Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,020)

Showing posts 80,381 - 80,400 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know a single atheist who claims there is no such thing as sin. Just more bullshit bigot propaganda from self righteous religious zombies.
You don't have any atheist friends?

You need to look around at the other atheist boards. Atheist all over these boards claim that without a God there can be no Sin.

You would not be my first pick to go looking for that missing item "the atheist brain".

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as "sin". "Sins" are immoral acts according to religious belief and morality is subjective.
See here's one of your buddy's right here "chimney sweep".

M&M

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope everyone on these forms reads this. They would all be exposed to stupid in its purest state.
Come on... you're not THAT stupid. There are a few other relifious posters that out-stupid you. Athough, you're doing a fine job

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on... you're not THAT stupid. There are a few other relifious posters that out-stupid you. Athough, you're doing a fine job
yes, yes he is...
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I have not rejected God. I have rejected your baseless opinions of what you think God is, however that is ENTIRELY different. Your monumentally massive fundamentalist ego causes you to assume that to disagree with you is to disagree with God. You are simply not that important.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "Christian humans are not apes, we are human."

All humans are apes. Christians are apes.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "
Label yourselves as you wish.
Just don't over step your bounds. Keep your apes to yourselves.
M&M"

I cannot keep your innate apeness to myself. You can only keep your apeness to yourself. I have not overstepped any bounds however if you think otherwise, tough.(shrug)
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)

I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.

Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)

M&M

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Nero, or Caligula, or Spartacus or Cambyses or Xerxes. All are documented in the same manner as God and Jesus Christ. Do you deny their existence?
Actually they aren't.

There are no historians who lived at the same time as Jesus who wrote about him. Even the Gospels are second hand stories at best.

Jesus the man very probably did exist. The miraculous stories about him are just that, stories.
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you have failed to provide evidence that North Dakota is flat. You have also failed to provide evidence that the Bible was specifically referring to Dakota when it claimed the EARTH was a flat square circle.
Sorry you have failed to have a sense of humor. I guess apes can't catch jokes.

M&M

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too. "
Sure they were.(Smirk)
WOW what can you say.
It's is true "topix atheist are a whole new breed stupidness. "
M&M
Hitler never denied his Catholic faith and in face said that he always was and always would be a Catholic.

What evidence do you have that he was not a Christian?

You might hate his works, that does not change the fact the he was a Christian. Many Christians have done terrible things. He is just worse than most.

Now what is disgusting is when Christians lie and try to claim that Hitler was an atheist when he persecuted atheists. Not as badly as he persecuted the Jews, but being an atheist could land you in a concentration camp too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.
Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)
M&M
That is a baseless claim on your part.

Whether you like it or not you are an ape. Whether you like it or not you share an ancestor with chimpanzees. There is no reliable evidence that supports your claims. We have more than enough evidence.

Why do you think that your side keeps losing court cases. Legal cases are based upon evidence too. If you don't have any evidence you lose.
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Metaphorically speaking, I suppose I have. That's why you have no argument.(shrug)
"That's why you have no argument"
From you.

Yes I know. You have nothing on your side. this you freely and openly claim.
I have God on my side.

Play ball!

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>"Proof" is for math and alcohol. Science deals with facts and evidence. You have none.
"Science deals with facts and evidence. You have none"

Might bold talk from a one eye fat ape.
You mr. Ape dude are wrong about that statement.

M&M
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Attached find portions of the final report from the ICR “RATE” dating project on long-age radiometric dating reliability. Dr. Austin has also presented these findings to peer-reviewed non-religious meetings, with positive feedback from secular scientists.
At the end of the day, from new field data brought in from multiple sites across the western US,(that are teh same locations where past secular research was completed), the team identified a series of anomalies that puts into question currently accepted long-age isotope dates, and that challenge the current understanding on how these "clocks" are derived from radiodating techniques.
Of note is the ever present over abundance of helium in the Zircon samples. HE also has known decay (or more correctly, "escape rate") from the host rock, and reflect a far, far shorter time clock. HE escape rates are measurable in the labs, but exist in too high of quantities in the rocks to agree with the isotope parent/child 1/2 life calculations. It's real challenge that cannot be ignored, and their research point out some new and interesting possibilities of why all the radiometric processes could be in error. Other challenges are shown, e.g., the lack of concordant date information between isotope methods, ect., are reported and explained in detail.

http://www.icr.org/article/do-radioisotope-cl...
http://www.icr.org/i/pdf/technical/RATE2-Summ...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

How old compared to how much more time there is on it for the great GREAT REAL MAN to put forth effort to sustain it?

I think we are that close to the end as we know it...Some do I suppose but never did many speak out clear loud kept it all in their closets as told.

It'll blow is what, it would be the most humain way to end the plague of the sickest animal there ever was residing/roaming on the Earth. Earth's man killing each other off like sick animals not enough but they prai on innocent like it's dinner to them humankind it means nothing to spirit they get worse...

