Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223191 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KJV

United States

#85163 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so there are multiple gods? good to know...

any proof of even one of them?
Take 2.(Proof of God)
10:23:564:213

Sorry no proof, evidence yes but no scientific proof.
KJV

United States

#85164 Apr 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/32...

13 down vote

There are a few issues with BC/AD:
Miscalculation

A.D. 1 was first calculated in the first millenium based on available knowledge at the time. Later on, it was found Jesus likely wasn't born that year, but a few years earlier (i.e., in the somewhat ironic 3¬Ė4 B.C. area). Marking it as the "Christian Era" (or more commonly, the "Common Era") allows the same epoch to be used even though the best calculation for Jesus's birth has changed.
Globalization

While Christians make up a very large chunk of the world's population, they are no where near the majority. Most organizations and political entities, for the sake of convenience, have adopted the Western calendar, but "Anno Domini"/"Before Christ" are meaningless terms. Replacing it with "Common Era"/"Before Common Era" reinforces the notion of a global, common epoch starting at the height of the Roman Empire.

When "Christian Era" is used, it's still clear what epoch is being referred to (i.e. the Western one) without having to have some special knowledge about what "anno domini" means or who Christ is.
LOL

Keep trying.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85165 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"When you make statements like this, you are just demonstrating a level of ignorance that really undercuts any further argument you might make."
This statement shows you are a complete fool.
Did the Black people not like being called the "N" word?
Did Native American women like being called Squaws?
Do Gays like being called faggot?
Calling Christians apes is the same thing. Sorry people like you are so blind to that. Because a group of people decide to call humans apes does not make them correct or the absolute authority on the matter.
Call yourself what you like, and if you like the label ape then wear it proudly.
Don't be offended when others call you what you have labeled yourself.
Christians are not of the ape family like it or not. Our God created us in his image and there was no need to mutate.
Too bad. The word "ape" when used in this way is not derogatory at all, except for the well deserved self imposed derision of creatards themselves. Now creatard is a derogatory word, but I am very careful in how I use it. A creatard must show that he is a creatard first.

Christians are of the ape family like it or not. You are not different from any other human beings. In fact that is a racist statement if there ever was one. Your "God" is simply a fairy tale told to you by your mother, who heard it from her mother, etc. and so on.

Like it or not we have all of the winning cards in this debate.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85166 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
multiple gods?!? your christian cult mythical will be pissed at you, and he is one petty, vindictive little prick, so watch out!

St. Croix valley

#85167 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Take 2.(Proof of God)
No evidence either...not one shred as yet. for any gods, even the multiple ones you believe in...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85168 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Take 2.(Proof of God)
Yes, you have very very weak evidence for the existence of your god. It consists solely of a bunch of nonsense written by bronze age sheep shaggers.

Seriously, do you think that evidence is reliable in any way at all?

St. Croix valley

#85169 Apr 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
Baby steps...
Baby steps, Bob. "More fish, anyone?"
KJV

United States

#85170 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>BCE and CE, now.

why are the names of our days not christian? is your god weaker than the norse gods? you already admitted there are multiple gods...
Nope: not now, who more like it.
I have noted many uses of BC and AD
Still in use as widely as before atheist felt a need to try and rid science of Christ.

Even the Greek and Romans knew a or many gods had to exist they just didn't know where it or who they were so they listened to their science and came up with the list if gods.

We are so lucky that God has revealed himself to us and put an end to the guessing game.
KJV

United States

#85171 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you had it. it would have shown it the hundreds of times previously you have been asked for it...

you are living a known lie...cult members do that.
I have many pieces of evidence.

In the case of Topix listing them would do no good. If one wishes to find the truth that is a journey his must take on his own. Not with a group.
KJV

United States

#85172 Apr 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad. The word "ape" when used in this way is not derogatory at all, except for the well deserved self imposed derision of creatards themselves. Now creatard is a derogatory word, but I am very careful in how I use it. A creatard must show that he is a creatard first.

Christians are of the ape family like it or not. You are not different from any other human beings. In fact that is a racist statement if there ever was one. Your "God" is simply a fairy tale told to you by your mother, who heard it from her mother, etc. and so on.

