Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85010 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Jesus is indeed a historical figure, referenced repeatedly. So, what makes Nero or Xerxes more so, bodies. I'd love to see Xerxes, I hear he was a big sucker........
Only in your bible. No historical references. Nada, zero, zilch, bupkis.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85011 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a supreme being in understanding and in physical reality and I can prove it simply as an absolute truth. You’re not going to agree because you are not a person who understanding is not founded on absolute truth because you are an agnostic. Your concept is a logical flaw and so will your understanding of knowledge will be as well.
The high priestess of stupid huh?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85012 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are illogical and childish only sayings in absolute truths can get my adrenalin going.
Then why do you insist on absolute stupendously extra super sized stupidness ?

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#85013 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then English from your premise could have been named another name, instead of English, because of its many influences. All languages had that influences and their origins and development remain intact, English is not an exception.
no, dummy, it's called English becuase the Anglo-Saxons(the SAxons and the Angles, Germanic tribes) spoke the language...English, as in England, as in Angland/Aengland, get the picture...and those tribes spoke their OWN languages of Germanic/Latin origins, dummy...we speak English in America(as in Amerigo Vespucci) becuase we CAMe over here with it!...DUH...tracing human history through language is VERY common...you think that people in Hawai'i peak English becuase they are German, or Norse or from the UK...your position is crushed, move along and leave the goalposts where the are, you've been crushed, skunked, rolled...OWN it, and man up

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85014 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is not how science works. in fact it is the opposite, everything is up for peer review and rigorous examination.
you shouldn't talk of a field of study you clearly do not understand...
I was talking about character! The solopsism, vanity, extreme self centeredness of scientists. One dare ever question their magnificence. Get a scientist to say "I'm wrong" about anything? FAT CHANCE!

Darwin was so impressed with himself that he would have been hard pressed to even to even think there was another human being of his self estimated magnitude on the face of the planet!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85015 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Nero, or Caligula, or Spartacus or Cambyses or Xerxes. All are documented in the same manner as God and Jesus Christ. Do you deny their existence?
No, but i would deny they are deities...just like I would that jesus guy..

St. Croix valley

#85016 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about character! The solopsism, vanity, extreme self centeredness of scientists. One dare ever question their magnificence. Get a scientist to say "I'm wrong" about anything? FAT CHANCE!
Darwin was so impressed with himself that he would have been hard pressed to even to even think there was another human being of his self estimated magnitude on the face of the planet!
ummm. i know many scientists that are the exact opposite of what you say.

and as to Darwin, as you would know if you had the intelligence to learn about someone before you attempt to slam them, had shelved his work for several years until an old friend wrote him from china with a paper promulgating a theory identical to Darwin's from his research there. darwin immediately pulled out his old study and promptly published it to beat him to it. so he knew for sure there were others able to see what he had observed.

learning is fun!

St. Croix valley

#85017 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
U...huh. You're so funny woody. You ain't foolin' nobody. Seasonal worker, is that what they call collecting SSI now? Interesting.......
No, that is called already having two successful careers and now enjoying my life.

i am not old enough for Social security benefits yet...
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85018 Apr 5, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>You DO realize that science does not EVER "totally prove things," right?

Seriously, have you even gone to college?

I see someone is going to have to explain the scientific method to you. Plus the meaning of "scientific theory."
"I see someone is going to have to explain the scientific method to you. Plus the meaning of "scientific theory."

Oh please could you mr. Gellybelly?

Funny this post in response to me saying that more less that we may not have absolute proof for God but we have evidence.

It looks as if You've got your dial set to full doofuses mode.

M&M
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85019 Apr 5, 2013
Evolution. Because I have put away childish things.

St. Croix valley

#85020 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"I see someone is going to have to explain the scientific method to you. Plus the meaning of "scientific theory."
Oh please could you mr. Gellybelly?
Funny this post in response to me saying that more less that we may not have absolute proof for God but we have evidence.
It looks as if You've got your dial set to full doofuses mode.
M&M
that would be the very first shred of evidence for any god ever...please share!
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85021 Apr 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It wouldn't help , she / um (what ever it is)
believes to be possessed by the spirit of GAWD.
Better call an exorcist or something, or give her Thorazine.
Maybe a Valium and a padded cell.
Are you feeling insecure?
Am I that threatening to you?

M&M

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85022 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm. i know many scientists that are the exact opposite of what you say.
and as to Darwin, as you would know if you had the intelligence to learn about someone before you attempt to slam them, had shelved his work for several years until an old friend wrote him from china with a paper promulgating a theory identical to Darwin's from his research there. darwin immediately pulled out his old study and promptly published it to beat him to it. so he knew for sure there were others able to see what he had observed.
learning is fun!
I know some scientists that are not narcissistic, actually know these people.

I had read ALL of darwins works when I was in college and he WAS nacissistic. I wanted to make up my own mind about evolution and studied it. I studied original research.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#85023 Apr 5, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
Evolution. Because I have put away childish things.
Good answer, but keep just a bit in the corner of your mind for alternatives that might just blow your -- and my -- mind.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85024 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too.

You are using the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Just because they don't measure up to your standards of what a Christian is does not mean that they are not Christians.

If you want to claim that Kong and I are wrong you need to prove it. I do believe that Kong included a link that showed you are wrong.
"They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too. "

Sure they were.(Smirk)

WOW what can you say.

It's is true "topix atheist are a whole new breed stupidness. "

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85026 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god.

So let's see it. Or don't you understand logic either?
"Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god."

Figured that out did you? Good I'm glad you're keeping up.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85027 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Yes, I was right.

MM, on the previous page you called this claim of woodtick's a lie:

"no person alive has ever given a shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses."

Do you realize that by calling that a lie you are in effect claiming there is evidence given by someone somewhere and who is still alive today that there is evidence for the existence of god.

So one more time: Where is that evidence?
"no person alive has ever given a shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses."

Of course this is a lie. Or just plain uneducated foot in mouth boosting.

M&M

St. Croix valley

#85028 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some scientists that are not narcissistic, actually know these people.
I had read ALL of darwins works when I was in college and he WAS nacissistic. I wanted to make up my own mind about evolution and studied it. I studied original research.
Do you often show your own posts to be wrong? any reason the rest of us need to be here? it must never be lonely in your world huh?:)

St. Croix valley

#85029 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god."
Figured that out did you? Good I'm glad you're keeping up.
M&M
no, that is not what he said. there is not one teesnsy weensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses...ever. none. not one shred. nada. zip. zilch. zippo. big goose egg.

St. Croix valley

#85030 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this is a lie. Or just plain uneducated foot in mouth boosting.
M&M
if you had the very first shred of evidence for any god ever existing, yo would have shown it by now. you are just stalling because you know you got nothing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Anyone Tried Topix Online Dating? (Jan '11) 7 min tiger_-_dad 14
Arming both sides is EXPENSIVE! 7 min SLY WEST 3
Men lie ... (Oct '07) 12 min Amelinda 280
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 14 min CJ Rocker 29,489
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Tom2Tone 149,116
What Could Be Catchy,...? 24 min Offbeat r Weird 14
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 25 min Lindsey Graham 1,165
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 30 min -Lea- 22,248
Who are some of your favorite people on the off... (Dec '13) 1 hr Amelinda 112
True or False Game 1 hr Killer Kween 428