They are sick disturbed vile creatures and all that they have already taken in under their care having to live just to survive is it?

To go along follow quietly when are we showing what they do other than through WAR the platform of distructive behaviors to each land it would make the most sense to protect it from within and not to sent out, for lands really are not being taking over anylonger Land is purchased...

So to molest use and abuse when will they show man in their real state frame of mind?
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Plus we already know that Jesus was not well documented, and Charles agreed.

It's all cuz of the Jewish conspiracy apparently.
"Plus we already know that Jesus was not well documented, and Charles agreed. "

Too funny! What lies do you believe and what lies do you know are lies?

Did Jesus Really Exist?
By Paul L. Maier, The Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History, Western Michigan University

"No, he didn't!" some skeptics claim, thinking that this is a quick, powerful lever with which to pry people away from "the fable of Christianity." But the lever crumbles at its very first use. In fact, there is more evidence that Jesus of Nazareth certainly lived than for most famous figures of the ancient past. This evidence is of two kinds: internal and external, or, if you will, sacred and secular. In both cases, the total evidence is so overpowering, so absolute that only the shallowest of intellects would dare to deny Jesus' existence. And yet this pathetic denial is still parroted by "the village atheist," bloggers on the internet, or such organizations as the Freedom from Religion Foundation.

The Internal Evidence

Aside from the many Messianic predictions in the Old Testament, not one of the four Gospels or the 23 other documents in the New Testament would make an ounce of sense if Jesus had never lived. Did the whole cavalcade of well-known historical personalities in the first century A.D. who interacted with Jesus deal with a vacuum? Did Herod the Great try to terminate an infant ghost? Did the Jewish high priests Annas and Caiaphas interview a spirit? Did the Roman governor Pontius Pilate judge a phantom on Good Friday, or Paul and so many apostles give their lives for a myth?

No one doubts that the above names are well known from both sacred and secular sources, as well as archaeological evidence, and are therefore historical. The same is clearly true of Jesus of Nazareth. But why, then, is Jesus not permitted the "luxury" of actually having lived as did the rest of these? Why the double standard here?

From the internal, biblical evidence alone, therefore, Jesus' existence is simply categorical. And yet there is an abundance of additional extrabiblical information on this question.

The External Evidence: Christian

Another long paragraph could be devoted to writings of the early church fathers, some of whom had close contact with New Testament personalities. Jesus' disciple John, for example, later became bishop of the church at Ephesus. One of his students was Polycarp, bishop of Smyrna, and a student of his, in turn, was Irenaeus of Lyons. The centerpiece in all of their writings was Jesus the Christ ("Messiah").
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Plus we already know that Jesus was not well documented, and Charles agreed.

More....

Apart from such living personal links to Jesus, both geographical and temporal tangencies appear in Justin Martyr. Born of pagan parents around A.D. 100 in Nablus (between Judea and Galilee), Justin tried and abandoned various philosophical schools until he found in Christianity the one true teaching. As a native of the Holy Land, Justin mentions sites associated with Jesus, such as the Bethlehem grotto in which he was born, and even such details as Jesus working as an apprentice carpenter in the shop of his foster father Joseph, where they specialized in producing such agricultural implements as yokes for oxen and plows.

External Evidence: Jewish

The Jewish rabbinical traditions not only mention Jesus, but they are also the only sources that spell his name accurately in Aramaic, his native tongue: Yeshua Hannotzri—Joshua (Jesus) of Nazareth. Some of the references to Jesus in the Talmud are garbled—probably due to the vagaries of oral tradition—but one is especially accurate, since it seems based on written sources and comes from the Mishna—the earliest collection of writings in theTalmud. This is no less than the arrest notice for Jesus, which runs as follows:

He shall be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and lured Israel to apostasy. Anyone who can say anything in his favor, let him come forward and plead on his behalf. Anyone who knows where he is, let him declare it to the Great Sanhedrin in Jerusalem.

Four items in this statement strongly support its authenticity as a notice composed before Jesus' arrest: 1) The future tense is used; 2) Stoning was the regular punishment for blasphemy among the Jews whenever the Roman government was not involved; 3) There is no reference whatever to crucifixion; and 4) That Jesus was performing "sorcery"— the extraordinary or miraculous with a negative spin—is quite remarkable. This not only invokes what historians call the "criterion of embarrassment," which proves what is conceded, but accords perfectly with how Jesus' opponents explained away his miraculous healings: performing them with the help of Beelzebul (Luke 11:18).

Moreover, the first-century Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus, twice mentions "Jesus who is called the Christ" in his Jewish Antiquities. In the second of these, he tells of the death of Jesus' half-brother James the Just of Jerusalem (20:200). And two books earlier, in the longest first-century non-biblical reference to Christ, he tells of Jesus midway through his discussion of events in Pontius Pilate's administration:
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:

Still more....