Like it or not we have all of the winning cards in this debate.
"The word "ape" when used in this way is not derogatory at all"

Why yes it is. Christians were created in our Gods image. perfect the first time no need for mutations. Call us apes is like calling our whole belief system a lie. While I know you do this also I would hope you would know that we consider that derogatory also.

"Christians are of the ape family like it or not."

That's like saying gays are faggots like it or not because the slang Derogatory word in some clicks has the definition of gays.

Like it or not Christians are not apes we are man.

St. Croix valley

#85173 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope: not now, who more like it.
I have noted many uses of BC and AD
Still in use as widely as before atheist felt a need to try and rid science of Christ.
Even the Greek and Romans knew a or many gods had to exist they just didn't know where it or who they were so they listened to their science and came up with the list if gods.
We are so lucky that God has revealed himself to us and put an end to the guessing game.
Obviously not, since you stated that all fundies are backed by their god, so there must be multiple gods, directly the opposite of what your cult teaches...
KJV

United States

#85174 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>multiple gods?!? your christian cult mythical will be pissed at you, and he is one petty, vindictive little prick, so watch out!
Thanks for the heads up.

St. Croix valley

#85175 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have many pieces of evidence.
In the case of Topix listing them would do no good. If one wishes to find the truth that is a journey his must take on his own. Not with a group.
no, you have none. you would have given at least one of them by now if you did.

you have even tried, and they were found to not really be evidence, just more of your cult teachings.
KJV

United States

#85176 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No evidence either...not one shred as yet. for any gods, even the multiple ones you believe in...
Blinders, what can I say.
KJV

United States

#85177 Apr 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have very very weak evidence for the existence of your god. It consists solely of a bunch of nonsense written by bronze age sheep shaggers.

Seriously, do you think that evidence is reliable in any way at all?
We have much more then the Bible.
KJV

United States

#85178 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously not, since you stated that all fundies are backed by their god, so there must be multiple gods, directly the opposite of what your cult teaches...
Blinders
KJV

United States

#85179 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously not, since you stated that all fundies are backed by their god, so there must be multiple gods, directly the opposite of what your cult teaches...
You do know that 9th grades like to play your little word games. This either shows your age or level of maturity.
KJV

United States

#85180 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you have none. you would have given at least one of them by now if you did.

you have even tried, and they were found to not really be evidence, just more of your cult teachings.
Blinders

St. Croix valley

#85181 Apr 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
We have much more then the Bible.
no, no you don't.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#85182 Apr 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact this is no different than the ramblings of any tyrant dictator,through history who proclaimed himself to be the holder of absolute knowledge. You should be institutionalized before you are allowed to harm other people or yourself.
Are you sure you are not Pak Pong-ju ?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact this is no different than the ramblings of any tyrant dictator,through history who proclaimed himself to be the holder of absolute knowledge. You should be institutionalized before you are allowed to harm other people or yourself.
Are you sure you are not Pak Pong-ju ?
I donít tell know body what to do and I keep my hands to my-self because if I do that I would be in violation of the law of non-contradiction, which is the absolute truth and foundation from which my understanding originates, and this governs my decisions and behavior as a supreme being WITH NO EXCEPTIONS. Since I up-hold and protect my ability to choose (absolute truth).

I must also respect all human beings ability to choose as if it way my own. I being a supreme being have nothing to do with controlling or ruling people through a dictator ship you assumptious FOOL who knows nothing of what absolute truths are.

IT'S YOUR WAY OF THINKING THAT CONTROLS PEOPLE AND GIVE BIRTH TO DICTATOR-SHIPS! HENCE, THROW INFINITE FORCE IN A MENTAL INSSTITUTION BECAUSE HE THINKS AND BEHAVES FREELY!

It's self-evident you have control issues!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 32,305
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 31 min what a russsh 16,313
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min what a russsh 5,703
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Ricky F 226,035
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr what a russsh 150,847
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,456
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 1 hr what a russsh 7,436
More from around the web