Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
80,481 - 80,500 of 114,800 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe in the Adam and Even myth then your whole belief system is a lie. If someone has a belief system based upon lies then they should not be so overly sensitive.

KJV, like it or not you are an ape.

And no, it is not like saying that gays are anything but gays. Apes is a proper term for what we are. The seen derision only comes from yourself.

And yes, all Christians are apes. No insult intended, in fact most Christians know that they are apes.
"And no, it is not like saying that gays are anything but gays. Apes is a proper term for what we are. The seen derision only comes from yourself."

Wrong. You and your buddy can all call each other apes there is nothing proper about it. Do you claim it's proper because its in a science book? Well science books use to claim that the black race was inferior to the white race. Books don't make it proper.

Christians were created perfect from the start. No mutations required. We are mankind as named by God himself you name yourselves ape. Have fun with that.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it never listed?
Why should it be listed?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, you don't. That is clearly a lie.

If you misinterpreted data that is not evidence. So called "evidence" against evolution is not evidence for creation, it is not a one or the other situation. Also all so called evidence against evolution has been shown to be flawed whenever analyzed.

So what is your evidence for creation?
Everything.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Hey KJV long time no 'see' How are you?

AD, BC, I have no problem with them referring to Jesus, God, whatever.

I grew up with them and use them easily
Thanks.

Nice to see you too.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should it be listed?
You are tying to debate. You are failing terribly right now.

To debate you must both present evidence that your side is right and that the other side is wrong. You have done neither yet.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything.
No, we all know that everything supports the theory of evolution. It is not only supported by biology. It is supported by geology, chemistry and even physics.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You are tying to debate. You are failing terribly right now.

To debate you must both present evidence that your side is right and that the other side is wrong. You have done neither yet.
Well then it looks like I'm not trying to debate by your laws does it.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, we all know that everything supports the theory of evolution. It is not only supported by biology. It is supported by geology, chemistry and even physics.
The universe has a starting date per science. There is nothing outside of the universe these are scientific facts.
For the universe to spring forth then on a certain date per science out of nothing is a myth or God did it.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no you don't.
Yes, yes we do.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>He has endless whining.
"He has endless whining"

Typo!

Should read "He has endless Winnings"

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"He has endless whining"
Typo!
Should read "He has endless Winnings"
If winning is complaining in a feeble or petulant way, then sure you do.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe has a starting date per science. There is nothing outside of the universe these are scientific facts.
For the universe to spring forth then on a certain date per science out of nothing is a myth or God did it.
No. Wrong on all counts. Care to try again, or do you want your idiocy to stand?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then it looks like I'm not trying to debate by your laws does it.
Not by MY laws. But by the very rules of debate. I didn't write them, I only obey them. And you are losing by them.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No. Wrong on all counts. Care to try again, or do you want your idiocy to stand?
Really "all" wrong huh?

Does science date the universe?

( I guess we'll have use baby steps )

“Too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why academia is a competitive pursuit with critical analysis of claims, tests of claimed facts, and why researchers love to point out errors and faults in the work of others, and why there is peer review.
Science does not depend on the perfect objectivity of the players, but the process by which competition with an inflow of new observable facts and the application of logical consistency will eventually move us towards a more accurate understanding.
By contrast, the sterility of scriptural scholarship is based on the complete lack (and inadmissibility) of new material, with the players endlessly trying to figure out unreliable scriptures from thousands of years ago. Perhaps the most progress they have made in the last few centuries was merely to learn just how unreliable their scriptures are!
Just go ahead and pat yourse3lf on the back again. This is like in the wizard of oz, "you dare question the geat oz?"? When we dare question "science" the answer is the same. Pointing out checks and balances and peer review. Is that why it took so long to invalidate piltdown man?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"The universe has a starting date per science."

The universe appears to have an approximate age , but it is not known exactly and there is no date.

"There is nothing outside of the universe."

It is not known if anything exists "outside" the universe.
It is known nothing can react with, or detect anything outside the universe. It isn't even known if there is an edge , but if there is an edge it has retreated so far away, we could never get to it to see it. So for all intents the edge if any is at infinite distance.

"For the universe to spring forth then on a certain date per science out of nothing is a myth or God did it"

This is your philosophical reasoning , but it is not a determination of science. It is in fact you saying,
(Since I have no idea what happened ..god did it.)

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Really "all" wrong huh?
Does science date the universe?
( I guess we'll have use baby steps )
No, it doesn't.

Yes, let's see where we can go with baby steps.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"The universe has a starting date per science."
The universe appears to have an approximate age , but it is not known exactly and there is no date.
It is known nothing can react with, or detect anything outside the universe. It isn't even known if there is an edge , but if there is an edge it has retreated so far away, we could never get to it to see it. So for all intents the edge if any is at infinite distance.
"For the universe to spring forth then on a certain date per science out of nothing is a myth or God did it"
This is your philosophical reasoning , but it is not a determination of science. It is in fact you saying,
Oh no, you are going to ruin my fun with a creatard.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>"The universe has a starting date per science."

I'm not asking for the date of the start down to the day. Does science claim there is a start to the universe?

"It is not known if anything exists "outside" the universe."

Well it is known God exist outside of the universe but I was talking of matter.
Matter cannot exist outside the universe. For where there is matter there is our universe.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

KJV, the universe may or may not have started at the Big Bang.

Even if it started then that does not mean a god started it.

You need to have evidence for your claims. You have yet to show any. We don't know is a perfectly acceptable answer at times. "We don't know" does not mean that god did it or is even evidence for a god at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 2 min Too funny 128
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 3 min David0407 4,805
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 9 min Heroine 219
I Like..... 10 min Crazy Jae 141
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Doug77 5,881
Fergson Police Dept. 12 min Mister_ E 236
The ALPHABET Game (May '11) 14 min Doug77 10,745
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Mister_ E 144,842
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 30 min Spirit67_ 18,241
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr cudzu bandit 758