Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85091 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have evidence. I win! YA
What did I win?
Oh and in case you miss read it here it is again.
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.
Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)
M&M
No, that is your problem. You have no evidence. Nor do you have any brains.

I did not say that if you have evidence you automatically win. And we know you don't have any. I said if you don't have any evidence you lose.

Why can't creatards follow even a simple line of logic?

I am not a self proclaimed ape. The experts that decides what is an ape or not say that I am an ape. They also say that you are an ape.

Although it is becoming fairly obvious that you are a "less evolved" ape.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85092 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, before Christianity, the Romans worshipped other gods and goddesses, but have you bothered to ask your self why the sudden acceptance?
Jesus!
False. It was NOT suddenly accepted as it took around three or four centuries or so. All it was was that a Roman who happened to be Christian managed to become Emperor. Therefore he made Christianity the official religion. Then he was deposed and Rome went back to the old pantheon again. Then another coup occurred and Rome was declared Christian again by the new ruling group. Then Rome collapsed.

Jesus, even if he WAS real, had little to do with this as he had already been dead for centuries.

Your religion survived due to politics, not due to invisible Jewish magic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85093 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is "scientists say it", so we must all accept it as truth from the pristine, well meaning, perfect, all knowing "scientists"
There's also this other little thing that scientists do - they TEST scientific concepts. That uh, kinda makes a difference.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85094 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is THE ONLY honest answer.
what difference do our wishes or wants make in this matter?
Oh, in the case of fundies, all the difference in the world...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85095 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
And we must never, ever question the scientists motives, logic, or "observations". We MUST accept and obey!
NEVER ever just accept and obey!
Nope, you don't have to. You can learn all there is about current scientific ideas then become a scientist and test them yourself. And if current scientific ideas are incorrect you may falsify currently held scientific concepts.

It just so happens that the scientific concepts you reject for theological reasons have not yet been falsified by any scientists using scientific means yet.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85096 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it's interesting how the atheists squirm and wiggle when they cannot deny the Son of God.
So far you have provided no evidence to deny.
CBOW wrote:
Writings produced regarding Christ two-thousand years ago have solidified God's standing, regardless of their pathetic sheep/goat herder theories. The dead sea scrolls were written long before that. It must be the reason why God and His Son have endured, they ARE REAL and will continue on long after the childish warblings of these atheists are silenced.
UFO conspiracies have endured, but they're still BS. Not that we'd ever expect you to grasp the concept of a rational argument.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85097 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
There were written documents by those living at the time of Jesus.
And not a single one mentions him. Not even the Romans, who were pretty meticulous.
CBOW wrote:
The new testament is full of those writings.
The NT as you know it was decided upon at the very earliest around 325AD.
CBOW wrote:
By individuals described by Tacitus. Maybe Tacitus was a fraud and was writing fiction about fictional characters to entertain Tiberius. LOL!
Why not?(shrug) Although in actuality, Tacitus was writing DECADES after Jesus' alleged death.

So uh, to claim that his writings are in any way to be CONTEMPORARY evidence of the existence of Jesus would be a big fat Christian LIE.

But then, that's what the entire field of apologetics was invented for.(shrug)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85098 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still feeling insecure?
Am I still that threatening to you?
M&M
More amusing than threatening, you are like a pet.
We wonder what goes on in that little head of yours.
Bless your heart.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85099 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah, same old regurgitated rhetoric, woody. Get some new material. Your cult has lied to you, woody. God existed in past cultures like the ancient Sumarians, just as He exists now in ours; and will long after you and I are dust.
Can you provide objectively verifiable scientifically testable evidence that this "God" entity of yours even exists?

If you could you would be the only person on Earth to be able to do that.

The last person who could died nearly 2,000 years ago. And even that was only hearsay.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85100 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the existence of close relatives! James was his BROTHER and John was his COUSIN!
Tacitus was not interested in anything other than just writing about what happened.
He identifies James as the brother of Jesus.
The bible also said he is a brother of Jesus.
That is an argument FOR an authentic individual in history, not against it!
Well it WOULD be.

If Tacitus had any evidence.

As it is he was just going by the myths being created around Jesus at the time, since he either had no historical evidence, or that historical evidence has since disappeared or been destroyed.

This leaves Tacitus in the lurch has all he had was second hand accounts at best. Not to mention the fact that his writings were later altered 200 years later by Christian apologists, as even CBOW inadvertantly pointed out.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85101 Apr 5, 2013
Mary, according to your rules Hitler would be in heaven now, if it existed.

