Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85073 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is not what he said. there is not one teesnsy weensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses...ever. none. not one shred. nada. zip. zilch. zippo. big goose egg.
Of course you mr. tick are wrong yet again.

M&M
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85074 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> History had the facts, according to History( the study of past events), Jesus truly existed.
If you are saying the other wise then, i will conclude by saying that, you are an Atheist.
Your conclusions would be incorrect.(shrug)
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85075 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you had the very first shred of evidence for any god ever existing, yo would have shown it by now. you are just stalling because you know you got nothing...
You don't really want it.

M&M
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85076 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No controversies, it is atheist and sceptics that just want to make things up.
According to History and research, Jesus actually lived.
The Jews are atheists? That would certainly surprise them.

Sorry Chuck, but it can't be both an atheist conspiracy AND a Jewish conspiracy.

Especially as that would violate Curtis' "law" of non-contradiction.

And he's God.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85077 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to take a pill dude.
"There are absolutely NO contemporary accounts of your Nazarene."
http://www.bethlehemstar.net/
For centuries, believers, scoffers and the curious have wondered at the Biblical account of the Star of Bethlehem. The Bible recounts unusual or even impossible astronomical events at Christ’s birth. For many doubters, the account of the Star is easily dismissed as myth. For many believers, it’s a mystery accepted on faith. But what happens if we combine current scriptural accounts, astronomical fact and a desire for truth? The Star of Bethlehem documents the search to understand how the Lord used the stars and planets to reveal His plans for Christ’s birth. Uncover the mystery for yourself.
From Producer Stephen McEveety, The Passion Of The Christ
http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/produc...
I see that you do not understand the meaning of contemporary either.

MM is a study in ignorance.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85078 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
My thinking is founded on an eternal concept.
So what century would you classify me in?
Oh, Thirteenth, at least.

BC.

As currently eternity is only a hypothesis at best.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85079 Apr 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Delusional people are threats to themselves and others.
AM is not afraid of anything though, you or *your imaginary friends included.
you are still feeling insecure?
Am I still that threatening to you?

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85080 Apr 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on... you're not THAT stupid. There are a few other relifious posters that out-stupid you. Athough, you're doing a fine job
You can be sure. You prove the fact.

M&M
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85081 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The emperor Tiberius' scribe Tacitus wrote of the rebel Christ. The writings describe the acts of Pontius Pilate and his relation to the events with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is a historical figure.
Then how come there is not a single contemporary account of his existence?

To be sure, there is considerable debate over the historicity of Jesus. Some scholars think there was a man whom the stories of Jesus were based on. Others think otherwise. However the problem with fundies is that they can't tell the difference between historical scholars and apologists:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the...
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85082 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler never denied his Catholic faith and in face said that he always was and always would be a Catholic.

You might hate his works, that does not change the fact the he was a Christian. Many Christians have done terrible things. He is just worse than most.

Now what is disgusting is when Christians lie and try to claim that Hitler was an atheist when he persecuted atheists. Not as badly as he persecuted the Jews, but being an atheist could land you in a concentration camp too.
"What evidence do you have that he was not a Christian?"

The fact that you'll be spending some time with him.

M&M
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85083 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text> law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/n...
Jesus, however, is variously portrayed in these writings as a troublemaker (Tacitus),... suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our ... Christian scribes edited the writings of Josephus, probably adding ...
Congratulations. You have only demonstrated you are incapable of even reading your own sources properly.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85084 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Conspiracy!
Conspiracy!!
Conspiracy!!!
Conspiracy!!!!
Yup. The final refuge of the reality-denying fundie: "CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!111!1 1!1"
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85085 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>That is a baseless claim on your part.

Whether you like it or not you are an ape. Whether you like it or not you share an ancestor with chimpanzees. There is no reliable evidence that supports your claims. We have more than enough evidence.

Why do you think that your side keeps losing court cases. Legal cases are based upon evidence too. If you don't have any evidence you lose.
I do have evidence. I win! YA

What did I win?

Oh and in case you miss read it here it is again.

You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.

Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)

M&M

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85086 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you often show your own posts to be wrong? any reason the rest of us need to be here? it must never be lonely in your world huh?:)
Sure do, disagree as you will. I can be proven wrong when I am wrong and admit when I am wrong in real life.

“More Brains Than .....”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#85087 Apr 5, 2013
If you could reason with the religious, there'd be no religion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85088 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Agnostic claims = violation of the law of non-contradictory!
Scientific conclusion: all your claims against or attempting to refute my absolute truths will ALWAYS fail.
Not so far they haven't.(shrug)
Infinite Force wrote:
Agnostic view is illogical/foolish thinking in nothing more and that is an ABSOUTE TRUTH!
You see why I call you a fool? It's because of your agnostic view on GOD/ABSOLUTE TRUTH?
I call you what you claim to be by keep claiming and up-holding your agnostic view.
When you stop claiming to be an agnostic in its way of thinking you will no longer be a fool/illogical person!
All your claims are baseless. Also I have not outright stated whether or not I am an agnostic, atheist, theist or deist. However I do not base my arguments on any of these positions. I argue only from a scientific viewpoint, and as far as science is concerned about science, science is agnostic, period. It is perfectly open to the possibility of (a) God(s). It merely points out that no-one has been able to provide any objectively verifiable scientifically testable evidence yet.

Your attempt to sit on your lazy backside and "prove" (a) God using purely philosophical "logic" arguments is noted, however science requires empiricism. And this is what you do not have.

That's not our problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85089 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Blah blah blah blah blah!
Jesus existed and he is still in existence. Period.
I thank you once again for demonstrating that you are incapable of forming anything close to a rational rebuttal.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#85090 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"What evidence do you have that he was not a Christian?"
The fact that you'll be spending some time with him.
M&M
So all you have to counter my argument with is the fact that you are an idiot?

Let me ask you one question:

Why would your perverted god want to torture innocent people forever?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#85091 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have evidence. I win! YA
What did I win?
Oh and in case you miss read it here it is again.
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.
Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)
M&M
No, that is your problem. You have no evidence. Nor do you have any brains.

I did not say that if you have evidence you automatically win. And we know you don't have any. I said if you don't have any evidence you lose.

Why can't creatards follow even a simple line of logic?

I am not a self proclaimed ape. The experts that decides what is an ape or not say that I am an ape. They also say that you are an ape.

Although it is becoming fairly obvious that you are a "less evolved" ape.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85092 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, before Christianity, the Romans worshipped other gods and goddesses, but have you bothered to ask your self why the sudden acceptance?
Jesus!
False. It was NOT suddenly accepted as it took around three or four centuries or so. All it was was that a Roman who happened to be Christian managed to become Emperor. Therefore he made Christianity the official religion. Then he was deposed and Rome went back to the old pantheon again. Then another coup occurred and Rome was declared Christian again by the new ruling group. Then Rome collapsed.

Jesus, even if he WAS real, had little to do with this as he had already been dead for centuries.

Your religion survived due to politics, not due to invisible Jewish magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 4 min Weird 0ne 2 2,039
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min gladys 23,914
Giraffes on a plane? Most wanted list released 6 min Lawrence Wolf 6
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 8 min Kid_Tomorrow 5,207
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min SLY WEST 2,710
Why? 10 min Emerald 4
Come on...Tell me a joke (Jan '08) 10 min Hoof Arted 7,057
Topix Talk 27 min Bree_Z 61
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min Wolftracks 150,953
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 51 min Mega Monster 7,927