the first post.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question posted to you and be honest for once.
now the same to you.

what do our wishes matter in this issue?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.
i have looked them up. there is no proof or evidence of any god, gods or goddesses. ever. none.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Geesh Louise, pray tell, do tell me exactly how death provides evidence of a god, any god?
how does the universe provide evidence of a god?
maybe because I'm an engineer and have always been curious about how things work, who is into amateur astronomy but I haven't seen any evidence of a god in the universe
Neat!
Now tell me how the universe including all its elements, compounds, the solar systems and the galaxies came into form, because we all know, it was never a man made thing ?
For death, why is science and technology unable to stop or eradicate death?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it's interesting how the atheists squirm and wiggle when they cannot deny the Son of God. Writings produced regarding Christ two-thousand years ago have solidified God's standing, regardless of their pathetic sheep/goat herder theories. The dead sea scrolls were written long before that. It must be the reason why God and His Son have endured, they ARE REAL and will continue on long after the childish warblings of these atheists are silenced.
Exactly. You are most welcome. Thanks.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
UH..The Josephus(a Pharisee JEW) sure gets tossed around alot...and you have ZERO evidence for the miracle-working,water-walking, rising fromn the dead character named Jesus...Hell, Jesus wouldn't have even been his name, that would've been Yeshua...his father Joseph, would be Yussef and his mother would be Miriam...now if you thinki that they were the ONLY Yeshua, Yussef and Miriam(Joshua, Joseph and Mary) then you're an idiot...you have Zero EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHARACTER IN THE BIBLE...none
You are wrong again, Mr. Pepple.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Neat!
Now tell me how the universe including all its elements, compounds, the solar systems and the galaxies came into form, because we all know, it was never a man made thing ?
For death, why is science and technology unable to stop or eradicate death?
i have told you that, many times. your cult mentality prevents you from acknowledging it...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. You are most welcome. Thanks.
in fact, we can deny his being a god. there is no proof of such and tons of evidence agaisnt it. face it, it is just a rehashed myth from previous cults, that is an undisbutable fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, show him to us please.
Why do you love embracing the word, " Ignorance ", Bill?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious desperation...never existed, no evidence...and his immortality was a vote at Nicaea to get Xians to swing their votes to Constantine, the Emperor of the EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE, who was vying for power with the ...oh,read for yourself:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
You would've been a perfect pawn in Rome...an idiot from the neck up, and worthless from the neck down.
Christian votes?
So, the Christians then have such powers, to even control the Roman dominance and power.
You are truly an idiot in the highest order.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••