Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199426 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84932 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The emperor Tiberius' scribe Tacitus wrote of the rebel Christ. The writings describe the acts of Pontius Pilate and his relation to the events with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is a historical figure.
yes, people did right of him at the time of his life! and none of them attributed anything remotely god-like or prophetic to him. he was used as a media sounbyte. a bad commercial, really...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84933 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really..........other than your Bible, please name any historical document written when your Jesus was said to have existed that mentions his name and activities.
If you were to actually study other religions, you would soon see the similarities between Chritianity and the Egyptian stories of Isis and Osiris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rtuW6D_gjCcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Christianity is also similar to Mitharism
http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristiani...
Conspiracy!
Conspiracy!!
Conspiracy!!!
Conspiracy!!!!

St. Croix valley

#84934 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets start under this context, the world historically was with one language, true or false?
not necessarily true. hominids spread across the globe could have started many different languages when they developed that ability.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84935 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you must be out of your mind.
There was/ were conspiracy( ies) and you know that.
There is no more a Jewish conspiracy to suppress Christianity than a Christian conspiracy to suppress Judaism.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The Jews even up to todate, hates hearing about Christ.
Irrelevant. Fundie Christians to date hate hearing about differing opinions also.
Charles Idemi wrote:
But does that counts? NO!
You're right. Your martyr complex does not count.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The gospel of Christ continues. Halleluyah!
The gospel of Mohammed continues. Hallelujah.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Wrong!
Archaeology has the answer.
From archaeological findings among world's religion, Judaism and Christianity stands out.
Others have/ has/ had little or no archaeological backings to back up their projections( stories).
This is plain incorrect. Egyptian archaeology stands out as the one backed up by the most archaeological findings, something I pointed out to you last year. Those that support YOUR religion stand out to YOU because you have a vested interest in them in particular. I on the other hand have no more vested interests in Egyptian archaelogical finds than I do ancient Christian ones. I merely point out that others have more than you.

But none of it matters as all the archaeological evidence in the world could never prove Jesus had magical powers.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#84936 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The emperor Tiberius' scribe Tacitus wrote of the rebel Christ. The writings describe the acts of Pontius Pilate and his relation to the events with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is a historical figure.
Perhaps. But Tacitus lived from 56AD to 117AD so he was not a contemporary of Jesus.

St. Croix valley

#84937 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
That is most of the time since you are on the government dole...
your just jealous that I am semi-retired before I'm 50...

i thought you said I was a civil servant? why would I be on the dole if I were a civil servant?

you can't even keep you own lies straight. classic cult mentality..classic.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84938 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i have learned to not read Chaz's posts when sipping my coffee...
Very good advise.

St. Croix valley

#84939 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Conspiracy!
Conspiracy!!
Conspiracy!!!
Conspiracy!!!!
no, don't EAT the tin-foil, you need to make a helmet out of it!

shiny side out!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84940 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing with his existence, but a lot to do with his being a deity. that was made up by people for their political gain at the time, as proven by the way they acted toward him and wrote about him...
Your views and positions are politicised. You are an atheist.
Now answer the question, why death?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84941 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what archeological finds support the myth of the abrahamic god?
Did'nt you saw my question? Why death?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84942 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This you know is a dishonest response.
Christianity, we all know sprang up from Judaism, the Jewish Christians never fought a hard war, to win converts unlike Islam. They maintain faith, till the Romans saw the need for them to embrace the truth.
Just think!
I have. That is why I know your claim is patently false. Even most fundies have heard of the Crusades. And it doesn't matter who started them, blame can be spread quite nicely across both sides.

Oh, and don't forget the Christian policy of "No other Gods before Me!", whereas Rome in the past assimilated other religions. You think the new Roman Christian Emperor Christianized Rome with cookies and milk? You are severely deluded.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84943 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal -
1.Lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.
2.(of truths, values, or questions) Valid for all time; essentially unchanging.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=8&...
My understanding is founded on the “Law of Non-Contradiction”. This means absolute truths I discover is valid all time; essentially unchanging, existing for-ever, it had no beginning or end! You see how these two concepts (eternal/law of non-contradiction) interconnect with the same information?
Hence, absolute truths or unchanging!
HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! This time I put the coffe cup down before reading this piece of comedy.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84944 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again, considering all that Jesus proportedly did, name one historian that recorded anything about jesus when he was said to have existed.
NEWSFLASH nothing was ever written about Jesus when he was alledged to have existed.......
Why is that???
I have said or replied this, earlier than now.
The Jewish authorities conspired with the Romans to silence any given information about Jesus birth. Even the bible mentioned the likes, how Herod killed and destroyed every necessary data about Jesus and other of his age groups.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84945 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as for Scotland, Ireland and Wales adopting the English language, if you mean they were conquered and forced to ADOPT the English language, well yes you are right
as for the United States adopting the English language, its actually because England dominated the colonization of North America and thanks the French and Indian Wars
kinda like how Spain dominated the colonization of South America which explains why Spanish is the dominate language there
your understanding of history both ancient and recent is somewhat lacking
Your name, Karma is a.
You are new here or probably not regular, i have said more than what you think you know, earlier than now.
The issue stands, English originated in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84946 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
while your statement that no one can rule out the existance of the almighty n one can prove the existane of od.
in fct there is abolutely no evience to support the existance of an omnipotet being but plenty of evidence that suggsts it doesn't exist
Then you must be dreaming, because there are alot of evidence, one of them is death and the universe itself.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84947 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claims remain baseless opinions.
Agnostic claims = violation of the law of non-contradictory!
Scientific conclusion: all your claims against or attempting to refute my absolute truths will ALWAYS fail.

Agnostic view is illogical/foolish thinking in nothing more and that is an ABSOUTE TRUTH!

You see why I call you a fool? It's because of your agnostic view on GOD/ABSOLUTE TRUTH?

I call you what you claim to be by keep claiming and up-holding your agnostic view.

When you stop claiming to be an agnostic in its way of thinking you will no longer be a fool/illogical person!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84948 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Halleluyah!
God bless you.

St. Croix valley

#84949 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you must be dreaming, because there are alot of evidence, one of them is death and the universe itself.
no, those are clearly not evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. not in any way...

St. Croix valley

#84950 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Did'nt you saw my question? Why death?
Why death? why death what?

do you mean why do we die? because we are animals and all animals die.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84951 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>History of the English Language
A short history of the origins and development of English
The history of the English language really started with the arrival of three Germanic tribes who invaded Britain during the 5th century AD. These tribes, the Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes, crossed the North Sea from what today is Denmark and northern Germany. At that time the inhabitants of Britain spoke a Celtic language. But most of the Celtic speakers were pushed west and north by the invaders - mainly into what is now Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The Angles came from "Englaland" [sic] and their language was called "Englisc" - from which the words "England" and "English" are derived
http://www.englishclub.com/english-language-h...
That i know, Buddy.
The issue is that, there are no traces or what so ever of English in Main land Europe but only in Britain( England to be precise). So, the origin can not be given to air, but be given to where it is visible and that is, England.
And again, Germanic does not mean German, but includes German, English, Dutch, Danish, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 min SMH 32,415
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 min SweLL GirL 12,423
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 6 min Ferrerman 15,865
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min SweLL GirL 7,680
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 31 min SweLL GirL 13,103
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min honeymylove 192,916
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 40 min honeymylove 145,460
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 56,873
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr MC Travelling Sto... 7,311
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr beatlesinthebog 2,302