At this time there was a wise man called Jesus, and his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous. Many people among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive. Accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have reported wonders. And the tribe of the Christians, so named after him, has not disappeared to this day.(18:63)

This is the recent, uninterpolated text that replaces the traditional version which, unfortunately, had suffered early interpolation. For a more detailed evaluation of Josephus and his references to Jesus, please see my separate article on Josephus in this series.

External Evidence: Secular

Cornelius Tacitus, one of the most reliable source historians of first-century Rome, wrote in his Annals a year-by-year account of events in the Roman Empire under the early Caesars. Among the highlights that he reports for the year A.D. 64 was the great fire of Rome. People blamed the emperor Nero for this conflagration since it happened "on his watch," but in order to save himself, Nero switched the blame to "the Christians," which is the first time they appear in secular history. Careful historian that he was, Tacitus then explains who "the Christians" were: "Christus, the founder of the name, had undergone the death penalty in the reign of Tiberius, by sentence of the procurator Pontius Pilatus" (15:44). He then goes on to report the horrors that were inflicted on the Christians in what became their first Roman persecution.

Tacitus, it should be emphasized, was not some Christian historian who was trying to prove that Jesus Christ really lived, but a pagan who despised Christians as a "disease," a term he uses later in the passage. Had Jesus never even existed, he would have been the first to expose that pathetic phantom on whom such cultists placed their trust. Were no other references to Jesus available, this passage alone would have been sufficient to establish his historicity. Skeptics realize this, and so have tried every imaginable means to discredit this passage—but to no avail. Manuscript analysis and computer studies have never found any reason to call this sentence into question, nor its context.
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:

And still more......

Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus also recorded events of the first century in his famous Lives of the Twelve Caesars. He, too, regarded the Christians as a sect "professing a new and mischievous religious belief" (Nero 16) and doubtless cited "Christus" as well, spelling his name "Chrestus" (Claudius 25). That the vowels "e" and "i" were often interchangeable is demonstrated by the French term for "Christian" to this day:chretien.

Pliny the Younger was the Roman governor of Bithynia—today, the northwestern corner of Turkey—and about the year 110 he wrote the emperor Trajan (98-117 A.D.), asking what to do about the Christians, a "wretched cult" whom he mentions eight times in his letter. Christ himself is cited three times, the most famous instance referring to Christians "...who met on a fixed day to chant verses alternately among themselves in honor of Christ, as if to a god..." (Letter No. 96). Trajan's response, interestingly enough, suggests that Christians not be hunted out.(Ibid., No. 97). But again, if Christ were only a mythical character, these hostile sources would have been the first to emblazon that fact in derision.

Other ancient secular sources, such as Theudas and Mara bar Serapion also bear witness to the historicity of Jesus. But any further evidence clearly comes under the "beating a dead horse" category so far as this article is concerned. Nothing more is necessary in view of the overpowering evidence that Jesus of Nazareth was no myth, but a totally historical figure who truly lived. Skeptics should focus instead on whether or not Jesus wasmore than a man. That, at least, could evoke a reasonable debate among reasonable inquirers, rather than a pointless discussion with sensationalists who struggle to reject the obvious.
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:

"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946

When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:

“By this test, Jesus stands first.”

“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”

“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”

Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society

In A History of Christianity:

“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”

“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”

“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”

George Bancroft, great American historian

“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"

http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a baseless claim on your part.
Whether you like it or not you are an ape. Whether you like it or not you share an ancestor with chimpanzees. There is no reliable evidence that supports your claims. We have more than enough evidence.
Why do you think that your side keeps losing court cases. Legal cases are based upon evidence too. If you don't have any evidence you lose.

There is another possibility, MM isn't human. Probably some species of avian brained creature.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Tinka wrote:
How old compared to how much more time there is on it for the great GREAT REAL MAN to put forth effort to sustain it?
I think we are that close to the end as we know it...Some do I suppose but never did many speak out clear loud kept it all in their closets as told.
It'll blow is what, it would be the most humain way to end the plague of the sickest animal there ever was residing/roaming on the Earth. Earth's man killing each other off like sick animals not enough but they prai on innocent like it's dinner to them humankind it means nothing to spirit they get worse...
They are sick disturbed vile creatures and all that they have already taken in under their care having to live just to survive is it?
To go along follow quietly when are we showing what they do other than through WAR the platform of distructive behaviors to each land it would make the most sense to protect it from within and not to sent out, for lands really are not being taking over anylonger Land is purchased...
So to molest use and abuse when will they show man in their real state frame of mind?
Random word generator??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,381 - 80,400 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

219 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 14,728
is wearing footed pajamas as a teen or adult w... (Feb '11) 4 min Ferrerman 37
Serious Question ... please take the time to co... 9 min night machine 20
Driver stops to help ducklings, gets $100 ticket 11 min Private Eye Daffy Duck 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Mister_ E 141,173
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 14 min SLACK 15,572
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min SLACK 34,916
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 37 min pandit 21
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 2 hr hot man 11
•••
•••