Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210096 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#85023 Apr 5, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
Evolution. Because I have put away childish things.
Good answer, but keep just a bit in the corner of your mind for alternatives that might just blow your -- and my -- mind.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85024 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too.

You are using the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Just because they don't measure up to your standards of what a Christian is does not mean that they are not Christians.

If you want to claim that Kong and I are wrong you need to prove it. I do believe that Kong included a link that showed you are wrong.
"They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too. "

Sure they were.(Smirk)

WOW what can you say.

It's is true "topix atheist are a whole new breed stupidness. "

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85026 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god.

So let's see it. Or don't you understand logic either?
"Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god."

Figured that out did you? Good I'm glad you're keeping up.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85027 Apr 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Yes, I was right.

MM, on the previous page you called this claim of woodtick's a lie:

"no person alive has ever given a shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses."

Do you realize that by calling that a lie you are in effect claiming there is evidence given by someone somewhere and who is still alive today that there is evidence for the existence of god.

So one more time: Where is that evidence?
"no person alive has ever given a shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses."

Of course this is a lie. Or just plain uneducated foot in mouth boosting.

M&M

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85028 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some scientists that are not narcissistic, actually know these people.
I had read ALL of darwins works when I was in college and he WAS nacissistic. I wanted to make up my own mind about evolution and studied it. I studied original research.
Do you often show your own posts to be wrong? any reason the rest of us need to be here? it must never be lonely in your world huh?:)

St. Croix valley

#85029 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god."
Figured that out did you? Good I'm glad you're keeping up.
M&M
no, that is not what he said. there is not one teesnsy weensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses...ever. none. not one shred. nada. zip. zilch. zippo. big goose egg.

St. Croix valley

#85030 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this is a lie. Or just plain uneducated foot in mouth boosting.
M&M
if you had the very first shred of evidence for any god ever existing, yo would have shown it by now. you are just stalling because you know you got nothing...
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85031 Apr 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>A neuroscientist would know.

Science questions the God spot in the brain. ;-)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Such efforts to reveal the neural correlates of the divine—a new discipline with the warring titles “neurotheology” and “spiritual neuroscience”—not only might reconcile religion and science but also might help point to ways of eliciting pleasurable otherworldly feelings in people who do not have them or who cannot summon them at will. Because of the positive effect of such experiences on those who have them, some researchers speculate that the ability to induce them artificially could transform people’s lives by making them happier, healthier and better able to concentrate.
Science is still looking for the brains in atheist.

No looking for the atheist spot until they find the brain. Word is they are bringing in an Atomic force microscopy. I'm told that they have high hopes for success.

M&M

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#85032 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you feeling insecure?
Am I that threatening to you?
M&M

Delusional people are threats to themselves and others.
AM is not afraid of anything though, you or *your imaginary friends included.

St. Croix valley

#85034 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is still looking for the brains in atheist.
No looking for the atheist spot until they find the brain. Word is they are bringing in an Atomic force microscopy. I'm told that they have high hopes for success.
M&M
Langoliers sock puppet much?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85035 Apr 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know a single atheist who claims there is no such thing as sin. Just more bullshit bigot propaganda from self righteous religious zombies.
You don't have any atheist friends?

You need to look around at the other atheist boards. Atheist all over these boards claim that without a God there can be no Sin.

You would not be my first pick to go looking for that missing item "the atheist brain".

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85036 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as "sin". "Sins" are immoral acts according to religious belief and morality is subjective.
See here's one of your buddy's right here "chimney sweep".

M&M

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#85037 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope everyone on these forms reads this. They would all be exposed to stupid in its purest state.
Come on... you're not THAT stupid. There are a few other relifious posters that out-stupid you. Athough, you're doing a fine job

St. Croix valley

#85038 Apr 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on... you're not THAT stupid. There are a few other relifious posters that out-stupid you. Athough, you're doing a fine job
yes, yes he is...
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85039 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I have not rejected God. I have rejected your baseless opinions of what you think God is, however that is ENTIRELY different. Your monumentally massive fundamentalist ego causes you to assume that to disagree with you is to disagree with God. You are simply not that important.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "Christian humans are not apes, we are human."

All humans are apes. Christians are apes.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "
Label yourselves as you wish.
Just don't over step your bounds. Keep your apes to yourselves.
M&M"

I cannot keep your innate apeness to myself. You can only keep your apeness to yourself. I have not overstepped any bounds however if you think otherwise, tough.(shrug)
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)

I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.

Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)

M&M

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85040 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Nero, or Caligula, or Spartacus or Cambyses or Xerxes. All are documented in the same manner as God and Jesus Christ. Do you deny their existence?
Actually they aren't.

There are no historians who lived at the same time as Jesus who wrote about him. Even the Gospels are second hand stories at best.

Jesus the man very probably did exist. The miraculous stories about him are just that, stories.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85041 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you have failed to provide evidence that North Dakota is flat. You have also failed to provide evidence that the Bible was specifically referring to Dakota when it claimed the EARTH was a flat square circle.
Sorry you have failed to have a sense of humor. I guess apes can't catch jokes.

M&M

Level 9

Everett, WA

#85042 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too. "
Sure they were.(Smirk)
WOW what can you say.
It's is true "topix atheist are a whole new breed stupidness. "
M&M
Hitler never denied his Catholic faith and in face said that he always was and always would be a Catholic.

What evidence do you have that he was not a Christian?

You might hate his works, that does not change the fact the he was a Christian. Many Christians have done terrible things. He is just worse than most.

Now what is disgusting is when Christians lie and try to claim that Hitler was an atheist when he persecuted atheists. Not as badly as he persecuted the Jews, but being an atheist could land you in a concentration camp too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#85043 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a self proclaimed ape (smirk)
I am not. Why? Because I am mankind
My God created us complete, no mutations required.
Just think ( if you're not gay ) you may father the next ape species to walk the planet. How exciting this must be to you.(Smirk)
M&M
That is a baseless claim on your part.

Whether you like it or not you are an ape. Whether you like it or not you share an ancestor with chimpanzees. There is no reliable evidence that supports your claims. We have more than enough evidence.

Why do you think that your side keeps losing court cases. Legal cases are based upon evidence too. If you don't have any evidence you lose.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85044 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Metaphorically speaking, I suppose I have. That's why you have no argument.(shrug)
"That's why you have no argument"
From you.

Yes I know. You have nothing on your side. this you freely and openly claim.
I have God on my side.

Play ball!

M&M

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snake dies from silicon poisoning after sinking... 5 min Spotted Girl 1
News Most people text their ex when drunk - this gir... 7 min Dr Wu 14
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Old Sam 12,209
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 10 min Old Sam 16,537
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 13 min Old Sam 14,549
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 13 min Old Sam 4,298
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 15 min Old Sam 9,307
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min xxxooxxx 201,212
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 29 min LIM 8,999
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 37 min Tv viewer 148