Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205206 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84952 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
a conspiracy is a story based on no evidence, so in fact it would seem that the only conspiracy here is Christianity
Wrong!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#84953 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as for Scotland, Ireland and Wales adopting the English language, if you mean they were conquered and forced to ADOPT the English language, well yes you are right
as for the United States adopting the English language, its actually because England dominated the colonization of North America and thanks the French and Indian Wars
kinda like how Spain dominated the colonization of South America which explains why Spanish is the dominate language there
your understanding of history both ancient and recent is somewhat lacking
I'm Irish.

I speak five languages.

Eight, if you want to be charitable and include Elvish.

IT AIN'T THAT HARD!!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84954 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not necessarily true. hominids spread across the globe could have started many different languages when they developed that ability.
Oh you mean, a talking Babboon?
Lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#84955 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no more a Jewish conspiracy to suppress Christianity than a Christian conspiracy to suppress Judaism.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. Fundie Christians to date hate hearing about differing opinions also.
<quoted text>
You're right. Your martyr complex does not count.
<quoted text>
The gospel of Mohammed continues. Hallelujah.
<quoted text>
This is plain incorrect. Egyptian archaeology stands out as the one backed up by the most archaeological findings, something I pointed out to you last year. Those that support YOUR religion stand out to YOU because you have a vested interest in them in particular. I on the other hand have no more vested interests in Egyptian archaelogical finds than I do ancient Christian ones. I merely point out that others have more than you.
But none of it matters as all the archaeological evidence in the world could never prove Jesus had magical powers.
Blah blah blah blah blah!
Jesus existed and he is still in existence. Period.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84956 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh you mean, a talking Babboon?
Lol
no, the baboons are not hominids and they have never developed speech.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84957 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. That is why I know your claim is patently false. Even most fundies have heard of the Crusades. And it doesn't matter who started them, blame can be spread quite nicely across both sides.
Oh, and don't forget the Christian policy of "No other Gods before Me!", whereas Rome in the past assimilated other religions. You think the new Roman Christian Emperor Christianized Rome with cookies and milk? You are severely deluded.
Ofcourse, before Christianity, the Romans worshipped other gods and goddesses, but have you bothered to ask your self why the sudden acceptance?
Jesus!

St. Croix valley

#84958 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Blah blah blah blah blah!
Jesus existed and he is still in existence. Period.
nope. he died and they lost his body... didn't even think enough about him at the time to take care of his carcass...

Level 2

Location hidden

#84959 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, those are clearly not evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. not in any way...
How?
Why?
Disprove that.

St. Croix valley

#84960 Apr 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm Irish.
I speak five languages.
Eight, if you want to be charitable and include Elvish.
IT AIN'T THAT HARD!!!!
is Klingon or Vulcan one of those eight?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84961 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why death? why death what?
do you mean why do we die? because we are animals and all animals die.
This is a dishonest response. Do we as animals or humans really or truly want to die?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84962 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the baboons are not hominids and they have never developed speech.
So, what is your point?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84963 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nope. he died and they lost his body... didn't even think enough about him at the time to take care of his carcass...
From your comments even though rash, you have accepted his existence. Halleluyah!

St. Croix valley

#84964 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How?
Why?
Disprove that.
because they in no way prove any god or gods or goddesses. i think you need to look up what the words proof and evidence mean.

St. Croix valley

#84965 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, what is your point?
i clearly made it in the post you responded to.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#84966 Apr 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The only contradiction is manufactured by those who oppose the idea, and within the scientific community, religious people included there is none. If there were it would falsify it and we would have to scrap it. So many scientists try and it is their job to do so, but are unable to because a convergence of the evidence make everything fit. From DNA, ERVs the fossil record , nestled hierarchy .
And the timeline itself support the evolution of life , through 5 major extinctions each time new species emerging. All this fits together in the fossil record.
Your argument is "scientists say it", so we must all accept it as truth from the pristine, well meaning, perfect, all knowing "scientists"

St. Croix valley

#84967 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is a dishonest response. Do we as animals or humans really or truly want to die?
it is THE ONLY honest answer.

what difference do our wishes or wants make in this matter?

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84968 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets start under this context, the world historically was with one language, true or false?
false

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#84969 Apr 5, 2013
And we must never, ever question the scientists motives, logic, or "observations". We MUST accept and obey!

NEVER ever just accept and obey!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84970 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text> law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/n...
Jesus, however, is variously portrayed in these writings as a troublemaker (Tacitus),... suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our ... Christian scribes edited the writings of Josephus, probably adding ...
again, i said written at the time your Jesus proportedly walked the Earth, not 100 years later

Histories (Latin: Historiae) is a book by Tacitus, written c. 100–110, which covers the Year of Four Emperors

Josephus not only wrote about Jesus decades after he was said to have existed, while living in Rome, but you miss the context entirely. H e only references Jesus in stories about James, and John the Baptist

would you think that if this jesus character was all that important, he would have wrote something SPECIFICALLY ABOUT HIM???

St. Croix valley

#84971 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is "scientists say it", so we must all accept it as truth from the pristine, well meaning, perfect, all knowing "scientists"
no, that is not how science works. in fact it is the opposite, everything is up for peer review and rigorous examination.

you shouldn't talk of a field of study you clearly do not understand...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Nude stranger falls through patio roof ... 2 min wichita-rick 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min KNIGHT DeVINE 197,704
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min Bezeer 17,123
News Headstone of Civil War soldier to be fixed afte... 13 min xxxooxxx 9
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 25 min andet1987 4,307
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 29 min andet1987 2,876
Name an item game 31 min andet1987 104
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 53 min Sparky 665
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 56 min Statistics 33,278
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 19,847