Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#84988 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so every god ever invented by humans exists, just because people believed in them? sure, pal, sure...
You are the one who claimed it. You spout hardily that the "God myth" was around in ancient cultures and is just a re-manufactured myth. Well, duh.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#84989 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it actually happens all the time. if you were able to look at the real world objectively , you would know this...
HEEEHEEEEEEE! Sure, if a grant is on the line. LOLOLOL! You wouldn't be able to identify objectivity if it cracked you in the nuts, woody....

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#84991 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
""Christian Dominionists" would throw out the Constitution, and instill a government based upon old testament Biblical Law"
Shall I point out how you show off your complete absents of knowledge of the Christians faith yet again.
"old testament Biblical Law"
Is Jewish not Christian try and keep up this change only happened 2000 years ago.
M&M
Remind me, AGAIN, what faith Jesus practiced? He was a JEW...born as...lived as and DIED as a JEW...and of course the Gospels were ALL written by Jews...ever notice the exact parallels between Moses and JESUS? and of course Abrhamics(Jews Xiansand Muslims AL WORSHIP THE SAME DEITY OF THE HEBREWS- YAHWEH! also, the Ten commandements, Genesis accounts, Noadic floods, etc etc are all OLD TESTAMENT so lets BE CLEAR HERE...you're a pick and chooce fundiot...care to tell us how many INNOCENT creatures- even the unborn- that Yahweh murdered in a fit of rage? And show your work, you lunkhead....and BTW ..KING JAMES WAS GAY!...now square that with your silly superstitions...and while I'm at it: I'd rop the grammar Nazi nonsense, considering I documented 15 errors in onloy 3 posts...like using ABSENTS(not a word) for ABSCENCE...akways the grammar Nazis who fail epically, eh? Me...I speak and write typonese fluently, that's how I knew you were an idiot...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#84992 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No Ducky, you are getting it wrong.
I have read and watched both religious, secular and scientific books and films( comics) about Jesus, and i have found out that he actually existed, don't be dishonest with your assertions.
There were Jewish conspiracies, that was why Jesus stories were not recorded during his life time on earth.
UH..The Josephus(a Pharisee JEW) sure gets tossed around alot...and you have ZERO evidence for the miracle-working,water-walking, rising fromn the dead character named Jesus...Hell, Jesus wouldn't have even been his name, that would've been Yeshua...his father Joseph, would be Yussef and his mother would be Miriam...now if you thinki that they were the ONLY Yeshua, Yussef and Miriam(Joshua, Joseph and Mary) then you're an idiot...you have Zero EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHARACTER IN THE BIBLE...none

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#84993 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
U...huh. You're so funny woody. You ain't foolin' nobody. Seasonal worker, is that what they call collecting SSI now? Interesting.......
SSI? You have a problem with the disabled? Sheesh!

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#84994 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again, i said written at the time your Jesus proportedly walked the Earth, not 100 years later
Histories (Latin: Historiae) is a book by Tacitus, written c. 100110, which covers the Year of Four Emperors
Josephus not only wrote about Jesus decades after he was said to have existed, while living in Rome, but you miss the context entirely. H e only references Jesus in stories about James, and John the Baptist
would you think that if this jesus character was all that important, he would have wrote something SPECIFICALLY ABOUT HIM???
Yes, the existence of close relatives! James was his BROTHER and John was his COUSIN!

Tacitus was not interested in anything other than just writing about what happened.

He identifies James as the brother of Jesus.

The bible also said he is a brother of Jesus.

That is an argument FOR an authentic individual in history, not against it!

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

butler, pa

#84995 Apr 5, 2013
We should get back on topic. Creation vs evolution, not bash christians/bash athiests. I'm getting a little tired of that.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#84996 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Blah blah blah blah blah!
Jesus existed and he is still in existence. Period.
Oh good, show him to us please.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#84997 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, what hopes are you talking about.
Ofcourse, there was/ were no proper documentation during his life time, until after his death, which i gave the reason.
Jesus Christ existed and he is still in existence today.
Hilarious desperation...never existed, no evidence...and his immortality was a vote at Nicaea to get Xians to swing their votes to Constantine, the Emperor of the EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE, who was vying for power with the ...oh,read for yourself:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