1. You have to believe in Jesus. We know that is true. He said "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so," Catholics believe in Jesus.

So that is one check.

2. You must be baptized. Since he was brought up Catholic and Catholics douse their babies very early we can safely assume that he was baptized.

That is two checks.

3. You must be truly repentant.

Now when Hitler was in the bunker at the end with all of his hopes dashed and his empire in ruins could you think of anyone who could possibly be more repentant?

That is three checks and he slides in safely to heaven.

Have fun with your bud in the afterlife.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85102 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Jesus is indeed a historical figure, referenced repeatedly. So, what makes Nero or Xerxes more so, bodies. I'd love to see Xerxes, I hear he was a big sucker........
Those last two words certainly apply to creationists!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85103 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about character! The solopsism, vanity, extreme self centeredness of scientists. One dare ever question their magnificence. Get a scientist to say "I'm wrong" about anything? FAT CHANCE!
No, but you WILL get plenty of other scientists more than willing to point out that they are wrong. For if they can do that successfully, it means more creds to them.
superwilly wrote:
Darwin was so impressed with himself that he would have been hard pressed to even to even think there was another human being of his self estimated magnitude on the face of the planet!
You appear to be confusing the actual man called Charles Darwin with the boogey-man the creationists call Charles Darwin. The man was quite humble, and even in his own writings, as the mark of a good scientist, he noted potential falsifications for his ideas. And he died an agnostic, not the rabid fundamentalist God-hating atheist of creationist fantasies.

It just so happened that for the most part, scientific discoveries vindicated his ideas. Which is why evolution is the only game in town in biology today.

So far no-one on Earth has come up with a better theory.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85104 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some scientists that are not narcissistic, actually know these people.
I had read ALL of darwins works when I was in college and he WAS nacissistic. I wanted to make up my own mind about evolution and studied it. I studied original research.
I see. This explains why you're 150 years out of date.(shrug)

See back in his day, "They haven't found the missing link yet!" was a valid argument.

Today anyone with the slightest inkling about science knows it's about a dumb an argument as you could possibly get.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85105 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.
Not according to your Bible.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Just think ( if you're not gay )
Considering that you fundies can't help but think about homosexuality all the time it is quite obvious you are carrying around very strong suppressed emotions. Just accept the fact that you are gay and be happy with it.(shrug)
Mary Magdalena wrote:
you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)
M&M
You may also be a parent to the next generation of apes. Unless you've had kids in which case you have done so already.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85106 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you have failed to have a sense of humor. I guess apes can't catch jokes.
M&M
Sure they can. Creationists can be quite hilarious. They just don't know it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85107 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's why you have no argument"
From you.
Yes I know. You have nothing on your side. this you freely and openly claim.
I have God on my side.
Play ball!
M&M
EVERY fundie thinks they have God on their side, be they Jew, Muslim, Hindu or Christian. The things they all have in common is a complete lack of evidence, and they totally suck at debate.(shrug) If you have God on your side then it's about as useful as a rubber crutch.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85108 Apr 5, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Attached find portions of the final report from the ICR “RATE”
Your liars for Jesus were refuted when they admitted to lying for Jesus and admitted that evidence was completely and utterly totally superfluous to their position.

You share their position.

Too bad.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85109 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"Plus we already know that Jesus was not well documented, and Charles agreed. "
Too funny! What lies do you believe and what lies do you know are lies?
The fact that you claim that non-contemporary evidence is direct evidence of Jesus. Even your own source doesn't support that.

Not that it worries me at all, I'm quite happy to have Jesus walking around post the turn of the century 1BC-1AD. Heck, even have him walking on water and stuff if you like. It still has no bearing on the validity of science you reject for theological reasons.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85110 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
Hmm. Those dates CERTAINLY aren't contemporary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If your oxygen just isn't getting through 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,394
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 12 min JailBroke 4,120
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 12 min Vector aka Victor... 54,582
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Wolftracks 147,133
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 51 min Ashleigh 20,378
Your "favorite"Movie Quotes with or w/o video;))) 1 hr JailBroke 1
What's your tip for the day? 5 hr ms_Sweeter 1,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 7 hr ms_Sweeter 317
What Could Be Sweet,...? 7 hr ms_Sweeter 33
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••