You would've been a perfect pawn in Rome...an idiot from the neck up, and worthless from the neck down.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84998 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it's interesting how the atheists squirm and wiggle when they cannot deny the Son of God. Writings produced regarding Christ two-thousand years ago have solidified God's standing, regardless of their pathetic sheep/goat herder theories. The dead sea scrolls were written long before that. It must be the reason why God and His Son have endured, they ARE REAL and will continue on long after the childish warblings of these atheists are silenced.
Yup as real as Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Ganesha, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Thor, Superman,......
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#84999 Apr 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
SSI? You have a problem with the disabled? Sheesh!
That would be SSD.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#85000 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not subjective if you apply a non-flawed logical concept to it in accordance on how the laws of nature work. Morality can be in harmony with nature.
You see it subjective because your logical approach may be flawed.
Mortality if looked at in a non-flawed logical concept a scientific moral law can be established that has nothing to do with religions and pseudo-sciences because nature governs morality (human behavior).
What kind of logical approach or you using and applying to mortality!
Huh? Morality is subjective by definition...we have conflicting "moral" laws amongst our states- check your marriage statutes for age minimums...you';re welcome to form a hypothesis, but this gets crushed before the ink dries on the grant application ROTFLMAO...do you religitards think that what you SAY is reality? Bwahahahaha...just love to watch the shoehorning, pretzeled logic and allaroubnd denial and apologies for a philosophy...just hilarious
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85001 Apr 5, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Yup as real as Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Ganesha, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Thor, Superman,......
Or Nero, or Caligula, or Spartacus or Cambyses or Xerxes. All are documented in the same manner as God and Jesus Christ. Do you deny their existence?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85002 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Nero, or Caligula, or Spartacus or Cambyses or Xerxes. All are documented in the same manner as God and Jesus Christ. Do you deny their existence?
No they are not. Nero et al are historical figures. Your god,jesus or any god for that matter are not.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#85003 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am also telling you that, all languages developed from one or more languages.
The French you are ranting about, had/ has alot of roots from Latin.
So, if French is unique to France, England is not an exception.
Listen, dumbass...the ENGLISH language of today came from OLD ENGLISH, which is known as Anglo-Saxon, named for the Germanic Saxons( a GErmanic tribe), the Angles(also from Germany and the name sake of ENGLAND) and Juts from the North(Scandinavians/Norse) who of course were also Germanic...of course the actual name of the current ruling house of the UK is actually the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha dynasty straight outta GErmany...so yes, lots of Americans have ancestors who were Brits, whom had ancestors from Germanic tribes...shocking, I know, and curiously none of the original Germanic tribes gacve a flip about yahweh or Jesus, they were pagans who9 held their tribal rituals as sacred, and so on and so forth...get an education...your flailing is now annoying.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85004 Apr 5, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not. Nero et al are historical figures. Your god,jesus or any god for that matter are not.
Wrong, Jesus is indeed a historical figure, referenced repeatedly. So, what makes Nero or Xerxes more so, bodies. I'd love to see Xerxes, I hear he was a big sucker........
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#85005 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
We should get back on topic. Creation vs evolution, not bash christians/bash athiests. I'm getting a little tired of that.
That will continue as long as one and/or the other refuses to accept that both are part of this world's beginnings and existence.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#85006 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This you know is a dishonest response.
Christianity, we all know sprang up from Judaism, the Jewish Christians never fought a hard war, to win converts unlike Islam. They maintain faith, till the Romans saw the need for them to embrace the truth.
Just think!
\Ummmm...COnstantine was NEVER converted, but he happened to have a Bishop of a certain flavor of the 100s in the ROman Empire in the 4th century...Constantine persecuted, murederedf and summarily dogged the other Xian sects like the Gnostics...when he was done with the spear point-and-sword conversions, he ran back to the Eastern Empire to grab the Greeks, et al///he coddled them and the took the bait...your history is epically wrong...Xianity was merely a political plot to consolidate power...whomever opposed it, got smoted...that's they way it was...despite your f=arm flapping and foot stomping, your entire religion, as it stands today, is credited to a pagan emperor, who demanded a vote art Nicaea(SAnta Claus was there, too...but he was called Nicholas of Myra, the Bishop of Myra and he was ORTHODOX)...but you keep thinking it was some divinely guided process, I'll continue to study the REAL HISTORY...thanks for oplaying, junior, your consolation prize is in the back room.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#85007 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No controversies, it is atheist and sceptics that just want to make things up.
According to History and research, Jesus actually lived.
Hey my brother-in-law is named Jesus...now let's see the PROOF that someone did the miraculous, water-walking and dead-walking that the NEW TESTAMENT claims...g'head, g'head...I'm waiting

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#85009 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Jesus is indeed a historical figure, referenced repeatedly. So, what makes Nero or Xerxes more so, bodies. I'd love to see Xerxes, I hear he was a big sucker........
Answered your own question: bodies, writings, independent, verifiable evidence...Xerxes has monuments built IN HIS LIFETIME, Nero is recorded in ROman history IN HIS LIFETIME...funny how one of you morons(Chuckles, I think) claims a Jewish COnspiracy, yet the Josephus blurb gets tossed around like it's a fact...seems that when a Jew says something positive, it's a mitzvah...but when Jews fail to mention 'everything' it's a conspiracy...I remember the masturbation-fest over Simcha Jacobovici's claim he found the ossuary of James, validating the Jesus Tomb claims...WROOOONG...he's just an entertainer, at this point...so yes, bodies help, but with no DNA to compare it to, what would it matter to science...the fact is that there is no evidence for any miracle worker named Yeshua...period...Constatine gets the credit for Xianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min black shuck 152,867
Is it possible to....... 30 min wichita-rick 613
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 1 hr Wolftracks 13
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 37,787
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 333
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 1,853
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr whatimeisit 40,764
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 26,019
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 8 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web